• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

"Are there no men capable of a satisfying performance?"

BDFF_Holly_White.png

Well darn if I wouldn't like to try.

Probably just as well this was the last post on a page, as opposed to being the first post on the next page.

That scene gave me a chuckle too.

andylsun

Picked the regular game up at lunchtime, couldn't find the CE.

Hope to start playing tonight.

Friend Code: 4468-1543-2080

Will add the others I see in this thread.

Busaiku

BDFF_Holly_White.png

Probably just as well this was the last post on a page, as opposed to being the first post on the next page.
Yeah, I'm really liking all the bosses so far.

Cuburt

BDFF_Holly_White.png

I noticed her dialog was quite full of innuendo, maybe even before she dropped that line. lol

It was funny to me that they made her a white mage. Her personality traits were pretty much the opposite of what I'd think a white mage would be like, but maybe that's the point since the monk guy was just a meathead. lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
When it's not end-of-the-world stuff the dialogue is pretty great so far, though I still don't get all the awkward contractions everywhere.

Also I guess all the people who were complaining about no feet in FE are over that now.

APeacefulPanda

Neo Member
Anyone else whose CE from Amazon came today smashed up beyond belief? It really pisses me off because this isn't the first time this has happened to me; my CE of Killer is Dead is also smashed up because Amazon shipped it in an envelope.

I know for a fact there's ways to prevent this, as my copy of Kid Icarus came in a small box wrapped in air bags and Dark Souls came in a super hard cardboard sleeve. I'm also a Prime member so really there's no reason for this. The whole point of a collector's edition is to set it on the shelf and show it off, who the hell wants to look at a fucked up box all day?

I just picked up my two copies of the collector's edition from Best Buy. Now that I have them in my hands, I don't want to open them... I want to sit on them and sell them in a few months. These are nice enough that they'll bloat in price like the Kingdom Hearts ones, I think.

What say you GAF? Do you I just put them in a closet and buy the digital version instead?

terrisus

I just picked up my two copies of the collector's edition from Best Buy. Now that I have them in my hands, I don't want to open them... I want to sit on them and sell them in a few months. These are nice enough that they'll bloat in price like the Kingdom Hearts ones, I think.

What say you GAF? Do you I just put them in a closet and buy the digital version instead?

keeblerdrow
Future CEO and Billionaire

zroid

Banned
Silly me. How would I do that?

Simple: just suspend the game at any time when you would like to take a snapshot, then open Miiverse, which should automatically take you to the BD community, create a post and click the attach screenshot icon (you'll have to choose whether to use the top screen or bottom screen).

To fetch the image, login to http://miiverse.nintendo.net and find the post you made, then you'll see the screenshot. If you want to get the url for the image, you might need to look at the html because the image won't let you right click on it.

So for those who have been playing a good bit already, how is the English dub? Based on review footage (as well as previews) for the game, it doesn't sound very good to me. I'm really tempted to play with Japanese voices for this game.

Cuburt

I'm not all that far into the game, but, man, am I loving it so far.

I hope the story really captures what I loved about the old Final Fantasy games because so far everything else is hitting the right notes with flying colors.

The music, the costumes, the dialog, the beautiful hand-drawn looking backgrounds, the gameplay, I really hope this is a success because I really want the sequel to also make it over to the west.

Soul Beat

I'm just gonna leave this here. FC 3566-1628-5922 Let me know if you guys add me.

Game's so good. Though the pigs guard things like to gang up on me quite a bit.

terrisus

Having auto save off puts you in a dissadvatge. By using auto save you can save between floors in dungeons.

Really? That's odd they would do auto-saves there, while not giving you the opportunity to do a regular save there with auto-saves off...

pariah164

My FC is 1934-0839-3882. PM if you add me and tell me your own code so I can add you back. Not sure how many spots I have open, but I'll clear some out if need be.

Just picked this up, I was gonna add people but it's spread across 7 pages X_x

Maybe the OP can add a Google doc or something for people who want to to exchange codes for the game?

Here's mine anyway pm me if you add me.
0259 1115 6640

White Man

In regard to streetpass for games--does the person I'm streetpassing with have to be playing the same game in order to get benefits? Like, if I pass someone that doesn't have BD on their DS, do I still get bonuses when building my town or whatever?

RPG

In regard to streetpass for games--does the person I'm streetpassing with have to be playing the same game in order to get benefits? Like, if I pass someone that doesn't have BD on their DS, do I still get bonuses when building my town or whatever?
I believe they'll need to at least have the BD Demo. Whenever you streetpass, you'll exchange whatever data for the games in common between the two systems.

Gaz_RB

can't find the ce anywhere :(

He took them all :(

Leeness

:( My DS is at home charging today because I was building Norende all night.

Sad I can't play on the bus home today... :'(

I'm at about 8 hours in though from over the past couple days.

Effect

These stories about Amazon.com and the collectors edition have me worried now. I can put in an order while they wait on their stock situation. Just hope mine doesn't come damaged as well.

I still have Pokemon X to play and I still need to go back and finish up Fire Emblem after being pulled away by SMT IV and Zelda. So a wait shouldn't be a problem. .

Frolow

Banned
Few questions about the Nemesis bosses:
  • Are they permanently lost if you beat them?
  • Are there exclusive ones that Square Enix sends out?
  • Is there a list of them anywhere?

Top Bottom