• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

So I just beat the Earth Crystal boss and am about to do the Vampire sidequest, and I wondering if there's any good way to grind jobs past level 9 at this point, or if I just wait until Chapter 5 and beyond.

just grind Ninja to level 4 if you haven't already, go to town and get that vampire job, then move on to chapter 5, which has much better grinding spots (after picking up all available genomes of course :p)

CLEEK

So I'm towards the end of Chapter 3, and my two magic users are way behind in damage output to my two physical attackers (Pirate and Valkyrie). Is this going to be the state of affairs for the rest of the game?

Should I just keep a healer and have three physical attackers? Or does the damage output of level 5 black magic (which I've not been able to buy yet) make them worthwhile again?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So I'm towards the end of Chapter 3, and my two magic users are way behind in damage output to my two physical attackers (Pirate and Valkyrie). Is this going to be the state of affairs for the rest of the game?

Should I just keep a healer and have three physical attackers? Or does the damage output of level 5 black magic (which I've not been able to buy yet) make them worthwhile again?

Equip stuff that increases your MAG ATK. Even dual wield. You won't be attacking with the weapons "physically" so it won't really affect you with the penalty.

this isn't really obvious, but for magic you should cast reflect on your whole party and then bounce spells off of the reflects for massive damage
of course, this does require a white mage

CLEEK

this isn't really obvious, but for magic you should cast reflect on your whole party and then bounce spells off of the reflects for massive damage
of course, this does require a white mage

I've got the Reflect ring equipped on 3 of my party. Would that do it?

Equip stuff that increases your MAG ATK. Even dual wield. You won't be attacking with the weapons "physically" so it won't really affect you with the penalty.

If I dual weld a couple of rods, will that mean I get to do 2 magic attacks per turn?

I've got the Reflect ring equipped on 3 of my party. Would that do it?

well the 4th person also needs reflect, unless you're willing to hit your 4th party member with your own spells

If I dual weld a couple of rods, will that mean I get to do 2 magic attacks per turn?

nah you just get a magic attack boost

and also, one thing about black magic that's overlooked: due to their passive, Black Resonance, they're more powerful in groups

Wazzy

Banned
I'm really loving everything so far. The Knight job is awesome and auto battle makes grinding soooo much easier. I've just reached the
desert area
and have been working on buying new spells and equipment. I wonder what the next job I'll acquire is.

One thing, though. Was Agnes dropped as a child?

weevles

I just started this game, still in the Prologue. Does it matter who does what job? I'm assuming no. Right now I just have two people doing monk and two people doing black magic, although it seems like I don't really need the mages this early in.

I just started this game, still in the Prologue. Does it matter who does what job? I'm assuming no. Right now I just have two people doing monk and two people doing black magic, although it seems like I don't really need the mages this early in.

Not really, but some people are better at jobs than others due to their starting stats. Agnes will be a better mage character than anyone else (as probably expected), and does not do that great with physical attackers. The rest of the cast can pretty much do any job just fine.

Not really, but some people are better at jobs than others due to their starting stats. Agnes will be a better mage character than anyone else (as probably expected), and does not do that great with physical attackers. The rest of the cast can pretty much do any job just fine.

however, keep in mind that this stat difference is really completely negligible (if it doesn't matter in a low level run, it definitely doesn't matter in a normal run)

B.K.

I'm having a hard time in Chapter 6. I'm thinking of just using the Growth Egg and quickly grinding to 99. I just want to hurry to the end.

spiritfox

Pierce M. Def also boosts magic damage drastically. Combine that with a Spiritmaster with the element amp and Salve Maker with the element weakness combination and you can hit damage caps quite easily.

Lombax

Banned
Could someone explain to me how I can make changes to this screen? I'd like to change the class and I would figure at level 41 I should have more power?
This screen vexes me.

20140218_225536.jpg

Could someone explain to me how I can make changes to this screen? I'd like to change the class and I would figure at level 41 I should have more power?
This screen vexes me.

[IM]http://s29.postimg.org/w1vc87l9j/20140218_225536.jpg[/IMG]

Are you doing a battle and putting "summon friend" then "send" with a new attack?

Also are you updating your data? You do it right under "Save" in the save menu

bumpkin

Are you doing a battle and putting "summon friend" then "send" with a new attack?

Also are you updating your data? You do it right under "Save" in the save menu
What he said.

This screen vexes me.

20140218_225536.jpg
The power is based off what action (or attack) you send. During a battle pick "Summon Friend" and then "Send." Now choose whatever action it is you want to be sent to your friends. This will update the character, power, equipment and action on that profile to whoever you send it as, whatever it dealt, and whatever they currently have equipped.

