• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

What does accuracy do?

Ranger class has a 100% accuracy ability, and I'm guessing it allows me to maximize damage output? This should be good with weapons that have low accuracy right?

Accuracy/Aim maintains your number of hits. So if your maximum is 10 hits, you'll do 10 hits more often. It's especially important against enemies with Evade.

Agility is what determines your max. number of hits.

Kalm

Damn, this game is ridiculously addictive. I had my 3DS next to me during the entire Titanfall beta so I could check/update Norende in between matches.

If anyone's looking, I'm sending Mammon (JP w/ Elixer!) via Homepass right now:
Code:
SSID: attwifi
MAC: 00:A2:8B:E2:71:3E
It took me forever to find one so I figured I had better pay it forward :)

turnbuckle

Just started the game. Have zero friends on 3ds. Not sure if there's a different thread for it, but my friend code is 2449 5210 5966. I need to make some friends :(

demidar

Accuracy/Aim maintains your number of hits. So if your maximum is 10 hits, you'll do 10 hits more often. It's especially important against enemies with Evade.

Is there a formula that determines max number of hits?

LProtag

Took a break to play Danganronpa, gotta get back into this.

Sadly I'm not super interested in the story, I wish it was a little more developed and interesting.

About the optional dungeon (ch6+):

If I do it in the "Finale" chapter (the one you get if you break the crystal), does progress transfer over back when you return to the game after seeing the ending? Or will I have to do it again when I try for the True Ending? like if I go in and collect all the items/beat the boss, will I keep all the items when I return to the game after the ending or no?

Just started the game. Have zero friends on 3ds. Not sure if there's a different thread for it, but my friend code is 2449 5210 5966. I need to make some friends :(

To be honest it's not really necessary. Friends aren't used in Norende village, just for summoning in battle. You can get more villagers for Norende by streetpassing or updating your data once per day (you'll get 3 extra villagers a day simply by updating).

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
About the optional dungeon (ch6+):

If I do it in the "Finale" chapter (the one you get if you break the crystal), does progress transfer over back when you return to the game after seeing the ending? Or will I have to do it again when I try for the True Ending? like if I go in and collect all the items/beat the boss, will I keep all the items when I return to the game after the ending or no?

You keep everything, and the chests don't reset

Zekes!

Damn! How many villagers did you have???

I only have 44-49 villagers. Despite not playing the game proper, I always had my 3DS close so I could manage Norende

I was in the same situation. By the end of chapter 2, I had bought everything I wanted from the shop, except the ridiculous stuff, without any extra effort or grinding, or even using Merchant. The weapons and armor weren't even that impressive to me at that point, compared to the village shops.

That's pretty lame if the Norende equipment is nothing special that early in the game

Is there any benefit in
re-battling the job asterisk bearers
in chapter 5 ? Because if it's just for the experience and Jp i can actually earn a lot more in a few minutes outside of florem than in those battles...

njean777

I heard they disappear but come back later. For the Mill quest, you have access to the Mill (at night) after you awaken the crystal.

I know, I just got my ass kicked when I went there. So I just continued on with the story until I level up a bit before I go back and try it again.

Sorian

Banned
I know chapter 5 is when grinding really opens up but are there any good spots at the beginning of chapter 4? There are a couple jobs I want to knock up to level 6 or so and I didn't want to waste too much time.

I feel incredibly stupid, but how do you get past (optional dungeon)
B9 of the optional dungeon? There's a locked door that leads to the stairs going to floor B10, and I thought there would be a lever or hidden passage, but I can't find shit. Starting to get irritated.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I know chapter 5 is when grinding really opens up but are there any good spots at the beginning of chapter 4? There are a couple jobs I want to knock up to level 6 or so and I didn't want to waste too much time.
Outside the bed in the castle
I feel incredibly stupid, but how do you get past (optional dungeon)
B9 of the optional dungeon? There's a locked door that leads to the stairs going to floor B10, and I thought there would be a lever or hidden passage, but I can't find shit. Starting to get irritated.
only true end

Fandangox

Is there any benefit in
in chapter 5 ? Because if it's just for the experience and Jp i can actually earn a lot more in a few minutes outside of florem than in those battles...

There's no much point since they don't even give EXP. They flesh out the characters just a little, but its not much in Chapter 5.

Chapter 7/8 You will want to do all optional sidequests to steal from the bosses. They have good items.

Is there any benefit in

Storyline, especially to prevent Kamiizumi from dying in Ch 6

Mothman91

So what does the number of hits mean? Your maximum damage output?

Does anyone have a recommendation for the difficulty setting?

I think Normal is fine for most of the game. There might be a few difficulty spikes, but if you run into trouble, you can always change the settings in the menus.

---

Chapter 7:

Damn, the sidebosses here are no joke. It'd be one thing if it was just one vs one, but they are 2 and 3 vs you. At least so far - I've only done the black mage/knight/monk battle which was pretty rough.

Also, is it normal for my monk to be best with no knuckle weapons? I mean, it happened several times during the earlier parts of the game, but I'm at the end, and I have all the knuckle weapons according to the journal, but even the best one is -6 P.Atk compared to bare-fisted.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Does anyone have a recommendation for the difficulty setting?

I have been playing on Hard since Ch.1, I'm on Ch.3 now. Once you unlock the Angel Bow from the Norde town shop... You can blow by enemies. I put it on hard after that point and never looked back.

