• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! |OT| GENDER EQUALITY!

Anyone know how to get the orange
Excalibastard or whatever it is called out of the stone? I accidentally ran into it and got excited until I realized it was stuck

If you guys don't know yet, it's 45% off on GMG if you use Hola to spoof it to the UK.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/c...rderlands_the_presequel_225045_off_2525_code/

damn! Should have looked I bought this morning for full price with my 27$ in GMG cash but I could have bought it for the same price + still had 27$ in GMG cash. Stupid me :(

Reading the class FAQ on IGN makes me wonder who to use. I'm now even more confused than I was before I clicked the link.

Each one has perks, and there doesn't seem to be an obvious warrior/all-around type for my play style.

Claptrap sounds weird, with his positive and negative statuses, but he's the coolest.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Still waiting on my pre-load code from 2game :/

edit: actually was in my junk mail, preloading now wooooo

Reading the class FAQ on IGN makes me wonder who to use. I'm now even more confused than I was before I clicked the link.

Each one has perks, and there doesn't seem to be an obvious warrior/all-around type for my play style.

Claptrap sounds weird, with his positive and negative statuses, but he's the coolest.

I chose willhelm so far its pretty basic run and gun. Claptrap is cool but i didnt want to be to random crazy

Supposedly the badass points u get for transferring are set at a different amount for how much you had in bl2, I don't think it is an exact transfer though. Anyone who has the game, how much did you get for your save file?

d00d3n

Supposedly the badass points u get for transferring are set at a different amount for how much you had in bl2, I don't think it is an exact transfer though. Anyone who has the game, how much did you get for your save file?

I think I got 10 badass points points for my BL2 savefile.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah, what about this? I don't remember BL2 being that bad so if this is any better that is a major driving point to get me to buy this.
BL2 did run like shite on the PS3, sad to say. Slowdown even in opening menus, particularly in Sanctuary where everything became a chugging mess. Also the textures took some time to load, so after teleporting or entering some place you'd have some delay before the textures appeared.

I hear the 360 version runs more smoothly, but I haven't played it. I played it both on PC and later on PS3 with a friend (PS+ freebie) and it's playable, but frequently annoying. I guess it's not that bad if you only played it on PS3 though... *shrugs*

So are the two guns you get for having bl and bl2 like that fireworks grenade from bl2, does their damage scale with your level? The fireworks grenade always had the same damage on the weapon chart but in reality it would scale with the player.

-PXG-

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna roll with Nisha. Riflewoman combined with some Fan the Hammer skills is gonna be so dirty.

GavinUK86

I've been playing as Athena and the shield is brilliant. Deflects damage then ends with one big attack.

I got 100. Don't remember how many I had in the second game though.

OH FUCK IT...I'M GONNA BUY THIS GAME!

FUCKKKK

WILL PRE-LOAD

been using mordercai in b1 and zero for b2...big fan of snipers,gunslingers and assassin class

which one has any of those type? athena ? wilhelm ? or nisha? ;_;

-PXG-

I went from not giving a shit about this game to being totally hyped. I played the fuck out of 1 and 2, especially 2. I guess I initially saw this game as a cheap cash in, Like God of War Ascension or Gears Judgement. But after looking at videos and seeing all the sales, I couldn't resist. I'm basically done with Destiny until the DLC comes out. I have a shit load of games to play, but I still need something to tickle that loot itch properly.

I'm glad my PC will be able to beast this game, just as it did with BL2. I hope the ini tweaks are basically the same so it will be easy to make the game look even better.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I opted for Wilhelm since he's most analogous to the soldier classes in the original and 2. Yeah, I'm boringly predictable. ;)

SerTapTap

Got 100 too, and I only got 2 characters to UVHM, so I didn't have that many ranks.

And I'm absolutely loving the custom dialog depending on your character. This game <3

Oh good they finally started doing that. Playing as a female main in both games, there's quite a number of "hims" and "hes" especially in BL1, BL2 mostly avoids gendered pronouns (IIRC this fact is even used as a joke in the Torgue DLC)

HOLY SHIT THANKS FOR THAT GMG LINK ;_;

downloading now

this is the first time i'm preloading a game :O

next will be DA:I and The Witcher 3 which i already preordered :3

Decided to play as Wilhelm. Currently level 7 and I just made it to town. Made sure to complete every mission and explore as much as I can before continuing. That's what I always do on my first playthrough then afterwards I'll just rush through. Even if I think I explored everything, there's probably something I missed lol.

