• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Demoli

Gaiden confirmed.

tumblr_oso3p4Tr7Y1wpjmk1o1_540.jpg

I hope they retcon nothing out of this wild ride. Some of the most fun i had with naruto threads was reading the reactions to these chapters

I hope they retcon nothing out of this wild ride. Some of the most fun i had with naruto threads was reading the reactions to these chapters

I'm legit surprised I can't remember much of anything about the plot for Gaiden. I only remember parts
of the first chapter, Sakura getting mad at Sadara's question and punching the house into the ground, some mission with a bear (maybe that was the boruto movie even), and that's pretty much it

Pein

Banned
I love these academy days, it needs more time for the friendships to really build. If naruto had this amount of time with sasuke like grabbing food and solving ghost mysteries people wouldn't be so up his ass with saving sasuke 😭

VariantX

I love these academy days, it needs more time for the friendships to really build. If naruto had this amount of time with sasuke like grabbing food and solving ghost mysteries people wouldn't be so up his ass with saving sasuke 😭

These eps alone make this better than naruto overall to me. When shit gets real, it's gonna get heavy because they went and took the time to build those relationships up.

Pein

Banned
The best part is that Sarada gets her great design back.

Here is the question: does she lose it after we move back to Manga territory...
No, kishimoto adapted the anime style to his own, Pierrot isn't gonna switch up styles to follow that trash manga art

Pein

Banned
These eps alone make this better than naruto overall to me. When shit gets real, it's gonna get heavy because they went and took the time to build those relationships up.
Kishimoto and a lot of manga authors have the luxury of doing pointless shit when they start off. Shonen jump loves getting right into tournament arcs because they are battle manga after all. He even said he wanted to do more missions like the land of waves but his editor was like nah fam. Look how early my hero academia got to the tournament arc.

Whoops double post sorry bout that

Wild Card

Who is the most hated anime character, is it Sakura? Like for real though, she's so divisive and is in a super popular property. Even Kishimoto barely acknowledges her.

Pein

Banned
Who is the most hated anime character, is it Sakura? Like for real though, she's so divisive and is in a super popular property. Even Kishimoto barely acknowledges her.
No way is she even close to being that hated. I'm a Sakura fan and if shipping was anything to go by, which it shouldn't be but loads of people are.

That tucker guy from fma or Griffith are the real despicable people. I also fucking hate Blackbeard.

LotusHD

Banned
No way is she even close to being that hated. I'm a Sakura fan and if shipping was anything to go by, which it shouldn't be but loads of people are.

That tucker guy from fma or Griffith are the real despicable people. I also fucking hate Blackbeard.

Yea Tucker's a good choice. I don't feel like Blackbeard is that hated though. Like, Akainu would be more hated, and even then, I dunno, I never got the vibe that the OP villains were that popular in that way.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Kishimoto and a lot of manga authors have the luxury of doing pointless shit when they start off. Shonen jump loves getting right into tournament arcs because they are battle manga after all. He even said he wanted to do more missions like the land of waves but his editor was like nah fam. Look how early my hero academia got to the tournament arc.

Whoops double post sorry bout that
As much as I agree with the fact that the tournament arc was super super rushed, this is also definitely true. In any creative medium you need to prove yourself before you can really let your work shine outside of what publishers, editors, producers etc. think is marketably safe. Now consider that within the context of the cutthroat manga industry and it applies one hundred fold. Sucks, of course, but that's how it is.

As much as I agree with the fact that the tournament arc was super super rushed, this is also definitely true. In any creative medium you need to prove yourself before you can really let your work shine outside of what publishers, editors, producers etc. think is marketably safe. Now consider that within the context of the cutthroat manga industry and it applies one hundred fold. Sucks, of course, but that's how it is.
Makes you wonder about one piece tho. Must of just clicked instantly over there because if were honest it starts way slower than naruto and Mha

Wild Card

Well when I say hate, I mean to say the sheer number that hate her, not a ratio of people who hate her vs love or are indifferent.

I used to hate Sakura, but I'm pretty indifferent now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to throw this out there, what do you guys think of Sasuke leaving the village, what it did to his character? I bring it up because I was watching early Naruto I remember how much I actually liked him as a character and rival, and how it all went away when he became an antagonist.

You wanna know the worst part? The moment Sasuke came back to the village and was an ally again he immediately reverted to that same cool likable character to me, so Kishi never lost the ability to write him that way, he just chose not to.

brinstar

If Sasuke sticks around in the village later on this show I really hope they have some more scenes of him hanging with his family. I'm surprised he hasn't had much of an interest in training Sarada.

Pein

Banned
Yea Tucker's a good choice. I don't feel like Blackbeard is that hated though. Like, Akainu would be more hated, and even then, I dunno, I never got the vibe that the OP villains were that popular in that way.
I don't even hate Blackbeard like he's some real villain or anything, I just hate his design he looks like a fat fool and now he's a yonko

Also I hope konohamaru is showcased as a good sensei who can really teach them some neat stuff.

random25

Honestly, I don't get the excitement over Gaiden. I mean, maybe
fake
NTR is the hotness nowadays, but other than that there's really nothing significant added to the story. I'd rather see a different Sarada-related arc that is more involved with her peers and a different kind of enemy rather than what we got in the Gaiden. Sarada deserves a clean slate and does not deserve being involved in another Uchiha (Sasuke) drama. The hilarity of Gaiden in the first half is good though, I give you that.

