• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! |OT| GENDER EQUALITY!

Drazgul

E2mBSFN.png

sRdzntf.png

4WT5iZK.png

Pretty nice haul so far, shield dropped from Zarpedon, other two were random drop/vendor bought. The SMG is like having a nuclear hand grenade, since the throwing explosion is amplified the more bullets you have left. So fire one shot, throw, repeat. Stuff just gets obliterated (I was lvl 21 when I killed Zarpedon @ 25, easily). First I thought that Fire Leech was bugged with its pitiful damage, but apparently Leech was a legendary grenade in BL2 already - heals you instantly as it damages, instead of generating those little healing streams that fly toward you from the target.

-PXG-

Yup, once you spec a shield or health regen skill for her... it's pretty much sprinting for a group of baddies, switching to a Jakobs, hitting F, and watching the drops fly everywhere in zero g.

I'm in bed now but I'll take a pic of my skill tree setup tomorrow. I was able to easily solo the (ever so disappointing) raid boss. No sweat at all. Didn't even have to fight for my life once. That's how easy it was. Should have had fraps on. Might do it again tomorrow too. Hmmmm...

Mohasus

Oh shit I'm terribly underleveled.
Level 18 at chapter 10 against level 23+ enemies. :(

Seems like I'll have to do some side missions.

-PXG-

I decided to solo the raid boss again. Beat it again, but had to fight for my life a few times. YT upload it taking forever. I did get THIS though

s7gaTvP.jpg

iratA

oh god I'm stuck on the Red and Belly fight. My guns literally do NO damage.... what am I missing here?

Ok so turns out I had some sort of glitch. Googled it but couldn't find anything. Youtube helped me realize I had a glitch in the end. 2 Hours wasted on this bah! Hopefully this info might help someone else.

Mild spoilers but this is what is supposed to happen:

Red & Belly split into two and you can't damage Belly until you beat Red who is basically a floating Head.
This is what happened to me (again mild spoilers):

I died in the fight re-spawned at the save point, ran back in the room to continue the fight but only Belly was in there. Shooting him did absolutely nothing because you need to kill Red who should have been floating around at this point. Rinse and repeat he was nowhere to be found? Without Red you can't continue.

Solution:

'Save and Quiting' the game then hitting 'Continue' meant I had a fair bit of back tracking to do, but the fight reset and I was able to finish this mission.

petghost

Banned

This fight glitched for me although in a much less gamebreaking way. It decided that since belly was dead it ought to go into the aftermath story stuff but meanwhile red was alive and it was spawning infinite scavs.

Had a lotta little glitches throughout.

Etnos

Banned
I've been watching twitch streams of this, and its itching me real bad... still for some reason I think $60 its just to much for this one, not even sure why ...

v4skunk84

Banned
Are the physx less glitchy than borderlands 2?

They caused awful frame drops on PC for me. At launch of bl2 at least.

I've been running with physx on medium with a AMD card and a 2600K with constant locked 60fps.
Edit:With physx on medium in a 4 player game the fps drops to around 40 in intense battles. Much better performance than BL2.

cHinzo

Drop rates seem similar to BL2, but scaling has been fixed somewhat, so your lvl 20 epic won't instantly be outclassed by a lvl 22 blue. So stuff's still rare, but it'll last longer.
A lot more legendaries to be found in vending machines though.

DeSo

Banned
The humor in this game isn't doing it for me like BL2 which is kind of disappointing. Also I'm playing as Wilhelm and I feel he's lacking character.

Do love me some laser weapons though.

Tabby

Also I'm playing as Wilhelm and I feel he's lacking character.

From watching videos it does seem like Claptrap is one of the the only funny characters; but I've only played as Athena so.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The humor in this game isn't doing it for me like BL2 which is kind of disappointing. Also I'm playing as Wilhelm and I feel he's lacking character.

I started to pick him but now I'm glad I went with Athena. She's a fun character and in the other games I always picked the character with the turrent (Roland / Axton).

Tabby

Does anyone have a good build for Athena? Is the melee tree really all that worth it?
I'm only like lvl 9 so I'm not that far but I'm going down left and right tree.
Which I think is the elemental and the shield tree.

