• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

What's a good level to start the Torgue DLC on?

Normal mode after the warrior
Tvhm level 50. You definitely want to do torgue at the max level due to the legendaries you get in the torgue vending machines. No point in doing the dlc at level 45 and getting level 43 legendaries.

Creature Slaughter Dome and Collector's Edition Pack just got added to Steam. $5 each. Can't find any reason to buy them for that price, personally. The Slaughter Dome is probably 30 minutes of gameplay and can't be repeated while the CE Pack is just some heads, skins, and a new grenade mod.

I guess this is the DLC that is "before the end of the world" that Randy Pitchford was mentioning on twitter?

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/278528713690337281

Jrmint

Any Gaffers wanna play tonight? I am roughly 11 hours in, just completed the story quest
Dam Fine Rescue
and have the optional ones all loaded up. Level 14 Commando

Steam name is ecarlson05
Display name is Skel82

Not sure which to add, kind of a steam noob lol, I also have a mumble server we could use.

KePoW

Banned
Creature Slaughter Dome and Collector's Edition Pack just got added to Steam. $5 each. Can't find any reason to buy them for that price, personally. The Slaughter Dome is probably 30 minutes of gameplay and can't be repeated while the CE Pack is just some heads, skins, and a new grenade mod.

Are these supposed to be included with Season Pass? Because I have Season Pass and Steam didn't seem to download the two new DLCs.

Luthair

I just got Borderlands 2 with my 670 GTX and I would love to have someone to play it with ^_^ I still haven't made a character yet.

My Steam name is Luthair

!!! Heads up everyone !!!

If you want a chance to win a ULE from BL2 for the xbox 360 enter the yearly

CAG for Child's Play 2012 Charity Raffle

I have donated a sealed ULE if you want a chance to win it and give back to the kids each $5 you enter gets you in the raffle.

Have fun everyone ! :)

Also my progress as of last week:

photo06-12-122248052ej3n.jpg

From the main story I only have to the LAST mission did everything else, now on the first DLC (the pirate one) after that is up to the 2nd DLC and finnishing the main game.
THAN onto the 2nd playtrough

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
!!! Heads up everyone !!!

If you want a chance to win a ULE from BL2 for the xbox 360 enter the yearly

CAG for Child's Play 2012 Charity Raffle

I have donated a sealed ULE if you want a change to win it and give back to the kids each $5 you enter gets you in the raffle.

Have fun everyone ! :)

Also my progress as of last week:

photo06-12-122248052ej3n.jpg

From the main story I only have to the LAST mission did everything else, now on the first DLC (the pirate one) after that is up to the 2nd DLC and finnishing the main game.
THAN onto the 2nd playtrough

Impressive!

Blu10

Yay, level 50.

Where do I get the best loot?

Edit: I'm a gunzerker, by the way.
From the gearbox forums

Assault Rifles
Seraphim[DLC1] - Seraph Vendor
Madhouse - Mad Dog*, Lynchwood
Veruc - Mobley, The Dust
Hammer Buster - McNally, The Dust
KerBlaster - Midge-mong, Southern Shelf
Shredifier - Unknown
Scorpio - Quest reward from "Bearer of Bad News" (Unique)
Evil Smasher - Quest reward from "The Chosen One" (Unique)
Hail - Quest reward from "Bandit Slaughter: Round 5" (Unique)
Stomper - Quest reward from "Hungery Like the Skag" (Unique)
Stinkpot[DLC1] - No Beard(Does not Respawn), Oasis
Captain Blade's Rapier[DLC1]- Quest Reward from "Message in a Bottle (Hayter's Folley)"
Boom Puppy[DLC2] - Quest reward from "Walking the Dog"
Angry Kitten[DLC2] - Quest reward from "Everybody Wants to be Wanted"

Pistols
Devastator[DLC1] - Seraph Vendor
Gub - Laney, The Fridge
Hornet - Knuckledragger, Southern Shelf
Maggie - Mick Zafod, The Dust (Side with Hodunks)
Thunderball Fists - Captain Flynt, Southern Shelf
Gunerang - Rakk Man, The Fridge
Unkempt Harold - Savage Lee*, Three Horns
Infinity - Doc Mercy, Three Horns Valley
Logan's Gun - Wilhelm, End of the Line
Dahlminator - Quest reward from "The Lost Treasure" (Unique)
Teapot - Quest reward from Tiny Tina "You are cordially invited"(unique)
Judge - Assassin Oney, Southpaw Steam and Power(Unique)
Rubi - Quest reward from Moxxi "Rakkaholic Anonymous" (Unique)
Fibber - Quest reward from "A Real Boy" (Unique)
Veritas - Quest reward from "Clan Wars: Wakey Wakey" (Unique)
Flint's Tinderbox - Captain Flint, Southern Shelf (Unique)
Gwen's Head - Found in a box near the Buzzard camp in The Dust (Unique)
Lady Fist - Quest reward from Una Mailbox in "Uncle Teddy" (Unique)
Law - Sheriff, Lynchwood (Unique)
Greed[DLC1] - Spoiler: Captain Scarlet during "Treaures of the Sands"
Little Evie[DLC1] - Magnys Lighthouse Kill Mr. Bubbles without hurting Lil' Sis. Speak with Lil' Sis afterwards to recieve Little Evie
Pocket Rocket[DLC2] - Purchase from Torgue Vending Machines

Rocket Launcher
ERROR MESSAGE ERROR MESSAGE[DLC1] - NPC Weapon used by Master Gee.
Ahab[DLC1] -Master Gee, Hayter's Folley / Seraph Vendor
Badaboom - King Mong, Eridian Blight
Pyrophobia - Incinerator Clayton, Frostburn Canyon
Bunny - Chubby enemies
Nukem - Black Queen, The Dust
Mongol - Dukino's Mom, Lynchwood
Norfleet - Vermivouris / Hyperius, Washburne Factory
Roaster - Quest reward from "Note to Self-Person" (Unique)
Creamer - Quest reward from "Creature Slaughter: Round 5" (Unique)
The Hive - Saturn, Arid Nexus Badlands (Unique)
12 Pounder[DLC1] - The Big Sleep, Hayter's Folley

Shotguns
Retcher[DLC1] - Seraph Vendor
Conference Call - The Warrior
Striker - Old Slappy, The Highlands
Deliverance - Tumba, Wildlife Preserve
Flakker - The Warrior
Sledge's Shotgun - Smash Head, The Fridge
Slow Hand[DLC2] - Badassaurus Rex/Piston, The Arena
Thre Dog - Assassin Rouf, Southpaw Steam and Power (Unique)
Triquetra - Quest reward from "Clan Wars: End of the Rainbow" (Unique)
Moxxi's Heartbreaker - Quest reward for siding with Moxxi in "Safe and Sound" (Unique)
Shotgun 1340 - Quest reward from Marcus during "Out of Body Experience (Unique)
Blockhead - Badass Creepers, Caustic Caverns (Unique)
Octo - Quest reward from "Slap Happy" (Unique)
Roksalt - Quest reward from "Splinter Group" (Unique)
Landscaper - Quest reward from "Family Fued: Dueling Banjos and Fiddles" (Unique)
Tidal Wave - Quest reward from Hyperion Mailbox in "Uncle Teddy" (Unique)
Teeth of Terramorphous - Terramorphous
Jolley Roger[DLC1] - Quest Reward from "Just Desserts for Desert Deserters"
Captain Blade's Orphan Maker[DLC1] - Quest Reward from "Message in a Bottle(Oasis)"

Sniper
Patriot[DLC1] - Seraph Vendor
Pitchfork - Terramorphous
Invader - Saturn, Arid Nexus Badlands
Skullmasher - Son of Mothrakk, Wildlife Preserve
Volcanoe - The Warrior
Longbow - Badass Creeper, Caustic Cavern
White Death/Lyuuda - Gettle, The Dust
Buffalo - Quest reward from "Demon Hunter" (Unique)
Fremington's Edge - Assassin Reeth, Southpaw Steam and Power (Unique)
Trespasser - Quest reward from "Animal Rights" (Unique)
Sloth - Quest reward from Mordecai in "Rakkoholics Anonymous" (Unique)
Morning Star - Quest reward from "Hyperion Contract #873" (Unique)
Chère-amie - Quest reward from "Hyperion Slaughter: Round 5" (Unique)
Pimpernel[DLC1] - Quest Reward from "Don't copy that floppy"
Cobra[DLC2] - Has a low chance of dropping off "Burners" in the Campaign of Carnage DLC. Confirmed here

