• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

11ish. I'm just wondering if boss battles are supposed to be this attrition-like because my damage doesn't seem like it can keep up with his potions.

The Thief has high evade, I believe. Stop using normal attacks (via the Attack command), as they will be crippled, and use your abilities (like the Knight's Stomp). Especially Black Magic because his Magic Defence sucks.

Also, sell all your Hi-Potions so he stops stealing them from you to heal.

LuuKyK

Just bought the game yesterday and could barely play it. Left my 3DS on sleep mode to advance my town a bit. I still have only two people working there :(

Absolutely loved everything about the very small part of the game I played. The music is amazing as expected and the voice actors are surprisingly good too.

Renoir

This thread grew really fast.

Ok. About jobs. Do I need to level jobs like in final fantasy tactics, to get other classes? So far I'm getting new jobs with asterisk. But will there be a point where "surprise" you need to Max this class before you unlock this one?

About villagers, I did my update today. No new villagers wtf. Should I start over and do villager trick in demo to get more?

Also the summon friends power I used are still grayed out. How do I refresh them.?

Also as a reminder
Fc. 3153 3811 3474

Zing

Banned
How stupid of me. I skipped the AR movie at the start of the game :lol Is there a way to view that again?
Isn't it under the AR viewer section on the main menu?

Otherwise, that intro video has been all over youtube for months. It was in a demo. I was surprised to see it in the final game.

Hey y'all. I've added everyone that posted on this page (and PMed you), but if anyone wants another Bravely Default buddy, add me (and let me know)!

4725-8099-9451

Thanks!

Skilletor

My Friend Code:

0001-3308-1036
Skillzilla

I've added everybody A-G on demidar's list.

Hey y'all. I've added everyone that posted on this page (and PMed you), but if anyone wants another Bravely Default buddy, add me (and let me know)!

4725-8099-9451

Thanks!

Feel free to add me to Friends. I could certainly use some as well.

FC: 3952-7354-8700

my friend code is 4725 - 8075 - 8552
add me =)

Ok. About jobs. Do I need to level jobs like in final fantasy tactics, to get other classes? So far I'm getting new jobs with asterisk. But will there be a point where "surprise" you need to Max this class before you unlock this one?

About villagers, I did my update today. No new villagers wtf. Should I start over and do villager trick in demo to get more?

Also the summon friends power I used are still grayed out. How do I refresh them.?

Also as a reminder
Fc. 3153 3811 3474

Haven't gotten very far, but loving it already!

Here's my friend code -- send me your village's undesirables and I will put them to work breaking rocks :D

2852 - 7377 - 6516

Will go through and add some people later, but if anyone wants to add me feel free to.

4055-2971-9246

Added you. I'm: 4210-4033-3949

Enjoying this game immensely as well. Thanks for such a great thread. As with everyone else, I'll toss my friend code up here. If you add me - drop me a PM.

Thanks!

1246 9071 4652

Added all you guys. Add me back! I need villagers. lol

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Oh God why must Agnés' English voice be so annoying? I'm listening to her speech in
Ancheim
right now and squirming.

"nOW theY fEEd the wInd"

Die in a fire.

duckroll

I dunno, I feel that there's only so much the voice actors can do when the characters are written in such a cliched way with drawn out spell-it-all-out dialogue. I used the event viewer to watch a few cutscenes in Japanese, and I'm perfectly happy with leaving everything in English. The dialogue is just as dreadful in Japanese, if not worse.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I dunno, I feel that there's only so much the voice actors can do when the characters are written in such a cliched way with drawn out spell-it-all-out dialogue. I used the event viewer to watch a few cutscenes in Japanese, and I'm perfectly happy with leaving everything in English. The dialogue is just as dreadful in Japanese, if not worse.

I'm actually fine with the dialogue, even if it's full of cliches. It kind of adds to the fantasy setting and all that. Everyone else sounds ok, but Agnés sounds like she's on the edge of crying the entire time. It's grating.

KHlover

Banned
If you're early in the game you probably don't have to worry much about money. It's not a huge issue. You can get buy without buying new stuff for a long time.
Imo you don't have to worry at all about money in the game. I never had to buy a single consumable item thanks to the merchant in my village, all there really is to buy is equip and magic, but the equip you can buy usually is outclassed by the stuff you find in dungeons. About 10min of 200% encounter rate 4x Speed auto battles each time you reach a new town should be enough to get by.

duckroll

Imo you don't have to worry at all about money in the game. I never had to buy a single consumable item thanks to the merchant in my village, all there really is to buy is equip and magic, but the equip you can buy usually is outclassed by the stuff you find in dungeons. About 10min of 200% encounter rate 4x Speed auto battles each time you reach a new town should be enough to get by.

I see no reason to buy consumables to "keep" at all after discovering that the Merchant job can buy and use items in battle which most stores don't even sell. It's super useful!

Oh God why must Agnés' English voice be so annoying? I'm listening to her speech right now and squirming.

"nOW theY fEEd the wInd"

Die in a fire.

Hmm, I don't mind her voice. For the most part I like the voice cast, especially Edea, but Ringabel's voice is driving me crazy.

I'm actually fine with the dialogue, even if it's full of cliches. It kind of adds to the fantasy setting and all that. Everyone else sounds ok, but Agnés sounds like she's on the edge of crying the entire time. It's grating.

Trying to figure out what's worse: Lightning sounding bored all the time or Enyaess going full Garnet and having a nervous breakdown in every cutscene

OriginX

I'm on the edge about this one. I was watching a stream briefly of gameplay last night and it looked like that certain features of the game were real-time based. Like wait 96 hours for blah blah blah...Question is, is this real world time or is does your 3DS have to be online for the countdowns to continue? Can I play other games while waiting for the time to pass or do have to actually be in game?

KHlover

Banned
I see no reason to buy consumables to "keep" at all after discovering that the Merchant job can buy and use items in battle which most stores don't even sell. It's super useful!
Tbh I never played a merchant in my first playthrough. Or in my current NG+. So many classes still left to play as *_*. I hope we'll be able to adjust the characters' level down in Bravely Second though, atm I don't feel like starting a completely new game but NG+ with a team lv99 is a bit boring >_<

2San

I'm on the edge about this one. I was watching a stream briefly of gameplay last night and it looked like that certain features of the game were real-time based. Like wait 96 hours for blah blah blah...Question is, is this real world time or is does your 3DS have to be online for the countdowns to continue? Can I play other games while waiting for the time to pass or do have to actually be in game?
That's the norende village stuff. The game needs to be in sleep mode or you need play it, so you can't play other games. However the the stuff is optional, I do recommend doing it though. It's mostly to beef up special attacks (which are pointless imo late game) and to unlock equip and items at the save vendor. The more villagers you have the faster it goes. So with 2 villagers the 96 hours becomes 48 hours. You get around 2~4 villagers a day by pressing update something in the save menu. The really good stuff are pretty expensive so you really don't have to be afraid of unlocking things to slowly.

I just left the game in sleep mode, when I was actually sleeping. I think I unlocked everything by chapter 2 or 3, but I couldn't buy the cool stuff since I didn't enough money.

edit: You can get like 20 villagers in the demo and it will carry over to the actual game. If you are on the fence, try the demo. It has no story stuff. I personally didn't play the demo though.

Totakeke

Use the merchant job, buy items, use Salesman to sell them to enemies! :D

But items only sell for at a quarter of the price you bought it at. Salesman only multiple the sell price by 2.8x. So you're still making a loss. It's only good for selling extra items.

Though farming monsters for exp, jp and money is dead easy with auto and against monsters you can comfortably kill in one turn. It's just mindless grinding.

I'm not sure how the merchant innate 1.5x gp stacks. I had 4 merchants before but when I took two of them off, it still gives me the same amount of gold at the battle rewards screen as it did with 4. I counted the amount I had before and after the battle so it's still the same. The game says it stacks, but it doesn't?

Same thing with the freelancer extra jp skill, how exactly does it increase the jp you get? Only for the character equipping the skill?

