• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Draxal

Okay guys, I'm looking for a little advice. I'm nearing the end of Chapter 3 right now and everything is still wonderful but this thread has me worried about what's in store. Without any significant spoilers, what are some tips for how to approach the later chapters? Which side stuff should I do and which should I avoid? I'm hoping the rest of the game won't spoil what has been a truly wonderful experience thus far but given the sentiments in this thread I'm a little concerned.

Um ... I love the first four chapters and all, but it's like reading the Wells report bad if your a Dolphins fan bad.

Wazzy

Banned
Just finished restoring the
windcrystal.
Now I'm trying to figure out where this side quest is pointing at town.

Edit: nvm I got it! It had to be night time.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Just started ch 5 as well

WELL THIS SOUNDS LIKE FUN

What exactly do those 200k armors for each of the characters do, anyways?

Also, Chapter 5:

Why do only some of the sidequest bosses give exp upon death? Out of the 4 I've done so far, only 1 has given exp.

Oh and are there any good places to grind for exp/jp on the overworld in Chapters 5+? Most of the enemies I've come across give low-ish exp/jp so far.
I've only fought enemies near the first town and Ancheim, though

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Also, Chapter 5:

Why do only some of the sidequest bosses give exp upon death? Out of the 4 I've done so far, only 1 has given exp.

They're just different costumes.

And no idea.

webrunner

I want to grind some cash to get epic 10k norende equipz, I'm in chapter 4
central command
.. should I wait? will there be a better spot.. getting 3k per battle here abouts.. and i dont have access to an elixir mammon :/

Leezard

Also, Chapter 5:

Oh and are there any good places to grind for exp/jp on the overworld in Chapters 5+? Most of the enemies I've come across give low-ish exp/jp so far.
Easier grinding place :
On the fire continent, everything is undead so healing spells/phoenix downs make short work of them.
Harder grinding place:
Near Florem, you get more exp/JP, but you carry a higher risk of dying.

Easier grinding place :
On the fire continent, everything is undead so healing spells/phoenix downs make short work of them.
Harder grinding place:
Near Florem, you get more exp/JP, but you carry a higher risk of dying.

Thanks for the tips! :)
Do the enemies on the world map stay the same throughout Chapter 5-8? Or do they get harder in the later chapters? Basically wondering if I should wait to grind until Chapter 7 or something rather than now.

Also, Chapter 5:

NONE of the sidequest bosses give out exp or gold, only some (i.e. Heinkel, Artemia, Praline, etc.) have other enemies there that do

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I maxed out my characters levels and a ton of jobs in chapter 5+
outside Florem using one or two Black Mages with the Swordmaster skills and the Max Black Magic (double MP cost but much higher damage) ability from the Arcanist job. Brave 3 times and use Free Lunch (no MP cost), then 3 Firagas. Then you turn on autobattle and grind away. Worked really well for me. I used Abilink on them though.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Wow you guys weren't kidding about the exp/money/jp outside
Florem
. Very good. :eek:
Don't forget to buy the Golden and/or Growth Egg accessories from the Adventurers shop if you can buy them. Golden gives double pg but no xp or jp, Growth gives no pg but double xp and jp.
I recommend buying the Golden Egg (200000pg) first, then save up for the Growth Egg (500000pg).

Question about the regular ending and true ending:

So just to make sure I know how to get them... Based on what I've read, you destroy one of the crystals when you are spam pressing the X button? Does that just lead you into the regular ending? Does it put you back before the crystal after the ending? And to get the true ending, you have to keep releasing the crystals, right?

Don't forget to buy the Golden and/or Growth Egg accessories from the Adventurers shop if you can buy them. Golden gives double pg but no xp or jp, Growth gives no pg but double xp and jp.
I recommend buying the Golden Egg (200000pg) first, then save up for the Growth Egg (500000pg).

I actually already have both! :) But thanks. Although I'm actually not using either right now because I want both exp/jp and money, too. I guess I could just grind for both with each accessory. I'm not sure how much money I need anyways.

Question about the regular ending and true ending:

So just to make sure I know how to get them... Based on what I've read, you destroy one of the crystals when you are spam pressing the X button? Does that just lead you into the regular ending? Does it put you back before the crystal after the ending? And to get the true ending, you have to keep releasing the crystals, right?

I just did that, you'll be right before you destroy the crystal so don't worry.

I just did that, you'll be right before you destroy the crystal so don't worry.

Cool, and it doesn't matter if you do it in Chapter 5 or whatever?
Does it spoil something that you shouldn't know yet? Might be a dumb question since it's an "ending" of sorts, but... you know what I mean, lol.

