• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems I really should try the multiplayer in this. I just never seem to have the time to get together with others. Can you just join in mid game or do you have to choose multiplayer from the start. In borderlands 1 i'm only missing the two trophies for the coop stuff.

If anyone wants a coop buddy on PS3 hit me up PSN:darkjedi187. I'm most likely going to go with Maya

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
When we originally worked with NVidia we were planning on TXAA but apparently it can only work with DX11 so I made a note on GAF and our community that the option was no longer available.

Ah I see, thanks for the info.

warpbackspin

Neo Member
Haven't seen anybody talking about the PS3 version yet. Anybody have it? How are the visuals and frame rate compared to the first game?

About 10 minutes in on the ps3. I've been playing the first all last week and it does feel smoother right out the gate. Aside from some odd but familiar hitches during the intro movie, and one just now with Guardian Angel contacting me (figure its the fmv loading in, maybe?) it's been great actually playing it. Seems better then the first, looks fantastic, and haven't noticed any blatant pop-in aside from when you get to pick your characters/skins.

Still I'll wait and see how the game fares on a 2nd playthrough. That's when I would really start getting some bad framerates with all the crazy guns and enemies.

Also, still waiting on my premiere club code from Amazon...

edit: Code get! Also, love how you don't have to constantly stop and press/hold anything to pick stuff up. So simple but so good.

edit2: "...Is there a closer view of the gu-(R3 to inspect) Yes! Oh, baby!"

RS4-

From the shift sign up thing, it mentioned getting two keys. I only have 1 when I'm introduced to Claptrap.

I'll assume I still get one key from the Premiere Club code and then 2 from the Shift thing?

Nelo Ice

Banned
When we originally worked with NVidia we were planning on TXAA but apparently it can only work with DX11 so I made a note on GAF and our community that the option was no longer available.

Have you guys see the connection timeout problem? It seems me and others can't connect to certain players or in some cases not at all. The only solution I've found that works is DMZ. Apparently using Hamachi works too.

Spazo

Have you guys see the connection timeout problem? It seems me and others can't connect to certain players or in some cases not at all. The only solution I've found that works is DMZ. Apparently using Hamachi works too.

Is there a list of ports that we need to open ? (port forwarding)

Well everything is setup see you in a couple of hours gaf! the peeps on my friends list co-op can wait for a bit want to try it out for my self first ;).

bl2_hype2gtpqz.jpg

Cth

Does Gearbox get any feedback on what classes everyone are using?

I'd like to see the breakdown if possible.

It was on my receipt along with the other Gamestop exclusive DLC. (360 version)

Edit: The final receipt after they ring you up.. not on the pre order slip.
Ah, cheers. I was looking at the wrong one. I guess that's what shooting psychos until 4 am does to ya :p

Also, is there a way to see total playtime? I haven't seen it so far... it would be a baffling thing to remove. But then again, I love tracking stats so maybe it isn't as important for some people

icespide

Banned
was going to try really hard to not buy this on launch day and wait for some price drops but I'm weak and caved during lunch....oh well

Razek

Banned
I'd like to hear how this one runs in comparison to SweetFX (the only one I've used so far).

I tested it.
There is definitely a sharpen filter being use that makes textures pop. Here is with SweetFX:

Open up my other pictures and this one in new tabs and you will see there is more detail on the big building's concrete wall that I am looking at. I think I am going to stick with this one for now too :)

I tested it.
There is definitely a sharpen filter being use that makes textures pop. Here is with SweetFX:

Open up my other pictures and this one in new tabs and you will see there is more detail on the big building's concrete wall that I am looking at. I think I am going to stick with this one for now too :)

:D

nice. yea, I'm a fan of SweetFX and have been using it on all my games since discovering it. lots of things you can tweak in that settings file to taste.

Spiderduff

I'm sorry if this is stupid, but where is the code for the premier club? I got the loot chest from best buy and cant find it for the life of me.

Before I went to bed I remember seeing people say they didn't have their golden guns or the key to that chest in Sanctuary. But then people signing up in-game would get the key after a restart or something. So where is the Vault Hunter's Relic and golden guns?

IHaveIce

Banned
The option to change your FOV isn't in the console version or is it?

My friend got motion sickness by playing Borderlands 1 and would like to know if he can try Borderlands 2

iNvid02

I tested it.

razek can you link the sweetfx inkector

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who the hell decided to have enemies be able to bounce you off the platform without giving you any way to bounce back up? Shouldn't be in any game that doesn't have rocket jumping

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Dook hut. No fapping!

PS: I'm online playing the 360 version now. GT : kittens dx.

Spazo

I tested it.

what about the performance hit with SweetFX ?

edit:
Dreams got ya. Be warned though, I did see a slight performance drop using SweetFX.

HoosTrax

The one change that I don't like so far is the inventory layout. Makes very poor use of space imho. Instead of only showing 8 or so items from your inventory, it'd be nice if it showed 3 columns of 8 items.

The popup description of the inventory item also obscures your weapon slots.

FatBaby

Was I just hearing things or is there a way to "mark" weapons as trash? Then when you go to the vendor, you can just hit a button and it sells everything. I think I saw an option for it at a vendor, but I can't seem to figure out how to mark weapons in my inventory.

Anyone know?

derFeef

Was I just hearing things or is there a way to "mark" weapons as trash? Then when you go to the vendor, you can just hit a button and it sells everything. I think I saw an option for it at a vendor, but I can't seem to figure out how to mark weapons in my inventory.

Anyone know?

That's true, just watched the Giantbomb quicklook and Jeff demonstrated it.

I'm going to pick it up on my way home unless the receipt issue holds me up.
I kind of feel all over the place on this game. I wasn't the huge fan of the first many others were. I loved it out of the gate but by the time I finished my second play my opinion had dropped considerably. They made big improvements in the DLC after I had given up and I was looking forward to the second. Some game play and talk got me back on board but last night I read some reviews and started to feel down about it again.
It's not like the reviews are bad at all. In fact everyone is saying pretty much what I expected.

I wish I knew which character was the least played. I think I would pick that first just to have less character overlap in the co-op

Xevren

Gonna put it in spoilers just in case

Where in Sanctuary is the Black Market? I have a few pieces and I want upgrades!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I higher fire rate is worse, right? It's showing an upward green arrow on this higher fire rate, and I'm confused.

Gah! I just tried both the premier club doe and the creature slaughter dome code... I input both twice and each time it said the code was invalid. Does this mean somebody ganked my code? Or are those features just not live yet and available to download?

This is for the 360 if that makes a difference

Razek

Banned
Please for the love of God someone tell me you get more inventory space later. This 12 items only thing is bullshit.

About 2-3 hours in you get a chance to up your inventory by a significant amount. Plus, there is also a bank too.

I higher fire rate is worse, right? It's showing an upward green arrow on this higher fire rate, and I'm confused.

Higher is generally considered to be better. The bigger the number, the faster you shoot, thus more damage per second.

Alchemy

I WANT MORE SNIPING. I got two hours in last night and I can't focus on work at all right now. First game in a while that I got sucked into and lost track of time.

gblues

Banned

Higher fire rate is better. It's how many bullets you are putting down range. Of course, if there's a huge drop in accuracy then the higher ROF is probably not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom