• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought the season pass on steam thanks to the sale. Is there a proper way to do the DLC in order?

Well the order it was released in was:

Scarlett
Torgue
Hammerlock
Tina

But you can do them in any order. The only thing is I think the Tina DLC occurs after the end of the campaign, so you need to have completed that first before starting it.

Kikarian

Well the game just glitched on me.

I'm up to the bit where
You have to destroy the bunker. But it isn't actually a bunker, it's a robot. When it cut back to gameplay, from the short cutscene, Bunker was just glitching out in the air, not moving or firing. I killed myself but to no luck. I took it's health down to zero, but nothing happened. Just parts falling of it.

It was quite a funny, but annoying glitch.

Marvie_3

Banned
Well the game just glitched on me.

I'm up to the bit where
You have to destroy the bunker. But it isn't actually a bunker, it's a robot. When it cut back to gameplay, from the short cutscene, Bunker was just glitching out in the air, not moving or firing. I killed myself but to no luck. I took it's health down to zero, but nothing happened. Just parts falling of it.

It was quite a funny, but annoying glitch.

That's happened to me a couple times.

Kikarian

It's glitched on me again.

I can't be bothered going through with this again.

I'm fighting 'Warrior' and it's got about 2% health left and I'm stuck in between two rocks, unable to move. I'm playing as mechromancer and have the ability for Deathtrap to increase it's duration time with each kill. It's currently on x178 anarchy and keeps increasing. :lol
I guess it's a good way to level though.

Bought the game during the Steam sale and about to boot it up later tonight. I can't wait to play it, I pretty much know nothing about it other than it being an FPS

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Bought the game during the Steam sale and about to boot it up later tonight. I can't wait to play it, I pretty much know nothing about it other than it being an FPS

Don't expect to play a Call of Duty or Battlefield game. It's like a FPS/RPG game with tons of loot and stats on items, like Diablo if you want. With missions giving XP, dollars guns and stuff.

Don't expect to play a Call of Duty or Battlefield game. It's like a FPS/RPG game with tons of loot and stats on items, like Diablo if you want. With missions giving XP, dollars guns and stuff.

That sounds like a nice change of pace. There's online right? But it's not deathmatch like the games you listed, but more like co-op?

Looks like DLC news is coming:

KDGMeCu.png

Bisnic

Holy crap... Bloodwing on UVHM can go to hell. I must have died like 10 times against her. Fucking bird can almost kill me in one hit if I do a single mistake or get too close. I would have given up after 4 deaths if it wasn't for the fact that i would have to do the whole freaking zone again if i tried again later. Thank god for an explosive blue shotgun i had with me, made it a little easier when she was on foot. Would have probably been easier in a team so that people can revive each others.

Also.. fuck those invisible beasts. They were already annoying on normal and TVHM, this is another kind of annoying on UVHM. Especially the ones with a ridiculous shield that loves to bite you in the face.

When should I do the DLC? I was thinking do them at 50 but then if I spend a bunch of time getting my gears all nice if I decide to do UVHM they're going to immediately be shit like what happened going from normal to TVHM

This game is so dope. Only thing I'm not sure on is if I picked the right character. I picked the dude on the left who throws a sentry gun as his power. Can i switch between different characters or will I have to start the game over? Since I won't play this game 4+ times probably, who would you suggest I play the game as? (is one of the characters more fun that the others)

Just got back from vacation and finished the dlc, pretty enjoyable and easily the best of the 4 story wise. Only have one quick question, I've seen one crazy video of killing the ancient dragons solo, is there any glitch or anything or maybe s few videos showing how to solo the dragons?

Bisnic

This game is so dope. Only thing I'm not sure on is if I picked the right character. I picked the dude on the left who throws a sentry gun as his power. Can i switch between different characters or will I have to start the game over? Since I won't play this game 4+ times probably, who would you suggest I play the game as? (is one of the characters more fun that the others)

You have to start from lvl 1 if you wanna play another class.

I only played the Siren and Assassin so far, but the Siren is definitely my favorite thanks to her Phaselock, which can levitate your target into midair, put multiple elemental effects, heal yourself, mind control, pull enemies nearby, etc. depending on the skills you choose.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Play Siren or (if you have the DLC) Mechromancer, as they seem like the most fun to play out of the characters I've played so far.

