• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is beyond awesome. It's filled with insanely quality content and it's fun as hell. The loot is really addicting. I got an orange cluster grenade when I killed Boom & Bewm and I'm still using it past level 14. I rolled a Gunzerker and I'm going for a rampage build. I'll probably reroll to gun lust later on. Still, my GotY for now.

scy

if youre on pc and order the download version you can still get some of the dlc.

Oh really? I just bought it via GMG earlier today. Would be nice. I just completely forgot about pre-ordering the game entirely until checking this thread and seeing people posting impressions.

Raide

This game is beyond awesome. It's filled with insanely quality content and it's fun as hell. The loot is really addicting. I got an orange cluster grenade when I killed Boom & Bewm and I'm still using it past level 14. I rolled a Gunzerker and I'm going for a rampage build. I'll probably reroll to gun lust later on. Still, my GotY for now.

Arggh! Spoiler names please!

*please don't shoot me. please don't shoot me"

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member

eX1YF.jpg

Claptrap is actually the funniest character ever. The random shit he says always makes me crack up. Like how he rambles on about you being his minion at the beginning.

Decided the Bobblehead and Artbook weren't worth £20 extra, cancelled my Amazon order and went with GMG. Now I have 2% left. Time to look into that VPN situation.

Twinduct

Did he explain how to do it?

Well if you click on the lower right hand corner of the weapon, it crates an 'X' next to it , red X ... is this what you are talking about?

Btw if so, which button do I use to sell the marked items then?
If you find out I mean heh

Miragith

I just received the game from Amazon and am installing now. But I don't see any pre-order DLC code. I checked on Steam and it doesn't show anything under BL2 DLC, so it's not tied to the CD key. Is Amazon supposed to send a separate email with the code?

Edit: Just spoke with an Amazon rep and they said that they are going to email the code within two days... :(. Is that the same procedure for every game release?

Any thoughts on what to spend my Badass points on? I already have a stack ready but am afraid of spending them and finding out I wasted them. Also my fear has been confirmed. Early games weapons suck even more than I remember. Hellfire, Pestilent Defiler, Cyclops where are you!!!

Any thoughts on what to spend my Badass points on? I already have a stack ready but am afraid of spending them and finding out I wasted them. Also my fear has been confirmed. Early games weapons suck even more than I remember. Hellfire, Pestilent Defiler, Cyclops where are you!!!

The more points you invest into a certain category, the less asded effect they have (it goes +1%, +0,7%, +0,6% etc.). So, try to even it out. These modifiers aren't that huge of deal to your character, so you can't really damage your build no matter how you spend them.

RoeBear

WOW, was playing with some randoms and they kept stealing everything something orange dropped and I got it. It's a repeater with infinite ammo!

LQX

Loving the game so far but two things that saw no improvement for me, saving and to a extent key mapping. I hate that it starts you all the way back in the map rather than at the save check points. Still ridiculous.

Also the vehicles should have their own key mapping or at the least common sense things like the key for running should be used to boost the car.

And I wish the mini map had different views so I can see wider area.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Higher fire rate is better. It's how many bullets you are putting down range. Of course, if there's a huge drop in accuracy then the higher ROF is probably not worth it.
Oh, right, that makes sense. :lol

For anyone using Zer0, the C0unter Strike upgrade says "your next Melee Attack has a chance to deal massive Melee Damage" - what is the % chance they are talking about?

I hate how some weapons show the % chance, but others don't.

Coconut

Banned
Loving the game so far but two things that saw no improvement for me, saving and to a extent key mapping. I hate that it starts you all the way back in the map rather than at the save check points. Still ridiculous.

Also the vehicles should have their own key mapping or at the least common sense things like the key for running should be used to boost the car.

And I wish the mini map had different views so I can see wider area.

The check points are so everyone starts at the same place.

TRios Zen

Just picked this up and have the Premier Club and Slaughter Dome queued up for downloading through XBOX Live.

Sadly, between work (now) and soccer practice for son (later), I probably won't be able to play for another 7-8 hours.

So jelly of those of you playing now. bastards!

ttocs

Just picked this up and have the Premier Club and Slaughter Dome queued up for downloading through XBOX Live.

Sadly, between work (now) and soccer practice for son (later), I probably won't be able to play for another 7-8 hours.

So jelly of those of you playing now. bastards!

I've been at work at all day salivating at the thought of playing tonight. Just another hour of work and then it's time to play! Thankfully I took off tomorrow.

Jesper Kyd is on a roll right now, between this and the awesome Darksiders 2 ost he did man.. This is what happens when he didn't get to work on Assassins Creed 3.

Ceebs

Just got to sanctuary, but was kinda not feeling it for a while. I then I got a purple elemental SMG for my Siren. All is well again.

Why the fuck they held off on introducing them for so long, I have no clue.

I already redeemed and downloaded it into my HDD. On Borderlands 2 Main Menu, I clicked on Downloadable Content, then It kept claiming that I didn't own any.
Its there, its not DLC which is why its not showing up, if it lists all the stuff you have on the main screen as "unlocked" you're good.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So, is it usually worth exploring ahead of the story?. I just got to
Firehawk Den, I think? I can't remember exactly. It's in the NW corner of Frostburn Canyon.
There's no enemies, and some of the loot cases are locked. It kind of sucks to push all the way through this huge canyon only to find out that I can't get the goods, but I guess it can't be helped. Should I just focus more on the story from now on, or...?

Thanks for fielding my questions. I'm new to Borderlands and don't want to get trapped making too many noob moves.

Razek

Banned
The more hours I put into the game, the more I realize how lucky I got with the very second sniper I picked up.

The three round burst + the speed is similar to one of the legendary snipers in BL1, and each headshot does about ~500 damage x3 so I can instant kill pretty much everything besides bosses. I thought it was a standard thing but after a ton of looting and farming shops I haven't seen a sniper even close to it yet.

I'm kind of sad about it because I doubt I'm going to find another one now and I'm going to have to switch to a single shot version eventually.

Atruvius

Funny
Skyrim
easteregg.
"I used to be a Vault Hunter like you. Then I took a bullet to the knee".

Good for including that in Gearbox! :p

Funny
Skyrim
easteregg.
"I used to be a Vault Hunter like you. Then I took a bullet to the knee".

Good for including that in Gearbox! :p
Haha, this is awesome.

My favorite line so far is when Zero enters stealth mode, he sometimes says
Hilarious, you've activated my trap card!

I can't help but crack up everything I hear it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom