• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

She's easiest fighting most enemies one on one, but when you're up against boss-type enemies, phaselocking doesn't work. While one enemy is phaselocked the rest are still shooting at you. In addition her healing tree is coop-centric while her crowd control tree is actually less useful than it really is.
Both Axton and Gaige's action skill can take the heat away from you completely. Axton's is so powerful you can just launch two turrets, and hide away until everything is dead.

Scorn pretty much makes it up for her inability to use phaselock on bosses. She is the best when it comes down to slagging enemies, and since that damage multiplier has gone up by 3x-4x it is one of the better abilities in the game.

maomaoIYP

Scorn pretty much makes it up for her inability to use phaselock on bosses. She is the best when it comes down to slagging enemies, and since that damage multiplier has gone up by 3x-4x it is one of the better abilities in the game.

I prefer to go with Ruin for my slagging purposes. Together with Quicken it's much faster than Scorn. Also I prefer to put my points in the Cataclysm for a better offense, because I do my healing using Sweet Release.
Like this, using the legendary siren mod.
http://www.bl2skills.com/siren.html#550001450015040000005505014501

Just getting back into the game now with all the DLC. I started a new Psycho so if anyone is in the earlier stages of the game I'd be happy to join in on PC

Quote for steam ID

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Wish the game would let you jump into TVHM with a new character using the number of skill points you acquired with your first character. Having to play the game twice to level up to a point where you start getting good loot is so dull.

Vyroxis

Banned
So, does anarchy for gauge affect scopes on sniper rifles? I remember playing her on the 360 and sniper rifles were still amazingly accurate with maximum stacks.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh wow, I was just about to get the $22 amazon bundle just for the season pass, but it looks like they ran out of keys or just had to end the promotion early, as It's currently showing as currently unavailable :(

Oh well, I can still hope the season pass will show up on a steam sale for $15 or less.

Looks like it's back up, was able to get the bundle this morning.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Woot, just got my first orange! flame of the firehawk shield. Should work pretty well as a psycho.

getting back into the game after a couple of months off. I have all dlc and characters of all levels if anyone wants play

psn zerostrife

Any tips for farming? I've tried and tried but I never get shit. I have a 53 commando and I'm still using guns that some random dude gave to me at like lv. 46. I have a siren thats lv41 and I have the same problem but I just started the torgue and have already replaced most of my gear.

So I got the newest DLC on Steam, and I'm hoping to have people join me for it.
I'm not to far into it, I basically entered the area with the Dark Souls easter egg.
Mission: Denial, Anger, Initiative
I'm playing on Vault Hunter and level 43
Add me if interested.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Might aswell add my PSN ID: HighLuxury

I'm just drifting. Playing for exploration, not looking for anything serious.

EDIT: Assassin (Tricky Spy) lv. 50 mainly. Got a Commando lv. 25 that I have to get back to.

Btw, nice Bioshock reference Gearbox. Just saw mr. Bubbles and lil sis'.

Man I loved an expansion based on Tiny Tina... And it somehow made her retroactively likable as well.

That might have been my favorite Borderlands 2 campaign, even counting the main.

sflufan

Banned
Man I loved an expansion based on Tiny Tina... And it somehow made her retroactively likable as well.

That might have been my favorite Borderlands 2 campaign, even counting the main.

Let me second that and go even further!

I just finished this DLC today in one sitting and if this is the way Gearbox is going to wrap-up BL2 then all if have to say is:

x1nv5-the-rock-clapping.gif

It was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC in just about every possible way from the humor to the art direction to some very amusing side quests. It's a VERY meaty piece of DLC as it probably took me a little over 8 hours to complete

And the last area. My God, that brought back memories of old school games like Hexen and Heretic.

It's easily my leading candidate for GOTY so far (note that I haven't completed The Last of Us) because of just how totally entertaining it is. If you were concerned about the quality of the BL2 DLC after the mediocrity of the Hammerlock release (that was a low point) then have no reservations about this one at all!

maomaoIYP

Yeah but does Ruin work if the enemy can't be phase locked?

It does, they take the status effects and the damage associated with it but just won't be held in place.
Any tips for farming? I've tried and tried but I never get shit. I have a 53 commando and I'm still using guns that some random dude gave to me at like lv. 46. I have a siren thats lv41 and I have the same problem but I just started the torgue and have already replaced most of my gear.
You can infinitely farm the treasure room in the pirate DLC. Or you can farm the loot midgets in the preservatory.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Starting a fresh character is a reminder of how lame you feel at the start. No good weapons, no skills to help you out, no nothing.

Kind of love it.

Let me second that and go even further!

