• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Well I have enough money right now, $120k, more than enough I think. :p What are raid bosses?

they're extra bosses that require more people to kill. preferably 4.

Btw, I see many people have high level characters when they shouldn't be that high. How is that possible? Someone in my friendlist is lvl 34 during the rescue Roland mission.

there's no level restrictions when joining peoples games. it's possible to start a new game at lv1 and your friend can join even if he's lv50

Shifty!

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2:
KJ53T-CZWZK-3KC5J-HJC3T-HCC59

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2:
CT5TB-B6HWS-XSR3F-KR3BB-H6B6R

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2:
5TCTJ-XC3S5-C6JJT-3JTTT-HFBW9

Zaphod

Shifty!

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2:
KJ53T-CZWZK-3KC5J-HJC3T-HCC59

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2:
CT5TB-B6HWS-XSR3F-KR3BB-H6B6R

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2:
5TCTJ-XC3S5-C6JJT-3JTTT-HFBW9

Yea! Thanks!

Farming Terramorphous with a buddy. Two player is so doable. He's not even having a Bee.

Looking for a Fire CC maybe. Mine is 5500x7 but I feel I loose a lot from non elemental.

Also, Legendary Siren mod. Anyone on PC has it ? I can trade/dupe about any good gun (CC, Maggie, Infinity, any Terramorphous class mod, Legendary Mechro...)

gblues

Banned
New codes! These will be good all weekend:

PC / Mac: WTKT3-BSJSK-5XBTT-B333T-963SF
Xbox 360: CBWTT-SBFSK-35WKT-HB5TT-RRRHH
PlayStation 3: K3W33-5SX95-35K53-935T3-H6WW6

So I got three more legendaries. The gub, Logan's gun and accuminous hellfire. The gub doesn't seem great considering how many good etech corrosive weapons I have, Logan's gun seems like garbage even with its special ability, and the hellfire seems like a legit badass flesh melted, but I'm not sure if any of the raid bosses are even weak against fire.
Why can't I get a legendary shotgun or sniper :(

Logan's is indeed garbage. I've also never found a real place for the Gub. Too many better pistols like Maggie and Thunderball out there.

About to finish my first playthrough with Mechro (got motivated again) and damn is it easier with her than Siren. Mech makes everything easy. I'm interested in seeing how/what the robot does against the Warrior...but yea, nothing that was difficult with Maya is difficult now.

Xevren

Logan's is indeed garbage. I've also never found a real place for the Gub. Too many better pistols like Maggie and Thunderball out there.

About to finish my first playthrough with Mechro (got motivated again) and damn is it easier with her than Siren. Mech makes everything easy. I'm interested in seeing how/what the robot does against the Warrior...but yea, nothing that was difficult with Maya is difficult now.

Don't expect much from the robot against the Warrior, all it does for me is shoot the rakks flying above...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the wildlife preservation mission. See, when this game doesn't throw unfair and bullshit encounters at you, it can actually be pretty fun. I totally enjoyed that entire area, from the art design to the story progression. Hopefully the game keeps up in this vein and doesn't revert to its crappy early mission designs.

Because I am a lucky motherfucker, I have a legendary soldier class mod for trade (ps3) I am looking for a conference call, preferably not duped but it doesn't matter in the end because you can't hex edit ps3 bl2 to my knowledge. Anyways, I want a vanilla gun. Preferably not elemental but If it is electric that's ok. Let me know :)

one85x

Because I am a lucky motherfucker, I have a legendary soldier class mod for trade (ps3) I am looking for a conference call, preferably not duped but it doesn't matter in the end because you can't hex edit ps3 bl2 to my knowledge. Anyways, I want a vanilla gun. Preferably not elemental but If it is electric that's ok. Let me know :)
I have a CC you can have. The poor little thing has never seen the outside of a vault before.

Oh yeah finally beat the game! The Warrior wasn't that hard! I even beat him a second time, not knowing he would show up again there.

I'm not enjoying my second play through, i'm being reminded how much of a grind some of the early story missions are, and I'm beginning to think that Zer0 is a wee bit shit. Without a few pistol skills as Mordecai had once enemies close in on you you're a bit fucked.

Probably should've gone commando. :-

redhot_

Really? I was thinking of going commando...

Can you elaborate why you think they are more fun?

Ya sorry.

Commando was my first to level but i always ran out of ammo quick, but its neat to run fast and the turrets are really badass.

Gunzerker solved my ammo issues and my pray and spray rushing style. He will always be my go to. Also really high damage with Money shot skill and ammo clip capacity.(last bullet does 400% dmg when a clip at 10 or more rounds)

Siren is awesome to just melt the enemies and if your with friends they will love you for the phase lock revive.

JJD

Ya sorry.

Commando was my first to level but i always ran out of ammo quick, but its neat to run fast and the turrets are really badass.

Gunzerker solved my ammo issues and my pray and spray rushing style. He will always be my go to. Also really high damage with Money shot skill and ammo clip capacity.(last bullet does 400% dmg when a clip at 10 or more rounds)

Siren is awesome to just melt the enemies and if your with friends they will love you for the phase lock revive.

Wow, thanks for the tips! I really appreciate that!

What about the mech girl that was released later? Do you have experience playing with her? She was actually my second choice, but I'm now considering going Siren now since I plan to play with a friend!

redhot_

Wow, thanks for the tips! I really appreciate that!

What about the mech girl that was released later? Do you have experience playing with her? She was actually my second choice, but I'm now considering going Siren now since I plan to play with a friend!

Can't really say much on Gaige i power leveled her to 50 and only messed around a bit. Death trap isn't a slouch though i say that lol.

I did go down the first skill tree on her, and the final skill doubles her shield or something so it was easy to get 130k HP with the legendary shield Neogenator. There is also a skill that makes every kill add to Death Traps duration, and its a big chunk to so that was pretty neat.

Started TVHM with Mechro. I feel like the only way to earn my levels at this point is to just take on all missions listed as "TOUGH" because otherwise, missions are a cakewalk. Robot blocks punches with his face while I batter from a distance. Ez. Still, having fun with it.

I can count on my hands how many games I've put more than 100 hours in. Great game is great.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Man this game is a lot more fun in co-op. I had a buddy over earlier so I started a new game (chose Gunzerker) and 4 hours later we were still running around shooting baddies and comparing loot. Game is a lot of fun in co-op, but can be downright painful to play through solo, which is a shame.

FatBaby

Does anyone have an Infinity pistol they are willing to dupe or trade? This thing just does not want to drop for me. I have a few legendary items. available if that's your thing. I'm on Steam.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm doing a complete 180 on this game. After getting some truly great guns and doing the optional missions to level up, I'm really enjoying this game. They really should point out to new players that the optional missions aren't really optional though...

dekjo

I think I'm doing a complete 180 on this game. After getting some truly great guns and doing the optional missions to level up, I'm really enjoying this game. They really should point out to new players that the optional missions aren't really optional though...

First time through, yeah, I'd agree it's probably good to do most of the side missions. But once you're familiar with the game and have good guns, you can blaze through the main story with only a few side missions here and there.

The real key to enjoying the game you already discovered, though, and that is co-op game play. It's fine on your own, but much better with good folks.

Cat Party

Why would you wanna respawn him?

Like many bosses, he has a chance to drop some good legendary gear.

I've been reading your posts. You have a lot to learn about this game ;) Once you hit the end game on playthrough #2 (True Vault Hunter Mode), you get the ability to find some really great level 50 gear by replaying certain bosses.

ZeroCoin

Finished up all of the achievements except for one...those stupid Moxxi photographs. I've been farming in Pete's bar for an hour with not a single drop. There isn't any way to check your progress with those is there?

Finished up all of the achievements except for one...those stupid Moxxi photographs. I've been farming in Pete's bar for an hour with not a single drop. There isn't any way to check your progress with those is there?

Wait, what??? Edit: NM, DLC.

I've been reading your posts. You have a lot to learn about this game ;) Once you hit the end game on playthrough #2 (True Vault Hunter Mode), you get the ability to find some really great level 50 gear by replaying certain bosses.

Seriously, Lv 50 TVH is really when the game gets amazing. I would have thought not being able to level up would make the game pointless, but it honestly just gets better. Doing the Level 50 quests and seeing the gear, respawning bosses for Legendaries, the game is actually MORE fun now.

Haha yeah I have a lot to learn, for instance I don't know what the title refers to. :p
I just got Claptraps eye back at True Vault Hunter mode but I will have to pause my playthrough since I have many other games in my backlog. I like the ability to switch between normal and TVH mode, since there is only 1 sidequest I have to do in normal mode(kill Terramorphus), then I'll get the completion trophy. Are you also doing the sidequests in your 2nd playthrough?

Haha yeah I have a lot to learn, for instance I don't know what the title refers to. :p
I just got Claptraps eye back at True Vault Hunter mode but I will have to pause my playthrough since I have many other games in my backlog. I like the ability to switch between normal and TVH mode, since there is only 1 sidequest I have to do in normal mode(kill Terramorphus), then I'll get the completion trophy. Are you also doing the sidequests in your 2nd playthrough?

The title references a combo that will murder any boss in seconds. Conference Call is an amazing shotgun that the Warrior drops. And the Bee is an amazing Amp shield that does crazy damage with each hit.

And do NOT do the sidequests in TVH mode. When you beat the game again, ALL quests go to Level 50 and the rewards go too. It basically becomes a whole new game.

Cat Party

You want to leave as many sidequests as you can in TVHM. Because if you do them after beating the game the second time, all the quest rewards level up to level 50. Some crazy gear to get that way. But some quests only give XP or eridium, and there's no reason to save those sidequests for later.

one_kill

How do I make Wilhelm respawn?
Finish the game, go to Tundra Express and use the exit to where you fought him.

No way to check progress. I kept track offline. I would get around two or three within an hour while doing some challenges for badass points in Pete's bar.

Do some of the sidequests. The only sidequests you should keep aside til you finish TVHM are those that offer blue or higher rewards.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the responses guys, they were very informative!

I don't know how useful this is, but I found a thread that lists "safe" side quests that you can do in TVHM, which are basically quests that don't have unique rewards:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=197150

I plan to use this list to level up in TVHM so that I don't get destroyed while doing story missions (I'm still working on my first playthrough).

Jrmint

Guys I just got the game yesterday and put 9 hours in and absolutely loved it.

But I just had to restore my computer to 2 days ago and just realized I may have lost my save! Please tell me my game was saved on Steam and I did not lose my progress!

Guys I just got the game yesterday and put 9 hours in and absolutely loved it.

But I just had to restore my computer to 2 days ago and just realized I may have lost my save! Please tell me my game was saved on Steam and I did not lose my progress!

My Documents --> My Games --> Borderlands 2

Progress *may* be lost, but it does sync something to the cloud, so you may be good to go.

Top Bottom