I'm not sure how the merchant innate 1.5x gp stacks. I had 4 merchants before but when I took two of them off, it still gives me the same amount of gold at the battle rewards screen as it did with 4. I counted the amount I had before and after the battle so it's still the same. The game says it stacks, but it doesn't?

That seems to be the case. 1 merchant does as well as multiple for me as well. I wonder if it's a localization error.

2San

But items only sell for at a quarter of the price you bought it at. Salesman only multiple the sell price by 2.8x. So you're still making a loss. It's only good for selling extra items.

Though farming monsters for exp, jp and money is dead easy with auto and against monsters you can comfortably kill in one turn. It's just mindless grinding.

Same thing with the freelancer extra jp skill, how exactly does it increase the jp you get? Only for the character equipping the skill?
The game lies, it doesn't stack.

I'm not sure, but I think the JP up passive is only for that character. The item that doubles exp and jp is for the entire party though.

Wow I feel dumb. Lol.

I'm thinking if you stole items with a thief before selling them with Salesman could net you a profit

JP Up i think gives you 1.2x the job points for the character that has it equipped according to the wiki

Soul Beat

Do the monsters in Norende Village have any bearing on whether I get new residents via Net-Invite?

I ask this because I tried the Update Data option yesterday and the game said that I got 5 invites but no one showed up in the village.

Damn, I tried that lvl10 Nemesis boss (and I'm lvl8~) just to see how it would be, and it kicked my ass. The regular attacks did quite a bit of damage by itself, but then I got owned by something he did later which did 800 damage to every character. x_x I have a feeling it's because I was attacking him (and healing him to full, oops) during Gluttony or whatever it was. I didn't realize everything I did would heal him during that, lol.

Do the monsters in Norende Village have any bearing on whether I get new residents via Net-Invite?

I ask this because I tried the Update Data option yesterday and the game said that I got 5 invites but no one showed up in the village.

I dont think so, keep checking back with the Update Data option, I think its once every 24 hours or something.

Labadal

If you guys want easy money, steal Mammon Elixirs from the Mammon nemesis and use the merchant job to sell them to enemies for 60k a pop. Made 2 million or more fairly quickly. Be sure not to kill the nemesis. Steal the item - run away - rinse and repeat. You will most probably break the game, haha.

Renoir

If you guys want easy money, steal Mammon Elixirs from the Mammon nemesis and use the merchant job to sell them to enemies for 60k a pop. Made 2 million or more fairly quickly. Be sure not to kill the nemesis. Steal the item - run away - rinse and repeat. You will most probably break the game, haha.

Now that's real profit.

Soul Beat

I dont think so, keep checking back with the Update Data option, I think its once every 24 hours or something.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

I never had this happen and I only fought like 4 bosses in norende, during my playthrough.
I thought so, but I'm just a bit paranoid now. I'm about to udate again. Hopefully I'll get some more villagers this time. 'Cause it's getting to the point where 5 villagers ain't gonna cut it.

Thanks for the help guys. Wish me luck.

Labadal

Damn, I tried that lvl10 Nemesis boss (and I'm lvl8~) just to see how it would be, and it kicked my ass. The regular attacks did quite a bit of damage by itself, but then I got owned by something he did later which did 800 damage to every character. x_x I have a feeling it's because I was attacking him (and healing him to full, oops) during Gluttony or whatever it was. I didn't realize everything I did would heal him during that, lol.

The level requirements are not something you should look at when fighting Nemesis bosses, I learned that the hard way. The requirements are not even remotely close to what you should be. Try the boss when you reach level 12-13 and have some more job abilities.

What level can you do that? Or how far along in the story (like what chapter)?

The level requirements are not something you should look at when fighting Nemesis bosses, I learned that the hard way. The requirements are not even remotely close to what you should be. Try the boss when you reach level 12-13 and have some more job abilities.

Oh okay. I was thinking they would make the recommended level higher than would be required, but guess not, lol. xD

FryHole

Also as a reminder
Fc. 3153 3811 3474

Each job is a self-contained entity, no dependencies on progress in other classes. Some are quite complementary, though.

Top Bottom