• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
Is anyone else getting the install/repair loop for the Microsoft .NET framework before starting the game? It gave me problems last night, had to repair and restart twice, but I opted to restart later and it gave me no problems.

Now it's doing the repair all over again. It's stuck in this loop. Once I restart, I'll have to do this all over again.

Is anyone else having problems with this?

for new page.

The performance cost is near zero. Again, if you have 5 minutes of free time, take a break from the game and enable it. Instructions:

1. Download 1.2 from here: http://mrhaandi.blogspot.com/p/injectsmaa.html
2. Extract.
3. Go to the d3d9 folder.
4. Drag all files to your 'steamapps/common/Borderlands 2/Binaries/Win32' folder.
5. Go back to playing an awesome game!

It's personal taste, but don't use FXAA. It's blurry.

I'd like to hear how this one runs in comparison to SweetFX (the only one I've used so far).

see5harp

I'm getting the .NET loop. If you just say 'no' the game works fine but I fail to see why every mainstream PC title needs some new distribution of code, Direct X or video card driver. Like why would you need new instructions for your game to work when you have the dev tools at your disposal?

Gotchaye

The performance cost is near zero. Again, if you have 5 minutes of free time, take a break from the game and enable it. Instructions:

2. Extract.
4. Drag all files to your 'steamapps/common/Borderlands 2/Binaries/Win32' folder.

Thanks. If I do this, should I turn off AA in the video options?

bitoriginal

Wow at that review. It really is horrendous. I don't usually comment on this sort of thing but it reads as though the guy came straight off the back of a frustrating gaming session with his 14 year old son and just vomited whatever was on his brain at the time. It honestly seems as though the guy just wants another big multiplayer FPS and was pissed off when it wasn't what he wanted. Laughable really.

Anyway, I haven't been keeping up with this game at all, but I saw a video of some ninja-like dude with a sword. I'm basically wondering if I can use a sword in Borderlands 2?

bonesquad

Still waiting on mine, too.

Hoping it arrives before the game does by UPS. Want to have it installed before my first playthrough. :(

I got an email about midnight CST last night with my Premiere Club code from Amazon. I also got one for the $10 bonus (I thought usually this was just automatically applied to your account). Now to just go home and play...

WITHOUT SMAA:
iRDLja9CQK9BW.png

SMAA ENABLED:
ibpjP0PVUQzZjZ.png

2. Extract.

Thanks for this. SMAA does look smoother.

I actually pre ordered 2 places and still somehow managed to screw up getting the premier pack. Without going on a full on Gamestop rant is the content from the GS pre order available with the season pass at some point?

Razek

Banned
I'd like to hear how this one runs in comparison to SweetFX (the only one I've used so far).

I'll be honest, I have no idea what that is haha.

Thanks. If I do this, should I turn off AA in the video options?

???
There is no in game AA other than FXAA. I believe that can be enabled and disabled on the fly, so you can see if you like it (you won't, it blurs everything including text).

Unless you mean in your external program aka catalyst or Nvid inspector. In which case, that's up to if your PC can handle that.

Megasoum

Banned
I played 30-40min last night and loved it. They definitly made an amazing pc version.

There is 2 VERY MINOR nitpicking thing I've noticed tho.

1-The auto-loot for money and ammo is great in general but it could have been better executed. Why not autoloot ammo and money from chest after you opened them? Or at least, if it doesn't auto-loot at least increase the zone where the prompt show up. Right now you have to really aim pricisely to the ammo or money to get the prompt and the hold E to loot everything. Why not make it so that you can just look at the chest and hold E to loot everything?

2-You need to press E to talk to a Quest NPC but once the windows is open you need to click with the mouse or press enter to accept/turn in a quest. Why not allow E also to do those actions? Would be great to not have to move your hands around the keyboard.

Like I said, those are extremely VERY MINOR issues and they won't reduce my enjoyement of the game but minor stuff like that could be easily fixed in a future patch.

hey guys....anyone preorder from GMG (PC) and have any issues w/ the premiere club? When i click on the DLC in the menu it takes me to the borderlands2 purchase page.

My account shows 'BL2 + Premiere Club DLC', but i don't see where to 'download' it.

Got to take my son with me to work for the midnight launch. He decided he wanted to dress as claptrap for Halloween this year and my boss told him he should wear the costume to the launch if he got it done early enough. We got it done and also rigged it up to play claptrap audio files from my cellphone. When he came out of the back room and played "Hey there stranger!" the whole store exploded into cheers. I don't think he's ever been happier. Here's a pic and then I'm off to finally play my game!

imagejpeg_03iqa9.jpg

Thats Classic, not only that, but he'll remember that for the rest of life, good on you sharing your hobby with your little one, he'll be a better person for it.

taylor910

Been a long time since I played BL, but I remember certain character classes being better for different types of weapons.

Anyone care to fill me in on choosing a class based on the weapons you want to use?

Assassin- sniper
commando- assault rifle
siren- ?
gunzerker- machine gun/rocket launcher?

Is this right? Is going with a commando build and focusing on sniping a bad idea?

I played 30-40min last night and loved it. They definitly made an amazing pc version.

There is 2 VERY MINOR nitpicking thing I've noticed tho.

1-The auto-loot for money and ammo is great in general but it could have been better executed. Why not autoloot ammo and money from chest after you opened them? Or at least, if it doesn't auto-loot at least increase the zone where the prompt show up. Right now you have to really aim pricisely to the ammo or money to get the prompt and the hold E to loot everything. Why not make it so that you can just look at the chest and hold E to loot everything?

2-You need to press E to talk to a Quest NPC but once the windows is open you need to click with the mouse or press enter to accept/turn in a quest. Why not allow E also to do those actions? Would be great to not have to move your hands around the keyboard.

Like I said, those are extremely VERY MINOR issues and they won't reduce my enjoyement of the game but minor stuff like that could be easily fixed in a future patch.

My answer to number one would be that people collect around a Chest during CO-OP. It gives someone time to divy up the loot and give ammo to whomever needs it.

Spazo

hey guys....anyone preorder from GMG (PC) and have any issues w/ the premiere club? When i click on the DLC in the menu it takes me to the borderlands2 purchase page.

My account shows 'BL2 + Premiere Club DLC', but i don't see where to 'download' it.

same here,

I just saw that an entry was added in my library named Borderlands 2: Premiere Club

... maybe they try to fix it

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Been a long time since I played BL, but I remember certain character classes being better for different types of weapons.

Anyone care to fill me in on choosing a class based on the weapons you want to use?

Assassin- sniper
commando- assault rifle
siren- ?
gunzerker- machine gun/rocket launcher?

Is this right? Is going with a commando build and focusing on sniping a bad idea?
Siren SMG. High fire rate = higher chance for elemental damage.

Does anybody know how those who pre-ordered the console version from Gamestop are going to get their premiere club bonuses? They didn't tell us at the midnight launch and I don't see anything on the receipt. Are we getting an email at some point?

U2NUMB

Does anybody know how those who pre-ordered the console version from Gamestop are going to get their premiere club bonuses? They didn't tell us at the midnight launch and I don't see anything on the receipt. Are we getting an email at some point?

It was on my receipt along with the other Gamestop exclusive DLC. (360 version)

Edit: The final receipt after they ring you up.. not on the pre order slip.

Coconut

Banned
Thats Classic, not only that, but he'll remember that for the rest of life, good on you sharing your hobby with your little one, he'll be a better person for it.

Remember that time you forced me to hangout with those weirdos? Well that was the start of me hating you.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
When we originally worked with NVidia we were planning on TXAA but apparently it can only work with DX11 so I made a note on GAF and our community that the option was no longer available.

Loving the fact I can kick people out of my game, to many damn loot whores.

Oh and SMAA works wonderful, better than the FXAA from what I have seen so far.

H3xum

Blah so discouraged over the lack of Premier Club code from Amazon even though I've already received/installed the game on 360.

Don't know if I want to start playing yet or no....

Guess I have 2.5 more hours til I'm out of work so fingers crossed

eek5

Can someone explain ammo looting in coop to me? Is it bugged or something? I can pick up ammo when mine is full. Are my teammates getting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom