• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

rambis

Banned
TBF they never showed the extent of which Nue could absorb chakra. Naruto is still rash enough to attack with a big move and get it turned against him ala Boruto the movie.

I liked this little climax though. Its insane that Boruto has dimension warping at the academy. And the eye lightning thing didnt happen this time. Is it not related?

CrazyDude

Looks like Gaiden might be adapted in August. Episode 19 is titled Uchiha Sarada, the same has the first chapter of Gaiden.

All things considered, the first arc was okay. It doesn't draw favourable comparisons to early Naruto, but it doesn't need to. It did a good job of characterisation and making me care about the characters a bit more than when I started out. I think the success of this arc is best measured in my reduced cynicism going forward. This is different and that's okay.

I did say Nature energy would be the answer, just not Taijutsu alone

Why not? Taijutsu worked against much bigger threats than Nue. It's a physical monster, enough blunt force trauma will kill it.

It's a summon born from hashirama experimentation. It probably has some kind of ability to absorb Natural Energy.

Danzō himself never demonstrated the use of natural energy. Then again, summons naturally use it so you might be right. Still strange that Naruto didn't even try though. In theory, overloading a creature or person with more natural energy than they're capable of balancing with their spiritual and physically energies should turn them to stone just as well.

The conclusion felt a little bit anticlimactic imo, but I was kind of expecting that.

It seems Sumire is going to another village, maybe Orochimaru's. I'm expecting to see her again in the future as an ally when there's a big threat against Konoha.

All things considered, the first arc was okay. It doesn't draw favourable comparisons to early Naruto, but it doesn't need to. It did a good job of characterisation and making me care about the characters a bit more than when I started out. I think the success of this arc is best measured in my reduced cynicism going forward. This is different and that's okay.

Why not? Taijutsu worked against much bigger threats than Nue. It's a physical monster, enough blunt force trauma will kill it.

Danzō himself never demonstrated the use of natural energy. Then again, summons naturally use it so you might be right. Still strange that Naruto didn't even try though. In theory, overloading a creature or person with more natural energy than they're capable of balancing with their spiritual and physically energies should turn them to stone just as well.

I already told you I don't remember Naruto's taijutsu alone having that big of a feat. You're going to have to refresh me.

I already told you I don't remember Naruto's taijutsu alone having that big of a feat. You're going to have to refresh me.

Sage mode Naruto was strong as shit, he stopped Pain's charging giant rhino summon in its tracks and then threw it sky high. I don't know if the stuff when he fought Kurama inside his mind counts but there too he picked him up by the tail and slammed him.

Parshias7

He flipped that rhino summon in Sage Mode during the Pain fight. And then didn't he punch out the dog in that same fight or something?

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Just what we needed, more prodigies with eye powers. Hard work hardly works, say Kishimoto and heirs.

LotusHD

Banned
This episode reminded me how corny the series can be at times. Boruto basically Talk no Jutsu'd the mark off of her lol

That said, glad Sumire's sticking around.

Yeah kind of a cheesy ending. I thought the way Boruto did it was good though. Pointing out how she actually seemed to genuinely care about the academy and people, and especially when making the comparison about how she's trying to do the same thing to the Nue that her parents did to her.

But all the overt "I'm going to save both sides!" banter from Boruto got kinda annoying. Then how he punched open the portal. Coulda just jumped through it like normal but nope it had to close on him so that he could punch through a dimension lol ok

As others have mentioned and I was alluding to, Naruto has several impressive feats of physical strength with Sage Mode.

He also deflected 5 Bijūdama in Bijū Mode and at times got the best of Madara and Kaguya, the latter in particular using his Five Tails' power for stream enhanced strength.

But I'd argue Naruto wouldn't even need to go beyond base mode, he's plenty strong as is.

As others have mentioned and I was alluding to, Naruto has several impressive feats of physical strength with Sage Mode.

He also deflected 5 Bijūdama in Bijū Mode and at times got the best of Madara and Kaguya, the latter in particular using his Five Tails' power for stream enhanced strength.

But I'd argue Naruto wouldn't even need to go beyond base mode, he's plenty strong as is.

But again, I'm not talking about with Sage Mode. When I say "nature energy", I'm referring to Sage mode. Nature energy is needed to activated sage mode.

I don't remember Naruto having any huge feats involving just his taijutsu by itself. Not on the level of taking out something like the Nue. His big hitting stuff comes form his ninjutsu and when he starts activating all those forms.

CrazyDude

Gaiden confirmed.

tumblr_oso3p4Tr7Y1wpjmk1o1_540.jpg

Khezu

Like 80% of what made Gaiden fun was the ride, already knowing the conclusion makes it a little less fun.

rambis

Banned
Like 80% of what made Gaiden fun was the ride, already knowing the conclusion makes it a little less fun.

Right albeit I guess anime only viewers will enjoy it. Gaiden overall is one of the most enjoyable arcs of the series.

Another fantastic episode. This show is just straight up crushing it. I love it.

Happy to see that the Class Rep still has Raikou with her. I'd be sad if that was the last we'd seen of Nue.

Pein

Banned
Boruto the movie spoiler

He told his pop that he already learnt how to master his other affinities, like water and lightning. So Boruto has three affinities: Water, Wind, and Lightning
I haven't seen the Boruto movies since it showed in theaters lol, it was so miserable too some little kid kept screaming about every tiny thing. I gotta get the bluray, I stil hate that he has Lightning though. A doofy ass kid like Boruto has 3 natures mastered and Kakashi said Sasuke struggled to master raiton as his 2nd nature at the same age.
Lame as shit Naruto had to fall back against Nue.

That thing shouldn't be a threat to him in the slightest.

So what if it can absorb chakra? He's got Sage Mode, he could turn it stone by allowing it to absorb his natural energy, and failing that, he's got ridiculous taijutsu.
I was thinking that too, just overload him with sage chakra.
This episode reminded me how corny the series can be at times. Boruto basically Talk no Jutsu'd the mark off of her lol

That said, glad Sumire's sticking around.
Yeah but it was well done enough that I enjoyed how it turned out, her dying would have been a good way to put some heart break in the story though.
Wonder if Boruto will be more prominent in this.
hope he isn't.

Again the art in this show continues to impress, the choreography during the fights were all so nice. Mitsuki vs sumire was so well done.

KHlover

Banned
Aww yiss. Hope they don't shoehorn Boruto into this and don't pull any punches with IT (capitalized "it", not Infinite Tsukuyomi btw).

Rejoice Sakura fans, this is when we will finally get Sakura's true introduction, instead of the current 6 seconds she got in total with two episodes.

So.. this is actually good? Should I watch any of the movies first?

The anime is before Boruto the movie and it seem maybe the anime will recap it via a similar DB Super route, so the only canon thing that is important is to watch THE LAST seeing as the current plot kind of revolves around it.

I would also say read the day Naruto became Hokage one shot but it seems they might recap that in two episodes from now.

I wonder where they are going to go after Gaiden.

I still want more pre graduation stuff.
post Gaiden will be graduation, but from there to the Boruto the movie stuff is up to Studio Pierrot to decide ift they want to fill it with more Genin missions.

Pretty much.

Need more Boruto, Mitsuki, and Shikidai doing generic missions and palling around before everything gets super serious.
That low key should've been the team lol. But of course previous generation teams have to mirror and one female per group blah

Galang

Banned
Wooo need more Sarada and co screen-time. As a main character Boruto is as boring as his father, though not as bad so far. I actually rather enjoy the slice of life feel of the series so far and it's the most enjoyable the series has been in pretty much a decade. Hopefully Sarada doesn't get as shafted as her mother did in the original series.

Top Bottom