• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just nothing I do stops this Disk IO thing from happening.

Restarting steam does nothing, waiting does nothing. Am I screwing something up by continuously trying this? Should I just delete the preload and redo the whole thing?

Edit: Seriously, what the fuck is a Disk IO even?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You win this time, PC gaming. I've been trying to install the .NET framework since 12. Keeps making me restart my computer with no effect. oh well

Off to bed while it downloads. Not liking all the annoying install issues I'm hearing about in this thread. How does an endless .Net Framework install loop that seems to be impacting tons of people, not get caught during testing?

Varna

Personally it went smooth for me. It had to repair, but it only took a few minutes. Love that you could configure the entire thing before you boot up. Everything ran well without a hitch. This is an impressive PC effort. Love it.

Can't skip the intro movie again though Gearbox? :/

Carm

What is this shift code stuff. Signed up but no confirm email, but get a golden key. Is that a seperate golden key from the premiere club? Nothing in game says I get premiere club stuff, prior to actually playing.

epmode

The game installed fine over here. And oh god the options menu is such a ridiculous improvement over the first game. Performance is great too.

Hawk269

I just tried forcing alternative AA instead of using the in-game FXAA, but in the NV CP, it is not allowing me to force anything for AA. Anyone else have the same issue?

HoosTrax

Ok stupid question, how do I get this to download? I verified integrity and it still didn't download the pre-order bonuses.

C39AFEFC2B2E180C2E637EF81F46E442B12677BA

Fireye

It still is awesome unless you wait till the last minute like a bunch of people in this thread have. Ordered mine 2 or 3 days ago and all is well with it.

I ordered on Sept 3rd, still no key. I'm not in a huge rush to play (being it's almost 1am, and I work tomor... err, today), but it'd be nice to download/unlock.

Nirran

I ordered on Sept 3rd, still no key. I'm not in a huge rush to play (being it's almost 1am, and I work tomor... err, today), but it'd be nice to download/unlock.

Was said before that the key is under your account. He changed how the keys went out and everyone had them on Saturday even if you got no email.

epmode

Look up port forwarding(long process so I don't know if that's your thing), but even without that you should be atleast be able to join others. Weird

The developers specifically said that port forwarding isn't required for the multiplayer in the PC version. Maybe the servers are fucky.

Fireye

Was said before that the key is under your account. He changed how the keys went out and everyone had them on Saturday even if you got no email.

Ah, I missed that memo, thanks for the headsup. I finally got my account/keys page to load, so I'm good to go. Woot!

Dumb question, y'all: can every class use every weapon? I'm hot and heavy on Zero, but I don't want to be gimped in what I can and can't shoot.

Coconut

Banned
So has anyone got to a place in the game where it will actually stress their 'maxed out' settings? Like a place where the shoot and have a bunch of effects going.

So is it normal to get a legendary gun off your first fight? The physx effects from the corrosive goo it shoots out are actually not killing my system. With a 570 and physx on high its not locked at 60fps but Im not seeing any drops below 45 when stuff is flying all over.

Nelo Ice

Banned
The developers specifically said that port forwarding isn't required for the multiplayer in the PC version. Maybe the servers are fucky.

My friends are in game just fine. I'm the only one missing. But damnit Steam Gearbox whoever let me play co op!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom