• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! |OT| GENDER EQUALITY!

SerTapTap

Holy shit ice snipers are amazing. Wasn't really feeling it with ice SMGs, but I like them with Fire anyway. But ice. SO good, it really needs to be in BL3.

Do you guys like the O2 mechanic in the game? I was playing last night with a friend of mine and we got to level 9 and so far I'm not sure I'm enjoying this part of it. It's not terribly bad in any way as the air vents and blue bottles seem to be fairly easy to find but it just seems like something that isn't really necessary.

Maybe later on it becomes more apparent why they did it? As it is right now, it just seems to be a feature that I could simply do without and was just added in due to the location.

It's not bad--the O2 Kits have some interesting effects, slams are cool (but don't appear to actually decrease O2), the O2 revive is neat. I definitely prefer it not being very urgent.

GamerSoul

A little comment. I like the fact that moonstones appear more often then eridian because there are far more uses from them

But 40 moonstones to open a special chest?? 2k plz lol

SerTapTap

A little comment. I like the fact that moonstones appear more often then eridian because there are far more uses from them

I thought it was pretty high, but I've still been gaining moonstones without skipping chests so far. If I knew that I would have waited and bought some more upgrades at Earl first. At least this means you'll get all the upgrades faster then it's nothing but chests (?)

Yeah...seems a tad bit high but like you said it seems Moonstones drop pretty regularly...I did open one chest by mistake because I just go into "open everything" mode when containers or chests are around and opened it before I realized it was one of those chests

Vee_One

Struggling big time with the first real boss
Deadlift
Playing as Gladiator, cant put a dent in him - he just jumps around the map too much and kills me from afar. Really annoying

SerTapTap

Struggling big time with the first real boss
Deadlift
Playing as Gladiator, cant put a dent in him - he just jumps around the map too much and kills me from afar. Really annoying

Hm, I had very little trouble with that my first go. Don't forget to use your shield though, I usually try to use the skill just before my orb shield goes down so it can start to recharge during the skill. Otherwise just headshots, keep away from him when he's electrifying the floor.

Experien

I think I am near the end...kind of annoyed that it feels like there are no Fast-Travels on the moon at all. Maybe it is just the world doesn't seem enticing and just hate all the backtracking to Triton Falls? But didn't Borderlands 2 have a Fast Travel at the beginning of each new area?

GamerSoul

Yea so far I wish there was one or two more fast tracks to get around. It would immensely help completing side quest.

Yeah...seems a tad bit high but like you said it seems Moonstones drop pretty regularly...I did open one chest by mistake because I just go into "open everything" mode when containers or chests are around and opened it before I realized it was one of those chests

I thought it was pretty high, but I've still been gaining moonstones without skipping chests so far. If I knew that I would have waited and bought some more upgrades at Earl first. At least this means you'll get all the upgrades faster then it's nothing but chests (?)

Yea I've used up my moonstones on chest without noticing before. Lol. And YES getting upgrades is way faster. And they can be used for crafting also. I've been using the grinder but I have no idea what I am really doing.

SerTapTap

Yea so far I wish there was one or two more fast tracks to get around. It would immensely help completing side quest.

Yea I've used up my moonstones on chest without noticing before. Lol. And YES getting upgrades is way faster. And they can be used for crafting also. I've been using the grinder but I have no idea what I am really doing.

Could definitely be a few more fast travel stations around.

Oh, I haven't unlocked the grinder. Does the moonstone cost show up before opening a chest? I'm still just like "ooo, chest" *opens*

Oh, I haven't unlocked the grinder. Does the moonstone cost show up before opening a chest? I'm still just like "ooo, chest" *opens*

I think it does have a little indicator that comes up like the Golden Chest (but not the confirmation screen like "Do you really want to do this?")...I wish they would add that to the Moonstone chests so people can have a chance to make sure they want to use them.

GamerSoul

Yep it shows up. The chest is usually a silverish color. I first noticed the diffrence when I couldn't open one.

Anyone know why it says I have 10 golden keys in shift but I have 0? Do I have to collect them from somewhere in game? Where are they!

Also you can only grind blue green and white? I have some purples I wanted to grind but it wouldnt let me :(

Yado

Sped through my first playthrough to get to TVHM and finished last night...did anyone get any Orange weapons from that last boss? I didn't get a single orange weapon from any boss throughout the game. Found 2 in the vending machines though.

Sped through my first playthrough to get to TVHM and finished last night...did anyone get any Orange weapons from that last boss? I didn't get a single orange weapon from any boss throughout the game. Found 2 in the vending machines though.

lvl 16 no oranges yet. A few purples a few blues :(

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Speaking of moonstones (totally a glitch, though not on the same level as golden keys):

Start a new char game. Get to char select screen, but quit out. Log into main. You will get both loyalty rewards. Maxed out ammo and bag space. Given the amount of time it takes, not really worth it for the chests.

Trickster

Anyone that have killed iwajira and gotten an orange item? After a handful of kills I've "only" gotten a ton of moonstones and 2-4 purple items per kill.

edit - Also, "E-GUN" is totally broke as fuck lol, good god dat dmg

SerTapTap

lvl 16 no oranges yet. A few purples a few blues :(

Saw an orange in a vending machine for the second time of my life. I was level 12 with $2k, it was $14k, more money than I've gotten all game. It was allegedly a good one according to my friend (I had never heard of it)

SerTapTap

The synth music and scifi themeing fits the series really well.

Yeah it's been really nice. Quite a bit of variety in environment considering the location too. I think they learned well from Borderlands 1. Also love the skybox, the slag scar on Pandora is so cool.

