• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Tenumi

Banned
Finished up my Mechromancer's first playthrough. Nothing quite like seeing a Conference Call wedged under
The Warrior
. No amount of manuvering got it...

On a good note, I reached level 5 with Krieg. I am quickly a fan of his skill...

Finished up my Mechromancer's first playthrough. Nothing quite like seeing a Conference Call wedged under
The Warrior
. No amount of manuvering got it...

On a good note, I reached level 5 with Krieg. I am quickly a fan of his skill...

Although it's probably too late now, if that ever happens again what you can do is take the exit out of the vault, run to the nearest fast travel station, travel to Hero's Pass, then run through Hero's Pass back to the vault. All your stuff will be there without the corpse obstructing it. Kind of a pain, but it works.

Alternatively what I do is instead of exiting the vault, I load up another player on split screen since they spawn by the vault's fast travel station and use them to fast travel to Hero's Pass. Saves a few minutes of running through the Eridium Blight.

unchained

Banned
Looking for someone to help me run through from the begining. Started playing around launch got to around leve 13 but got distracted looking to go back in with some people who can show me the ropes

So the "It's like that one video" achievement is glitched for me. Killed the darkness and didn't get it. Threw the magic missile at it and still didn't get it. Not sure what is wrong.

Blu10

So what is the best level for starting the expansions? Is it once you start TVHM or should I wait until I get to UVHM?

I've been going through with Kreig to get him to 61, and I'm just doing the story missions, and bouncing over to the expansions whenever I find myself under leveled. With the exception to tiny Tina's...did that one after beating the warrior.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't know who's bright idea it was at Gearbox who thought that making a very quick shield regenerating Thresher that can kill you in 2 hits when you have a +200k fucking shield in UVHM necessary to advance into the story... but you can go to hell. You just cost me 3 millions $ in death, and it would have cost me more if i didnt find a tiny corner to hide so that his darts wouldnt hit me.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...arbox-software-working-on-new-ip-for-next-gen

Pitchford also confirmed that new Borderlands 2 DLC was on the way, despite the fact that all Season Pass packs had now launched.

"Everyone was under the expectations that those would be the four DLC's and that's it," Pitchford explained. "We are going to do more, we are going to do some other things. I don't have details exactly of it yet cause were not ready to announce what the other things are.

"We got more stuff in the hopper that we're planning and getting pretty excited about. So if you're a Borderlands 2 fan you don't have to be afraid that that's the end of it."

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know who's bright idea it was at Gearbox who thought that making a very quick shield regenerating Thresher that can kill you in 2 hits when you have a +200k fucking shield in UVHM necessary to advance into the story... but you can go to hell. You just cost me 3 millions $ in death, and it would have cost me more if i didnt find a tiny corner to hide so that his darts wouldnt hit me.

I haven't bought the UVHM upgrade yet because of stuff like this. I feel like trekking through UVHM is probably more heartache than it's worth, so I'm going to stick with level 50 for now.

Plus, I only have one level 50 atm (Siren), so I figure I have a ways to go before I get a bunch of characters maxed out.

Bisnic

I haven't bought the UVHM upgrade yet because of stuff like this. I feel like trekking through UVHM is probably more heartache than it's worth, so I'm going to stick with level 50 for now.

Plus, I only have one level 50 atm (Siren), so I figure I have a ways to go before I get a bunch of characters maxed out.

To be honest, i thought UVHM wasn't so bad up until that point. Phaselock with Ruin + Sweet Release + whatever skill that pulls close enemies to my target makes this mode just the good difficulty without me wanting to pull my hair out, but that Thresher man... its like the difficulty went up 10x suddenly for no reason. I hope the Tiny Tina's DLC isn't that bad in UVHM. I wanted to show that DLC to a friend soon, but if its that hard, i might as well make a new character and show this in normal difficulty.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
To be honest, i thought UVHM wasn't so bad up until that point. Phaselock with Ruin + Sweet Release + whatever skill that pulls close enemies to my target makes this mode just the good difficulty without me wanting to pull my hair out, but that Thresher man... its like the difficulty went up 10x suddenly for no reason. I hope the Tiny Tina's DLC isn't that bad in UVHM. I wanted to show that DLC to a friend soon, but if its that hard, i might as well make a new character and show this in normal difficulty.

Really? I've always heard that UVHM is a drag, which is why I've avoided it. It's still $2.50 on XBL right now, wondering whether I should pick it up.

I hear ya. I'm having a hell of a time in UVHM with my level 53 melee Krieg. I think I'm going to have to respec him to be all guns until he's level 61 and I get good loot for him to do all melee. Wilhelm was probably the worst because you can't get close enough to melee him. Defending the beacon at Overlook was also pretty frustrating. I ended up just doing the invincibility glitch so I could get through it.

Bisnic

Really? I've always heard that UVHM is a drag, which is why I've avoided it. It's still $2.50 on XBL right now, wondering whether I should pick it up.

It's a drag because you NEED to use slag on literally everything to kill them at a decent rate. Siren just make this less of a drag because her Phaselock can be specced to put slag on people, and you have that other skill that pulls close enemies to your target, which also slags them.

That, and you have to be careful and hide often if you don't wanna die.

My Siren is up to the part where i have to defend Overlook's beacon. I dread that part, even if i have a good corrosive assault rifle and pistol with me. Even my overpowered Phaselock is not going to be enough i fear.