You have to start from lvl 1 if you wanna play another class.

I only played the Siren and Assassin so far, but the Siren is definitely my favorite thanks to her Phaselock, which can levitate your target into midair, put multiple elemental effects, heal yourself, mind control, pull enemies nearby, etc. depending on the skills you choose.

Do I have to start the game over, or just pick up where I left off on my first character?

Just got back from vacation and finished the dlc, pretty enjoyable and easily the best of the 4 story wise. Only have one quick question, I've seen one crazy video of killing the ancient dragons solo, is there any glitch or anything or maybe s few videos showing how to solo the dragons?

I don't think there are any glitches like the Pyro Pete ledge or 100% easy tactics - these guys are pretty difficult to solo IMO - but Bahroo has videos of each character soloing the Dragons.

- Salvador
- Zer0
- Krieg
- Gaige
- Maya
(Quick note on this one, the reason he has 0 health at the start and does huge damage is because he's taking advantage of the Immolate glitch.)
- Axton

Also, if you apply an elemental status effect to them whilst they're in the air, when they land they'll wipe it off and become completely immune to all status effects, including Slag.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Do I have to start the game over, or just pick up where I left off on my first character?

You have to start over. My main is a Siren and I love her to death, but from what I understand playing as a Commando is easier since your turret does DPS, can pull aggro, and can get you second winds if you're down. However the Siren is really fun to play, as is the Mechromancer.

Tenumi

Banned
I would just like to say that Deathtrap, plus Sharing is Caring, with the Firehawk shield, is a thing of glory. So much burning....

You have to start over. My main is a Siren and I love her to death, but from what I understand playing as a Commando is easier since your turret does DPS, can pull aggro, and can get you second winds if you're down. However the Siren is really fun to play, as is the Mechromancer.

Curious does the Rubi heal you with turret damage? cause that would make a commando hard to kill.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys I got a question. I played over 100 hours of the vanilla game, did two full playthrough and farmed the end boss for the conference call and the bee shield. I hadn't touched the DLC up until very recently. I started Captain Scarlet at level 50. Is it normal that a couple of hours in I'm barely at the halfway point into the level and that I still haven't see any kind of upgrades yet?

Considering I'm playing a loot game, would be kinda nice to find some upgrades from time to time lol.

Bisnic

Hey guys I got a question. I played over 100 hours of the vanilla game, did two full playthrough and farmed the end boss for the conference call and the bee shield. I hadn't touched the DLC up until very recently. I started Captain Scarlet at level 50. Is it normal that a couple of hours in I'm barely at the halfway point into the level and that I still haven't see any kind of upgrades yet?

Considering I'm playing a loot game, would be kinda nice to find some upgrades from time to time lol.

Are you still playing in TVHM? You need to switch to UVHM once you're lvl 50, or else lvls will go very very slowly.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah, so if you're more interested in seeing the missions themselves than the loot and levels, continue in TVHM.

Yeah... I think I will finish Scarlet and switch to UTVHM for the last latest DLC.

Hmmm... If I start a new playthrough in UTVHM, how far do I have to play to access the Dragon's Keep DLC?

Are the side quests ultimately that important or will be alright just doing the story quests? I feel lazy and impatient
They're not essential to the experience, you don't have to do them but you might find yourself under-leveled by a level or two if you skip all of them. I think the first couple of playthroughs have predetermined level scaling so it doesn't matter what level you are, the enemies/quests/etc. will be a set level in each area. So if you're not getting any XP from sidequests at all you might find yourself a bit below this level...and if you do every single one as soon as you get it you end up over-leveled by one or two levels.

They're not essential to the experience, you don't have to do them but you might find yourself under-leveled by a level or two if you skip all of them. I think the first couple of playthroughs have predetermined level scaling so it doesn't matter what level you are, the enemies/quests/etc. will be a set level in each area. So if you're not getting any XP from sidequests at all you might find yourself a bit below this level...and if you do every single one as soon as you get it you end up over-leveled by one or two levels.

Awesome, thanks for the info

Top Bottom