Darn the teams could have been better, Metal was such a weird choice for MItsuki and Boruto team ( I wanted Shikdai!!!), they could have mixed things up with not having Ino Shika Cho on the same team again :(

Im glad we are going into Kaguya's peoples origins though, fresh interesting content will be great for expanding Shippuden.

The new ED animation is so much SasuSaku, painful to watch (Poor Sarada).

MY favorite part was Naruto escapaing at night to see Sasuke, SasuNaru lives.

KHlover

Banned
Learning more about Kaguya's people is so... Ugh.
Ya, I'll just stick with Orochimaru from waaaay back in pre-timeskip Naruto here.

Bunch off fools who kept living in the past and were annihilated as a result. Shame about Kimmimaru though. The End.

So Boruto's eye name is Jougan.
BorutoxSumirexSarada is going to happen and it will be glorious.
Sasuke is fucking back.
New ending is nice.

Fj0823

Love the DB Super approach where the movies are not getting retconned but instead will be adapted to the anime.

But the movie retellings are easily Super's lowest point and soured a lot of people on it.

A shame cause the original sagas are just great

Ravelle

I just started watching and it's pretty nice so far, the kids seem a little forced though and bit dumb they're all just miniature version of the old characters and the combined looks of the parents. They look more like clones than Orochimaru's actual experiment DNA clone.

That said, they're fun characters and I like Baruto more than Naruto around that age. It's just nice to watch that show without episodes being 80 percent flashback. I hadn't watched Naruto in like 6 months and all I had to catch up was 30 minutes of the actual show because I could skip all the flashbacks and filler stuff.

Also, Rock Lee's son is called Metal Lee and I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Parshias7

I guess that answers the question of whether or not they'll be adapting the movie.

I just hope they use pieces directly from the film rather than reanimating it (worse) like DBS did. There are some seriously amazing pieces of animation in the Boruto film.

LotusHD

Banned
lol my mind goes blank every time one of them is on screen, I don't know their names, motivations etc. I just don't care. They're all boring.

Exactly...

But the movie retellings are easily Super's lowest point and soured a lot of people on it.

A shame cause the original sagas are just great

It's a bit different for Boruto since we never got to see Sarada's whole thing animated, so if they don't fuck it up, I suppose it could be enjoyable.

I guess the series will eventually head to them traveling to the Ootsuki homeworld and fighting them or something.

What happened to this series lmfao

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Yeah...they could totally skip the movie stuff. At the end, nothing really changed except Boruto's respect for his dad and that' story arc has been the best part of the series. I also totally forgot that Boruto can summon Nue. So IDK if that changes the movie stuff.

brinstar

What happened to this series lmfao

I mean, that's the only direction I can see them heading in but I hope they just resolve it quickly because I don't find the Ootsuki to be interesting characters at all.

It's funny, for the longest time my prediction was that chakra and the rinnegan and shit came from aliens but I just imagined them to be long dead or whatever. I don't find the way they've been implemented so far to be satisfying.

Can we talk about this goth girl.

Yeah...they could totally skip the movie stuff. At the end, nothing really changed except Boruto's respect for his dad and that' story arc has been the best part of the series. I also totally forgot that Boruto can summon Nue. So IDK if that changes the movie stuff.
In the manga
he gets a Otutski curse mark
Also the otutski remind me of Saiyans.

Can we talk about this goth girl.

In the manga
he gets a Otutski curse mark
Also the otutski remind me of Saiyans.

This is why I wanted Sumire dead, actually...

Like, you have a goth kid and a shy girl wearing a classic school uniform-like clothes. Those things look totally out of place in this series imo. It's a shame they decided to keep Sumire there. Maybe she'll team up with Genki and Iwabe once they graduate.

Cool thing they're going to adapt the manga about Sarada (and Chocho) and, I think it's safe to say they are going to expand the manga adaptation of the movie as well.

Also, Boruto's eye is reacting to something, so it's going to be probably absent for a while until the fight against Kinshiki and Momoshiki.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's gonna be like two years before we get to that flash forward, isn't it

MartyStu

This is why I wanted Sumire dead, actually...

Like, you have a goth kid and a shy girl wearing a classic school uniform-like clothes. Those things look totally out of place in this series imo. It's a shame they decided to keep Sumire there. Maybe she'll team up with Genki and Iwabe once they graduate.

Cool thing they're going to adapt the manga about Sarada (and Chocho) and, I think it's safe to say they are going to expand the manga adaptation of the movie as well.

Also, Boruto's eye is reacting to something, so it's going to be probably absent for a while until the fight against Kinshiki and Momoshiki.

Wait, is Sumire still doing the schoolgirl thing?

Watched the latest: I guess so. Hopefully the writers drop that shit post-movie arch.

Although it is much more likely that she is quickly forgotten.

Well everyone wore whatever they wanted when they were part of the academy
On top of that we are in a new era with video games and burgers so people wearing whatever they want makes sense. Plus more kids from other backgrounds entered the academy like what Denki said due to its prestige and using the skills for other things besides regular ninja stuff. They change their outfits after becoming a genin.

Top Bottom