• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
2014-02-07-173351chkvz.jpg

Just in time!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So let me get this straight about Monks; it's better to fight unarmed than with knuckles?!

Only if you use the Natural Talent ability and don't have any other equipment on, which of course leaves you somewhat vulnerable in other regards

Soul Beat

Talk shit about GameStop all you want people; my CE is in pristine condition. Hell to the yeah.

... And yeah, sorry that happened to you.

O_O Where are they? Tell meeeee!
It's on the third floor on a hidden path in the lower right corner of the room.

Rebuilding the town is so much easier now that I have more minions, er...helpers.

LowParry

I'd love to get some people added onto my list friends list. The game is so nice. That intro. Haha, that was awesome. I will help you!

0104-0606-2901

A few hours into the game. Loving it. Will I get the demo bonuses if I go back and finish the demo or will I have to start a new game? Or is it even worth it?

Here's my friend code: 4425-1716-1788

P.M. if you add me and I'll add you back pronto.

A few hours into the game. Loving it. Will I get the demo bonuses if I go back and finish the demo or will I have to start a new game? Or is it even worth it?

Here's my friend code: 4425-1716-1788

P.M. if you add me and I'll add you back pronto.

It's not worth it. Really the only worthwhile transferable thing was villagers and since you have the full version, no point of playing the demo for that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yep, there's no incentive to playing on Hard besides bragging rights/challenge.

That's enough for me. I think hard is the only way to play games these days. I don't mind doing a little grinding if I have to.

Add me, gaf: 3050-8202-3744

Only if you use the Natural Talent ability and don't have any other equipment on, which of course leaves you somewhat vulnerable in other regards
Okay, I don't have that skill yet.

That can't be right. After equipping the Iron Knuckles on my Tiz monk he did a ton more damage. A ton. Like single handedly kills all enemies in a single 4-brave turn ton.
Yeah, I noticed the same. With the Knuckle Tiz made short work of the
Black Mage

My bad, I forgot about knuckles when I made that comment.

Just twenty more minutes until I'm outta work woooo
Ah, I get it. No worries.

so did anyone else get screwed over by Amazon?

I pre-ordered the collectors edition back in December and now it's "out of stock" with "unable to confirm delivery date".

I'm not sure if i should wait or cancel and order the regular edition now..

71BLqBL.jpg

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Wait, does this game have dual audio?

Saw a couple people mention it in here.

I pre-ordered the collectors edition back in December and now it's "out of stock" with "unable to confirm delivery date".

71BLqBL.jpg

I got screwed in a different way. Mine "shipped" yesterday, but due to a "processing error" today, I had a replacement order made for me. I sent an e-mail to CS to vent, to which the rep responded by canceling my replacement order and issuing me a refund, NEITHER of which I asked for. I'm about to download this from the e-shop...

mannerbot

71BLqBL.jpg

Ouch, how does that happen when the game was in stock and available for order earlier today?

Wait, does this game have dual audio?

Saw a couple people mention it in here.

Yep. I'm undecided if I want to play with Japanese voices or not yet. From what I've heard in various videos, the English dub doesn't sound that great to me. Maybe just a bad first impression, though.

rhinosmitty

Neo Member
Just firing this up now. Can't wait to dive in. Going to go back and add everyone's FC from the thread - here is mine:

3239-2814-9241

TheContact

Woot got it today but the wait was long because only 1 person was working at GameStop....will have time to play before bed tonight

Madouu

Eh won't have it delivered until Monday sadly, more time to finish up reading the way of kings I guess, meanwhile you guys enjoy yourselves.

Quixzlizx

My Best Buy store pickup copy of the CE had no shrink wrap, one of those awful stickers that Gamestop puts on gutted copies, and parts of the front of the box are discolored. Why would Best Buy do that?

What the hell happened here?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Before I start, I heard that if you never take your file below Hard, you get that marked when you streetpass people; is this true?

Mr. RPG

Sorry for continuing to perpetuate that the games were ever against each other?

Apparently Nintendo chose Bravely Default over Dragon Quest VII on what to publish and as you know, the rest is history.

I'm surprised you didn't know this.

Picked up my CE from Gamestop. They only had one copy of Bravely Default outside of what was pre-ordered. Gamestop is getting pretty hardcore with their pre-order program.

Sera O

Banned
I'm going to be adding people from the last few pages when I get home! My FC is 0619-3105-4695. PM me and I'll add you back - I'll be putting a good amount of time in this weekend.

So with regards to the town.
Does anyone else have like 7 level 20 Belphegors hanging out? I received a lv 10 nemesis from SQEX yesterday and beat it, but the rest are all Belphegor. It's starting to look like an infestation.

Yeah, it showed up today! Jumping in as soon as I finish adding everyone that's posted before me.

PM me if you add me, so I can add you back!

FC: 2449-6028-9833

where'd you get 14 from? In the demo I know I got higher than that

The max job level is 14. The max character level is much higher (I assume 99).

Apparently Nintendo chose Bravely Default over Dragon Quest VII on what to publish and as you know, the rest is history.

I'd much rather have a new game like Bravely Default over a remake of an older title.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That can't be right. After equipping the Iron Knuckles on my Tiz monk he did a ton more damage. A ton. Like single handedly kills all enemies in a single 4-brave turn ton.

Natural talent means that you do more damage if you unequip everything. Like armour accessories, etc.

Not worth it.

Seik

Banned
Came back from work and nothing in the mailbox. Futureshop has failed once again to deliver on a friday, just like it did with Mario 3D World.

No BD for this week-end I guess. :(

FaintDeftone

So question: is the demo a good representation of the final product? I'm interested in this but the demo didn't do much for me and I felt it was a bit overly difficult, yet they throw you in with little narrative and very low leveled. Should I even bother if the demo didn't catch me?

Aeana

You missed the point of my post. I know about that urban legend and it isn't true. I'm saying that people should stop perpetuating it.

Nowhere to be found where I live... I wanted to pick it up early too. Damn. It'll hopefully be in stock next week when I get my 3DS.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
My Best Buy store pickup copy of the CE had no shrink wrap, one of those awful stickers that Gamestop puts on gutted copies, and parts of the front of the box are discolored. Why would Best Buy do that?

What the hell happened here?

Same thing here, man. Same thing here. I was so pissed. I gently teared mine off, so it wasn't as bad as yours, but still noticeable as hell. Come the fuck on Best Buy. Put a fucking wrapper around the CE before doing that or just use better quality stickers.

pariah164

Yeah, I had a circle sticker on the side of mine as well. Left a mark... Not sure how to get rid of it without ruining the box, so I guess I'll just store it with that side facing the wall.

Top Bottom