• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

wrowa

If any of the newcomers feel stuck in the game and need additional attack power, feel free to add me. My Summon Character has currently an attack of a modest 56k damage, which can come in quite handy if a boss is refusing to die. Just quote me or shoot me a PM, so I can add you back.

4468-1001-4124

My LE copy just arrived. Honestly, SE really cheaped-out on the box here. It's flimsy craft-paper, and it's already damaged. Still, it's nice to have a soundtrack sampler, and the artbook. Also, didn't expect so many AR cards! :O

Yeah, I was thinking it would be a thicker cardboard but its thin paper like stuff. My friend got his from Best Buy and the corners are messed up. My hope for my CE from amazon is pretty much gone.

Moonlight

Banned
Just starting playing, and the audio quality on the voices is pretty... not good. Is this only an issue for the English track? I'm not keen on switching, but I'm not sure if I'll get used to the speaking-through-a-tube effect that I'm getting right now.

Just starting playing, and the audio quality on the voices are pretty... not good. Is this only an issue for the English track? I'm not keen on switching, but I'm not sure if I'll get used to the speaking-through-a-tube effect that I'm getting right now.
It's the system, is my guess. The 3DS speakers most likely.

Same with FFIV DS remake. The audio was muffled but that was the system and not the game.

Soul Beat

Do you equip him with swords even as a monk? Or go fists only? This may seem silly, but seeing my attack go down when I unequip the swords worries me deeply.
I didn't let him go empty handed so I dunno, but Staves work well for him.
There's also a nifty item in Centro Keep for him. It is also one of your quests.

B.K.

Every day you can update your system from the guy in red (the guy that saves your game) and you can obtain between 3-5 villagers I think it is, def 5 max for the day. So you won't be completely screwed if you can't streetpass :) Also, you don't get villagers by adding friends, only from street/spot pass and from the network method I just explained.

Can you cheat it by updating and then changing the time on the 3DS and doing it again?

I don't know if there's something wrong with my 3DS or my eyes. When I play the game with 3D on, I always see doubles of the characters and the edge of the text box in dark areas and in battle.

wrowa

It's the system, is my guess. The 3DS speakers most likely.

Same with FFIV DS remake. The audio was muffled but that was the system and not the game.

No, the voice quality is just not up to par in Bravely Default. They probably compressed the voices too much in order to get both audio tracks on the card. You will get used to it, though.

Also, playing the game without headphones is a serious crime.

After contacting Amazon about my recalled CE, they gave me a refund I didn't ask for and canceled my replacement order. As if I wasn't upset enough already...

Time to e-mail Jeff Bezos.

pariah164

I didn't let him go empty handed so I dunno, but Staves work well for him.
There's also a nifty item in Centro Keep for him. It is also one of your quests.
Uuuugh I am there right now.

This black mage is wrecking me with all this blind and poison shit. I'm only level 5 on average though, so perhaps maybe I need to level a wee bit more. What item is it?

royox

Should I avoid summoning? seems game breaking the first two bosses were downed in one hit =/, does it get better as the game goes on, or even worse?

Yes. Avoid it. it's totally game breaking...but it's lore wise so it has to be in the game.

zroid

Banned
If anyone hadn't noticed, there's a nice message from Revo (and more pretty art) on the inside of the front cover insert of the CD.

The presentation of the CD is really quite charming, despite having a paltry 10 tracks

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Yeah, I was thinking it would be a thicker cardboard but its thin paper like stuff. My friend got his from Best Buy and the corners are messed up. My hope for my CE from amazon is pretty much gone.

All hope is lost!
et17cG7.jpg
vUlAJav.jpg

Soul Beat

Uuuugh I am there right now.

This black mage is wrecking me with all this blind and poison shit. I'm only level 5 on average though, so perhaps maybe I need to level a wee bit more. What item is it?
I'm not looking forward to that fight then.

It's the Iron Knuckles. They've worked wonders on all the dungeon monsters. Hopefully they'll be good against the mage.