For those that are worried about the oxygen mechanics, don't be. So far, it hasn't been a bother. There's always a spot nearby so you can recharge as well as enemies dropping oxygen. Oxygen depletes each second as well as when you boost but not a problem when there's always something nearby. If you do run out of oxygen, then you'll start losing life but that drains pretty slow so you'll certainly have time to recover.

In terms of these Shift codes, you can enter them in game. There's actually a machine in town that lets you do this. I know someone posted some Shift codes..just need to look for them again.

So far, I'm pretty happy with this game. It's pure Borderlands. I would love to play more but I need some sleep for work...but you better believe I'll be back on the minute I get home! I hope you all enjoy the game :)

Decided to play as Wilhelm. Currently level 7 and I just made it to town. Made sure to complete every mission and explore as much as I can before continuing. That's what I always do on my first playthrough then afterwards I'll just rush through. Even if I think I explored everything, there's probably something I missed lol.

For those that are worried about the oxygen mechanics, don't be. So far, it hasn't been a bother. There's always a spot nearby so you can recharge as well as enemies dropping oxygen. Oxygen depletes each second as well as when you boost but not a problem when there's always something nearby. If you do run out of oxygen, then you'll start losing life but that drains pretty slow so you'll certainly have time to recover.

In terms of these Shift codes, you can enter them in game. There's actually a machine in town that lets you do this. I know someone posted some Shift codes..just need to look for them again.

So far, I'm pretty happy with this game. It's pure Borderlands. I would love to play more but I need some sleep for work...but you better believe I'll be back on the minute I get home! I hope you all enjoy the game :)

How is it on the "full Game"/Glorified DLC scale?

I can't get the GMG code to work. It's saying "unable to add voucher." I can't even seem to try and advance through the checkout without the voucher -what gives?

iFirez

Just finished the main story of the game. Took me around 10 hours or so with just a few of the side quests along the way (I wanted to digest the story before doing a full 100% playthrough).

Do we have a Spoiler thread yet? Because god damn a lot happens in this game. I feel like a lot of people don't care about the story so much, but I've always enjoyed it. Especially that Halo 2 style ending we got in Borderlands 2... but Pre-sequel fleshes that out so much more.

SPOILERS FOR THE END OF THE GAME:
It was awesome to see the Eridians back along with their architecture... which took an odd turn actually - it looked like a mix of Forerunner and Covenant from Halo. Very purple. I liked it though. The Eridians were missed in Borderlands 2 IMO, the only glimpse we got of them were the statues in the battle area with the Guardian. For those who aren't bothered by spoilers or have already finished the game [Pre-Sequel] then here's an album of 'cinematic' shots I took towards the end of the game (last 10-15mins): http://imgur.com/a/yhKKa -- The game does look damn good.
Anyway, I'll save more of my thoughts and such until we have a Spoilers thread (if we don't already) and when more people have finished.

BigDug13

How is it on the "full Game"/Glorified DLC scale?

By Borderlands 2 DLC standards, we have 4 classes which are $10 each, and at least two story-based DLC's worth of content at $20.

That's partly why I laugh at the "glorified DLC" comments. Just 4 new classes alone is $40 of content based on how BL2 has priced their DLC.

'Jealous of all you folks who are playing the game now. I won't be able to play it for another 11 hours or so.

Awesome games always come out when I'm at work.

REV 09

Had no intention of buying this yet, but that GmG deal/trick was too tough not to try. Finished DL right at midnight and now I'm playing. Not sure which character to choose.

Kadin

Had no intention of buying this yet, but that GmG deal/trick was too tough not to try. Finished DL right at midnight and now I'm playing. Not sure which character to choose.
Yeah the $45 was hard to pass up. I had a chance to check out the game early and I absolutely loved what I saw. Played for about an hour. Good times await.

REV 09

The intro is just ok, but the moon seems cool so far. Nice color palette. The pc version seems to have a softer look than I remember from 2...I think it might be some type of enhanced depth of field.

Top Bottom