• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just picked up Scarlett, Hammerlock, Gaige, and Krieg DLC from the XBL 50% off sale. Debating picking up UVHM for $2.50, but I don't know if I really want to slog through another 11 levels where slag is absolutely necessary for every encounter. It probably won't be too bad for my Siren with Ruin, but it'll probably be a huge drag with my other characters. I figure I've got a ton of gameplay ahead of me just counting Gaige and Krieg in both Normal and TVHM.

Tenumi

Banned
Arg... So tempted to pick up Krieg in the XBL sale. Still need to pick up the Tiny Tina DLC, too, as well as the latest Black Ops 2 map pack. $30 bucks for all that, and I've got my Live running out on the 7th, too.

I know in the future (Steam Sale?) I'll be picking up BL2 for PC, its just a matter of when and cost...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Arg... So tempted to pick up Krieg in the XBL sale. Still need to pick up the Tiny Tina DLC, too, as well as the latest Black Ops 2 map pack. $30 bucks for all that, and I've got my Live running out on the 7th, too.

I know in the future (Steam Sale?) I'll be picking up BL2 for PC, its just a matter of when and cost...

If you're getting BL2 on PC then why bother picking up Krieg for 360? You're going to start over fresh with a new character so might as well save your money and just get Krieg on PC.

Huh, I seem to have encountered a bug in the Tiny Tina DLC that knocks out the sound effects. Music and voice are still there though. I tried playing with the sound effect slider to fix it but nada. Seems switching the grog gun back into my backpack triggered it.

Edit: And it randomly just came back.

And not looking forward to UVHM with Krieg, at least not solo anyway. I just want to punch stuff, not slag then punch stuff.

So, I finally beat the Torgue DLC solo and am a bit through the new Tiny Tina pack. But, I wanna try to get some of these raid bosses out of the way. I tried, for fun, to take on Pyro Pete solo. Yeah, not happening. Not even close.

I'm looking for a few co-op partners to help me tackle some of these high level bosses. I'm currently playing on Normal Mode, level 34 (already beat the game). If anyone wants to give me a hand, send over a PM or add me to your XBL friend list. Gamertag is: Korean B B Q

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just did the claptrap birthday quest and it made me sad :(

The season pass include the 11+ levels DLC? I want to buy it just to level up my siren without the DLC and wait for the season pass discount.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Why all the hate on slag? I always kept a slag weapon on my loadout for my TVHM playthrough.

Because switching weapons for every enemies is not the definition of fun. It's ok for bosses of ultimate badass enemies, but other than that, it shouldnt be necessary.

Because switching weapons for every enemies is not the definition of fun. It's ok for bosses of ultimate badass enemies, but other than that, it shouldnt be necessary.

Yeah, I feel like in 3 it should be a "condition" like in MMOs. Basically a weakness/vulnerability that doesn't have specific weapons but can be triggered through abilities/skills or maybe getting a crit or something.

I think the Slag mechanic in its current form works decently in co-op though, but solo it's a giant pain in the ass.

Does anyone know if transferring my PS3 save to my Xbox will get me banned on Xbox Live? I'd really like to be able to play my level 61 Zero and Gaige on there and not have to start over. If only they did cross platform play. :(

Does anyone know if transferring my PS3 save to my Xbox will get me banned on Xbox Live? I'd really like to be able to play my level 61 Zero and Gaige on there and not have to start over. If only they did cross platform play. :(

I wasn't even aware that was possible. I don't think they will ban you for it though.

I wasn't even aware that was possible. I don't think they will ban you for it though.

It's definitely possible. I have it right here ready to go but I'm a little leery of going through with it. I've done PS3 to PC and vice versa with no issues, but I feel like Microsoft is a little more strict. I may just forget it.

maomaoIYP

So I just hit lvl 50 and cleared TVHM with a melee Krieg, total playtime is 1d 13h.
He's by FAR the easiest and most powerful character to hit 50 and clear TVHM with. I was meleeing things for over half a million damage each time.
After you hit lvl 31 and reach the bottom of the mania tree he becomes unstoppable, I was one or two shotting most enemies.
The final skill of the mania tree is way too good, instant full health recovery, +50% damage reduction, action skill completely recharges upon finishing. The best thing about it was that getting killed halfway through and getting a 2nd wind from FFYL also gives complete action skill recharge.
Not the most fun way to experience the game for someone just starting out in BL2, but I've basically done everything else, so I really enjoyed it.
Equipment used:
Early game: Law + order (+100% melee, damage becomes health recovery)
After normal mode: Rapier from pirate DLC (+200% melee)
Roid shield for the entire game. Doesn't have to be love thumper.
Class mod that gives + melee damage
Artifact that gives +health
Skill progression:
Empty the rage, Fuel the rampage, Thrill of the kill, Salt the wound, Silence the voices, Release the beast.
Once Release the beast is obtained swap out Fuel the rampage with Feed the Meat.
After lvl 31 the choice is really yours, but I prefer the Bloodlust tree.
Blood twitch, Taste of blood, Buzz axe bombardier (god tier skill), Fuel the blood, Blood trance.

IHaveIce

Banned
Okok are there any restrictions which Level I should be for the different DLCs?

I bought BL2 new on steam, since I lost my safe on my Xbox. Now I want to know where to go first for the dlcs etc. Are there any of them I could go right in from the start of the game to get easy equip for the story mode?

Will also need friends for later raidbosses Steam ID is dedoubleyou still a low lvl right now

I bought BL2 new on steam, since I lost my safe on my Xbox. Now I want to know where to go first for the dlcs etc. Are there any of them I could go right in from the start of the game to get easy equip for the story mode?

The first time I did Captain Scarlett's was at 30 and the gear was way better than what I was getting in the main campaign.

nel e nel

Ah, fair enough. I enjoy it as it adds an extra layer of tactics that helps keep a 3rd playthrough feeling fresh.

nel e nel

Okok are there any restrictions which Level I should be for the different DLCs?

Will also need friends for later raidbosses Steam ID is dedoubleyou still a low lvl right now

The restrictions for all of the DLC EXCEPT Tiny Tina is level 15. Tiny Tina is considered post-game content, and shouldn't be done until level 30/completion of the main campaign.

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: W3WBJ-SC9HC-C3Z3J-3B3TJ-RS3HJ [Active through July 8]
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: W3W3B-6R5JT-SF93X-56BBT-6XFSB [Active through July 8]
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: W3CTB-J669B-S9WCB-ZTK3J-959W5 [Active through July 8]

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: W3WBJ-SC9HC-C3Z3J-3B3TJ-RS3HJ [Active through July 8]
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: W3W3B-6R5JT-SF93X-56BBT-6XFSB [Active through July 8]
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: W3CTB-J669B-S9WCB-ZTK3J-959W5 [Active through July 8]

Thanks for posting!

IHaveIce

Banned
The restrictions for all of the DLC EXCEPT Tiny Tina is level 15. Tiny Tina is considered post-game content, and shouldn't be done until level 30/completion of the main campaign.

Ah nice, thank you good sir. Will try to do them as soon as possible just because I never played them and they are the only new stuff for me lol

vgJames

Banned
Just picked this up the other day for 360 and was wondering if anyone else in the UK (for the sake of time zones) just got it or still plays the game? I'd hate to do it solo.

Also which dlc is worth buying BorderGaf?!

Troll

Banned
If anyone can help me out - Just picked up the game at 10 dollars and my friends are level 28. Can someone help me level up? I'm up to level 22 so if any higher levels (50?) want to help me get to their level fast I would appreciate it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Are the new classes worth it? 10$ seems much for just one class.

EDit: vvvswirched from box to pc :( should I wait for steam summer sales?

Krieg is definitely worth it. I am destroying face even in TVHM with the Rapier and a Maylay shield. I've made it all the way down to the maybe OP Mania tree and moved into Bloodlust which will extend my rampage in a few levels. So much blood.

Any tips for the
new raid boss in AODK
? Me and the wife are trying to take them down with no luck.

P.S. She's Zero and I'm Maya.

Nirran

(PC Keys only)

Here are all the previous codes that still work for new players to Borderlands 2 (courtesy of Steam forums):

CB5JB-WBHK9-5CHT6-KXB3B-TBJSX (GamesMaster**; weapon and "shield")
KTWTT-KXJFK-ZCF3J-JTBT3-3SHZB (Facebook; 5 keys)
W3WJ3-3JXTT-6RW5T-SB53B-XJBX9 (PAX East; 3 keys)
CTWTB-JTBW5-KFTTT-JTB33-JTBWB (1 key)
WTCJ3-SHH3K-KFJT3-JBJ3J-H5965 (Facebook; 1 key)
5T5B3-CWJSK-KRTJT-TTJJT-9HW63 (IGN GOTY Judgment Day; 1 key)
KJ5BT-FBKSK-KXJ3T-3BTJT-FJX5C (Claptrap Webseries; 1 key)
WT5TB-XC5ZC-CX3T3-BBT3B-B35WB (Twitter; 1 key)
WTCBB-H5WHC-5F3T3-TBT3T-HR6TJ (Gearbox Facebook Confession; 1 key)
K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF (Gearbox Award Celebration; 5 keys)
KBWJJ-WTXB9-C59J6-WFBTJ-TK6BJ (GDC 2013: Humor in BL2)
WTC3B-Z5ZWC-HW6JT-JJJBJ-9FWXR (1 key)
KTCJJ-FHZJW-W6JJB-TTBTJ-R9WWJ (YouTube; 1 key)
5BKBB-TXWS5-WX3BB-TBT33-3SHSB (Gearbox Community; 1 key)
K3WJT-BFBRW-S5RTT-TBBB3-9XWZ5 (Facebook; 5 keys)
CBWBT-5KKKK-BZRBJ-TJ3TT-3FC9X (Community 2K; 3 keys)
WBWJT-STBXC-9K6T3-3BJJJ-CHW5W

Now I need to refind that post detailing all the still active codes.