Niraj

I'm enjoying chapter 7. The boss battles are fun, and it's cool getting some new items.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Does it spoil something that you shouldn't know yet? Might be a dumb question since it's an "ending" of sorts, but... you know what I mean, lol.
I think once they discuss the possibility of destroying a crystal, you should be all right spoiler/plot-wise. I don't know if it's even possible to destroy one before that.
What chapter you destroy one in doesn't matter.

2San

I recommend doing it in chapter 6 after 3 crystals and visiting yulyana. Even though the game dropped enough hints to put everything together, after visiting Yulyana everything is explicitly told and a character even suggest to "disobey".

Another tip is not to skip the bosses in chapter 7 you can steal some good stuff there.

I recommend doing it in chapter 6 after 3 crystals and visiting yulyana. Even though the game dropped enough hints to put everything together, after visiting Yulyana everything is explicitly told and a character even suggest to "disobey".

Another tip is not to skip the bosses in chapter 7 you can steal some good stuff there.

Gotcha.
I might wait until Chapter 6 then.
Thanks!

Wazzy

Banned
What level did people start
Miasma Woods at?
I'm doing pretty bad in it which is making me think I need to grind for a little.

Navy Bean

Is this game (plus Fire Emblem) worth getting a 3DS XL for? I owned a DS and generally didn't like the controls for action games or platformers but did for RPG/Strategy/Puzzle games. For example, I tried The new Zelda demo but hated the loose controls. Love JRPGs though.

2San

Is this game (plus Fire Emblem) worth getting a 3DS XL for? I owned a DS and generally didn't like the controls for action games or platformers but did for RPG/Strategy/Puzzle games. For example, I tried The new Zelda demo but hated the loose controls. Love JRPGs though.
I'd say no, but I never liked the Fire Emblem games and I would never buy a console for one game. Bravely Default is a really good game, but it isn't something to buy a handheld for. That said the 3DS has a good amount of quality games, so you can't go wrong with owning a 3DS.

Weiss

Banned
Vampire's castle is kicking my ass. Whether it's the Cerberus' Payback or fire breath, or the succubi charming me, or all the bats just attacking in one go, I've been dying constantly.

I half expect Lord DeRosso is just going to shove his boot up my ass from the word go.

Tohsaka

Vampire's castle is kicking my ass. Whether it's the Cerberus' Payback or fire breath, or the succubi charming me, or all the bats just attacking in one go, I've been dying constantly.

I half expect Lord DeRosso is just going to shove his boot up my ass from the word go.

Use an Arcanist/Black Mage combo. Cast Sleep on the dogs/bats and then use Twilight to instantly kill them.

colinp

Banned

I'd say yes. Both Bravely and FE are meaty experiences that are well worth your time (even if BD wears out its welcome at some point, there are other parts of it that keep it worthwhile). The 3DS library also has some gooooooood stuff, including JRPGs like SMT4 that are similarly meaty.

AwShucks

So, what has been the average time to finish the first four chapters? Cause from what I've been reading I'm probably just going to consider that the end of the game.

So, what has been the average time to finish the first four chapters? Cause from what I've been reading I'm probably just going to consider that the end of the game.

I'm not sure about the average, but it took me 65~ hours, lol. I was very slow and grinded fairly often. Really took my time with the game. If I had to guess, the average would be something like 30-40 maybe?

---

Question about gear... For the heavy hitters like
Dark Knight/Valkyrie/Pirate/etc
, are Strength gear/accessories better or agility? For
Ninja/Thief
, I assume Agility is the best, right? Is DEX the best stat for any job?

Niraj

Got all the compounds out of the way. That's the abilities section completed at least.

Busaiku

Alright, maxed all the classes, got the true ending, got all the Genomes/Combinations, beat all the Nemesis, got all the costumes,
beat the adventurer

Didn't get all the weapons/armor/accessories, but the only ones I'm missing can be bought anyways, so I can call it quits with this.
Just in time too.

Alright, maxed all the classes, got the true ending, got all the Genomes/Combinations, beat all the Nemesis, got all the costumes,
beat the adventurer

Didn't get all the weapons/armor/accessories, but the only ones I'm missing can be bought anyways, so I can call it quits with this.
Just in time too.

Damn man! That's awesome

I accidentally read your spoiler when quoting you. Is that a HUGE spoiler?

Damn man! That's awesome

I accidentally read your spoiler when quoting you. Is that a HUGE spoiler?

no it's a completely optional battle
also hey Busaiku did you beat the New Year's nemesis after you stopped using Comet
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Busaiku

I dunno how close I was to beating it with Comet.
It was going on for like 30 minutes, I had to have been close.

But yeah, I had to use Meteor.

Top Bottom