I'm 3-4 hours in and close to level 7 as Wilhelm. I've been doing side quests, so I've only completed a few story missions.
I just went on the rooftops to use devices to listen in on the Meriff.

So far, I like it, but not as much as the previous two. Borderlands blew me away and I fell in love with it. Two improved on a lot of things, but I still hold the original in higher esteem and have yet to fully complete its sequel. I got sidetracked with other reviews.

This one is good, and it's fine, but I'm still early on. It just doesn't have a wow factor as of yet. I also think that the Borderlands games would be more fun if they toned down the solo difficulty a bit.

petghost

Banned
Got a real strange legendary laser out of a vending machine.shoots out slow moving orbs which do great dot. Ultimate health gating tool. There is a essentially a grog nozzle quest item from springs early on to help that. the shotgun reward for the ice mining mission is amazing, freezes everything instantly.

freakzilla3000

I'm 3-4 hours in and close to level 7 as Wilhelm. I've been doing side quests, so I've only completed a few story missions.
I just went on the rooftops to use devices to listen in on the Meriff.

So far, I like it, but not as much as the previous two. Borderlands blew me away and I fell in love with it. Two improved on a lot of things, but I still hold the original in higher esteem and have yet to fully complete its sequel. I got sidetracked with other reviews.

This one is good, and it's fine, but I'm still early on. It just doesn't have a wow factor as of yet. I also think that the Borderlands games would be more fun if they toned down the solo difficulty a bit.

I find it getting better and better as I go along. I actually started to play as another character as well (I want to level up as many as I can) and playing through a second time, I found it to be a little better for some reason....

I will come back once i get to a higher level and give more of my opinion but it does get better as I go along. I think it's that I was just so used to BL2....

-PXG-

Just finished my first playthrough. I enjoyed that much more than I thought I would. The final boss felt more final bossy than the previous games. It definitely ties everything together and hints at what could be in Borderlands 3.

What do you guys think about the rumored on-disc dlc character that's on TPS?

I really... don't like this thing. I could understand the bazillion dlc they put into BL2, reasonable price/content relation, but on-disc dlc is something really unacceptable.

I hope 2K say something about this soon. Please be free, so we don't get mad.

Just because the character model is there, doesn't mean anything else is. They could have already had her look finished but are still working on her animations, skill trees, voice, etc.

NotLiquid

Been playing a bit after downloading it. Borderlands is always such a weird franchise to me, I tend to get really into the game's premises but usually find the game's an occasional tedium/grind. Usually it's the setting that inspires me to keep trucking, with the original being rather lackluster and the second one being a lot more fun. I think the concept of Borderlands in space has generally been a huge draw for me, and that just made me enjoy things a lot more this time around. Also love how involved the story is.

I hope I can convince a friend or two of mine to play it with me, I really like Borderlands co-op but rarely have the people available to play it with.

maouvin

What do you guys think about the rumored on-disc dlc character that's on TPS?

I really... don't like this thing. I could understand the bazillion dlc they put into BL2, reasonable price/content relation, but on-disc dlc is something really unacceptable.

I hope 2K say something about this soon. Please be free, so we don't get mad.

TechnoJacker @ se7ensins forum said:
The files and data for her is included in the next Borderlands Pre-Sequel update which is available on steam if you subscribe to the beta channel. While hidden until you purchase the DLC, its possible to force the game to play as her with some tinkering.

Doesn't seem to be on-disc.

And fuck timed missions.

They got nothing on the "collect x number of gear" missions ala the shield in bl2 or even worse the to arms mission in blps.

I'm leaving those for last. Fuck them.

there is apparently a roid shield in this game that makes it so u can one hit melee kill almost everything in the game. The only thing that takes two hits is the raid boss each form...not even joking

So my level 13 CL4PTR4P got this level 10 out of a slot machine. With the way my luck works this is probably the only gold gun I'll get out of the game (BL2 I only got 1 and it was from the fist low level boss in the game). lol :(

ygduwMw.jpg

So my level 13 CL4PTR4P got this level 10 out of a slot machine. With the way my luck works this is probably the only gold gun I'll get out of the game (BL2 I only got 1 and it was from the fist low level boss in the game). lol :(

Legendaries seem to be a lot more frequent in this game, they often appear in the shops.

Also, I think the gun is a reference to the conference call from BL2

MrDaravon

Played for about an hour or two tonight. Pretty much more of the same from Borderlands 2 which is both good and bad depending on your take on things. Not sure that I'm a big fan of the O2 thing at the moment; it doesn't realistically seem to ever be an issue, which then just begs the question why it's there to begin with? Also I really didn't like Jack's voice; not sure if it's the same actor, but sounds very different to me. Probably intentional, but it really bugged me; I actually liked his dialogue more than in Borderlands 2, but the voice itself is really outputting.

Far and away what bugs me the most is what they STILL haven't fixed - WHY DO YOU NOT AUTOMATICALLY PICK UP AMMO/MONEY/HEALTH FROM CHESTS YOU OPEN? Like, holy goddamn shit what are they doing over there. Drove me up the wall in Borderlands 2, and it's far and away my biggest complaint still. There's a million things to open, it's a completely unnecessary additional step, and I can't conceive of why it's still this way. Fucking baffling.

hoggert

Nisha is also OP as hell. She is too stonk :p

Yup, once you spec a shield or health regen skill for her... it's pretty much sprinting for a group of baddies, switching to a Jakobs, hitting F, and watching the drops fly everywhere in zero g.

Top Bottom