• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

rybrad

Really stoked to play this after work. Is there a benefit to add people as friends besides the summon thing? When you add someone as a friend do they have to know your friend code too? Sorry for the (probably) dumb questions, still pretty new to having a 3DS and only have one friend.

Quixzlizx

Same thing here, man. Same thing here. I was so pissed. I gently teared mine off, so it wasn't as bad as yours, but still noticeable as hell. Come the fuck on Best Buy. Put a fucking wrapper around the CE before doing that or just use better quality stickers.

Even if you ignore that sticker on the side, look at the front of my box. There's a giant discolored portion, and I don't even know what caused that.

Gartooth

Well shit... I was supposed to get this in the mail today but UPS messed up the delivery (despite putting in the correct address on Amazon and having packages shipped to the same address in the past) by not having the apartment number attached to the address. I managed to call them and get it sorted out, but I won't see it until Monday night. :(

i finally ordered Bravely Default along with Tomb Raider (360) from Toys r us today.

It'll arrive between Feb.12th and Feb 17th. i can tolerate the wait and while i try to complete the BD demo during that time.

My Best Buy store pickup copy of the CE had no shrink wrap, one of those awful stickers that Gamestop puts on gutted copies, and parts of the front of the box are discolored. Why would Best Buy do that?

What the hell happened here?

Same thing here, man. Same thing here. I was so pissed. I gently teared mine off, so it wasn't as bad as yours, but still noticeable as hell. Come the fuck on Best Buy. Put a fucking wrapper around the CE before doing that or just use better quality stickers.

Yeah, I had a circle sticker on the side of mine as well. Left a mark... Not sure how to get rid of it without ruining the box, so I guess I'll just store it with that side facing the wall.

Got my CE copy from Gamestop, same thing with that sticker. I'm relieved that my copy wasn't opened and resealed.. the sticker job is terrible too..

Oh well, my copy will be sitting in my shelf til I get a 3DS, lol

Synless

Picked me CE up. I won't be able to play it for a couple months due to class, but I'm excited to at least have it in my hands finally.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
My Best Buy store pickup copy of the CE had no shrink wrap, one of those awful stickers that Gamestop puts on gutted copies, and parts of the front of the box are discolored. Why would Best Buy do that?

Ouch, my Best Buy had mine in a rain-prevention bag and put the pickup sticker on the bag.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
All hope is lost!
et17cG7.jpg
vUlAJav.jpg

That's unacceptable.

APeacefulPanda

Neo Member
Well, glad most people here have fucked up CEs along with me, now I don't feel as bad. I usually don't go through Amazon for CEs, but now I definitely will never do it again and will always recommend people not go through them whenever I have the chance.

Been playing on and off all day and now my 3DS power light is blinking red, to sleep mode it shall go.

I literally just defeated Heinkel the Knight!
I can't wait to what happens next. I'm also loving the party chat scenes.

Zyae

Well, glad most people here have fucked up CEs along with me, now I don't feel as bad. I usually don't go through Amazon for CEs, but now I definitely will never do it again and will always recommend people not go through them whenever I have the chance.

Maybe you should blame the company that actually shipped the game?

I partially blame Square Enix for the poor cardboard. You can tell when you feel it, it's got a texture that feels like it absorbs really well, and it's very thin, almost like taking a few pieces of construction paper and stacking them up. And it wasn't shrinkwrapped.

But if the cardboard was better quality or coated in some way, the Best Buy sticker that fucked up my copy, as well as some other people's, wouldn't have left that imprint. It's hard to describe for anyone who doesn't have it, but it's not sticky or tacky, like what stickers usually leave. The surface feels very flat actually. I've tried everything to get it off, even held it under a hair dryer for 20 minutes and trying to lightly go over it, and no dice. It's not glue that's stuck to the box, it's the box that got discolored from the sticker.

I dunno. 3 other Best Buys in my area didn't have another copy to exchange, and the one I got mine from only got one pre-order in...mine. Nor do I actually care so much about it to go hunting all day for another copy somewhere else. Bleh. I'm just going to open all the shit in the box and enjoy it for what it is.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Even if you ignore that sticker on the side, look at the front of my box. There's a giant discolored portion, and I don't even know what caused that.

I can tell you what happened, they put a massive sticker on it at some point and then ripped it off with zero care in the world. That's about the size of the preorder receipt/sticker Best Buy puts on anything ordered online for instore pick up.

Wilsongt

After a trip to 2 Gamestops, calling one, and seeing they were all reserved, I took a trip to best buy and got their last copy.

Did Nintendo undership this like FE?