I highly recommend playing on Hard if you plan in using the Norde village weapons early on by using a lot of villagers.

I have been very happy with the difficulty balance in playing this way so far. In Ch.2 and now 3 I have had some intense and fun boss fights. There have been multiple boss encounters where I was murdered, and then just by changing jobs and abilities... I got better and died again. Then perfecting a strategy, I could win. Its been a lot of fun. I have immensely enjoyed the game on hard. I can't recommend it enough, I would feel like I was really missing out on fully enjoying the combat strategy without the challenge!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Also, is it normal for my monk to be best with no knuckle weapons? I mean, it happened several times during the earlier parts of the game, but I'm at the end, and I have all the knuckle weapons according to the journal, but even the best one is -6 P.Atk compared to bare-fisted.

I think its normal. But what you miss out are the status effects and damage bonuses from knuckle weapons.

Niraj

Chapter 7:

Damn, the sidebosses here are no joke. It'd be one thing if it was just one vs one, but they are 2 and 3 vs you. At least so far - I've only done the black mage/knight/monk battle which was pretty rough.

Don't forget to steal!

massoluk

Banned
Quick question, can I get that "job" after I finished Ch. 4 or is there a point of no return when it comes to optional classes? Those dragons are beating my ass, I can't kill them unless I grind some more it looks like.

Swarna

Man, what's with SE's hard-on for damage caps in all of their games? It's annoying that some jobs/abilities become obsolete because of such a trivial thing.

Xerotwo

Damn, this game is ridiculously addictive. I had my 3DS next to me during the entire Titanfall beta so I could check/update Norende in between matches.

If anyone's looking, I'm sending Mammon (JP w/ Elixer!) via Homepass right now:
Code:
SSID: attwifi
MAC: 00:A2:8B:E2:71:3E
It took me forever to find one so I figured I had better pay it forward :)

So wait, how do I connect to that? Do I need Homepass to get access?

So im in Chapter 5 right now, and Ive decided I want to just grind for a while. My dudes are all level 55, and quite a few jobs each at level 9 right now. Im grinding up in that forest north of Florum and its getting me about 2k XP and 200jp each kill.

Now Ive got about 250k in the bank, should I buy the money gaining bracer now, and just use that to gain the XP/JP bracer asap? or should I just keep saving for the XP/JP bracer?

Niraj

Quick question, can I get that "job" after I finished Ch. 4 or is there a point of no return when it comes to optional classes? Those dragons are beating my ass, I can't kill them unless I grind some more it looks like.

You can get it later.

So im in Chapter 5 right now, and Ive decided I want to just grind for a while. My dudes are all level 55, and quite a few jobs each at level 9 right now. Im grinding up in that forest north of Florum and its getting me about 2k XP and 200jp each kill.

Now Ive got about 250k in the bank, should I buy the money gaining bracer now, and just use that to gain the XP/JP bracer asap? or should I just keep saving for the XP/JP bracer?

Save up for the growth egg. The higher level you are, the easier it will be to grind for money later on for the golden egg.

You can get it later.

Save up for the growth egg. The higher level you are, the easier it will be to grind for money later on for the golden egg.

Its just hard to ignore the basic math. haha.

Since I still need about 200k left, and that will take 'X' battles, but if I buy the Golden Egg, then the same amount of battles I will earn 400k, and therefore have both Eggs in the same time it takes to get one.

...but then im not getting any XP at all and that sounds horrible. haha.

goblin

Yeah, you have access to a good grinding spot as soon as you get to that chapter's new city.
1) Unlock phlogiston for sale at Norende Village's compound shop (level 2). Buy 99 of them at 200pg/each.
2) Put the Salve-Maker's Medication ability and Attack Item Amp onto a fast character. Or every character, whatever.
3) Fight battles right outside the south entrance of Eternia City. Every enemy during the daytime is weak to Fire. Have your Salve-Maker(s) Brave and compound phlogiston + phlogiston together four times, killing everything. Toggle on Auto-Battle.
4) Go inside Eternia to rest and restock at night. Repeat.

Splash JP Up (Freelancer 10), More Money (Merchant 9), Golden Egg or Growth Egg in as you see fit.

KarmaCow

Am I capable of beating
Kamiizumi
at 39?

If you can survive when he braves, then yes. Just play extremely defensive, defaulting all the time and attacking when you think he isn't going to counter. Also special attacks don't trigger his counters and the Katana's special trigger condition is defaulting X number of times.

Niraj

Its just hard to ignore the basic math. haha.

Since I still need about 200k left, and that will take 'X' battles, but if I buy the Golden Egg, then the same amount of battles I will earn 400k, and therefore have both Eggs in the same time it takes to get one.

...but then im not getting any XP at all and that sounds horrible. haha.

I mean you could definitely make the money quickly. Since you're in chapter 5, the island NE of Florem (has snow, grass, and a beach, looks like a triangle) is easy mode for jp, exp, and pg. I think with Golden egg+more money+the sweeper bonus, I would get something like 25k plus per battle. So you'd probably be fine going that route, just make sure you can kill that stuff quickly.

Ludovico

Six hours in, just now starting chapter one. I'm really digging both the music and art assets for this game, and after cruising around for a bit at the end of the Prologue, I really hope the game is as grand as it seems.

I have a Norende pop of about 25 right now, micro-managing projected finish times is strangely satisfying. Be sure to pm me for an add!!

-Jake-
2019 9820 2735

Top Bottom