• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Fandangox

What jobs are good against the Vampire? I'm planning on Ninja spamming him, but is there anything better?

The Templar has a skill that shields the entire party from a physical attack, its useful against Derosso as it won't be able to attack you. Have a performer just in case he sucks BP out of your Templar. You will know when he will use his attack as he usually uses BP suck first. Try to keep your party at full HP too, as he has one attack that does more damage the less HP you have.

Holy crap, I don't go to the main menu much, since it's a 3DS game, but I just noticed what happens to the sub-title text "Where the Fairy Flies" after a certain point in the game.

Love's Vagrant best song, but live version needed more accordion.

Holy crap, I don't go to the main menu much, since it's a 3DS game, but I just noticed what happens to the sub-title text "Where the Fairy Flies" after a certain point in the game.

I can't believe they rearranged the letters to spell
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Got the growth egg and am leveling up jobs now

Dark Knight is beastly

Black Mage/Arcanist
Salvemaker or Spiritmaster (whatever it is)/white mage
pirate/dark knight or dark knight/spell fencer
swordmaster/ninja

Syrus

Banned
Guys IM confused. I can't build anymore in norende, they are all running around and alot of nemesis are there.

how do I get back to building?

Matriox

Does it really get that bad half way through? I just can't see how.

Only one way to find out I guess.

I was wondering the same thing until I hit chapter 5, now I feel like its a chore to open my 3DS to play. Its still fun but I just feel a little overwhelmed with stuff I don't really want to do.

Like, there really is no other way to describe Chapter 5+ except that it just sucks. Literally every part of the game gets worse. I would advise just cheesing it with ninja, free lunch + pirate, and eventually hasten world + high jump because the games balance really goes out the window as well.

Jeez, I dread Chapter 5 after reading all this stuff, lol. I'm 65 hours into the game, nearing the end of chapter 4.
Finished the Vampire sidequest and am on my way to the earth crystal now.
So I assume I will be on Chapter 5 shortly. But right now, I love the game a lotttt - the battle system is great, the job system is probably my favorite incarnation of a job system, the music is fantastic, the characters are decent (Agnes is annoying sometimes), the sidequests are incredibly well done (I wish more RPGs had those - it's a real side story with cutscenes, bosses, and even completely new areas/dungeons with great rewards), and while I don't think the story is super amazing, I'm at least interested in seeing where it goes.

So I'm really curious how I'll feel about the game once I start Chapter 5. I have an idea of what I'm gonna have to do based on a few posts, but I dunno.

Jeez, I dread Chapter 5 after reading all this stuff, lol. I'm 65 hours into the game, nearing the end of chapter 4.
Finished the Vampire sidequest and am on my way to the earth crystal now.
So I assume I will be on Chapter 5 shortly. But right now, I love the game a lotttt - the battle system is great, the job system is probably my favorite incarnation of a job system, the music is fantastic, the characters are decent (Agnes is annoying sometimes), the sidequests are incredibly well done (I wish more RPGs had those - it's a real side story with cutscenes, bosses, and even completely new areas/dungeons), and while I don't think the story is super amazing, I'm at least interested in seeing where it goes.

So I'm really curious how I'll feel about the game once I start Chapter 5. I have an idea of what I'm gonna have to do based on a few posts, but I dunno.

Dude I feel ya. I loved this game so much, but then Chapter 5 and 6 hit and all the fun, charm and uniqueness gets sucked right out. I want to go on, but it's just such a chore.

End of Chapter 4 question about jobs:

Do I need to finish the sub quest where you fight the 6 dragons BEFORE going into the light?

Effect

All this talk about people starting to hate the game at the end is worrying me. I already opened my copy too. :( I really hope it's not a situation where everyone eventually feels this way. I don't remember the cast of 8-4 complaining about the end of the game and those that played it seemed to really enjoy the whole thing.

Matriox

All this talk about people starting to hate the game at the end is worrying me. I already opened my copy too. :( I really hope it's not a situation where everyone eventually feels this way. I don't remember the cast of 8-4 complaining about the end of the game and those that played it seemed to really enjoy the whole thing.

Its still fun, its just a chore it feels like. The first 4 chapters have made the game purchase worth it to me personally.

Meier

3x Automoton is wrecking the shit out of my level 32 party. This sucks. :(

Edit: Cheesed it a bit and bought a ton of Zeus' items and spammed them. Barely made it but I did. Phew.

duckroll

I've been hearing about people shit on the latter half of the game for over a year now!

Like, there really is no other way to describe Chapter 5+ except that it just sucks. Literally every part of the game gets worse. I would advise just cheesing it with ninja, free lunch + pirate, and eventually hasten world + high jump because the games balance really goes out the window as well.

yep. What's that? You want to be creative with your team arrangement? Lol NOPE BETTER HAVE cheap combo!

Okay that's good to hear, I don't really have any 3ds friends so I was hoping it was just something optional that helped improve gameplay.

"Improve" is even arguable. I suspect the game is actually better if you ignore that stuff. About halfway through my current game, I strongly considered restarting the game and ignoring all the social stuff.

Dreavus

So how important is it to have friends for Abilink and those summoned abilities? Only a couple of hours in.

Summoning people can be done even with no added friends. Instead, you can "net invite" random people online. Go to "update data" at the adventurer (after choosing save) and you'll get some friend summons to use. They can be helpful on bosses, sometimes too helpful.

You can also still use Ablink with one of your characters, because the game gives you a "friend-bot" to use abilities from even with no added friends. I still haven't used the feature though.

Wazzy

Banned
LOLLL

I sent for a friend to help me on a boss and they one shotted it. Oh friend summons.

Do you lose anything if you do that?

You can just ignore it, why would you need to restart the game to do any of that?

I had my reasons. Not particularly good ones, which is ultimately why I just kept playing. My problem wasn't even with summon friends and abilinks. I rarely summoned friends and only had one good abilink (though that was an all max friend). It was fully restoring Norende and grinding the money to buy everything in the first quarter of the game that made me want to go back and play the game not having done that. Well, maybe I'd still level the shops, since I do like the outfits.

wait, Susano-O?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ AMMY OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Top Bottom