• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razek

Banned
So is it normal to get a legendary gun off your first fight? The physx effects from the corrosive goo it shoots out are actually not killing my system. With a 570 and physx on high its not locked at 60fps but Im not seeing any drops below 45 when stuff is flying all over.

I got the same. It's a quest reward.

God, I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to play this!
LLShC.gif

So the Destructoid review mentioned that there is NO option for offline co-op multiplayer, can someone confirm this?

I've done it. Split-screen either way and you can take your split-screen buddy online too.

EDIT: Looks like people are saying no split-screen on PC. Odd.

ezekial45

Banned
Is anyone having problems with Microsoft.NET Framework - Redist Package?

I had to do repairs with it and had to restart twice. It seems to be stuck in a loop, cause it's asking me to restart again.

aku08

Is anyone having problems with Microsoft.NET Framework - Redist Package?

I had to do repairs with it and had to restart twice. It seems to be stuck in a loop, cause it's asking me to restart again.

dont restart. i canceled the restart and the game started for me. its worth a shot.

aegies

For those having trouble installing the PC version, I had to uninstall the VC redistributable and let Borderlands 2 install it from scratch. I would also advise uninstalling .net and letting borderlands just install what it wants. And yeah, it required like four restarts. But after that it's very stable.

Varna

120fps smooth as butter on a 690 @ 1080p

amazing

Yup. Though the early area barely has any physx stuff. That's the thing that will bring it down later.

One thing that is kind of bad is the texture loading. I can see it happening... I'm on an SSD too.

The common fix for the prerequisite installer coming up every time you launch the game is to delete installscript.vdf from the root game directly.

I was kinda worried I might not be able to max out the settings on this game. Looks fantastic with the effects and it's still running buttery smooth on a 570 GTX @ 1920x1080 with all the bells and whistles on high. Gearbox REALLY outdid themselves.

gblues

Banned
I think I was able to get out of the .NET loop. Here's how I did it:

1) When it prompted to repair/remove the VS2010 redistributable, I hit cancel. It went on to the .NET framework.
2) When the .NET framework finished, I clicked "restart later"
3) This brought me back to the Steam "first time setup" window. I clicked "Play game"
4) It brought back the VS2010 redist prompt, which I cancelled again
5) It ran through the .NET framework again, and this time the BL2 setup program opened.
6) I closed BL2 and re-launched it from Steam
7) This time I did "repair" on the VS2010 framework

Now I can launch BL2 from Steam w/o any prompts.

YMMV.

Avinexus

people like claptrap?

dude seem "focus group cool" from the beginning!

Claptrap is legitimately the best character in the series.

Just got back from my midnight release, installing right now. This is the most hyped I've been for a game is soooo long.

Wow, I won't be surprised if it outsells either console version.

I think the consoles had almost triple the number of preorders than PC.

BigDug13

Destructoid review said that PC version offers no off-line Co-Op. Can someone with the PC version please say if it offers a LAN mode option for multi?

Arcticfox

The only issue I have had is that my mouse cursor did not show because I had my PS3 controller hooked up to the computer and I guess the game tried to use it as the default control method. After removing it everything is fine.

The game has been surprisingly smooth at all high settings with an overclocked GTX 460.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom