• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

ovii

I'm still adding people. Please feel free to add me 3625-9397-8180.

PM me and ill add you back asap.

Wunder

I'm also adding everyone who posts their FC from now on and a few pages back.

My 3DS Friend Code: 4785 5303 9215

Artorias

Banned
My Amazon CE came, The box and artbook are pretty much destroyed.

Ran to BB and found their last CE. The box is in the correct shape but there are random scratches all over the front. Ehh, better than nothing. I wish I hadn't opened the Amazon CE but I sold it already without much trouble.

I didn't want to deal with explaining to overseas customer service that I couldn't have known the artbook was ruined without opening it. I'm done with Amazon for anything like this that might ship in a bubble mailer. They've been ruining my Disney slipcovers for years and I haven't even complained, but this is 3 CE's now I've had to rebuy because they can't spare a box for a $50 shipment.

Kadin

Really glad I didn't let the so-so demo deter me from buying the game. Luckily there's been a mountain of praise for this game and after only playing a short while, it's much better than I envisioned. Something about the demo simply didn't do it for me but now we're getting some where. Right from the intro, I knew it wise a wise choice...

pikmin_trainer

Neo Member
Sent a PM to everybody I added.

For anyone I forgot, feel free to add me. My friend code is 1461-7154-9357, just send me a PM back and I'll add you back once I see it.

pariah164

Chapter 1 spoilers:

Anyone having trouble with
the thief in the cave? What's the recommended level/jobs to take him on? Agnes is a White Mage (Lvl. 8/2), Tiz is a Monk (Lvl. 9/2), Ringabel is a Knight (Lvl. 9/1), and Edea is a Black Mage (Lvl. 9/2).

Gvaz

Banned
Thanks, but looks like I'll wait for few more days and get a CE instead. Good thing I checked this thread before pulling the trigger on digital version.

Why does it matter? The NNID is a good thing and a good step forward in terms of nintendo's online market.

Ugh my Amazon order is still not shipped and reading all these reports on their shipments makes me just want to cancel it and go pick up a copy. Get your shit together Amazon.

Holy shit, Fuck Amazon! Mine isn't as bad as the others on here, but there is a bend half way down the spine and the bottom corner is slightly dented. I understand shipping DVDs, normal cased games in a mailer, but a damn large box? WTF!?
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

I tried to leave packaging feedback and it isn't even eligible!

Really glad I didn't let the so-so demo deter me from buying the game. Luckily there's been a mountain of praise for this game and after only playing a short while, it's much better than I envisioned. Something about the demo simply didn't do it for me but now we're getting some where. Right from the intro, I knew I wise a great choice...

I really didn't like the demo at all, and only a couple hours in this is my favorite JRPG in a long time.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
they are going so cheap it's not funny. if they could they probably would stick the titanfall CE inside an envelope if it fits lol.

I went the Best Buy route as it was too late to order from Amazon or Gamestop a few weeks ago and opted for the free shipping. Still showed up on release day! It came in a box considerably bigger than the CE, which was in a plastic bag and surrounded by those plastic-bags full of air cushion things.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Man...reading all these Amazon complaints, I'm glad I didn't end up ordering with them.

Honestly, this is the first major flub I've had from Amazon. I pre-order most of my games from them. The late shipping and crappy packaging is not a good look.

I went the Best Buy route as it was too late to order from Amazon or Gamestop a few weeks ago and opted for the free shipping. Still showed up on release day! It came in a box considerably bigger than the CE, which was in a plastic bag and surrounded by those plastic-bags full of air cushion things.

yeah i posted it the last page. since it's so good i'm keeping it in the box and buying the game on the eshop lol.

zashga

Ordered through Amazon back in December, but it looks like it won't be here until the 11th. And here I thought this would a safe one to order through them since it didn't have the usual Nintendo Sunday release date.

XiaNaphryz

Honestly, this is the first major flub I've had from Amazon. I pre-order most of my games from them. The late shipping and crappy packaging is not a good look.

I've never had issues with Amazon either, though most of their recent shipments to me have been in rather cheap envelope packages.

So for those who ordered from Bestbuy, did you guys all pay extra to get it day 1 or was shipping free? I ended up with a regular edition from gamestop because I decided to get this too late to get the CE. Would like to know for future preorders since Amazon's been using those shitty bubble mailers now. Wished they'd at least use the cardboard sleeves that they use for dvds a few months back

XiaNaphryz

So for those who ordered from Bestbuy, did you guys all pay extra to get it day 1 or was shipping free? I ended up with a regular edition from gamestop because I decided to get this too late to get the CE. Would like to know for future preorders since Amazon's been using those shitty bubble mailers now. Wished they'd at least use the cardboard sleeves that they use for dvds a few months back

I went for free shipping and expected it a couple days after. Ended up getting it today anyway.

