• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

burgerdog

Guys, I really don't think I can do all of the sub quests in chapter 5-7? I usually try to do everything in a game but this is just too much. Is there a page with dialogue before and after the battles somewhere?

i think this game is way to easy to grind (so far). Im just grinding while working and I'm almost level 40 and in the VERY early part of chapter 2

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Speculate does work with specials. If you send out a move using speculate though, be aware that there is a 50% chance it'll do no damage if a friend summons it.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Speculate does work with specials. If you send out a move using speculate though, be aware that there is a 50% chance it'll do no damage if a friend summons it.
Ohhhh, that's why a Special I received did nothing despite having an absurdly high number.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Ohhhh, that's why a Special I received did nothing despite having an absurdly high number.

Yup. I sent out one using speculate the other day to the tune of 400k, and a couple friends told me it did 0, so I looked it up. That also means that if you send out one with speculate that does 0, there's a chance it will actually do a fair amount of damage.

colinp

Banned
Ch 4 help!
vampire quest- am I crazy? How do I get to the dragons/shrines? I can't use my airship, right? I'm so confused!

i should have access to my airship, right? How come I wouldn't?

Nevermind, had to go to open ground, hah.

duckroll

With all the stupid dragons out of the way, I guess I can finally tackle the chapter 4 sub scenario now. Goddamn that was a real drag. They didn't even have any unique models as a set. They were all palette swaps of the -normal- dragon! Lulz.

rugioh

Banned
I'm finishing up Chapter 4 but I think the way this game has to be played after this chapter is to dedicate leveling to the good grinding spots and to turn off encounters otherwise.

Syrus

Banned
I need help

Guys IM confused. I can't build anymore in norende, they are all running around and alot of nemesis are there.

how do I get back to building?

I need help

Guys IM confused. I can't build anymore in norende, they are all running around and alot of nemesis are there.

how do I get back to building?

You can always build so long as you have spare residents.

Do you have workers still on projects? Have you finished all the projects already?

What's the number like in the bottom left corner? It should be something like 5/6, where you have 6 workers--5 not doing anything and 1 doing something.

Okay guys, I'm looking for a little advice. I'm nearing the end of Chapter 3 right now and everything is still wonderful but this thread has me worried about what's in store. Without any significant spoilers, what are some tips for how to approach the later chapters? Which side stuff should I do and which should I avoid? I'm hoping the rest of the game won't spoil what has been a truly wonderful experience thus far but given the sentiments in this thread I'm a little concerned.

TnK

My CE arrived in excellent condition, awwwww yeah!

Really great looking CE. Then again, I really love anything black with a silver/gold backdrop. Quite the beefy amount of content too.

Not gonna start the game anytime soon though. I want to clear some games up before starting it. How is the game since a good number of people finished it by not, is it good?

So I've been grinding right outside of the first town in chapter 4 and its going pretty well (finally maxed a couple of jobs), but are there *much* better places later on to level up jobs? I don't want to sit here too long if that is the case...

Also, why couldn't they make a damn egg that gives up exp in order to double jp and money, that is the egg i really need...

Oh and is 4 support ability points the max, or will I get any more? I feel like 4 is just a tiny bit too suffocating once you start getting 3 point skills...

So I've been grinding right outside of the first town in chapter 4 and its going pretty well (finally maxed a couple of jobs), but are there *much* better places later on to level up jobs? I don't want to sit here too long if that is the case...

Also, why couldn't they make a damn egg that gives up exp in order to double jp and money, that is the egg i really need...

Oh and is 4 support ability points the max, or will I get any more? I feel like 4 is just a tiny bit too suffocating once you start getting 3 point skills...

Yeah, there are better grinding places later.

For eggs, the Growth Egg should suffice--it doesn't do exactly what you want, but it gives you JP (the hardest thing to get) in exchange for pg.

You can also slap on the Freelancer's JP x1.2 to get 240% JP gain.

Syrus

Banned
You can always build so long as you have spare residents.

Do you have workers still on projects? Have you finished all the projects already?

What's the number like in the bottom left corner? It should be something like 5/6, where you have 6 workers--5 not doing anything and 1 doing something.

its been like 48 hours. They are running around franticly. Do the nemesises take over or something?

Quick Question: Getting the abilities for Jobs such as "more money" doesn't work unless you select it correct?

Or is it passive since you're on the job.

I assume it's the former.

I've been just grinding jobs most jobs are at 9, currently level 43, still on Chap 2. lol

Loco4Coco

I just got Rampart and it's saving my ass so far, is there a magic variation of Rampart? Cause I'm really having trouble with group magic attacks.

Leezard

I just got Rampart and it's saving my ass so far, is there a magic variation of Rampart? Cause I'm really having trouble with group magic attacks.

The closest is probably one of the Spirit Master skills that makes the whole team immune to elemental damage.

Busaiku

Seriously, getting the break the crystal ending was so annoying.
I was tapping X for like 15 minutes before she finally did something.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Just spent 800K on fancy clothing instead of getting the growth egg.

What's wrong with me?!

So I finally started Chapter 5.

Questions:

So from what I've gathered based on some random comments people have said, is Chapter 5, 6, and 7 the same thing? You have to go back and awaken the crystals 3 more times each? And I'm not sure how sidequests work (since I am not to that point just yet in Chapter 5). Do all the sidequests return with the exact same cutscenes and dialogue? Is there any point in doing them again besides more exp and possibly stealing better items? If all the sidequests come back 3 more times (Ch5, 6, 7), would it be better to just wait until Chapter 7 to do the sidequests and get better items? I'm just not sure how all this works. Quite the baffling design decision to do the game like this if you ask me.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So I finally started Chapter 5.

Questions:

So from what I've gathered based on some random comments people have said, is Chapter 5, 6, and 7 the same thing? You have to go back and awaken the crystals 3 more times each? And I'm not sure how sidequests work (since I am not to that point just yet in Chapter 5). Do all the sidequests return with the exact same cutscenes and dialogue? Is there any point in doing them again besides more exp and possibly stealing better items? If all the sidequests come back 3 more times (Ch5, 6, 7), would it be better to just wait until Chapter 7 to do the sidequests and get better items? I'm just not sure how all this works. Quite the baffling design decision to do the game like this if you ask me.
There is variation in scenes, especially in 7, but yeah, if you don't want to see them, go ahead and skip them. 7 has the good items to steal also IIRC. Do them each chapter if you want to see everything.

There is variation in scenes, especially in 7, but yeah, if you don't want to see them, go ahead and skip them. 7 has the good items to steal also IIRC. Do them each chapter if you want to see everything.

Hmm..
I will probably do them all every chapter because I want to see everything story-related, but this is probably the worst case of padding I've ever seen in a game. That said, there's still a lot to love about the game (especially Chapters 1-4).

keiichi

its been like 48 hours. They are running around franticly. Do the nemesises take over or something?

Have you cleared the roadblocks that need to be handled before the other shops are accessible? Is everything max level? Maybe the town is just complete?

Top Bottom