• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! |OT| GENDER EQUALITY!

Trickster

Gah this is so frustrating, I'm reading these post with people saying they are hitting a constant 60 fps with all setting including physx at max. But I can't get even close to that even though I have a fucking gtx 970. physx just fucking tanks my framerate. This is so goddamn frustrating wtf!

Just to update. Just tried setting physx down to medium. Within 2 minutes I've had a dips down into the 40 fps range....

Apt101

They all have banter with other characters. It's kind of funny how Athena and Lillith dislike one another. Nisha says some off the wall shit that has made me LOL a few times. She's insane.

GamerSoul

They all have banter with other characters. It's kind of funny how Athena and Lillith dislike one another. Nisha says some off the wall shit that has made me LOL a few times. She's insane.

yea i love the banter so far. I found a Tediore laser shotgun and damn it is amazing! I'm throwing my gun on reload with one hand and my Aspis with the other :D

Played about an hour, loved Borderlands 2 and played an insane amount of it. I was hesitant about this, but now after Destiny I decided to jump in. Satisfy my loot hunger. So far, this game seems totally a-ok. Already looking forward to playing more.

Apt101

I think I need to respec. Nisha is amazing when Showdown is up, otherwise I feel a bit weak - like she isn't doing enough damage. I suppose it's a fair tradeoff since every 20-ish seconds I can hit F and just murder everything, but still. I need some consistency. It's an adjustment after playing only pet classes in BL2.

hoggert

After 4 level of playing Claptrap, I wasn't enjoying it and switched to Nisha. Nothing like jumping, going into showdown, and killing 6 enemies before you hit the ground.

Patryn

I'm having weird issues playing this game. Not with performance, but with the characters and story. For instance the class that sounds most appealing is Wilhelm. But I just can't get over him being an evil bastard in BL2. I can never play an evil character.

I got to level 4 with Claptrap, but I'm not sure I like his skill trees. Thinking I may try Nisha, but I did like all the unique Claptrap reactions I was getting.

This is the first time I've been able to play BL on a PC and I'm loving it. Full HD, 60 FPS, hardly any loading at all...it's great...just feels so smooth. Also with Wolf and Saint for Wilhelm they actually talk (at least I know Wolf does). It's funny hearing Wolf mock the enemy while he's shooting at them. So far I have nothing bad to say about this game. I know it got mocked before (and probably still is) for being just a glorified DLC/cash in but honestly with all of the changes they have put in to this version I think it holds it's own with the other games very well.

GamerSoul

Wow, Wolf actually talks?? I didn't expect that.

So far, every single time I have died was the result of flying off a cliff. lol

I finally reached part where I could start grinding. Can't wait to start messing with it.

I think claptrap was really short sighted for a class. Anytime I gunzerk, I feel bad that my friends do not get ammo regeneration and they are essentially wasting their ammo. I always hope I do not get that now when playing with friends. Some of the action skill decisions of what you get also do not make sense at all. They said it takes your surroundings and gives you what fits best for the situation...being surrounded by enemies=rubber ducky bouncing? wtf.

Apt101

This is the first time I've been able to play BL on a PC and I'm loving it. Full HD, 60 FPS, hardly any loading at all...it's great...just feels so smooth. Also with Wolf and Saint for Wilhelm they actually talk (at least I know Wolf does). It's funny hearing Wolf mock the enemy while he's shooting at them. So far I have nothing bad to say about this game. I know it got mocked before (and probably still is) for being just a glorified DLC/cash in but honestly with all of the changes they have put in to this version I think it holds it's own with the other games very well.

I don't know where the "DLC" talk came from, but this is a legit full game. It doesn't have the charm of BL2 to me, but it's fun.

mandiller

Is there anyway to unlock the game early as it's still encrypted here in Australia. I've tried TunnelBear to proxy to the US but that gave me a 'Steam is busy' error when trying to run the game. Has anyone else had success?

petghost

Banned
I think claptrap was really short sighted for a class. Anytime I gunzerk, I feel bad that my friends do not get ammo regeneration and they are essentially wasting their ammo. I always hope I do not get that now when playing with friends. Some of the action skill decisions of what you get also do not make sense at all. They said it takes your surroundings and gives you what fits best for the situation...being surrounded by enemies=rubber ducky bouncing? wtf.

Agreed... Like I get the ocassional comic relief skill, that's funny but man when I'm trying to fight 1 flying badass scav and I get kreig mode, that's a bummer.

I wish there was some way to lock out 1 or 2 functions...but I guess that goes against the design of the char.

Corpekata

Banned
Is there anyway to unlock the game early as it's still encrypted here in Australia. I've tried TunnelBear to proxy to the US but that gave me a 'Steam is busy' error when trying to run the game. Has anyone else had success?
I unlocked it early in the US via VPN to South Korea however it checks to make sure you're still there when you play the game. So I think you'd need to VPN it all the time until official release or play in offline mode.

ANALblaze

Neo Member
...I was going to ask what I was doing wrong with this jump, but when I started recording what I would be my twentieth failure...
cd7ce4bf3b.gif

Video games.

mandiller

I unlocked it early in the US via VPN to South Korea however it checks to make sure you're still there when you play the game. So I think you'd need to VPN it all the time until official release or play in offline mode.

I'm fine to stay in offline mode until it's officially released tomorrow, but is there a free VPN that works? I've tried TunnelBear and Spotflux and neither has let me play. I get steam errors even though it seems like it's decrypted.

BigDug13

I don't understand. Was Salvadore able to regenerate the team's ammo with his action skill? I was under the impression that his action skill only regenerated his own ammo. He did have team ammo regeneration skill mods, but not his action skill. Unless I missed something while leveling Salvadore to max level?

I don't understand. Was Salvadore able to regenerate the team's ammo with his action skill? I was under the impression that his action skill only regenerated his own ammo. He did have team ammo regeneration skill mods, but not his action skill. Unless I missed something while leveling Salvadore to max level?

Sal's skill had no impact on the rest of the team at all, while calptraps does. Claptrap makes the entire team gunzerk, while only claptraps regenerates. Sal's only made sal gunzerk, and he regenerated ammo

lordkosc

...I was going to ask what I was doing wrong with this jump, but when I started recording what I would be my twentieth failure...
Video games.

Died 6x trying to get across there. Finally did do it, and I am not exactly sure what I did differently the 7th time.

BigDug13

Sal's skill had no impact on the rest of the team at all, while calptraps does. Claptrap makes the entire team gunzerk, while only claptraps regenerates. Sal's only made sal gunzerk, and he regenerated ammo

Oh shit he makes the whole team gunzerk? With no way to cancel it per team member?

Oh shit he makes the whole team gunzerk? With no way to cancel it per team member?

best my friends could find was to sprint, which seems to cancel out shooting some times...but then you're obviously a running target. If claptrap gets gunzerk and you are playing as someone else, get ready to say bye to like 100+ bullets lol

Ruff

cd7ce4bf3b.gif

Video games.

It looks like you're boosting before you hit the lip, barely getting the lift you need to make it across. I had that trouble, until i tried waiting until i actually had upwards momentum before boosting it further, cleared it by a longshot everytime since then. I don't see how people are failing the first jump in the moon zoomy though, hell i cleared that on foot when i went there before unlocking the car first time :/

I have a question about Wilhelm (Minor spoiler for his advancement i guess)
Does his voice become very robotic with the more skill points you use on him, or is it strictly a story progression thing? Either way, very nice touch

Ending spoiler:
I also like how jack flips his photo of angel face down on his desk once he "cracks" into his bad guy persona, almost like he's ashamed of it?

Quest gun spoiler:
The chavvy British gun that cusses you out every shot shotgun you get from doing pickles storyline LMAO, i love that thing.

Weird ass location i found in a rail tunnel:
Is that for a yellow quest? You touch an eridum tablet and get teleported to some weird places, eventually seeing what looks like a bandit in a bubble overlooking pandora (obviously a 2001 PARODY)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm fine to stay in offline mode until it's officially released tomorrow, but is there a free VPN that works? I've tried TunnelBear and Spotflux and neither has let me play. I get steam errors even though it seems like it's decrypted.

Try FlyVPN.

Experien

When is Gearbox going to fix this game? Had over 45 moonstones and then I get to Concordia and I have only 4...less than after my first purchase.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I don't know how much it would spoil Borderlands 2 for you, but TPS assumes you finished BL2. And Tiny Tina's DLC too, I guess. Just keep that in mind.
Well crap butts! How does a pre-sequel spoil the future? *rage*

Was not that hyped.

Idly watched the Torgue/Hammerlock trailer.

Hyped.

Looked at the class skill trees.

Super hyped.

Man I don't even know what I want to play they all look so awesome.

Ruff

When is Gearbox going to fix this game? Had over 45 moonstones and then I get to Concordia and I have only 4...less than after my first purchase.