If you're a fan of melee I guess it could be worth it but I'd rather get better damage and have the shield attack multiple enemies.

maouvin

I wonder if this game will have loot room glitch like BL1 and BL2 lol

Someone on r/borderlands supposedly found a room with chests and vending machines that can be farmed by save/exit->continue. I didn't get there yet so I can't confirm (nor I know how efficient it is).
Here it is (spoilers)

What I really miss is New Haven farming from BL1 (before they nerfed the chests' loot table). Those were the days.

-PXG-

I better not have to reupload my video. It should be up soon :/

Since I liked this have so much, I went ahead and got the season pass. I'm sure it will be worth it.

bodine1231

Far and away what bugs me the most is what they STILL haven't fixed - WHY DO YOU NOT AUTOMATICALLY PICK UP AMMO/MONEY/HEALTH FROM CHESTS YOU OPEN? Like, holy goddamn shit what are they doing over there. Drove me up the wall in Borderlands 2, and it's far and away my biggest complaint still. There's a million things to open, it's a completely unnecessary additional step, and I can't conceive of why it's still this way. Fucking baffling.

Yes! I cant stand having to hold X arbitrarily for ammo and money,just give it to me automatically.

GamerSoul

Yes! I cant stand having to hold X arbitrarily for ammo and money,just give it to me automatically.

Agreed. I can understand their logic when we are playing in a group but when playing solo it should be easier. Iirc, you do pick up some of it when you sprint.

arimanius

I find the all the characters boring in a character development way besides Nisha. Which sucks since I'm enjoying Athena right now.

Lanrutcon

I find the all the characters boring in a character development way besides Nisha. Which sucks since I'm enjoying Athena right now.

Nisha is a psycho. Like, completely deranged. Makes all the other VHs look positively friendly in comparison.

Yes, even Krieg,

slop101

Banned
You know, playing Borderlands again (directly after playing a bunch of Destiny) makes Destiny's bullshit stick out even more, making me realize how chintzy it is. In just two play-sessions with Borderlands, I've already come across a handful of hilarious characters, almost a hundred varied guns (half of which are great), a bunch of noticeable power-ups, leveled up 7 times, and had some crazy firefights. While Destiny looks and plays nice, Borderlands is so much more generous with the swag, that it makes you feel like you're accomplishing something and actually getting somewhere, with no real lull in between missions.

You know, playing Borderlands again (directly after playing a bunch of Destiny) makes Destiny's bullshit stick out even more, making me realize how chintzy it is. In just two play-sessions with Borderlands, I've already come across a handful of hilarious characters, almost a hundred varied guns (half of which are great), a bunch of noticeable power-ups, leveled up 7 times, and had some crazy firefights. While Destiny looks and plays nice, Borderlands is so much more generous with the swag, that it makes you feel like you're accomplishing something and actually getting somewhere, with no real lull in between missions.

dont forget more enemy types in one area alone than the entirety of destiny... :)

can someone give me the button layout for the 360 controller please? trying to use a pad on my pc using xpadder, but dont know where to put everything.

Mohasus

Someone on r/borderlands supposedly found a room with chests and vending machines that can be farmed by save/exit->continue. I didn't get there yet so I can't confirm (nor I know how efficient it is).
Here it is (spoilers)

What I really miss is New Haven farming from BL1 (before they nerfed the chests' loot table). Those were the days.

It works but the loot is terrible, whites and greens only.

jrcbandit

So is Nisha or Athena a better solo character? Well I hope to do lots of multi in vault Hunter mode for levels 25+, but I also want someone very effective on their own. So far, I started an Athena playthrough with a couple of points in elemental skills.

Cat Party

Gotta say, this game is considerably more difficult than the prior games. Enemies are much more mobile and the vertical movement makes it harder to acquire targets. I don't mind the challenge, though.

REV 09

And you're actually doing stuff from a mission to mission stand-point. Destiny's gunplay and graphics are a bit better, but BL is a much better game.

Mistel

Banned
So is Nisha or Athena a better solo character? Well I hope to do lots of multi in vault Hunter mode for levels 25+, but I also want someone very effective on their own. So far, I started an Athena playthrough with a couple of points in elemental skills.
Both are effective solo but Nisha has the edge with her skill tree and the correct weapons. Athena is still very capable though.

slop101

Banned
I'm using Nisha, and while her perk is great, her melee attack is terrible. I'm comparing her to Maya in B2, where I recall her melee did some damage, but in B3, Nisha's whip doesn't seem to hurt even the weakest enemies much, if at all. Not sure if other characters have a stronger melee or not.

Top Bottom