SMG
Actualizer[DLC1] - Seraph Vendor
Tattler[DLC1] - Seraph Vendor
Slagga - Hodunk, The Dust
Emperor - The Assassins, Southpaw Steam & Power
Bitch - BNK3R
Hellfire - Scorch, Fropstburn Canyon / The Warrior
Baby Maker - Madame Von Bartlesby, Tundra Express / Mad Dog, Lynchwood
Miss Moxxi's Bad Touch - Reward from tipping Moxxi(Unique)
Miss Moxxi's Good Touch - Reward from tipping Moxxi, no set amount, can be got constantly (Unique)
Bone Shredder - Bonehead 2.0, Arid Nexus Badlands(Unique)
Bane - Quest reward from "The Bane" (Unique)
Lascaux - Found in a pond in the caves of Frostburn Cavern, respawns (Unique)
Chulainn - Quest reward from "Clan Wars" (Unique)
Commerce - Assassin Wot, Southpaw Steam and Power (Unique)
Sand Hawk[DLC1] - Quest Reward [from "Whoops"

Shields
Evolution[DLC1] - Seraph Vendor
Big Boom Blaster[DLC2] _ Torgue Seraph Vendor
Sponge[DLC2] - Torgue Seraph Vendor
Pun-chee[DLC2] - Torgue Seraph Vendor
Hoplite[DLC2] - Torgue Seraph Vendor
The Transformer - Pimon, Wildlife Preserve
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - Chubby Enemies
The Sham - BNk3R
The Bee - Hunter Hellquist, Arid Nexus Boneyard
Fabled Tortoise - Blue, Caustic Caverns
Black Hole - Foreman, Opportunity
Impaler - The Warrior
Neogenator - Spycho, Frostburn Canyon
Hide of Terramorphous - Terramorphous
The Cradle - Henry, The Highlands
Flame of the Firehawk - Quest reward from Lilith's Cult Mission (Unique)
Deadly Bloom - Quest reward from "Helping Out Overlook" (Unique)
Order - Quest reward from "BFFs" (Unique)
Love Thumper - Quest reward from "Best Mother's Day Ever" (Unique)
Aequitas - Quest reward from "Clan Wars: Wakey Wakey" (Unique)
1340 Shield - Quest reward from Dr. Zed in "Out of Body Experience" (Unique)
Pot o' Gold - Drop from Bagman(Doesn't Respawn) during the Quest "Clan Wars: End of the Rainbow" (Unique)
Captain Blade's Manly Man Shield[DLC1] - Quest Reward from "Message in a bottle(Wurmwater)"

Grenades
O-Negative[DLC2] - Toruge Seraph Vendor
Meteor Shower[DLC2] - Torgue Seraph Vendor
Crossfire[DLC2] - Torgue Seraph Vendor
Bonus Package - Boom Bewm, Southern Shelf
Bouncing Bonnie - Loot Midgets*
Fastball - Boll*, Three Horns
Fire Bee - Unknown
Leech - The Warrior
Quasar - Ultimate Badass Varkid
Rolling Thunder - Wilhelm, End of the Line
Storm Front - Rat Brothers, Bloodshot Stronghold
Pandemic - Mortar, Sawtooth Cauldron
Nasty Surprise - Vermivouris
Breath of Terramorphous - Terramorphous
Kiss of Death - Quest reward from "Hell Hath No Fury" (Unique)
Fuster Cluck - Quest reward from "The Pretty Good Train Robbery" (Unique)
Sky Rocket - Unlocked with Special Editions of BL2
Captain Blade's Midnight Star[DLC1] - Quest Reward from "Message in a bottle(Lighthouse)"

Class Mods:
Slayer of Terramorphous Siren - Terramorphous
Legendary Siren - Vermivorous*
Legendary Soldier - Vermivorous*
Legendary Berserker - Vermivorous*
Legendary Hunter - Vermivorous*
Legendary Mechromancer - Vermivorous*

Relic:
Blood of the Seraphs[DLC1] - Seraph Vendor
Might of the Seraphs[DLC2]- Torgue Seraph Vendor
Blood of Terramorphous - Terramorphous
Sheriff's Badge - Drops from Sheriff of Lynchwood (Unique)
Deputy's Badge - Quest reward from "Showdown" (Unique)
Moxxi's Endowment - Quest Reward from the "The Good, The Bad and the Mordecai"
Lucrative Opportunity Quest Reward for siding with Marcus in "Safe and Sound"
Vault Hunter - Unlocked with Premiere Club
The Afterburner - Quest Reward from "Positive Self-Image"
Captain Blade's Otto Idol[DLC1] - Quest Reward from "Message in a bottle(Rustyard)"

voltron

So do we any sort of time frame for when to expect a level cap raise? Has to be soon right?

How long after release did the Borderlands get its level cap raised?

I would prefer if they just left the levels as is but allowed for missions to give skill points. It seems like it would suffer from the wow syndrome where all the old level 50 bosses and gear would fall by the wayside.

So do we any sort of time frame for when to expect a level cap raise? Has to be soon right?

How long after release did the Borderlands get its level cap raised?

Borderlands came out on October 20, 2009. The 3rd DLC, The Secret Armory of General Knox, had the first level cap raise and came out on February 25, 2010.

Before the 3rd DLC, they released the 1st and 2nd on November 24, 2009 and Dec 7 2009(360)/January 7, 2010(PS3) respectively.

If they follow this same schedule the 3rd DLC for BL2 won't come out until after the New Year.

Does a raised level cap mean all of these level 50 2.5 items we're scavenging for will be worthless? Or will like a 3rd playthrough difficulty mode be unlocked creating a "playthrough 3.5" scenario?

Does a raised level cap mean all of these level 50 2.5 items we're scavenging for will be worthless? Or will like a 3rd playthrough difficulty mode be unlocked creating a "playthrough 3.5" scenario?

Good question! I have no idea. I can't remember how they handled this with the first game.

Understood. I'd love some clarity on the point so I know if I can go ahead and waste my time 2.5 farming or if I should just put the game on ice until the level cap is raised and go from there.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm considering buying the Season Pass for Borderlands 2, but I'm still working on my first playthrough. Should I get it now or wait until I'm done with PT2? I'm currently at the quest Where Angels Fear to Tread and I'm level 24.

MrDaravon

IIRC from Borderlands 1, yes raising the level cap will make your level 50 guns semi-pointless when you can get level 60 ones. That's why I've never understood the obsession with farming for Conference Calls or whatever; the game isn't that hard at level 50, and the hours upon hours people have spent to get that one gun will be at least partially wasted. Baffling.

I doubt they would add a 3.5 or anything like that. There's been a lot of calls from people to allow the option to replay story missions again in 2.5, so that might be a possibility.

celebi23

So, I'm thinking about buying this on greenmangaming.com. With the coupon WINTR-SRVEY-42012, it's $32.50 instead of the regular $59.99. My only concern is how it runs on Macs. Anyone have any experience playing it on a Mac?

Jezbollah

The Bee-nerfing, FleshStick fixing patch has hit Xbox Live according to a Gearbox tweet.

Going to hold fire in updating until I have Flesh Sticked all of my characters to level 50

IIRC from Borderlands 1, yes raising the level cap will make your level 50 guns semi-pointless when you can get level 60 ones. That's why I've never understood the obsession with farming for Conference Calls or whatever; the game isn't that hard at level 50, and the hours upon hours people have spent to get that one gun will be at least partially wasted. Baffling.

I doubt they would add a 3.5 or anything like that. There's been a lot of calls from people to allow the option to replay story missions again in 2.5, so that might be a possibility.

I'll keep that in mind.

As for the farming for Conference Calls n' stuff...

...well the reason is obvious, isn't it? The game came out mid September. If you're playing the game regularly like many of us have, we're talking about 4 months with the best items in the game. I have just about every legendary in the game now on my level 50 Siren and had fun getting all of those items. My question about whether it's worth it to go for level 50 items is a function of timing more than anything else. That is, if a level 60 cap is coming in the next month (I know nobody here knows, but conjecture is fine), then I might want to approach missions differently as I approach level 50 on my Mechromancer. If we suspect it's still a ways off, I'll just get her to level 50 and go farm the last couple of level 50 items I was interested in and take a break until the level cap raises.

To be sure, the point of a loot game is to go and get the best loot you can based on the level cap currently in place. That's what makes these games endlessly replayable after you beat it (in addition to the varying classes). It's not about making the game easier; it's about having the best shit the game has to offer.

I wouldn't mind a 3rd playthrough. to me it feels like an better option than letting us play anything we want. if they don't raise the lv cap maybe they could give us SeraphCrystals/TorgueTokens instead of exp.

title updates today for PS3/360. here's some of the notables

-Modified profile behavior to better protect Badass Rank and related data.
-Fixed an issue that caused players to sometimes crash or freeze after killing Master Gee in the Captain Scarlett DLC.
-Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC raid bosses no longer drop Seraph crystals in Normal Mode.
-Increased the health of Terramorphous, Willhelm, and Blue.
-Addressed an infinite leveling exploit with Fleshstick.

-Balance adjustments to "The Bee":
Increased Recharge Delay
Significantly increased Recharge Rate
Reduced Amplify damage

-Players can now reset all challenge progress for a character once they've completed 85% of all non-DLC, non-area-specific challenge levels. This will keep the player's current challenge bonuses and rank, but reset all challenge progress to 0 and allow challenges to be re-completed for additional ranks and bonuses. This option will appear as a tooltip at the bottom of the “challenges” screen within the status menu if the player has met the criteria.

jediyoshi

PC update bit more sparse

- Fixed the "use" description text on the HUD getting cut off prematurely when binding "use" to certain keys.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the critical hit bonus to inconsistently be included on the item card of weapons that modify this stat like Miss Moxxi's Bad Touch.
- Fixed a bug causing decals to not be displayed when the framerate was set to 30FPS Capped.
- Fixed a bug causing head customizations from the Mr. Torgue DLC to not unlock properly for Sirens and Mechromancers.
- Fixed a bug where profiles would refuse to save when they were already corrupted on startup.
- Fixed a bug where profile restoration code would sometimes trigger inappropriately.

Cat Party

Damn, never got my conference call in time to farm Terramorphous.

So with the patch, are high fire rate guns (e.g. Vladof pistols) the best for the Bee?

Jezbollah

So wait, if you finish 85% of the side quests, it will let you play them again @ the level cap?

Is this now true for PC as well? Of did I misread what "challenge" means?

If you complete 85% of the non DLC quests, you have the option to reset the challenges that netted you all the badass rank that you have.

You won't lose your badass rank to that point, but resetting allows you to re-do all the challenges to seriously increase your badass rank again

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
If you complete 85% of the non DLC quests, you have the option to reset the challenges that netted you all the badass rank that you have.

You won't lose your badass rank to that point, but resetting allows you to re-do all the challenges to seriously increase your badass rank again

I read it as completing 85% of non-DLC challenges, not quests.

nel e nel

Ah ok, I didn't know if this new Creature Dome counted.

It's not 'new' per se, it was the exclusive pre-order bonus from Gamestop.

Also, just to point out, that if the host of your game has the Creature Dome DLC installed, everyone can play it. So if you have a regular group you play with, you can all pitch in and buy just 1 copy of it.

One thing I noticed though, is that I've 'unlocked' it (it's showing up in my mission log) on 2 of my characters through playing public games, but they it is 'locked' on my other characters. I still need to see if it's just that the mission is unlocked, or if by playing with someone who had it, it unlocked it in my game as well.

Amon37

Hmm. Doesn't sound super exciting but then we don't know anything about it really. Sounds to me like it's going to be a set of random quests where Hammerlock sends you out to kill some random mobs. I hope I'm wrong.

If they don't have a dlc on the Hyperion moon base I'm gonna rage, seems like the perfect idea.

So I solo'd hyperius today, almost solo'd Pete. I did the master gee trick where you let him tick down for a long time but it caused my game to crash... Well, one out of three ain't bad for starters.

Top Bottom