• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Xetherion

I broke down and bought more gems last night. Did 4 more pulls.

4* Zelnite L, dupe, but Lord type so better than the Guardian I got before.
4* Lebra O, dupe and Oracle type plus I don't ever see myself using more than 1 Lebra, so I fused it to my Lebra B
4* Homosubi A, finally a strong Fire unit, and Anima type, nice
4* Elza B, FINALLY GOT MY ELZA! Only took 10 pulls, and I never got Arius or Garnan. But getting only 1 out of 3 I'm glad it was the best one. I could have done a few more pulls to try for Arius but I'm going to save my remaining gems for Hogar.

Phades

Anyone been to app invasion lately to look at the BB and leader skills of shida's group?

Assuming it is accurate, they seem like they went from kind of lame units to pretty nice ones. Dat shida though... Potentially OP given how global works with elemental weakness damage and modifiers to it.

Shouta

Damn, I think I accidentally fused or sold my Phee. =/ I knew I hsould've put her in a squad to prevent it. Oh well.

Shouta

She wasn't a fave, she was one I was working on for the hell of it, lol since I got her. I just wanted to get her 6th star form since that was just released, lol.

Oh well. Probably wouldn't have used her anyway. =P

Corgi

Banned
so fucking glad i still have my shida from way back when.

Eradicator Shida
LS: Increases ATK of all units by 25% and reduces damage from Light element by 15%
BB: 25 combos dark element attack to all enemies (400%). (34 BC)
SBB: Adds all elements to all allies for 3 turns and increases BB gauge(10 BC increase). (46 BC)
Lord stats: 5904 | 1901 | 1595 | 1822
IMP stats: +750 | +300 | +300 | +300
Normal hit: 13 hits (26 max BC generated)

dont like using the r word, but damn he's gonna do some damage in FH with that SBB.

KemoSabe

Vargas in crusade of six heroes is just ridiculous...
How much HP does this sucker has?
A Million?
Wasnt even remotely able to beat the first round.

My Team:
Kagutsuchi lv80
God tree eltri lv80
Ultra blade aem lv93
Goddess Emilia lv63
Evil kajah lv80

Phades

so fucking glad i still have my shida from way back when.

dont like using the r word, but damn he's gonna do some damage in FH with that SBB.

One thing to consider specifically in regards to shida. In global, the elemental phase changes are impacted by increased elemental weakness buffers from units like mare and (if nothing changes) Maxwell.

Let that one stew for a bit. Also, shida has the biggest modifier on an AOE on the regular BB so far.

Just let yourself say the forbidden jargon, it will probably feel better when you do.

Corgi

Banned
One thing to consider specifically in regards to shida. In global, the elemental phase changes are impacted by increased elemental weakness buffers from units like mare and (if nothing changes) Maxwell.

Let that one stew for a bit. Also, shida has the biggest modifier on an AOE on the regular BB so far.

Just let yourself say the forbidden jargon, it will probably feel better when you do.
yeah 2 maxwel lead and shida is gonna break stuff.

Xetherion

Is the new Rare Summon Event today bugged? Did 4 pulls trying to get Hogar, and 2 of them were Arius and Garnan from the last event...

Xetherion

it's not bugged, it's on "normal" mode. It doesn't have increased anything.

It's not normal mode, they released Hogar/Faris/Orwen early. It's their rate up plus Super Rare Summon. But for some reason I got the units from the last rate up event, Arius, Garnan and another Elza (did some more pulls and got her again too).

Xetherion

All of them are reasonably good, but only Elza comes close to being a "must have" kind of pull, especially when looking at the batch that follows this one.

Crap, you say this after I spend a bunch of gems to get Elza?! What's the batch that follows this one?

Corgi

Banned
next has kuda (23 hit aoe, 100% attack boost 40% crit hit rate boost for 3 turns) and rogen (lilth 2.0).

Anything else decent?

Got myself an Ahvel today. Trying to figure out how to use it in any of my things.

broz0rs

I miss the days when BB was useful. Nowadays SBB is mandatory. I think the majority of the time I spend in this game is fusing trash to level up SBB. It's a good thing burst frogs can be pulled in honor rolls now. I just hope they can spawn in dungeons soon.

Corgi

Banned
I miss the days when BB was useful. Nowadays SBB is mandatory. I think the majority of the time I spend in this game is fusing trash to level up SBB. It's a good thing burst frogs can be pulled in honor rolls now. I just hope they can spawn in dungeons soon.

seems like newer units is changing things a bit. like for example Shida 6* has a 3turn buff move for SBB, and his attack move is BB, so you have mix them up to be effective.

Phades

next has kuda (23 hit aoe, 100% attack boost 40% crit hit rate boost for 3 turns) and rogen (lilth 2.0).

Anything else decent?

Got myself an Ahvel today. Trying to figure out how to use it in any of my things.

Basically the whole batch is great. Just some are better than others like kuda (basically michele +sgx in a single unit), rogen (thunder lillith basically and can solo trial 1), and Naruza (felenus/darvenshel/lily matah chimera style character) stand out the most.

http://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/2hafwo/new_units_jpbf/
For reference:

Fire - Urukina

Lord Stats: 5955/1911/1902/2000
Hit Count: 9 (18 drop checks total)
LS: 15% reduced BB cost, +25% ATK to all units

BB10: Heals 2300-2600 + 122.5% REC, Cures status effects. 18 BC fill

SBB10: 17 hit AoE (17 drop checks per target) +450% damage modifier, Cure all status effects, 3 turn status immunity. 42 BC fill.

Note: Cheapest regular BB heal on an RS unit, most cost 20.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Water - Kuura

Lord Stats: 6024/2001/1852/1983
Hit Count: 8 (16 drop checks total)
LS: +30% HP and 200-400 + 10% REC regen each turn

BB10: 12 hit AoE (12 drop checks per target) +250% damage modifier, instantly fills 8 BC on other squad members. 28 BC fill.

SBB10: 16 hit AoE (16 drop checks per target) +450% damage modifier, +115% ATK buff for 3 turns, 4 BC regen for 3 turns. 48 BC fill.

Note: ATK buff matches Michele and the damage portion beats hers, but the fill requirement's 15 BC higher and hit count is slightly lower

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earth - Tia

Lord Stats: 6085/1800/1984/2022
Hit Count: 10 (20 drop checks total)
LS: 25% DEF to all units, 50% more HC effectiveness

BB10: 2300-2600 + 122.5% REC heal, 1800-2100 + 10% REC regen for 3 turns. 20 BC fill.

SBB10: 4000-4500 + 122.5% REC heal, 2200-2300 + 10% REC regen for 3 turns, 4 BC regen for 3 turns. 35 BC fill.

Note: Strongest raw heal in the game when including the regen portion. Strongest regen heal in the game at SBB. Strongest BB-level regen heal. Strongest BB-level raw heal bar Tilith.

Thunder - Rogen

Lord Stats: 6072/2314/1903/1599
Hit Count: 1 (20 BC checks total)
LS: 15% chance to Ignore DEF, +100% crit damage

BB10: 1 hit Single Target attack (18 drop checks total) +540% damage modifier, 80% weakness chance. 13 BC fill.

SBB10: 1 hit Single Target attack (30 drop checks total) +620% damage modifier, refills own SBB after attack. 42 BC fill.

Notes: Crit damage LS = 4-star Zebra in JP, BB/SBB is basically Lilith but in a single hit. Slightly lower BC gen than Lilith on SBB, but much easier to spark every hit. Does a lot more damage than her due to higher ATK.

Light - Naruza

Lord Stats: 6105/1950/1950/1950
Hit Count: 16 (32 drop checks total)
LS: 10% chance to reduce incoming damage by 20%, +40% BC effectiveness.

BB10: -50% incoming damage for 1 turn; Status Immunity for 3 turns. 22 BC fill.

SBB10: -50% incoming damage for 1 turn; Status Immunity for 3 turns. Regenerate 5-6 BC when taking damage for 3 turns. 43 BC fill.

Notes: BC effectiveness LS = 5-star Uda/Felneus etc. BB and SBB are a bit more expensive than Oulu/Darvanshel alternatives, but this guy generates a ton more BC on regular attacks.

Dark - Kuda

Lord Stats: 6031/2278/1823/1734
Hit Count: 15 (30 drop checks total)
LS: 20% reduced BB cost

BB10: 18 hit AoE (18 drop checks per target) +250% damage modifier, 70% ATK buff for 3 turns. 28 BC fill.

SBB10: 24 hit AoE (24 drop checks per target) +450% damage modifier, 100% ATK buff for 3 turns, 40% crit buff for 3 turns. 48 BC fill.

In all honesty though, i think it would be better for the game in general if the 6* forms of Agni, Ziz, Karl and co, and Mifune's groups get the 6* treatment before this batch gets released to global. This group in general just seems really OP and pushes the power creep hard.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
All of them are reasonably good, but only Elza comes close to being a "must have" kind of pull, especially when looking at the batch that follows this one.

That said, I don't think there's any content that *requires* a particular unit. It's why I always skip a few batches of characters before rolling for new ones.

Corgi

Banned
That said, I don't think there's any content that *requires* a particular unit. It's why I always skip a few batches of characters before rolling for new ones.
yeah.

atm the only 'must haves' for later content imo are Darvanshel/oulu for that damage mitigation. Tree for heal/status effect clearing.

i imagine lily matah is baller for 1 enemy bosses as well, but not a necessity.

Phades

I skip batches more out of neccesity to rebuild gems and try to target the stuff that seems to have the largest impact. That set in general is going to make a signifigant impact. Although I doubt I'm going to grab many of them, if any at all given my luck in general. It won't stop me from trying though.

Although trying to do trial 3 without a damage reducer seems like it would be a lot more challenging than it would need to be otherwise. Trial 4, same deal really. Arguments for raid content occur here as well. Outside of those components, the game is fairly flexible in viable builds. It just becomes a matter of getting a correct combination of characters going. Personally, I think the BB spam builds that create active pseudo healing through HC spam and augmentation intruiging even though I don't have the units to attempt it. Although the days of dedicated support units seem to be a thing of the past relatively speaking since both healers and support units have had attack components attached to their skills since michele's batch effectively.

yeah.

atm the only 'must haves' for later content imo are Darvanshel/oulu for that damage mitigation. Tree for heal/status effect clearing.

i imagine lily matah is baller for 1 enemy bosses as well, but not a necessity.

More or less, although Urukina basically obsoletes the tree. The active status prevention would have to come from elsewhere, but with those fights that really need it the bosses also tend to wipe out buffs anyhow making that buff somewhat of a thing rendered to being irrellevant to a degree.

Naruza being a wedge for both lily matah and the damage reduction spot even though lily is better at pure BB charging.

I mean, you don't have to have them all, but it certainly makes team building a hell of a lot easier.

Corgi

Banned
I guess the core issue i have is im still having issues surviving with my bb spam team doing the chronicles stuff at lvl2 or higher.

hmmm... will work on my crit team now that i caught zebra.

I guess the core issue i have is im still having issues surviving with my bb spam team doing the chronicles stuff at lvl2 or higher.

hmmm... will work on my crit team now that i caught zebra.

I wouldn't be worried about have survival issues on the Chronicles stuff.

Even the best party in Global has to get lucky to not have to use a gem or two on that stuff. It's designed that way.

Corgi

Banned
I wouldn't be worried about have survival issues on the Chronicles stuff.

Even the best party in Global has to get lucky to not have to use a gem or two on that stuff. It's designed that way.
Yeah, which sucks. But the spheres you can get are pretty game changing, especially lances which given to a status effect remover pretty much makes all status immune leaders useless.

Phades

New vortex dungeon Trial of the gods. It looks like it is slated for 6 days.

3 dungeon trials with 3 fights each. 25 energy per.

These are hard, similar to the legend vortex dungeons.

Bring ignore defense, since a few of the enemies are really overly stacked defensively. In some instances comically small amounts of HP.

Enemies are resistant to crit. This means it is possible to crit (sgx+havok/gelnite+dilma), but the crits are far less likely to happen.

Bring status removal/prevention, there is a lot of them floating around paralysis and curse on a couple important fights.

Some of the enemies heal for large amounts. A team tilting towards sustainable damage would be recommended.

Some of the enemies have instant death effects. Moody crystal is one of the fights.

They are not mono element.

The enemies use new/newer effects such as damage reflect, taunt, stealth, and drain BB.

Tread carefully.

Corgi

Banned
gah 6 days is not a lot of time to gear up and level up my Tree that i've been too lazy to do :(

Guess im pretty happy that i got a Raydn though. Glad def ignore has its usage.

At the very least you could always brute force your way through with gems :X

Phades

gah 6 days is not a lot of time to gear up and level up my Tree that i've been too lazy to do :(

Guess im pretty happy that i got a Raydn though. Glad def ignore has its usage.

At the very least you could always brute force your way through with gems :X

Yeah, probably on the gem thing. I've read about folks getting stuck on a fight because they get locked into a curse/healing loop that they weren't able to break out of.

I haven't been able to clear all of it myself. I lack key ingredients that are ready for something like that.

----

Unrelated to the above. Apparently there is also an anime tv series in the works for brave frontier. See below.

http://e27.co/brave-frontier-publishers-to-file-for-ipo-before-2014-ends/

Be VERY careful with attempting to gem your way through.

If you pick the wrong team to try you can get stuck in a place where you can't win no matter how many gems you spend.

It took me 4 tries to beat level 1, and on my 3rd try I would never have succeeded because survival was not an issue but I simply wasn't doing enough damage to overcome healing.

On try #4 I had enough damage to win, barely. It still took me like 150 turns to win, as I was barely outdamaging the healers self-heals, and I had no shot to outdamage the heals on the "tank" slime.

I don't have any leveled up ignore defense guys and when I tried to use the sphere it never happened.

Corgi

Banned
that 1 week limit is BRUTAL.

need to get a lily matah and tree and something else leveled up. fuck.

thank god there is 3min/energy now.... but still, need to get mat and other jazz.

really enjoyed that weiss fight, my luly finally had some use. trial 3 is arguably easier than the second one. if not for that psycho mage (didn't bring def ignore unit). this dungeon event was very refreshing, hope they release more.

Xetherion

I have been trying to get Dark totems since this event with the dungeon open every day started. I've gotten 1 Dark totem in that entire time, while I got 6 Light totems. Troll game...

I have been trying to get Dark totems since this event with the dungeon open every day started. I've gotten 1 Dark totem in that entire time, while I got 6 Light totems. Troll game...

It's that desire sensor in action. I know because I've been trying to get a Light Totem and have acquired 5 dark ones.

Weird. I've gotten 3 of each, more or less, during my totem runs all week; iirc, one occurrence I ran into both during one run.
I guess my desire for them was pretty low even though I have a few light and dark units still need to evolve.

Wish I had some luck capturing certain pots and idols when I really need them.

The Level 3 trial is a total joke compared to the first two trials, and is the only one that's easy to just gem through.

How odd of a decision.

Trial 2 is bizarre. Need to be super defensive to beat wave 1, but a super defensive party will never kill wave 3.

Lrrr

To owners of Brave Frontier,

I attended NYCC and received some sort of freebie for this title, but since I don't own it, it's of no use to me. It's a code for a free max level 'Megurine Luka' character. I was going to toss it in the trash, but I figured someone here might want it.

First person to PM me gets the code.

HomesIice

I attended NYCC and received some sort of freebie for this title, but since I don't own it, it's of no use to me. It's a code for a free max level 'Megurine Luka' character. I was going to toss it in the trash, but I figured someone here might want it.

Done. Fingers crossed!
---

Could I get somebody's opinion on Logan in a questing/arena team

I'm thinking of maybe replacing him with a Lily (when she gets her 6*), lilith, Elimo, Grah and others that I can't list at the top of my head

Lrrr

The code has been claimed by Birgitte2004.

Since the code was handed out at NYCC, I'm wondering if it's a generic one that can be used multiple times. Quote this post to see the code and try it for yourself. If it works for everyone, then great!

EDIT: The code has been claimed by Birgitte2004.

I do wonder if the code can be used multiple times since it was given out at NYCC? Hmm...

Code redeemed, and thank you very much.

broz0rs

Could I get somebody's opinion on Logan in a questing/arena team

I'm thinking of maybe replacing him with a Lily (when she gets her 6*), lilith, Elimo, Grah and others that I can't list at the top of my head

Logan is somewhat of a dilemma because he's a very powerful unit by himself and has a strong leader skill. The problem is that there's other units that are a lot more preferable. The best example is if you choose him as a leader, you can't use the handful of extremely valuable dark units because of the rainbow criteria. But I suppose if you don't have these other units, then Logan is a very good choice for your team no matter what role he is.

LupusWarrior

Neo Member
The code has been claimed by Birgitte2004.

Since the code was handed out at NYCC, I'm wondering if it's a generic one that can be used multiple times. Quote this post to see the code and try it for yourself. If it works for everyone, then great!

does it work for everyone?

LupusWarrior

Neo Member
I really think my game is glitched or my RNG is just terrible right now. I have honestly done the Miku dungeons around 15-20 times and I still haven't gotten her. I've done level 3 about 4 times and the other levels an equal amount. Still no Miku. Today is the last day so pretty rattled I didn't get her. Luckily people on my friends list use her and Luka as their leaders. Maybe I will win the facebook contest :)

Xetherion

I really think my game is glitched or my RNG is just terrible right now. I have honestly done the Miku dungeons around 15-20 times and I still haven't gotten her. I've done level 3 about 4 times and the other levels an equal amount. Still no Miku. Today is the last day so pretty rattled I didn't get her. Luckily people on my friends list use her and Luka as their leaders. Maybe I will win the facebook contest :)

I had to run the level 3 5 times to get her, just keep trying. The lower levels' capture chance is significantly lower so don't run those anymore. Also don't feel bad if you miss her, she gets outscaled once you get 6* units anyway.

Corgi

Banned
I had to run the level 3 5 times to get her, just keep trying. The lower levels' capture chance is significantly lower so don't run those anymore. Also don't feel bad if you miss her, she gets outscaled once you get 6* units anyway.

depends. she's still quite a formidable arena leader in the current metagame.

Top Bottom