• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! |OT| GENDER EQUALITY!

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Not sure this has been talked about, but anyone try to purchase from Nuuvem? How long do these registration emails take?

Apt101

"I haven't felt this good since mom died!". I like Nisha, Showdown makes boss fights stupid easy with a powerful hand cannon. It's pretty fun but I feel like something is off with the low gravity movement. I feel like I don't have my settings the way I want. I'm also having a tough time getting around the lunar surface, the layout feels weird. I'll get used to it I guess.

Sothpaw

Thinking of going Wilhelm. Probably fun to paint targets with the drone. I played Sal in BL2 and he was OP as all fuck. No one looks particularly OP to me this time from my review of the trees. Which is probably a good thing because BL2 was Sal then everyone else.

Mistel

Banned
Thinking of going Wilhelm. Probably fun to paint targets with the drone. I played Sal in BL2 and he was OP as all fuck. No one looks particularly OP to me this time from my review of the trees. Which is probably a good thing because BL2 was Sal then everyone else.
Nisha with the right weapon could be nearly that, nowhere near as broken as sal could get with certain things like the grog nozzle and a double penetrating unkempt harold though.

GamerSoul

picked up the game and im finally home!! Time to eat and then pop in this bad boy. woot woot.

awww claptrap. the intro was nice. :3

Soi-Fong

So, I can keep up 1440p with PhysX turned all the way high and never drop below 60 fps.

At 3200 x 1800, with PhysX turned all the way high, I drop lowest to around 55 fps when enemies are dying left and right and bullets flying everywhere.. Turning down PhysX to medium or low, might give me a solid 60. Turning it off will keep it solid 60.

This is with all settings set to max.

cHinzo

Nisha with the right weapon could be nearly that, nowhere near as broken as sal could get with certain things like the grog nozzle and a double penetrating unkempt harold though.

Nisha should be a glass canon, dealing tons of damage, but gets down quickly. With Sal u dealt tons of damage... and kept urself alive through health gating. :d

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Wasn't able to pick this up today. Won't be able to until Thursday. Hrmm maybe I'll play this in parallel to finishing Borderlands 2.

maouvin

Wasn't able to pick this up today. Won't be able to until Thursday. Hrmm maybe I'll play this in parallel to finishing Borderlands 2.

I don't know how much it would spoil Borderlands 2 for you, but TPS assumes you finished BL2. And Tiny Tina's DLC too, I guess. Just keep that in mind.

Best Buy is awesome . I preordered there so I could use a 10 gift card I got from buying The Evil Within.
They proceed to tell me they are sold out can not fulfill the preorder. Idiots. Picked it up at Target.

So the PC version is better optimized? thats good to hear, its what i was thinking of picking this up on if i do, but some friends informed me they are dusting off their 360's for it. I wasn't too happy with Borderlands 2's performance on 360, has that version received any improvements to framerate?

lovung the game! and the pre order bonus also gave me a claptrap shapedd carrying bag and a cool looking and shiny box (ps3)

oh! this version runs better than bl2 :)

v1perz53

Ugh I'm having a really hard time deciding who to play, I've gotten each to level 5-6 already. I really have to decide, because re-doing all these quests 4 times each is getting old. Really want to play a character that will be good solo, especially in end game (I know we don't know much about this, but in theory) because my school internet blocks PSN so I can't do any online co-op. Unfortunately each character has things I like and dislike. Probably pick Athena if not for the fact that I never liked melee and I hate that I can't ADS while the shield is out.

Apt101

Seems like a lot of enemies have attacks that instantly drain 100% of my shields. It's turning into a real labor dying over and over. Might have to start using cheats just to get past a certain mission.

Apt101

Alright, getting the hang of it. I underestimated how often I should be using Nisha's cock diesel ability. It's getting really fun now, story is kicking off and the quests are rolling in. I love how so many of the NPC's are Australian, I never tire of that accent. I should probably be spending these moonstones too, I have almost 40.

Crimzun Wolf

Neo Member
I have a spare PS3 and PC golden key if anyone wants it. Quote to reveal and please say if you took a key.[EMAIL="PlayStation 3: KKK3J-T66R6-HTF5T-SBKJ3-JSFRJ PC/Mac/Linux: KKK3J-T66R5-BXC3T-JBJJ3-JSF9T"PlayStation 3: KKK3J-T66R6-HTF5T-SBKJ3-JSFRJ PC/Mac/Linux: KKK3J-T66R5-BXC3T-JBJJ3-JSF9T][/EMAIL]

Edit: Whoops didn't realize they were universal codes. Sorry about that.

GamerSoul

I was afraid Athena's Action Skill wouldn't be as fun as it looks because it's more defensive but it's great. Enemies are constantly flying at you. lol

KePoW

Banned
Only one question.

Did they change MP loot to be private instead of FFA? That's the only way I will buy this game.

Had too many arguments with other players over loot being ninja'ed, even with "friends". I hated that so much

Now that the full game is out, I wanted to ask the above question again. Would really need to know, thanks

Apt101

Now that the full game is out, I wanted to ask the above question again. Would really need to know, thanks

As far as I could tell it seems like MP loot works the same way as BL2 - but I've only played about 30 minutes with other people. Some asshole kicked me from his game after we downed a difficult boss and a bunch of purples dropped.

ViciousDS

Banned
Dear god, the ps3 framerate its terrible for online coop it Averages 22-23 fps and dips into slideshows. I really hope they patch it, because this game is fun as hell....so many laughs of my group fucking around and having a great time. Totally worth trading in Destiny towards it.

Apt101

Ugh, that sucks. I hate how people can actually be assholes in cooperative games.

As soon as the boss died he used his mic for the first time to tell me "see ya faggot, my purples!". He sounded like he was well over 40 years of age, too. Some people are just cocks.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Dear god, the ps3 framerate its terrible for online coop it Averages 22-23 fps and dips into slideshows. I really hope they patch it, because this game is fun as hell....so many laughs of my group fucking around and having a great time. Totally worth trading in Destiny towards it.
The same is true for Borderlands 2, so I wouldn't expect a patch, sorry... :\

Edit:
As soon as the boss died he used his mic for the first time to tell me "see ya faggot, my purples!". He sounded like he was well over 40 years of age, too. Some people are just cocks.
Lame. Glad I never play with randoms, to be honest.

KePoW

Banned
As far as I could tell it seems like MP loot works the same way as BL2 - but I've only played about 30 minutes with other people. Some asshole kicked me from his game after we downed a difficult boss and a bunch of purples dropped.

Echoing the post above I'm pretty sure (from a limited MP play-through) that loot is still FFA

Dangit, that's highly unfortunate.

Would have to pass on this then, I don't know why they're still using antiquated FFA loot system in MP

Trickster

Gah this is so frustrating, I'm reading these post with people saying they are hitting a constant 60 fps with all setting including physx at max. But I can't get even close to that even though I have a fucking gtx 970. physx just fucking tanks my framerate. This is so goddamn frustrating wtf!

Top Bottom