• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

SRTtoZ

(PC Keys only)

Not sure if this has been stated but here is a NEW shift key. Its different than the one posted on the last page:

KJWTJ-WWBR5-9KR3T-3B33J-53WFS

For newbies of the game, make sure you add all the shift codes for golden keys so you can get some new kewl lewt every few levels if drop rates are poor for you.

Here are all the previous codes that still work for new players to Borderlands 2 (courtesy of Steam forums):

CB5JB-WBHK9-5CHT6-KXB3B-TBJSX (GamesMaster**; weapon and "shield")
KTWTT-KXJFK-ZCF3J-JTBT3-3SHZB (Facebook; 5 keys)
W3WJ3-3JXTT-6RW5T-SB53B-XJBX9 (PAX East; 3 keys)
CTWTB-JTBW5-KFTTT-JTB33-JTBWB (1 key)
WTCJ3-SHH3K-KFJT3-JBJ3J-H5965 (Facebook; 1 key)
5T5B3-CWJSK-KRTJT-TTJJT-9HW63 (IGN GOTY Judgment Day; 1 key)
KJ5BT-FBKSK-KXJ3T-3BTJT-FJX5C (Claptrap Webseries; 1 key)
WT5TB-XC5ZC-CX3T3-BBT3B-B35WB (Twitter; 1 key)
WTCBB-H5WHC-5F3T3-TBT3T-HR6TJ (Gearbox Facebook Confession; 1 key)
K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF (Gearbox Award Celebration; 5 keys)
KBWJJ-WTXB9-C59J6-WFBTJ-TK6BJ (GDC 2013: Humor in BL2)
WTC3B-Z5ZWC-HW6JT-JJJBJ-9FWXR (1 key)
KTCJJ-FHZJW-W6JJB-TTBTJ-R9WWJ (YouTube; 1 key)
5BKBB-TXWS5-WX3BB-TBT33-3SHSB (Gearbox Community; 1 key)
K3WJT-BFBRW-S5RTT-TBBB3-9XWZ5 (Facebook; 5 keys)
CBWBT-5KKKK-BZRBJ-TJ3TT-3FC9X (Community 2K; 3 keys)
WBWJT-STBXC-9K6T3-3BJJJ-CHW5W

Interested in picking up the Tiny Tina DLC and rekindling my fondness of this game, but the Pirate DLC left a seriously bad taste in my mouth.

Some questions!

- I'll be playing solo as Zero with the kunai; how's the difficulty scaling? Pirate DLC seemed way too easy.
- what's the current status of the CC and the Bee? It's been ages since I've played; are they still massively OP?
- is the weapon loot gud?

Thanks, Gaf!

How is the new dlc if you'd rather listen to an ice pick piercing your eardrum than hear tiny tina? It's the only thing holding me back. She drove me absolutely nuts in vanilla.

With all due respect, suck it up or mute cutscenes and put subtitles on. Way too good of a DLC to skip for such a petty reason.

M.D

Not sure if this has been stated but here is a NEW shift key. Its different than the one posted on the last page:

For newbies of the game, make sure you add all the shift codes for golden keys so you can get some new kewl lewt every few levels if drop rates are poor for you.

Here are all the previous codes that still work for new players to Borderlands 2 (courtesy of Steam forums):

Where do you add these keys?

Edit: NVM, found it. Thanks for the codes

Nice.

M.D

Is there still an active community on GAF for this game? I just bought it, but I want to play Dishonored first and then get to this

I'm afraid I'll be left with no one to play :(

What is the best way to play? go through all the game with someone?

Is there still an active community on GAF for this game? I just bought it, but I want to play Dishonored first and then get to this

I'm afraid I'll be left with no one to play :(

What is the best way to play? go through all the game with someone?
If you're on 360 me and my friend just started going through it again, we're only level 9 and 10. You could also either join a game or set your lobby to public, but then you might be rushed a bit.

And yeah, co-op is generally easier even though it scales, and more fun.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh wow, I was just about to get the $22 amazon bundle just for the season pass, but it looks like they ran out of keys or just had to end the promotion early, as It's currently showing as currently unavailable :(

Oh well, I can still hope the season pass will show up on a steam sale for $15 or less.

