• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

My Friend Code is 0705-2223-9813.

Go ahead and add me if you wish.

-----------------------------

Wonderful game so far. Everything I expected it to be. Gotta love those 3D Dot Game Heroes guys.

burgerdog

I'll probably get blasted for this, but this is the only game on 3DS where I haven't told myself "I wish this was on vita instead." Simply beautiful.

Question about street pass, can I just close the 3ds while bravely default is running and it'll take care of everything? Or do I actually have to go to some street pass screen for it to work?

Also looking for some Bravely Default friends!
4957-2192-5527
Anyone else have the game cause a reboot crash? Happened when I was fighting Beelzebub.

Question about street pass, can I just close the 3ds while bravely default is running and it'll take care of everything? Or do I actually have to go to some street pass screen for it to work?

Just leave your 3DS in sleep mode. You don't have to be playing Bravely Default either, but having it running helps you gain SP and rebuild the village.

I assume I'm overleveled, I'm at the
Wind Temple
and I'm already level 22. Playing on Hard and Random Battles at 150%.

Also, does the game have any missable items? as in boss stuff I have to steal or whatsoever.

I'll probably get blasted for this, but this is the only game on 3DS where I haven't told myself "I wish this was on vita instead." Simply beautiful.

you'd feel the same about Etrian Odyssey. :p

KarmaCow

In the quest where you get the Thief Job,
in the second fight against the Chairman, is there something to stop or at least mitigate his Takeover (300dmg) attack? It seems to do a flat 300dmg regardless if the target is defending. It's really annoying to deal with because he doubles up on it every time so there are those instances where he targets the same person twice. Since no one in my part has 600+ hp, it's instant death and eats into my phoenix downs. It's not a brick wall, I'd just don't have that many phoenix downs and I don't like finishing battles with dead party members and having exp/jp not evenly spread around. Do I have to steal from him or something when he defaults the turn before?

Ricker

What is this Event Viewer thing...? just got the message starting the game about Praline and watching/listening to her song over and over if I want hehe...(havent met her yet in game even).

man, you noobs playing with the random encounter rate on something other than -100% or +100% :p

I didnt even check that yet...its at default which is probably right in the middle...?

Is there a way to go back and do the AR scan at the beginning?

Does it even do anything?

I started last night in the dark and had to skip it

What is this Event Viewer thing...? just got the message starting the game about Praline and watching/listening to her song over and over if I want hehe...(havent met her yet in game even).

I didnt even check that yet...its at default which is probably right in the middle...?

ok fine
if you change the encounter rate at all, and you ever put it at +50% or -50%, noob status

I wonder when people here will figure out the OP strategies

Tommy DJ

In the quest where you get the Thief Job,
in the second fight against the Chairman, is there something to stop or at least mitigate his Takeover (300dmg) attack? It seems to do a flat 300dmg regardless if the target is defending. It's really annoying to deal with because he doubles up on it every time so there are those instances where he targets the same person twice. Since no one in my part has 600+ hp, it's instant death and eats into my phoenix downs. It's not a brick wall, I'd just don't have that many phoenix downs and I don't like finishing battles with dead party members and having exp/jp not evenly spread around. Do I have to steal from him or something when he defaults the turn before?

The boss teaches you to properly manage your Braves and Defaults as well as use items. Brave when he has 1 BP and the fight isn't too difficult.

You can't mitigate the damage so you might as well make the most of it.

My FC is *removed* [EDIT: Full!]

PM if you add me so I can add you back. (this friend system is so dumb lol)

This game is awesome by the way, can't stop playing!!

KarmaCow

The boss teaches you to properly manage your Braves and Defaults as well as use items. Brave when he has 1 BP and the fight isn't too difficult.

You can't mitigate the damage so you might as well make the most of it.

Yea I already beat him, but I reset afterwards because Ringabel went down with no more phoenix downs before the fight ended. That's a shame, the fight is basically the same as previous one except with a dumb level check.

Yea I already beat him, but I reset afterwards because Ringabel went down with no more phoenix downs before the fight ended. That's a shame, the fight is basically the same as previous one except with a dumb level check.

....if you really must, load up on special attacks beforehand and go all in at the start

got it today and didn´t started till I finished the demo (That i didn´t started btw) It´s a perfect game in every way I look at it!!! <3

Gvaz

Banned

I frequently go "I wish this was on pc so the screen wasn't so aliased and tiny as fuck.

This is with a 3DS XL too. Resolution needs to be bigger and the screen needs to be like, note 3 sized.

Zing

Banned
I can see how demo players would overpower the village. I am just using the normal number of villagers since I didn't play the demo and can't afford the stuff for sale as it is.

My CE arrived from Amazon in a bubble mailer with crushed and ripped packaging. I'm currently trying for a partial refund.

I'm just starting up but after the demo I'm hyped.
I'll start from the OP and add FCs and send PMs.
FC: 1633.4303.2895

For anyone who has the JP artbook, how is the mix of art/text? Flipping through the included artbook I need more.

Seil

If you've already started the full game can you still go back and finish the demo to receive more bonuses?

Bonuses are added when you start a new game, so don't think so. But none of the demo bonuses are anything more than a couple starter level weapons/recovery items anyway, so it's not worth worrying about.

Is the Freelancer job worth leveling or focusing on at the start of the game? I only have 3 jobs and 3 characters so far.

Not sure if I should have 2 Monks and 1 White Mage until I get another job or do 1 Monk, 1 Freelancer, 1 White Mage.

KarmaCow

Is the Freelancer job worth leveling or focusing on at the start of the game? I only have 3 jobs and 3 characters so far.

Not sure if I should have 2 Monks and 1 White Mage until I get another job or do 1 Monk, 1 Freelancer, 1 White Mage.

You get jobs at a pretty decent rate, at least at the beginning. Just keep going and don't over think it too much.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
So I reached chapter 5... (some spoilers)
I can skip the side-quests, as they're likely only re-matches against old bosses, right? Is there anything permanently missable if I skip those?

I asked earlier with no response - how is this game on the 2DS, i.e. 2D only?

Considering I play with the 3d off I would imagine it looks the same, in that its just fine.

I like how the game gave me an encyclopedia of sorts only half an hour in. I've spent more time reading it then playing now.

Leezard

So I reached chapter 5... (some spoilers)
I can skip the side-quests, as they're likely only re-matches against old bosses, right? Is there anything permanently missable if I skip those?

The only thing you gain from the fights are 999 JP, new back story on the bosses, and some good stealable items.

Hey thanks for answering all my stupid questions so far guys. I have another:

How is the game's difficulty? I beat the demo without too much issue abusing the Ninja job, but I'm sure that wouldn't fly in the full game.

2San

Early game I found the freelancer lvl 3 and 4 skill pretty handy for dungeons. Late game they are important for decent amount of builds.

I asked earlier with no response - how is this game on the 2DS, i.e. 2D only?
It looks better in 3D without ghosting, but it has a lot of ghosting so it was a better experience in 2D anyway. So I played it in 2D.
Hey thanks for answering all my stupid questions so far guys. I have another:

How is the game's difficulty? I beat the demo without too much issue abusing the Ninja job, but I'm sure that wouldn't fly in the full game.
It has decent amount of challenge imo. I found that the bosses forces you to change things up from time to time. There are some proper broken setups though, but they take planning to build. If you aren't overleveled I can see some bosses offering a challenge even if you have a broken setup.

Top Bottom