I just finished this DLC today in one sitting and if this is the way Gearbox is going to wrap-up BL2 then all if have to say is:

x1nv5-the-rock-clapping.gif

It was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC in just about every possible way from the humor to the art direction to some very amusing side quests. It's a VERY meaty piece of DLC as it probably took me a little over 8 hours to complete

And the last area. My God, that brought back memories of old school games like Hexen and Heretic.

It's easily my leading candidate for GOTY so far (note that I haven't completed The Last of Us) because of just how totally entertaining it is. If you were concerned about the quality of the BL2 DLC after the mediocrity of the Hammerlock release (that was a low point) then have no reservations about this one at all!

I've been going through the DLC quests for all four just in regional alphabetical order of the quest log and it finally struck me how incredibly varied the landscapes are in this game. From the Torgue stuff to the RPG village to the eridium volcanoes to the deserts to the snow worlds, I mean, it's really absolutely incredible.

Anoregon

I've been going through the DLC quests for all four just in regional alphabetical order of the quest log and it finally struck me how incredibly varied the landscapes are in this game. From the Torgue stuff to the RPG village to the eridium volcanoes to the deserts to the snow worlds, I mean, it's really absolutely incredible.

Heh, I just finally got to a non-snow location yesterday around level 15 when I met Ellie and unlocked the 2nd catch a ride vehicle. I was psyched to trade snow for desert.

How much damage does the Love Thumper's nova do? I'm tempted to upgrade to the maylay shield from the quest where you find Dukino a home, but I'm not sure if it's worth it since Krieg has that talent that ups his explosive damage.

one85x

How much damage does the Love Thumper's nova do? I'm tempted to upgrade to the maylay shield from the quest where you find Dukino a home, but I'm not sure if it's worth it since Krieg has that talent that ups his explosive damage.
At 6+ levels below your current level, it's not doing much of anything other than knocking psychos down. If you still find the roid damage acceptable, it might be worth keeping onto. Otherwise just switch to the maylay shield.

At 6+ levels below your current level, it's not doing much of anything other than knocking psychos down. If you still find the roid damage acceptable, it might be worth keeping onto. Otherwise just switch to the maylay shield.

Actually it's close to 10 levels, I'm a few bars from 28. I think I'm gonna upgrade.

Any tips for the ghost kings? I want to beat them so I can see the rest of the dlc but the first one is just working me. None of my guns seem to remotely dent his health and although he isn't hard to kite around sooner or later one of his buddies will just get behind and shank me. I'm a siren btw.

SRTtoZ

Who pays full price for PC games?

I don't usually but I wanted BL2 badly and it had dropped from $40 to $30 so I said fuck it. So in the end I ended up paying $60 for the game + SP when its only $15 now lol. Maybe ill buy an extra for fun and give it away. That might make me feel better.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Booted up the game for the first time since Saturday night ans am faced with a 512mb update even though I haven't bought anything...what gives?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Not sure if this has been stated but here is a NEW shift key. Its different than the one posted on the last page:

KJWTJ-WWBR5-9KR3T-3B33J-53WFS

For newbies of the game, make sure you add all the shift codes for golden keys so you can get some new kewl lewt every few levels if drop rates are poor for you.

Here are all the previous codes that still work for new players to Borderlands 2 (courtesy of Steam forums):

CB5JB-WBHK9-5CHT6-KXB3B-TBJSX (GamesMaster**; weapon and "shield")
KTWTT-KXJFK-ZCF3J-JTBT3-3SHZB (Facebook; 5 keys)
W3WJ3-3JXTT-6RW5T-SB53B-XJBX9 (PAX East; 3 keys)
CTWTB-JTBW5-KFTTT-JTB33-JTBWB (1 key)
WTCJ3-SHH3K-KFJT3-JBJ3J-H5965 (Facebook; 1 key)
5T5B3-CWJSK-KRTJT-TTJJT-9HW63 (IGN GOTY Judgment Day; 1 key)
KJ5BT-FBKSK-KXJ3T-3BTJT-FJX5C (Claptrap Webseries; 1 key)
WT5TB-XC5ZC-CX3T3-BBT3B-B35WB (Twitter; 1 key)
WTCBB-H5WHC-5F3T3-TBT3T-HR6TJ (Gearbox Facebook Confession; 1 key)
K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF (Gearbox Award Celebration; 5 keys)
KBWJJ-WTXB9-C59J6-WFBTJ-TK6BJ (GDC 2013: Humor in BL2)
WTC3B-Z5ZWC-HW6JT-JJJBJ-9FWXR (1 key)
KTCJJ-FHZJW-W6JJB-TTBTJ-R9WWJ (YouTube; 1 key)
5BKBB-TXWS5-WX3BB-TBT33-3SHSB (Gearbox Community; 1 key)
K3WJT-BFBRW-S5RTT-TBBB3-9XWZ5 (Facebook; 5 keys)
CBWBT-5KKKK-BZRBJ-TJ3TT-3FC9X (Community 2K; 3 keys)
WBWJT-STBXC-9K6T3-3BJJJ-CHW5W
Also heads up, all of these keys no longer work. Just spent 20 mins typing them all in and they all say "cannot be activated."

Must be a gearbox employee lurking the thread that forwarded all of them for deactivation =|

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Also heads up, all of these keys no longer work. Just spent 20 mins typing them all in and they all say "cannot be activated."

Must be a gearbox employee lurking the thread that forwarded all of them for deactivation =|

Bummer - they all worked for me about 7 hours ago.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I just tried 3 of those keys and they still work, not sure what's wrong on your side Jackben.

Vodh

You spent 20 mins typing them all? Took me about 3 minutes to punch them all in. Either you don't know you can just ctrl+c ctrl+v the codes and there's some weird problem pretty unique to your account too, or you missed the fact that they are PC codes.

Anyways, got 24 keys and a love thumper out of this, and I would have totally missed that post if it wasn't for you, so I'm grateful and I hope you resolve the issue somehow.

SRTtoZ

Those Keys still work. Are you sure you haven't activated them already prior to this week? I dont see how Gearbox would deactivate keys given that you can alter you profile to add hundreds of them at any time you want.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What's a good solo build with the assassin? The first tree with the sniper talents fucking sucks. I can't even fight Dr. Mercy on TVHM at lvl 38 without getting killed in a few hits. It was so much easier with my Siren back then. Phaselock makes his bigass shield a non issue :(

SRTtoZ

On damn, I did miss that they were PC only. Spent all that time because I was on PS3.
My bad.

Oh crap my bad. I completely forgot the keys were different for all platforms. I'll note it up top that they are PC only. I do not have a full list for the console versions but people can find them on the specific forums on Gamefaqs im sure.

What's a good solo build with the assassin? The first tree with the sniper talents fucking sucks. I can't even fight Dr. Mercy on TVHM at lvl 38 without getting killed in a few hits. It was so much easier with my Siren back then. Phaselock makes his bigass shield a non issue :(

Build up your melee. The sniper stuff is pretty useless.

Oh crap my bad. I completely forgot the keys were different for all platforms. I'll note it up top that they are PC only. I do not have a full list for the console versions but people can find them on the specific forums on Gamefaqs im sure.

Go the middle tree with the Kunai, it destroys everything. Once you reach that go into the melee tree

maomaoIYP

Made it to lvl 29 as Kreig, focusing on the melee tree, having severe limitations going the pure melee route. When the enemies are out of melee range I'm pretty much screwed, and I end up in FFYL too damn often. The skill that gives you dynamite as you FFYL is only marginally useful, any armored opponents shrug off explosive damage like it's nothing. When the action skill works and I don't melee myself it's a thing of beauty to tear through everything.

Anyone having better luck with the other trees?

PriitV

Made it to lvl 29 as Kreig, focusing on the melee tree, having severe limitations going the pure melee route. When the enemies are out of melee range I'm pretty much screwed, and I end up in FFYL too damn often. The skill that gives you dynamite as you FFYL is only marginally useful, any armored opponents shrug off explosive damage like it's nothing. When the action skill works and I don't melee myself it's a thing of beauty to tear through everything.

Anyone having better luck with the other trees?

I'm doing a mix of melee/smg's (left and middle tree) and what I've noticed is that when I just bravely rush the npc's, I can stay alive for as long as I want as doing excess damage to bandits heals me. Also with my playstyle the trick is to have a super fast recharging shield.

maomaoIYP

I'm doing a mix of melee/smg's (left and middle tree) and what I've noticed is that when I just bravely rush the npc's, I can stay alive for as long as I want as doing excess damage to bandits heals me. Also with my playstyle the trick is to have a super fast recharging shield.

I was trying to do that initially, but I found keeping the stacks held a little too difficult, so I went pure melee with a roid shield. Do you manage to keep your stacks high all the time? Or you do reset to zero after every encounter?

PriitV

I was trying to do that initially, but I found keeping the stacks held a little too difficult, so I went pure melee with a roid shield. Do you manage to keep your stacks high all the time? Or you do reset to zero after every encounter?
What I do is that I first just run in and agro everyone, then switch to melee and clear the area. It usually works.
Haven't really thought about stacks, they just come and go.

maomaoIYP

What I do is that I first just run in and agro everyone, then switch to melee and clear the area. It usually works.
Haven't really thought about stacks, they just come and go.

Ok I just hit 31 reached the bottom of the center tree. Managed to fix my problem by removing Light the fuse. The most powerful attack for a melee based Kreig when he goes into FFYL is the melee itself. Replacing it with the dynamite was pointless. Stuck with the Law and Order combo, wrecking everything with no problems.

Top Bottom