Corpekata

Banned
Chapter 1 spoilers:

Anyone having trouble with
the thief in the cave? What's the recommended level/jobs to take him on? Agnes is a White Mage (Lvl. 8/2), Tiz is a Monk (Lvl. 9/2), Ringabel is a Knight (Lvl. 9/1), and Edea is a Black Mage (Lvl. 9/2).

Fight is doable but hard at the level you'll likely encounter it at. Mainly used the physical characters as Ether poppers for the magic users who actually do okay damage, my physical damage on the fight was pathetic.

paid the $3 for express.

LProtag

Having a good time with it so far. I like that jobs open up slowly so you aren't overwhelmed with options. I've just got the Knight job.

Hyoukokun

After trying (and failing) to find the game in 3 different stores, I decided to just download the game from the eShop. Two hours later and the download bar is still a tiny sliver... the video game distribution gods really don't want me to play this game!

Looking forward to actually getting to play it, though at this rate it's looking like that won't be until mid-way through tomorrow.

Gvaz

Banned
My Best Buy store pickup copy of the CE had no shrink wrap, one of those awful stickers that Gamestop puts on gutted copies, and parts of the front of the box are discolored. Why would Best Buy do that?

What the hell happened here?

That's sticker residue. Likely the shrinkwrap came off during shipping to the store and they had to put some sort of label on it (probably a pickup label). Did you pick it up in store?

Zing

Banned
I just played for about an hour and I am really enjoying it. The brave/default thing is more strategic than I expected once you start fighting things that don't die in one round.

I am annoyed that a minor plot point was spoiled for me on the official Nintendo site. What the hell? Keep your damn mouth shut Nintendo. I just wanted the AR cards PDF and I browsed right into it. I was sad to see that not all of the AR cards are in the PDF. Oh well.

I don't know of I like the Bravely Second mechanic. Seems like cheating.

It is literally cheating. However, you can only do it once per eight hours. I can totally see people buying SP drinks. It's the default option on the S menu and they take forever to generate. I have my game sleeping now.

So, 3d on or off? I can't decide.

The ghosting, or should I say 3D crosstalk, is extremely noticeable in this game. I have barely noticed it in any of my other dozen games except the doorways in Animal Crossing. Here, it is constant while I am walking around. I actually considered turning 3D off, but for now, I have it at minimal. I usually play all my games with 3D at max.

minty_jpg

Can someone confirm that the language can be set to Japanese? This'll come in handy when I start learning the language (I hope).

I'm about 4-5 hours in and this game is incredible. It's like dropping the Final Fantasy name gave Square Enix a breath of fresh air.

May16

Can someone confirm that the language can be set to Japanese? This'll come in handy when I start learning the language (I hope).

Yep. You can set the spoken language and the text separately, so you can take either one, or both if you like.
It's like dropping the Final Fantasy name gave Square Enix a breath of fresh air.

Perhaps, though it should be noted that in Japan it was called Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, and in Europe it was called Bravely Default: Where the Fairy Flies. That FF is no accident.

I imagine it was removed in NA because we can't have the word "fairy" in Macho Macho Murica.

Zing

Banned
After trying (and failing) to find the game in 3 different stores, I decided to just download the game from the eShop. Two hours later and the download bar is still a tiny sliver... the video game distribution gods really don't want me to play this game!

Looking forward to actually getting to play it, though at this rate it's looking like that won't be until mid-way through tomorrow.

I went to two Best Buys and neither had the game on the shelves. I made an online reservation at one of them and they held the game for me and had plenty left. I'm not sure why they haven't put it out. They also didn't have Lego Movie Videogame out, despite it also being in stock. Be sure to ask an associate next time.

Gvaz

Banned
That bullshit happened to me, but I took the sticker slowly off in front of the person at CS. The sticker did not break, but I saw how the adhesive stayed there. I just asked her to bring me another one from the store floor, and that's the one I took. It is a CE ffs. Is there a seran wrap or bubble rap drought.

That's not how they do things. No one in retail really gives a shit about "collector editions" when they come in all the time being overpriced garbage.

Top Bottom