I found my Moonstones kept going missing, i figured i must have opened the chests that require them to open without realizing after a while. I must pay more attention haha

Lanrutcon

I found my Moonstones kept going missing, i figured i must have opened the chests that require them to open without realizing after a while. I must pay more attention haha

The chests look different, and indicate their cost if you target them to open :)

This wasn't even developed by Gearbox. This was all 2K trying to get another BL game out for sales. Glad it's turned out to be a decent game outside of a few negative impressions.

Don´t get me wrong i´m gonna buy this but i´m not going only but the impressions i read here, i have not time right now to play this game the way i usually play Borderlands, a lot of the friends i was planning to play the game with are not all that enthusiasts about it, will see how it develops

PARANO1A

Only thing holding me back is the inevitable current gen version that will no doubt come out before too long. Looks fun.

cHinzo

I'm having weird issues playing this game. Not with performance, but with the characters and story. For instance the class that sounds most appealing is Wilhelm. But I just can't get over him being an evil bastard in BL2. I can never play an evil character.

I got to level 4 with Claptrap, but I'm not sure I like his skill trees. Thinking I may try Nisha, but I did like all the unique Claptrap reactions I was getting.
Erm, if u diskike playing evil characters, then I would definitely not recommend u to play Nisha. She is even worse than Wilhelm. :d

SerTapTap

What level do I start seeing elemental guns at? I'm level 9 and I've only seen elemental laser guns so far (all fire), and a couple elemental mission reward guns. I'm seeing explosive guns, but literally no corrosives, and only a single mission reward shock weapon. Just a few fire weapons, one mission and a few laser guns. No cryo.

Also, is it because my guns suck or is elemental effect chance & length shorter in this game? I don't really feel too much like a siren, though it might be because of the "switch guns to increase elemental effect" combined with all of 2 (shitty) guns that I have for now.

Love how the game looks. Surprised people were bitching, I just got to "that part" with the Meriff, most environments have been lovely so far. "More BL2" is a fair criticism, but the game looks good. My main complaint is the guns so far, pretty sure it's just because it's low level loot. I probably haven't used a white or green gun in my last 100 hours or so of BL2.

You're not necessarily a "good guy" in Borderlands for the most part, though this game does feature the most ambiguous of morality so far. Claptrap is probably your best bet if that bugs you, he's just comical while the others are a cold assassin, an evil outlaw and...I haven't encountered Wilhelm yet but he's probably a dick.

Slayven

What level do I start seeing elemental guns at? I'm level 9 and I've only seen elemental laser guns so far (all fire), and a couple elemental mission reward guns. I'm seeing explosive guns, but literally no corrosives, and only a single mission reward shock weapon. Just a few fire weapons, one mission and a few laser guns. No cryo.

Also, is it because my guns suck or is elemental effect chance & length shorter in this game? I don't really feel too much like a siren, though it might be because of the "switch guns to increase elemental effect" combined with all of 2 (shitty) guns that I have for now.

Love how the game looks. Surprised people were bitching, I just got to "that part" with the Meriff, most environments have been lovely so far. "More BL2" is a fair criticism, but the game looks good. My main complaint is the guns so far, pretty sure it's just because it's low level loot. I probably haven't used a white or green gun in my last 100 hours or so of BL2.

Yeah that is my only complaint so far, getting a lot of loot. But most of it trash.

SerTapTap

Yeah that is my only complaint so far, getting a lot of loot. But most of it trash.

I still wish they'd throw in a toggle to turn off/hide white guns. Also O2 tanks having a blue glow is bullshit. It's like when mission items were green in BL1, too easy to confuse it with a gun. At least make 'em white, no one looks at white guns.

I'm pretty sure BL2 had the same deal though, I think classes of guns/elements "unlock" by level. Fire first, then other elements, and it takes a while for rocket launchers to show up (not that they don't suck because boyyyy are rocket launchers pointless)

Patryn

You're not necessarily a "good guy" in Borderlands for the most part, though this game does feature the most ambiguous of morality so far. Claptrap is probably your best bet if that bugs you, he's just comical while the others are a cold assassin, an evil outlaw and...I haven't encountered Wilhelm yet but he's probably a dick.

Believe me, I've played and loved the previous games. And, sure, people like Axton are kind of jerks, but they're not straight up evil murderers like Wilhelm.

I think my abhorrence towards Wilhelm stems mainly from the Helena Pierce audio logs from BL2.

Regardless, I've returned to Claptrap and think I'll focus on the Explosive tree. I think as long as I avoid the subroutine tree it'll be fine.

Top Bottom