Just beat the four dragons from tiny tina DLC with some random coop people...those are no joke. took probably like 5 or 6 times before finally beating them.

Badgerst3

Like the new DLC but kinda disappointed I just hit level 50.

No more leveling seems kinda pointless. Wish they took out the level cap or raised it.

Don't have the interest in starting over in NG+.

Badgerst3

The level cap is 61

Why am I not getting any progress from 50?

My level bar has not moved since hiting 50 about 30 minutes into the new dlc.

About 2 hours in now. Strange.

Edit- I see it takes the UVHM pack download. Will consider.

What is the approx pearl weapon drop likelihood?

smr00

Banned
Is the Mechromancer good? I just got the season pass and all the DLC installed ready to play through everything for the first time but the starting characters that come with the base game don't really appeal to me other then the sniper class. Saw that the Mechro can summon this kickass looking thing.

She good at solo play?

SRTtoZ

Is the Mechromancer good? I just got the season pass and all the DLC installed ready to play through everything for the first time but the starting characters that come with the base game don't really appeal to me other then the sniper class. Saw that the Mechro can summon this kickass looking thing.

She good at solo play?

They are all pretty good and able to solo. I saw a poll recently on Gamefaqs where people said she was their favorite character out of the 6.

M.D

If you're on 360 me and my friend just started going through it again, we're only level 9 and 10. You could also either join a game or set your lobby to public, but then you might be rushed a bit.

And yeah, co-op is generally easier even though it scales, and more fun.

Playing on Steam :(

If anyone wants to play with me, PM me

Wallach

Repost to see how to start again...

I'm not sure I would do the DLC until TVHM. Up to you, but if you include all the DLC there's a hell of a lot of content in this game, and I think you'll burn yourself out if you try to do all the content in all three modes. I'd also probably do sidequests in TVHM then only do the ones you actually want to do in UVHM.

maomaoIYP

She good at solo play?

I have the Assassin and Gunzerker at 50, Soldier at 57, Siren and Mechro at 61. Psycho at 20. I only play solo.
Level of difficulty from easiest to hardest to hitting 50 (personally speaking):
Soldier, Mechro, Siren, Gunzerker, Assassin.
Soldier has best action skill. You can lay down two rocket launching, enemy fire shielding turrets that wipes things out very quickly. In addition, you can recall them to recover cool down time.
Mechro has the 2nd best, and is an incredible powerhouse with the anarchy tree.
Siren has the best crowd control, but her action skill doesn't work against some enemies and one of her tree is the designated healer tree, so not very useful as a solo player.
Gunzerker's action skill is the only other action skill that draws fire to you instead of away, and playing him depends a lot on getting the correct equipment.
Assassin is very hard playing as a solo sniper, and not much fun to me playing melee.
I don't have an opinion on the Psycho yet, but I can safely say that I like him better than the Assassin.

SRTtoZ

I have the Assassin and Gunzerker at 50, Soldier at 57, Siren and Mechro at 61. Psycho at 20. I only play solo.
Level of difficulty from easiest to hardest to hitting 50 (personally speaking):
Soldier, Mechro, Siren, Gunzerker, Assassin.
Soldier has best action skill. You can lay down two rocket launching, enemy fire shielding turrets that wipes things out very quickly. In addition, you can recall them to recover cool down time.
Mechro has the 2nd best, and is an incredible powerhouse with the anarchy tree.
Siren has the best crowd control, but her action skill doesn't work against some enemies and one of her tree is the designated healer tree, so not very useful as a solo player.
Gunzerker's action skill is the only other action skill that draws fire to you instead of away, and playing him depends a lot on getting the correct equipment.
Assassin is very hard playing as a solo sniper, and not much fun to me playing melee.
I don't have an opinion on the Psycho yet, but I can safely say that I like him better than the Assassin.

I'm a Commando dammit!

SRTtoZ

:D Yea I figured. Its all good!

So I'm playing through TVHM and the one main difference is slag. You REALLY need to use slag this time or else some things are just too hard to take down without kiting forever and using up all your ammo. I'm loving the challenge though!