There you go.

(PC Keys only)

Not sure if this has been stated but here is a NEW shift key. Its different than the one posted on the last page:

KJWTJ-WWBR5-9KR3T-3B33J-53WFS

For newbies of the game, make sure you add all the shift codes for golden keys so you can get some new kewl lewt every few levels if drop rates are poor for you.

Here are all the previous codes that still work for new players to Borderlands 2 (courtesy of Steam forums):

CB5JB-WBHK9-5CHT6-KXB3B-TBJSX (GamesMaster**; weapon and "shield")
KTWTT-KXJFK-ZCF3J-JTBT3-3SHZB (Facebook; 5 keys)
W3WJ3-3JXTT-6RW5T-SB53B-XJBX9 (PAX East; 3 keys)
CTWTB-JTBW5-KFTTT-JTB33-JTBWB (1 key)
WTCJ3-SHH3K-KFJT3-JBJ3J-H5965 (Facebook; 1 key)
5T5B3-CWJSK-KRTJT-TTJJT-9HW63 (IGN GOTY Judgment Day; 1 key)
KJ5BT-FBKSK-KXJ3T-3BTJT-FJX5C (Claptrap Webseries; 1 key)
WT5TB-XC5ZC-CX3T3-BBT3B-B35WB (Twitter; 1 key)
WTCBB-H5WHC-5F3T3-TBT3T-HR6TJ (Gearbox Facebook Confession; 1 key)
K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF (Gearbox Award Celebration; 5 keys)
KBWJJ-WTXB9-C59J6-WFBTJ-TK6BJ (GDC 2013: Humor in BL2)
WTC3B-Z5ZWC-HW6JT-JJJBJ-9FWXR (1 key)
KTCJJ-FHZJW-W6JJB-TTBTJ-R9WWJ (YouTube; 1 key)
5BKBB-TXWS5-WX3BB-TBT33-3SHSB (Gearbox Community; 1 key)
K3WJT-BFBRW-S5RTT-TBBB3-9XWZ5 (Facebook; 5 keys)
CBWBT-5KKKK-BZRBJ-TJ3TT-3FC9X (Community 2K; 3 keys)
WBWJT-STBXC-9K6T3-3BJJJ-CHW5W

Is there something like this for the 360?

Is there a link to the PSN google doc for adding IDs? I cant quote the post linked to in the OT. :(

I need people I know to play with, no one does anything in random games. :(

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
My PSN is Surreal_Blue feel free to add and we can play sometime. Got a Commando at 17 and Siren at 5.

Man, not being able to solo Terramorphous has taken the wind out of my sales. I've resorted to CC/Bee-in' The Warrior and doing the Treasure Room glitch to make my Borderlands e-doodle seem bigger again :(

maomaoIYP

After trying so many damn times I finally finished Murderlin's final round.....and the fucking round refuses to end even though no more enemies are left. FUCKING FUCK FUCK.

edit: I can still hear something growling, but no enemy is visible, FUCKKKKK!!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Started a Mechromancer two days ago after picking her up in the XBL sale, and I freaking love the character so far. Whereas my other characters only started feeling powerful once I leveled them up and picked up a few choice skills (Siren, Assassin, Gunzerker), Gaige feels powerful immediately after putting one point into Anarchy, not to mention having the ability to drop her robot and basically double your damage output.

My only fear is burning out on the character in the later levels. I'm currently trying to level a melee Zer0 and I have him in the mid-20s, but I find that most battles are pretty difficult since I don't have his melee abilities maxed out yet. I can do great single target damage, but when fighting crowds of enemies things tend to get dicey.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I always thought Anarchy wouldn't be that great since it apparently greatly reduce your accuracy the more stacks you get. Must be terribly bad for attacking anything at long range or even medium range.

At least, there is that skill in the other tree that make your bullets bounce off walls. Its something.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I always thought Anarchy wouldn't be that great since it apparently greatly reduce your accuracy the more stacks you get. Must be terribly bad for attacking anything at long range or even medium range.

At least, there is that skill in the other tree that make your bullets bounce off walls. Its something.

So my strategy right now is to drop Deathtrap and then chase him like a maniac and shoot all the enemies from close-to-mid range. It's surprisingly fun so far. Once I get Discord I'm going to start activating that more often, but I'm not there yet.

Top Bottom