So...yea. There's basically 2-3 enemies for Tiny Tina's DLC that basically shit on you regardless of shields. The Crystal Skeletons are my personal bane, but you don't encounter them is numbers until late.

The Dragon raid is tough, quite a few shield breaking/OHKO moments there.

And Murderlin's Arena is more "don't fall into this very obvious pit OHKO", it's not crazy hard, just long. Every round seems to be an extra 15 minutes of hugging the back of the wall on the last wave. Haven't done his last quest yet, and don't really know if I want to either.

Oh, and fuck Jimmy Jenkins.

My Siren is up to the part where i have to defend Overlook's beacon. I dread that part, even if i have a good corrosive assault rifle and pistol with me. Even my overpowered Phaselock is not going to be enough i fear.

Just get ready for a long fight. I'd bring a friend or two if possible.

259835_10151571343154081_1047080747_n.jpg

It might be doable if the gun slagged too. I went back to Southern Shelf hoping that my advancing levels afforded me anything, but the bandits have all scaled. Come the hell on.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm running through my Mechromancer TVHM playthrough, and I switched to a non-Anarchy build, and am surprisingly loving it. Sharing is Caring makes Deathtrap unkillable half the time. I've had a Shock spike shield until just recently and the combo of us two has been devastating.

I did also start a Krieg playthrough and I like the looks of his skill trees. Combat is definitely funner with him.

maomaoIYP

It's not. I've already taken 4 characters through UVHM. Slag is essential, but fighting without slag even in TVHM is horribly inefficient, so I've used it all the way. I enjoy the extra challenge in UVHM. I don't have all the best weapons that I want at level 61 but even most of the regular purples/blues at lvl 61 work perfectly fine.

Most recently I took my lvl 61 Siren through Tiny Tina's solo without problems at all, except for the raid boss which I can't beat yet.

edit: You do need to spec your classes well though. For example I find skills that give health and shield recovery essential.

Is it just me but Kriegs downstate dynamite ability weak as hell? can't really kill with it.

It's shit. Much better off having access to your guns in ffyl

I tried playing as Krieg but I was really underwhelmed. I'm sure he'll get more interesting with the last skill in the melee tree but I couldn't keep going. Started up Mechnomancer and she's great.

I still can't find any reason to ever not use the Bee. I still pine for the glory days of the pre-nerf but it seems all of the other shields are worthless when they can all be instantly drained just as easy. I guess I rather be a glass cannon when things are going well then a "tank" for a split second longer.

Bisnic

Just get ready for a long fight. I'd bring a friend or two if possible.

It was easier than i thought. I just hide behind the stairs near the beacon and most of the robots were ignoring me and focusing on the beacon. I just had to repair it when needed, phaselock the robots and use my corrosive weapons on them when they got slagged. Easy.

The only hard part was the constructor, or whatever its called, the big ass stationary robot that takes forever to kill and keep shooting rockets at you. Never got to kill him, and just ran straight to the fast travel machine when the mission was completed lol.

It was easier than i thought. I just hide behind the stairs near the beacon and most of the robots were ignoring me and focusing on the beacon. I just had to repair it when needed, phaselock the robots and use my corrosive weapons on them when they got slagged. Easy.

The only hard part was the constructor, or whatever its called, the big ass stationary robot that takes forever to kill and keep shooting rockets at you. Never got to kill him, and just ran straight to the fast travel machine when the mission was completed lol.

Nice. We actually fought that thing before we left.

This is the detriment whenever my wife and I play, neither of us really wants to run when we can blow it up. The Bunker was another long ass fight.

Is it just me but Kriegs downstate dynamite ability weak as hell? can't really kill with it.

It's especially bad in UVHM. I do occasionally get kills with it but not often.

I just hit level 30 on Axton and now I'm dying a bunch in the main mission. I obviously need a partner or something.

Do you have a high level character you can use to power level Axton? If not, do side missions or yeah, bring a friend. I always thought Axton was one of the easier characters to play. I haven't played him myself, so I could be wrong. I know playing through the game as Zero was pretty challenging and I had to bring a friend most of the time.

Bisnic

Nice. We actually fought that thing before we left.

This is the detriment whenever my wife and I play, neither of us really wants to run when we can blow it up. The Bunker was another long ass fight.

Yeah, i usually kill everything around me, but that robot pissed me off with its rockets that can kill me in 2 hits if im not hiding and how even shooting it like 40 times in the eye barely got him to half its health bar, and i had a fast travel machine in front of me, so.. i said fuck it. :p

I really really hate those stationary robots. Why did they make them so hard to kill? :(

Atsumi

It's especially bad in UVHM. I do occasionally get kills with it but not often.

Do you have a high level character you can use to power level Axton? If not, do side missions or yeah, bring a friend. I always thought Axton was one of the easier characters to play. I haven't played him myself, so I could be wrong. I know playing through the game as Zero was pretty challenging and I had to bring a friend most of the time.

Yeah, he's pretty simple to play; I'm just bad. Maybe I should spend more golden keys.

Yeah, he's pretty simple to play; I'm just bad. Maybe I should spend more golden keys.

Yeah I'd say spend your golden keys as you go so you're always getting blues and purples that are your level. The keys become kind of useless once you've hit the level cap, so you may as well spend them when you need new weapons. I have 33 keys I'll probably never use. Also, I don't know what you're playing on, but on PS3 there's a way to basically get unlimited keys.

And as I said before, invite a friend if you can. It helps a lot. That way the enemies have someone else to focus on.

Top Bottom