• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Hit lvl 50 with a friend. Waiting for the rest of the group to hit lvl 50 to try Teramourphous.

What should we do ? What are some easy/good legendaries to farm ?

Hit lvl 50 with a friend. Waiting for the rest of the group to hit lvl 50 to try Teramourphous.

What should we do ? What are some easy/good legendaries to farm ?

The bee and the baby maker are probably the first two you should jump on. There are some decent torgue legendaries from the vending machines in the dlc. Otherwise farm the warrior for good purples and the occasional legendary. Or do what I do which is farm the treasure room in the cap Scarlett dlc and get more purps than necessary and quite a few legendaries.

The bee and the baby maker are probably the first two you should jump on. There are some decent torgue legendaries from the vending machines in the dlc. Otherwise farm the warrior for good purples and the occasional legendary. Or do what I do which is farm the treasure room in the cap Scarlett dlc and get more purps than necessary and quite a few legendaries.

Got a bee. Will try to get that baby maker. I have an amzing tediore fire smg too. I'm looking at the Bitch, can it roll electric ? it would be amazing for a electric build Mech

I've got lots of spare point on my 360 account so;

A) what's the best decision in terms of content/story.... And loot.
B) should I get it now, or wait until I've finished the campaign

?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Man this game is super uneven. Sometimes I'm having a ton of fun with the combat and all the unique and interesting guns in this game, and sometimes I get dropped in some of the most unfair combat scenarios that suck all the fun out of the game. I want to love this game but I have so many ups and downs it's frustrating.

Anyway, I just got a pretty badass blue shotgun, and combined with the Firehawk shield that releases blasts of fire upon depleting, my strategy for fighting bosses has been to run up to them and unload on them with the shotty, and then have the blasts of my shield finish them off. Then, if I get sent into the dying state, a few blasts from my shotgun will generally finish off the boss and give me back my Second Wind. It's pretty suicidal but fun, since I can generally pull it off without dying.

Prodigal

Banned
After you complete the main quest and do a warrior run, can you save/quit and start right back at him again to keep farming? I haven't gotten a solid answer on this.

Xevren

After you complete the main quest and do a warrior run, can you save/quit and start right back at him again to keep farming? I haven't gotten a solid answer on this.

I'm fairly certain you can, because I remember doing this but it feels like so long ago since I beat it.

Shift codes, playa!

Twitter

PS3: KT5J3-6R6WT-BWCC3-S3WBT-S5FSB PC: 53CJJ-K5TC5-KR3BB-3B33T-XSHJB X360: C3WJB-CCJ3R-69FBR-WRBBB-HFSKC

PS3: 5BC3B-CF6C3-J55WT-STWTT-RSSXB PC: WTWTJ-353WW-5F3TB-BBBJT-HJSKB X360: CBK33-RWT3R-6SFTR-WXJBJ-9ZFHC

Facebook

PC: 5T5B3-CWJSK-KRTJT-TTJJT-9HW63

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/326708_10151192794034081_2061018592_o.jpg (for 360 and PS3)

360: WTWBJ-HKZ5H-XHFTF-WX3JJ-6HRS6 (wrote it out, can't test)

PS3: K3KBJ-BZKZW-JC5K3-SBC33-TCH3F (wrote it out, can't test)

Yay codes. Good haul for me. Got a crazy good E-Tech Corrosive Blob Shotgun for anti-loader work. Also an upgrade to my already awesome Torgue machine gun.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Am I supposed to do optional quests between story missions to level up? Because I've been doing nothing but story missions (let's face it, the optional missions are boring as fuck) and I'm starting to get really frustrated at how hard these missions are getting.

one_kill

Am I supposed to do optional quests between story missions to level up? Because I've been doing nothing but story missions (let's face it, the optional missions are boring as fuck) and I'm starting to get really frustrated at how hard these missions are getting.
If you're on your first playthrough, do some optional quests to level up. If you're on your second playthrough, you may want to consider accepting some of the optional quests after you've gotten to 2.5 (like the Cult Following quest). The reason being is that the rewards will scale to level 50 (for the Cult Following quest, you'll get a legendary shield).

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I'm on my first playthrough. I'm enjoying everything about the game with the exception of the retarded way that the story missions scale in level, preventing me from just blasting through them. I don't really enjoy doing most of the optional missions, but I guess I'll tough it out and use them to level up.

I came across this blog post about BL2 and I agree with a lot of what it says. The design decisions in this game are pretty fucking terrible sometimes. I hate how the encounter design in this game basically boils down to "throw a crapton of enemies at the player" over and over again. It's not like they change up the system ever. I hate how you're dependent on loot drops to make certain missions doable. Until I got my current corrosive SMG I fucking hated every damn encounter with Handsome Jack's robots, especially those suicide fuckers that take your shields down in one hit (who's bright idea was that, anyway). I hate how you lose money every time you die. Like dying wasn't annoying enough to begin with, now you have to rob me of cash every time you fuck me over with a shitty combat encounter.

Unlike the writer, I do find the world and characters in this game interesting, which is why I continue to play it. But my patience is being tested literally every time I turn this game on, and I don't know how much longer I can go before I just say fuck it and toss the game away.

Yeah I'm on my first playthrough. I'm enjoying everything about the game with the exception of the retarded way that the story missions scale in level, preventing me from just blasting through them. I don't really enjoy doing most of the optional missions, but I guess I'll tough it out and use them to level up.

I came across this blog post about BL2 and I agree with a lot of what it says. The design decisions in this game are pretty fucking terrible sometimes. I hate how the encounter design in this game basically boils down to "throw a crapton of enemies at the player" over and over again. It's not like they change up the system ever. I hate how you're dependent on loot drops to make certain missions doable. Until I got my current corrosive SMG I fucking hated every damn encounter with Handsome Jack's robots, especially those suicide fuckers that take your shields down in one hit (who's bright idea was that, anyway). I hate how you lose money every time you die. Like dying wasn't annoying enough to begin with, now you have to rob me of cash every time you fuck me over with a shitty combat encounter.

Unlike the writer, I do find the world and characters in this game interesting, which is why I continue to play it. But my patience is being tested literally every time I turn this game on, and I don't know how much longer I can go before I just say fuck it and toss the game away.

What class are you? The first play through is really manageable. If you are having trouble. Blow all of your golden keys on good weapons it will help.

How do you get hold of golden keys?

Finished my first play through last night. Was a bit disappointed with the final battle, and I was annoyed at how much loot there was remaining when I left her area (put a vending machine in the area so I can sell it all!)

Seanspeed

Banned
The alternative was what they did with BL1 and have an easier difficulty curve for the main story so you COULD just blow through it. Problem was, if you did side missions, you ended up overpowered/leveled pretty quickly.

So making the difficulty curve a bit tougher for main missions means you can do side quests without making everything else too easy.

I think if you're playing it mainly for the story aspects, you're probably not going to enjoy it much. Its a shooter loot game, first and foremost.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
What class are you? The first play through is really manageable. If you are having trouble. Blow all of your golden keys on good weapons it will help.

I'm playing Siren. I like the character but I feel like I need to keep grinding out side missions before I can get to the next story mission, which is kind of annoying since I really don't care about any of the side missions.

The alternative was what they did with BL1 and have an easier difficulty curve for the main story so you COULD just blow through it. Problem was, if you did side missions, you ended up overpowered/leveled pretty quickly.

So making the difficulty curve a bit tougher for main missions means you can do side quests without making everything else too easy.

I think if you're playing it mainly for the story aspects, you're probably not going to enjoy it much. Its a shooter loot game, first and foremost.

Yeah I think that's probably what's happening with me. I play single player games for the story mainly, and I think I need to approach BL2 like I would approach an MMO instead of an FPS. It's pretty frustrating though because they call them "optional missions" when they're really not fucking optional at all.

Pakkidis

I'm playing Siren. I like the character but I feel like I need to keep grinding out side missions before I can get to the next story mission, which is kind of annoying since I really don't care about any of the side missions.

Yeah I think that's probably what's happening with me. I play single player games for the story mainly, and I think I need to approach BL2 like I would approach an MMO instead of an FPS. It's pretty frustrating though because they call them "optional missions" when they're really not fucking optional at all.

Agree with you completely, Both borderlands games is very strict about being at the same lvl as your enemies, one or two levels below and you are going to have a difficult time.

dekjo

Why in the fuck am I getting charged $1.3k every time I die now? Man this game really goes out of its way to piss me off.
It's based on a percentage of the amount of money you're holding. You must have a lot of cash on hand. It doesn't matter, money is useless in this game. I hardly ever bought anything, just gambled with it.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It's based on a percentage of the amount of money you're holding. You must have a lot of cash on hand. It doesn't matter, money is useless in this game. I hardly ever bought anything, just gambled with it.

Hmm I guess that's true, I don't really use it for anything. Guess I might as well start tipping Moxxi.

nel e nel

Outside the fast travel section. It's the same booth as the one that allows you to customise your character.

sanctuary.. theres a respect place right outside the travel center.
Wait, were is the respect place? My self-esteem could really use a boost right about now.

CKt3g.jpg

Btw, I see many people have high level characters when they shouldn't be that high. How is that possible? Someone in my friendlist is lvl 34 during the rescue Roland mission.

I just love to stack them up and do many together. I also upgrade the left side, Best Friends Forever as that side looks much better to spend my skill points on.

i understand. remember though, the more levels you gain the more it will cost to respec/reset your skill points. doing that allows you to play around with different builds and gives you a chance to play the character in new ways.

your skills aren't set in stone and you might be asked to change them up to take on the raid bosses when you go co-op.

i understand. remember though, the more levels you gain the more it will cost to respec/reset your skill points. doing that allows you to play around with different builds and gives you a chance to play the character in new ways.

your skills aren't set in stone and you might be asked to change them up to take on the raid bosses when you go co-op.

Well I have enough money right now, $120k, more than enough I think. :p What are raid bosses?

Maybe they were power leveled?

What is power leveling?

Top Bottom