• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend of mine pre-ordered Borderlands 2 from WalMart's online store. It arrived without any pre-order bonus content. Any advice for him?

Edit: Top of the page, sorry...

Hobohodo

So I understand it may be to early to say, but do we have any idea on th beat way to play through this? Like Borderlands 1 was all about rushing through PT1 with minimal side quests to get on to PT2 at around level 35ish. Is that what we are looking at again? Apologies if this is well known but I've been on a bit of a blackout aside from trailers and skill trees.

I've played through the first area with two different characters to get a feel for them and have yet to find a sniper rifle. I think I'm going to stick with Zer0, I'm having so much fun with him.

ghostmind

What class should I play?

In BL1 I played as Berserker pretty much exclusively and enjoyed it.

Is Gunzerker the closest match in BL2? Played as Zero last night and it was ok, but not really the play style I am used to.

scy

Haha, this is awesome.

My favorite line so far is when Zero enters stealth mode, he sometimes says
Hilarious, you've activated my trap card!

I can't help but crack up everything I hear it

I was going to go Maya but this ... this may change everything.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Pretty sure that's a regular boss drop that everyone gets. I got it both times when I defeated him.

The first game had special boss weapons that dropped like that.

oh... seems way over powered compared to everything else I've gotten.

Ultimadrago

Has anyone heard any funny Psycho ramblings?

I just came from a
delivery
mission and I swore I heard one reciting classic literature. He did so for what felt like several minutes.

It was great.

This game is pretty awesome. Even at level 6 I feel like a badass playing as Zero.

One question - is there any way to increase the level of peril? What I mean is if I die, I just rematerialize at the last checkpoint. Then I just run back to the spot where I died and continue the fight. The enemies I previously killed are still dead and the ones I injured are still down on health. It reminds of Bioshock, where you could just endlessly die and respawn until you finally ground down even the toughest bosses.

Is there a way to make it so when you die you have to restart a fight from the beginning?

GUNS.

i"m okay with fodder enemies being this way, but it does NOT work on bossess, they fill back up to full health when you die. At least if you play solo.

Funny
Skyrim
easteregg.
"I used to be a Vault Hunter like you. Then I took a bullet to the knee".

Good for including that in Gearbox! :p

There seem to be a lot of great references in this game. I swear I heard a Breaking Bad reference last night. Was fighting some bandits in the camp after meeting Hammerlock and one of them shouted
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

ok so this happened :eek:
Can't play the game anymore?

after using the vpn and going back to the EU store played the game for a bit, quit out of the game and come back 15 min later.

Now game is back to pre-load instate of play,

Anyone?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hit 21 on my Gunzerker. Gonna take a break at my part time :p

Bandit arena good place for artifacts. Found 5 there and some nice new scaled weapons.

Nopren

ok so this happened :eek:
Can't play the game anymore?

after using the vpn and going back to the EU store played the game for a bit, quit out of the game and come back 15 min later.

Now game is back to pre-load instate of play,

Anyone?

I restarted steam, and then it was fine.

Btw, does anyone know how to change your appearance? Can't seem to find a "station" or a menu-option for it.

Filth

i dont wanna spoil anything - it has nothing to do with the story but me and a fellow gaffer were playing just running around on
some metal walkway when out of nowhere a train came wrapping around a mountain going insanely fast and we both died instantly and we both got scared and jumped from our seats and laugh. this is the first time a game has actually made me jump from my seat. fucking awesome

rbanke

Well this sucks. I bought a 680 which came with a free code for Borderlands 2. I already had the vault hunter edition pre-ordered. I figured I'd use the free code I got so I could play last night and when my vault hunter edition comes, id activate the bonus code and sell the game code to someone. Well, there is only one code in the vault hunter edition. The game's code also activates the bonus content. So basically I have no way to use the bonus content that comes with the vault hunter edition. Feels bad man.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Elemental snipers are devestating on Maya. Of course I put my first 5 points in upping elemental proccing. I am a Maliwan fan. Only been finding good inciderary stuff though. Really need some corrosive.

Has anyone activated this with a VPN? If so, which, and how did it go?
good at first but now its back to pre-load, even with an extra steam restart I'm still in preload even though I played for 15 min on the vpn.
Back in the EU store can't play it anymore its back to pre-load :(

If anyone has a solution (yes playing with vpn I understand that) anything else?

Miletius

Well this sucks. I bought a 680 which came with a free code for Borderlands 2. I already had the vault hunter edition pre-ordered. I figured I'd use the free code I got so I could play last night and when my vault hunter edition comes, id activate the bonus code and sell the game code to someone. Well, there is only one code in the vault hunter edition. The game's code also activates the bonus content. So basically I have no way to use the bonus content that comes with the vault hunter edition. Feels bad man.

I'd contact the publisher and see what they can do for you. Oftentimes you get lucky and a CS rep will work with you.

Barring that maybe message the Gearbox rep on the boards, he's probably busy as shit right now but he might be able to help you out.

grendelrt

good at first but now its back to pre-load, even with an extra steam restart I'm still in preload even though I played for 15 min on the vpn.

If anyone has a solution (yes playing with vpn I understand that) anything else?

Did you go into offline mode? You are supposed unlock the game then put steam in offline mode if I am not mistaken.

rbanke

I'd contact the publisher and see what they can do for you. Oftentimes you get lucky and a CS rep will work with you.

Barring that maybe message the Gearbox rep on the boards, he's probably busy as shit right now but he might be able to help you out.

I'll try shooting their support an email and see what happens but I'm not expecting much more than a 'sorry about your luck'. This caused me to miss out on the premiere content also. I guess I should have just waited to play.

Am I the only one whom doesn't have this Premier DLC that did preorder the game and still doesn't care? I'm sure that it'll be figured out in the future and am looking forward to some of the bonuses that it'll provide, but by itself the game is just a blast. Super super fun.

Razek

Banned
Elemental snipers are devestating on Maya. Of course I put my first 5 points in upping elemental proccing. I am a Maliwan fan. Only been finding good inciderary stuff though. Really need some corrosive.

Yeah, they sure don't feel like giving out any other elements on snipers huh? I haven't seen anything but fire yet.

Megasoum

Banned
So anybody posted a weapon screenshot using the in-game tool on PC? I'm curious to see how it look with the model and the weapon card.

Torraz

I once did this for deus ex: HR and you were supposed to start the game once and then put it into offline mode until EU release. Your description does not say whether you did this or not.

Santiako

Has anyone activated this with a VPN? If so, which, and how did it go?

I activated it through vpn, I recommend PrivateTunnel, went fast and smoothly.

You have to put Steam in offline mode.

Drazgul

Man, I hate the ambiguous wording on a lot of the talents. Take Salvador's Inconceivable talent, for example:

"Your shots have up to +50% chance to not consume ammo. The lower your health and shields, the greater the chance of free ammo"

So how much is it when I'm at full health/shields? Makes it all the more harder to pick the skills when you can't know beforehand if they're any good.

Filth

Am I the only one whom doesn't have this Premier DLC that did preorder the game and still doesn't care? I'm sure that it'll be figured out in the future and am looking forward to some of the bonuses that it'll provide, but by itself the game is just a blast. Super super fun.

In steam verify game cache data. It will download one file that will get you your keys and stuff.

Razek

Banned
Man, I hate the ambiguous wording on a lot of the talents. Take Salvador's Inconceivable talent, for example:

"Your shots have up to +50% chance to not consume ammo. The lower your health and shields, the greater the chance of free ammo"

So how much is it when I'm at full health/shields? Makes it all the more harder to pick the skills when you can't know beforehand if they're any good.

Haha, I'm working on this one now and got fed up with it not doing anything so I was going to go respec.

--
On another note, I made quite the discovery with Salvadors gun lust tree in regards to snipers. There is a lot of abilities that can be abused to get some massive damage bonuses (in theory from what I'm reading now) and I'm not feeling so bad about picking this character anymore. I love this game.

alba

Little is the new Big
There seem to be a lot of great references in this game. I swear I heard a Breaking Bad reference last night. Was fighting some bandits in the camp after meeting Hammerlock and one of them shouted
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Heard it too, it was awesome!

iNvid02

restarting steam after the vpn unlock screws it up, i did it once to see if the vpn unlock was permanent like some of the ea games on origin, but steam has it covered.

so best thing to do is either unlock, turn off vpn and play - after you're done just hang around the menu or alt-tab out and keep steam running

or just unlock and go into offline mode

Did I go and fuck some shit up? I have preorder from Steam (EU) I had today in game library "Borderlands 2 premiere club" double clicked it and then it begun to start/load something. I forgot the window all together and started to pre-load Borderlands 2, changed my download location from sweden to finland (was getting slow and this has helped me earlier) and now I do not have that "premiere club" thing on my games list anymore. It's supposed to disappear?

So, I'm only one that have had this happen to me?

You have to put Steam in offline mode.
Nope even in offline mode still at preload.

restarting steam after the vpn unlock screws it up, i did it once to see if the vpn unlock was permanent like some of the ea games on origin, but steam has it covered.

so best thing to do is either unlock, turn off vpn and play - after you're done just hang around the menu or alt-tab out and keep steam running

or just unlock and go into offline mode
Thanks for the info! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom