• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The game is trolling me ever so slightly. I've been rolling with the "Yay fire!" tree on Krieg, but like every fire weapon I find sucks and then I find awesome acid and lightning guns.

Atsumi

This is kind of a noob question, but is there any way to enter SHIFT keys on a computer as opposed to straight to my Xbox? I tend to see them when I'm at a computer away from the Xbox, and then end up forgetting.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
This is kind of a noob question, but is there any way to enter SHIFT keys on a computer as opposed to straight to my Xbox? I tend to see them when I'm at a computer away from the Xbox, and then end up forgetting.

I'm not sure I understand. Just copy and paste the codes if you're playing on PC?

Bisnic

For anyone leveling up their character and having plenty of keys left. Use your keys every few levels in TVHM because it makes up for the fact of always having crap loot that is not strong enough.

I got 38 keys and was thinking of saving most of them for lvl 61 loot when my main character will get there, but i guess that makes more sense.

Yup Lvl50 Gunzerker but I've tried to beat him before with randoms and we just kept getting destroyed. Add me if you want and we can both get torn apart together :p Steam ID is same as here.

Just ran him twice and beat him both times. Add me anyway I don't mind farming him.

CountAntonius

Anyone have a legendary class mod lvl 50 for Siren they wouldn't mind duping on PC? I am sick of using my Terrarmorphious class mod and want something fresh for the new DLC but have shit luck farming the legendary solo.

Bisnic

Build up your melee. The sniper stuff is pretty useless.

Sorry im late, but after thinking about this... nope, i dont wanna build a melee class in a FPS full of cool guns.

I think i'll just abandon him and play a Mechromancer instead.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Finished the final DLC tonight and it was pretty awesome, time to go back and play the other three. I do wish the game had some sort of level scaling for co-op, sucks that all my friends are all over the place and we can't really group.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Bought BL2 today :)

What should I go with on my first playthrough? I have access to Gaige

I don't think there's a real answer to this, you are gonna end up finding out what you like after trying a few things out.
like sex.

Avanthas

Neo Member

My first PT was rushing with the gunzerker and at the end of the day I haven't enjoyed the game. Now I'm playing with the Commando and it's awesome.

Give a try with all characters and then jump into the fray :)

Bisnic

I like the Siren for soloing. Phaselock is awesome when specced properly. It can apply literally every elemental effects, can heal if your target is killed, pull every close enemies toward it, makes your bullets ricochet and makes those annoying mobs with bigass shields a non issue.

All that with a rather short cooldown.

Plus, she is the best with elemental guns with increased chance on effects.

And you can make her look quite badass with the proper stuff :

evCeVEY.jpg

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The Borderlands 2 DLC is supposed to be on sale on XBL from July 2-8 but I'm not seeing any of it on sale. Anyone having any luck with this? I was hoping to pick up Gaige and maybe the Pirate/Hammerlock DLC.

The Borderlands 2 DLC is supposed to be on sale on XBL from July 2-8 but I'm not seeing any of it on sale. Anyone having any luck with this? I was hoping to pick up Gaige and maybe the Pirate/Hammerlock DLC.

For me, Krieg, Hammerlock, UVHM, and Torgue show up on sale, no luck with anything else.

Sorry im late, but after thinking about this... nope, i dont wanna build a melee class in a FPS full of cool guns.

I think i'll just abandon him and play a Mechromancer instead.

I'm not disagreeing with your logic in any way, but I gotta say I'm having a blast playing melee Zero. I made a melee build only after finishing the game on normal, TVH, and UVH with a sniper Zero and Gaige. Melee Zero is pretty fun though, albeit challenging in UVHM. Currently going through TVH with a melee Krieg and trying to get him to level 61.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
For me, Krieg, Hammerlock, UVHM, and Torgue show up on sale, no luck with anything else.

Looks like it hasn't dropped everywhere just yet, guess I'll wait for a day or so.

For those of you who have both Gaige and Krieg, whom do you prefer? I wanna pick up some of the DLC when it goes on sale but I'm having trouble deciding between the two.

Played a few hours of the Tiny Tina DLC/vanilla stuff after a super long hiatus from the game... Sorry to be extremely LTTP here, but have the CC and Bee been nerfed something chronic? I used to be able to take out Terramorphous with 3 clips; now, I can't even survive :(.

Insaniac

Played a few hours of the Tiny Tina DLC/vanilla stuff after a super long hiatus from the game... Sorry to be extremely LTTP here, but have the CC and Bee been nerfed something chronic? I used to be able to take out Terramorphous with 3 clips; now, I can't even survive :(.

how long ago did you last play? Shotguns/bee shield combo was nerfed into the ground, also they buffed Terra HP

how long ago did you last play? Shotguns/bee shield combo was nerfed into the ground, also they buffed Terra HP

Ha. Damn :(. It has probably been a good 8-10 months since I've played, man. I have defaulted to a BL noob. Is there a new "super combo" that everyone farms for these days?

Am I better off ditching the Bee? I have a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot and a Fabled Tortoise, as far as legendary shields go.

Anoregon

Hey borderbros, quick question: What's the deal with some epic weapons having a slightly lighter purple name than others?

one85x

The Bee is still a good shield. They just made it so that the amp damage is split among the weapon's listed pellets, making it useless with shotguns. So to get the most out of the Bee, you want to look for guns like the Sandhawk (DLC1), which don't have their additional pellets listed.

venom2124

Hey borderbros, quick question: What's the deal with some epic weapons having a slightly lighter purple name than others?
I think you are referencing e-tech weapons. They are more of a magenta than the standard purple weapons. They behave differently too, like snipers are rail guns and assault rifles shoot lasers. The only e-techs I hang onto are the smg plasma casters. They demolish most enemies but chew through ammo pretty quickly.

Is it worth it to purchase these? I've had the game since launch but haven't played it at all. I see the season pass is still a RIDICULOUS amount. Is the sale worth it?

Vyroxis

Banned
Ended up going with Gaige...

Deathtrap is OP lol

Good choice. Make sure to grab anarchy. Even if you never let it get above 10-12 stacks, its brutal at upping your damage while you level. If you like to play from range, grab a sniper rifle and turn every battle into a bloodbath.

The Bee is still a good shield. They just made it so that the amp damage is split among the weapon's listed pellets, making it useless with shotguns. So to get the most out of the Bee, you want to look for guns like the Sandhawk (DLC1), which don't have their additional pellets listed.

Hmm. Pretty sure I sold my Sand Hawk straight away. Do not like SMGs.

OH, well. Had I realised how "anti-solo" this game had become, I may not have purchased the DLC.

Gearbox = 1; uninformed me = 0.

Vyroxis

Banned
Hmm. Pretty sure I sold my Sand Hawk straight away. Do not like SMGs.

OH, well. Had I realised how "anti-solo" this game had become, I may not have purchased the DLC.

Gearbox = 1; uninformed me = 0.
Ah, it's still a great game solo. Just a lot more challenging with the nerfs. I can still solo all the extra bosses in the first few DLCs without to much trouble. Although Hyperius is still a giant PITA.

Bisnic

Speaking of UVHM, i find it annoying how i have to slag everything, even regular enemies, just so that they can die as fast as the other modes. =/ If it wasn't for my Phaselock having Ruin(which slag), i would have given up on this mode already.

Ah, it's still a great game solo. Just a lot more challenging with the nerfs. I can still solo all the extra bosses in the first few DLCs without to much trouble. Although Hyperius is still a giant PITA.

No doubt. I'd already sunk over 100 hours into it just in the vanilla game, And hey, being an Assassin probably isn't helping much, but I really can't be bothered levelling up another character.

It just felt good to be able to down Terramorphous et al. with a shotgun; a fitting reward for all that goddamn farming, if you ask me.

This is weird, just tired launching the game and it's trying to do a first time setup again, with 42 operations that still seem to be going on in the background even though I thought I cancelled them.

Nirran

This is weird, just tired launching the game and it's trying to do a first time setup again, with 42 operations that still seem to be going on in the background even though I thought I cancelled them.

I had the exact same thing happen last night except it wanted it to do 36 steps of the same thing. I canceled it and launched the game again and everything worked.

nel e nel

I got 38 keys and was thinking of saving most of them for lvl 61 loot when my main character will get there, but i guess that makes more sense.

Yeah, the gold chest is such a crap shoot, even though you're guaranteed purple items. I had over 40 keys when I started into the latest 2 DLCs this week, and have used about 5 or so keys, and have only kept about 2 of the items. So it's actually better to use it when you're in the process of levelling up, because your chance for getting a sweet purple item is not much better than getting one in the wild.

Jhoan

Question: I bought Scarlet and Her Pirate's Booty and Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt. I'm still on my first run of the game as a Gunzerker having beaten the last mission. I already did the Torgue DLC on this run. Should I wait until I go through TVHM to play through the DLC's then or should I go through them on this first run?

Zyphos

Neo Member
So a friend of mine and I were doing The Talon of God, TVH mode. We get a Norfleet from the Badass Constructor that spawns right before the zoneline to the Vault of the Warrior, and my friend goes to trade me the Norfleet so I can see the stats on it.

After I see the stats and such, we close the trade menu (without trading anything) and somehow, the Norfleet cloned itself in his inventory. Now we both have one.

The BL2 wiki says that Norfleet can only drop from Vermivorous and Hyperious... what happened? lol

I'm a 37 Siren and, in Tiny Tina's, I
faced down that Orc that morphs into a Lvl 40 king or some shit and HOLY SHIT died a few times but finally beat him, got some JAWMAZING LOOT finally and
OMFG THIS GAME

Just finished Tiny Tinas DLC. Easily the best DLC for the game, I may even like it more than the normal campaign a little. My only gripe is there lack of loot when you're fighting the last few bosses. It's (possibly) the last DLC,why not just go all out and give me awesome toys for beating it? Instead I got a bunch of cash, which is pretty meaningless in the endgame. Still, it was a lot of fun throughout and I loved the enemy variety.

Top Bottom