BD friend code party~

1289-9119-8096

Yeah mine wasn't shrink-wrapped either. I don't understand how they thought that was fine, especially considering how flimsily packaged the whole thing is. As for putting the sticker directly on it. That has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves. If the product is just exposed without any sort of wrapping, and you put that adhesive stuff on it...that's just blatantly an employee not giving a shit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Tuesday, 02/11/2014, By End of Day".

Awesome, figured it would arrive early next week, seeing as how fast GameStop usually is despite getting the cheapest shipping option. Just a few more days...

Tremis

This man does his research.
Unavailable everywhere in Toronto. Stupidly decided to try EB at Eaton. Huuuuuge launch party. Any copies for non-preorder? Nil.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
After a trip to 2 Gamestops, calling one, and seeing they were all reserved, I took a trip to best buy and got their last copy.

Did Nintendo undership this like FE?

BD friend code party~

1289-9119-8096

So far, Amazon has it in stock (#3 currently), and they even had for, what, a second? the collector's edition (#10 just for that).

Quixzlizx

Yeah mine wasn't shrink-wrapped either. I don't understand how they thought that was fine, especially considering how flimsily packaged the whole thing is. As for putting the sticker directly on it. That has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves. If the product is just exposed without any sort of wrapping, and you put that adhesive stuff on it...that's just blatantly an employee not giving a shit.

And they don't have any copies set aside for potential exchanges, like Amazon usually does, since I just called them and asked. My only choices are sucking it up, or returning it and getting a standard edition. I wish Nintendo would've had the foresight to at least shrinkwrap the case. I thought at first that Best Buy had gutted my copy Gamestop style.

Animekatt

So for those who have been playing a good bit already, how is the English dub? Based on review footage (as well as previews) for the game, it doesn't sound very good to me. I'm really tempted to play with Japanese voices for this game.

I listened to the dub, but ultimately went with the Japanese voices. A lot of the characters to me sound waaaaaay better.

I haven't played much so far, but I'm up to
the boss fight with Sky Warriors Barras and that WHM woman.
It seems you can really fly through the game if you use a friend's attack, especially if they're very high level (like Samurai_Heart's). I will only use the people who are around the same level as me.

Qord

Neo Member
If any of the newcomers feel stuck in the game and need additional attack power, feel free to add me. My Summon Character has currently an attack of a modest 56k damage, which can come in quite handy if a boss is refusing to die. Just quote me or shoot me a PM, so I can add you back.

4468-1001-4124

Added you!

My fc is 3926-5259-8072

So I forgot to mention that I have a second LE in my possession. It's from my Amazon order that I too had shipped in their shitty bubble mailer. The box has four different creases, but doesn't look too bad. I think I'm just going to return it to Amazon.

Thankfully I had a backup preorder at GameStop and this LE box is pristine condition. Somehow I was the only LE preorder at my store. They had several preorders fir the regular game, but didn't receive enough copies to fill them all. Crazy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Well, my order is now Shipping Soon. I guess I'll be able to see the damage on Tuesday. Pretty disappointing from Amazon.

Eh, it seems the interactive video with choices featuring the guy and the CAAAAAAAAAAAT wasn't the only one.

Here's the second

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5_7zpUGNfM

what
what is this

So far, Amazon has it in stock (#3 currently), and they even had for, what, a second? the collector's edition (#10 just for that).

theprodigy's special hijacked Amazon ranking edition:

Bravely Default-3rd
BD Collector's Edition-10th

Lightning Returns (PS3)-5th
Lightning Returns (360)-46th

Seda

Just started it up, only have done a few battles and got the second party member.

The music is great so far.

Can't wait to unlock a full party and jobs.

Qord

Neo Member
A few hours into the game. Loving it. Will I get the demo bonuses if I go back and finish the demo or will I have to start a new game? Or is it even worth it?

Here's my friend code: 4425-1716-1788

P.M. if you add me and I'll add you back pronto.

Added you too! Add me my fc is 3926-5259-8072

owlbeak

Got a copy today, got home, popped the cartridge into my 3DS and....nothing.

Had to go exchange it for a new copy, which was the last one at the store. First time I've ever had a faulty Nintendo game cartridge! Love this game, though.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Hi guys, quick question.

What level do you receive your other party members at? I hate having uneven exp values, so it if's not too long, I might turn off exp and jp growth until I collect everyone.

Thanks!

I'm loving this so much already. The music and art style are phenomenal.

I really hope this does well so we not only get the sequel, but more JRPGs in general.

I added a few of you on here and PM'd.

Here's my FC if anyone wants to add, just let me know:

0903-2967-7500

Venfayth

As soon as I got access to the world map I just grinded until I got job level 3.

Level 8 now also, haha.

What's wrong with me? D:

Top Bottom