• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

My Best Buy store pickup copy of the CE had no shrink wrap, one of those awful stickers that Gamestop puts on gutted copies, and parts of the front of the box are discolored. Why would Best Buy do that?

What the hell happened here?
That bullshit happened to me, but I took the sticker slowly off in front of the person at CS. The sticker did not break, but I saw how the adhesive stayed there. I just asked her to bring me another one from the store floor, and that's the one I took. It is a CE ffs. Is there a seran wrap or bubble rap drought.

Rootbeer

Banned
Amazon shipped my CE in an envelope... got a little crushed on one edge. Ehh, it's not that noticable. They'll ship me a pair of sox in a box but not this? Their choices are strange sometimes. For only $10 above the vanilla edition, I'm not even mad. Time to play!

Best buy wins this round

2yYBOOe.jpg

Soul Beat

I have a quick question. What's up with the locked chests? Do you find keys in dungeons or have to buy them or something?

Cheksa

Neo Member
My Best Buy store pickup copy of the CE had no shrink wrap, one of those awful stickers that Gamestop puts on gutted copies, and parts of the front of the box are discolored. Why would Best Buy do that?

What the hell happened here?

Just received mine from amazon, and the collector was shipped, once again, just in a bubble envelope. I had the same issue with the collector's edition of SMTIV last summer. The box is dented, and I too have that damned sticker keeping everything together.

Also, just like you, the box was not shrink wrapped.

Az987

all good things
I found a CE at Best Buy and like 5 seconds after I picked it up another guy came into the 3DS aisle looking around and saw I was holding it. He asked me if it was just sitting there and I told him yeah and he made a joke that my girlfriend should make me buy the more cheaper edition.

I almost bought it but I figured it would have probably just sat on my shelf for years unplayed so I gave it to him. I hope he wasn't a scalper.

Brew124

Plan on starting this tonight! Very excited based off everything I've seen and heard about the game. Feel free to add me. I'm in the process of sending requests to everyone here.

FC: 2750-1612-9258

PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.

bender

What time is it?
Called my local Best Buy even though the website said they had no stock of the CE and the had one copy and held it for me. It is in prefect shape.

FC - 0619-3043-1337

if anyone wants to add me, please do! i can't check the thread too regularly so PM me if you do and i'll make sure to get you back?

perhaps we should setup a googe docs for gaf? has anyone done that yet?

i've never done one before but i assume its easy to setup?

Eusis

Talk shit about GameStop all you want people; my CE is in pristine condition. Hell to the yeah.

... And yeah, sorry that happened to you.

O_O Where are they? Tell meeeee!
Mine has a minor dent on the front, like someone pressed down on it with a pen. Relatively tame really.

Amazon wasn't coming through for me anyway so I'm glad I held on to my GameStop preorder, though perhaps I should have held on in case of an apology refund if they were out of stock.

pretty sad packaging SE! like I said earlier even my brother in law who got his at Best Buy today, his box looks beat to hell.

add that with Amazons bubble wrap envelope bullshit and its a recipe for disaster. I just hope mine isn't too bad.

mauaus

Lucky, I have to wait til Monday to get mine from Amazon =/

Added your friend code, add me back. 0619-4526-7626

Here's my FC if anyone wants to add me: 4081-5505-0754

PM me if you add me so I can get your FC.

Added. :3

Added you both! Add me as well:
FC # 392652598072

After a trip to 2 Gamestops, calling one, and seeing they were all reserved, I took a trip to best buy and got their last copy.

Did Nintendo undership this like FE?

BD friend code party~

1289-9119-8096

Added you. My fc is 3926-5259-8072.

I'm loving this so much already. The music and art style are phenomenal.

I really hope this does well so we not only get the sequel, but more JRPGs in general.

I added a few of you on here and PM'd.

Here's my FC if anyone wants to add, just let me know:

0903-2967-7500

Added you all
3DS Friend Code:
3754 8161 4423

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
pretty sad packaging SE! like I said earlier even my brother in law who got his at Best Buy today, his box looks beat to hell.

add that with Amazons bubble wrap envelope bullshit and its a recipe for disaster. I just hope mine isn't too bad.

Hope is for the weak. Stop Defaulting and start being Brave

Maybesew

I wonder if the village functionality will scale more later in the game. Right now I am just unlocking stuff I can't afford or use

I added most of the codes on this page

FC 2595 0813 1310

Wow it took a while but I just added everyone's FC on in this thread.
Also, my FC is 2637 9874 2211 for future adds, pm me so I can add ya back

joe2187

Banned
I'm looking for the soundtrack cover art so I can have it show up in my music library, but I cant seem to find a good image, anybody else know where I can get a good image of i?

terrisus

Can't wait to unlock a full party and jobs.

That's always the difficult part for me in games like this, since I never really feel like things get going until I have a full party and a decent selection of jobs. So, if you don't start out with them, I feel like the parts leading up to them are just kind of an introduction until things really get started.

I just got my 3rd member though, so, at least I'm getting there. Still only have
three
jobs though.

Seda

That's always the difficult part for me in games like this, since I never really feel like things get going until I have a full party and a decent selection of jobs. So, if you don't start out with them, I feel like the parts leading up to them are just kind of an introduction until things really get started.

I feel exactly the same way.

ovii

FC - 0619-3043-1337

if anyone wants to add me, please do! i can't check the thread too regularly so PM me if you do and i'll make sure to get you back?

perhaps we should setup a googe docs for gaf? has anyone done that yet?

i've never done one before but i assume its easy to setup?

Plan on starting this tonight! Very excited based off everything I've seen and heard about the game. Feel free to add me. I'm in the process of sending requests to everyone here.

FC: 2750-1612-9258

Please add my friend code
2036-6958-0285

I'm going to add everyone i see post theirs in this thread

PM me if you add me: 1504-5738-5878

Add me please! FC: 0275 - 8876 - 8416

Wow it took a while but I just added everyone's FC on in this thread.
Also, my FC is 2637 9874 2211 for future adds, pm me so I can add ya back

added all of you. feel free to add me at 3628-9397-8180. For future friend requests, please PM me so I can add you.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
So I made the mistake of opening (European) Miiverse while playing the game and the first comment that loaded was a pretty big un-spoiler-tagged spoiler. Fun!

Just reached chapter 4 and so far this game is really good.

Effect

Now the waiting game begins. Managed to get the collector's edition ordered on Amazon earlier. Now there isn't an option to do so. Just waiting now to see if they cancel the order due to completely being out of stock or if they actually go through with it. Still have the following message on my order.
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you by email as soon as we have an estimated delivery date. You can cancel at any time.

pikmin_trainer

Neo Member
My friend code is 1461-7154-9357. I'll go through the last few pages and quote and edit people I add. PM or quote me if you need an add back.

Top Bottom