As for changing the little message, I think that's hiding under the Config menu somewhere.

hey bro's i'm still early in the game, i just beat chapter 1 but i'm running into a bit of an issue. i'm right after the part where that black knight guy fucks up the ship and it can't fly anymore. so i'm in the desert area where you did the wind/water quest and it shows a blue dot on the city (indicating an optional quest) but i go into the city and there is nowhere in the city that will start this quest. i talked to every NPC in the city but nothing starts the quest. anyone know what the issue is? i don't want to miss any job gems!

B.K.

Chapter 6 spoilers

I managed to beat a couple crystal bosses. Then, I broke the a crystal to go for the bad ending.

hey bro's i'm still early in the game, i just beat chapter 1 but i'm running into a bit of an issue. i'm right after the part where that black knight guy fucks up the ship and it can't fly anymore. so i'm in the desert area where you did the wind/water quest and it shows a blue dot on the city (indicating an optional quest) but i go into the city and there is nowhere in the city that will start this quest. i talked to every NPC in the city but nothing starts the quest. anyone know what the issue is? i don't want to miss any job gems!

Hey buddy, if you see a sub quest icon over a town on the world map but then it goes away once inside the town, then you have to enter it at night. You can just sit still right outside the town until it changes and then run into the town.

weevles

Agnes is smartest, Ringabel is fastest, Edea is strongest.
Not sure about Tiz. Probably most balanced.

Cool thanks. Am I cheating myself by constantly bringing in Street Pass characters to help me in Boss Battles? I think early on, I'm ok because I'm about level 13-14 and still haven't finished the Prologue. Not sure how this will affect me later in the game though.

Breezed through chapter 5 by the skin of my teeth. Any tips on grinding sports for JP in Chapter 6? I want to level up some of the new jobs I got.

Also, story wise? WTF!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Breezed through chapter 5 by the skin of my teeth. Any tips on grinding sports for JP in Chapter 6? I want to level up some of the new jobs I got.

Also, story wise? WTF!

Island NW of Florem. It has a beach, icy area, and a grassy area. The rafflesia give a ton of JP.

Also, story wise? WTF!

Before grinding, try to do the sub quest to get a new job. It has an ability to auto win those battles.

I just started chapter 5.....will I still be able to do the
Vampire sidequest
or is it gone now =/

Ah son of a bitch, looks like its gone =/

just got to chapter 6 guys. Not gonna lie I think I've lost almost all interest. I might finish chapter 6 and simply read/watch the other chapters.. Because
I have no desire to struggle through the same bad guys over and over again

just got to chapter 6 guys. Not gonna lie I think I've lost almost all interest. I might finish chapter 6 and simply read/watch the other chapters.. Because

just stop doing those fights until chapters 7 and 8
you shouldn't have done the chapter 5 fights in the first place

actually:
HEY EVERYONE, WHEN YOU GET TO CHAPTER 5 DO NOT DO ANY OPTIONAL BATTLES!

FryHole

Chapter 6 is
where the main story develops, then the sub quest boss battles greatly improve in 7 (and should probably be considered post game content in 8, they're incredibly difficult). If you're going to do any skipping, chapter 6 sub quest bosses is probably the best option.

actually:

Maybe do one or two to
get that "... did he seem different to you?"
experience?

I'll give it a rest for now and come back to it later. But holy shit. I don't know who decided this was a good idea. It's like the cheapest fucking tactic you can use in a video game to make it longer, and this game does it without any shame. Which it should have.

Tohsaka

I think I'm starting to get bored with the game in chapter 5. From what I read (spoilers for future chapters kinda)
the next two chapters are very similar as well.
It just seems kind of lazy to me to do something like that, even if there are storyline reasons for it. My backlog is starting to pile up and I'm thinking of just switching to easy mode and stearmolling through the rest of the game. I've done every sidequest so far and like the game as a whole, but it feels over-long. I had the same experience with the latest Mario & Luigi as well.

Astarte

actually:

Really? I blasted my way through the boss fights...did I just mess up? I swear if I have to
fight Barras again
I'll scream.

Dreavus

In chapter 2 at the moment.

Charm is fucking brutal when it hits a fast party member with lots of BP saved up. My (minor job spoiler)
spell fencer/merchant
silenced my own black mage and then used Pay to Play on the Boss to make his critical hit rate ridiculous, using MY money!

I ended up using Bravely Second for the first time (!) to get the charm off next time before anything bad could happen. So much shit can go wrong when your own party member is attacking you!

Top Bottom