Should I avoid summoning? seems game breaking the first two bosses were downed in one hit =/, does it get better as the game goes on, or even worse?
If that bothered you then just avoid it. If you add more people and some are further along in the game, they'll do far more damage breaking boss battles even more.
Cool thanks, just wanted to make sure if I have neither friends list or streetpass that it would work.
Nope, you're good :)
Do you equip him with swords even as a monk? Or go fists only? This may seem silly, but seeing my attack go down when I unequip the swords worries me deeply.
You should not have any weapon equipped with the Monk to do max damage
Dang, kind of hoped registering people = villagers. Oh well, I managed to get about 6 villagers in the demo via streetpassing people at college.

Speaking of which, can you only obtain a villager once from someone via streetpass, or can it happen numerous times over a span of days?
You can get 2 villagers max per person a day. I know this because my roommate and I tested it out with the demo and kept our 3DS' on standby all day/night at home after we already completed the demo to get to 20 villagers for the eventual transfer.
Can you cheat it by updating and then changing the time on the 3DS and doing it again?

I don't know if there's something wrong with my 3DS or my eyes. When I play the game with 3D on, I always see doubles of the characters and the edge of the text box in dark areas and in battle.
This I have no clue, I don't recall anyone in the Euro thread trying this out.

joe2187

Banned
Wow that's terrible about the CE. I was surprised by Best Buy actually packaged it sensibly in large box with inflated pillows.

Amir0x

Banned
man i am so mad I accidentally canceled my collector's edition of this game. Guess I'll have to be satisfied with the regular version :(

Octavian11

Neo Member
Has anyone had the game crash on them so far? I pressed the S at the bottom of the touch screen in the menu and it crashed my 3DS. Even the power button didn't work. I removed the cartridge and that seemed to turn it off.

Istaerion

I don't know if this is frowned upon or not, but I'm looking to sell the official Bravely Default Design Works Artbook that was released not too long ago in Japan for those interested in obtaining a copy without high markups or import shipping costs.

I'm mentioning it here as I've noticed a couple of users looking to import in both this thread and the other official topic. Should this post be in the wrong though, please let me know and I'll edit it out with haste.

Here's my B/S/T listing:

NeoGAF Plus Buyer & Seller (Previously Gold)

Payment will be handled via Amazon Payments & PayPal.

The former is preferred but should you choose the latter, please cover all transaction fees or send payment via the gift (family & friends) option. You can calculate fees via this link.

Shipping will be handled within the contiguous United States only via USPS' Priority Mail service.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bravely Default Design Works: The Art of Bravely 2010-2013 - $30 Shipped

• Like New Condition
• Original Packaging Included (Costume Code Redeemed)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Should you have any questions or purchase claims, please feel free to contact me through a PM.

duckroll

Finally beat the intro chapter earlier. Took a little less than 5 hours. Which is less than what I spent on the goddamn awful demo, and a thousand times more satisfying and enjoyable. Other than a space issue, I see no reason why they didn't just make the intro chapter the demo instead, and allowed players to carry their saves over to the full game completely. I think that would have improved word of mouth even more.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I've been on basically blackout on this game, once I heard that:

-it was inspired by classic Final Fantasy

-its really really good

I didn't want to know anything else until I held it in my hands. And so far I really really like what I see. I'm only like half an hour in but it really does feel like they mashed up FF1-4 and threw in a few innovations of their own. That kind of indulgence is fun in small doses and of course the game has a ton of time to establish its own identity still.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I don't know if this is frowned upon or not, but I'm looking to sell the official Bravely Default Design Works Artbook that was released not too long ago in Japan for those interested in obtaining a copy without high markups or import shipping costs.

I'm mentioning it here as I've noticed a couple of users looking to import in both this thread and the other official topic. Should this post be in the wrong though, please let me know and I'll edit it out with haste.

Here's my B/S/T listing:

Would you accept an amazon gift card? =3

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad I never touched the demo if it was as off putting as a lot of people found it to be.

Yeah but I definitely don't have to be using this feature right? Like it seemed broken to me when I did that insane amount of damage. Couldn't I just constantly be summoning a friend that is a much higher level to go through the game with no problem?

Your friend would have to constantly update his move for you to do so, but yeah, it's exploitable, but mostly early on

Top Bottom