How do you guys run gun wise? Do you try and keep 1 of every type of weapon AND elemental type? Like for example im trying to keep 1 pistol of every elemental type, 1 SMG, 1 Assault rifle etc. Or is that too crazy?

Is anyone else mysteriously losing guns they are carrying?

Is it Miss Moxxy's Crit? It does that sometimes when you reload it. Intentional.

To the Gearbox employee in this thread: ran the invincible dragons at least 15-20 times with another member here on UVHM at level 61. Only the pink shield ever drops. One legendary (a class mod. Horray). No pearls. Nothing. If I'm playing the hardest boss on the hardest difficulty on the highest level, shouldn't that make the loot less bad?

Any plans to fix the loot tables? Very frustrating and makes the game boring very quickly.

Nebula

Is it Miss Moxxy's Crit? It does that sometimes when you reload it. Intentional.

To the Gearbox employee in this thread: ran the invincible dragons at least 15-20 times with another member here on UVHM at level 61. Only the pink shield ever drops. One legendary (a class mod. Horray). No pearls. Nothing. If I'm playing the hardest boss on the hardest difficulty on the highest level, shouldn't that make the loot less bad?

Any plans to fix the loot tables? Very frustrating and makes the game boring very quickly.

Welcome to the random is random concept on BL2. My brother had a Vladof seraph drop for him yesterday, so there are definitely other things in the drop table. Just keep trying, at least you're getting all dat Eridium.

Also
Butt Stallion
dropped a Ker Blaster and a Volcano for me yesterday. I initially though it shared a drop table with the Warrior but the Ker Blaster pretty much confirms it doesn't.

Welcome to the random is random concept on BL2. My brother had a Vladof seraph drop for him yesterday, so there are definitely other things in the drop table. Just keep trying, at least you're getting all dat Eridium.

Also
Butt Stallion
dropped a Ker Blaster and a Volcano for me yesterday. I initially though it shared a drop table with the Warrior but the Ker Blaster pretty much confirms it doesn't.

Where can you find her to feed the eridium?

Nebula

Where can you find her to feed the eridium?

After Butt Stallion is freed you will find her next to Roland along the path from the fountain towards the Forest area in Flamerock Refuge. It costs 5 Eridium to feed her.
I got my drops from after the final battle though, but my friend has had a Volcano and a Skullmasher from feeding her.

A few queries before I drop the bones on the DLC, guys:

> Are the Tiny Tina DLC "uber bosses" (think Pyro Pete et al.) more or less impossible on TVHM by one's self? I have a Lvl. 50 Assassin only.

> Is there still an inventory limit in your backpack and safe?

> How is leveling up past 50 handled?

> Is there anything else I should know as someone who hasn't touched the game in over 6 months? Patch changes, etc?

Many thanks, bros.

maomaoIYP

Huh, what? That tree makes her one of the easiest to solo as since shields are almost pretty useless in this game.

She's easiest fighting most enemies one on one, but when you're up against boss-type enemies, phaselocking doesn't work. While one enemy is phaselocked the rest are still shooting at you. In addition her healing tree is coop-centric while her crowd control tree is actually less useful than it really is.
Both Axton and Gaige's action skill can take the heat away from you completely. Axton's is so powerful you can just launch two turrets, and hide away until everything is dead.

edit:

> Are the Tiny Tina DLC "uber bosses" (think Pyro Pete et al.) more or less impossible on TVHM by one's self? I have a Lvl. 50 Assassin only.

Many thanks, bros.
I've solo-ed all the raid bosses except for the one in Tiny Tina's DLC. I'm not entirely sure it can be done solo. Give it a month or two and I'm sure someone would have done it on youtube.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

> Is there still an inventory limit in your backpack and safe?

> How is leveling up past 50 handled?

> Is there anything else I should know as someone who hasn't touched the game in over 6 months? Patch changes, etc?

Many thanks, bros.
I don't think you can solo any uber bosses, unless you can find some glitches i guess.

Yeah, there is still a limit. :( You can upgrade them with eridiums, but where i am right now, it cost 100 eridiums for 2 more slots...

Lvling is very slow after 50 in TVHM, quests gives only 2k-4k xp, and most enemies gives less than 50xp... I guess its not as bad in UVHM, haven't tried yet.

Can't say for last question.

Top Bottom