• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Not sure I understand the whole sent monsters things. Most of the ones that have shown up are said to be lvl 10 which I'm roughly around lvl 13, and this dude just wiped my squad like it was nothing.

FryHole

Not sure I understand the whole sent monsters things. Most of the ones that have shown up are said to be lvl 10 which I'm roughly around lvl 13, and this dude just wiped my squad like it was nothing.

When it comes to the Nemeses, I believe it's better to read their info as "Level 10 (lol)".

Labadal

So whenever I try to 'Update Data' from the save dude, I get an error. Anyone else getting this or solved it?

Boy, do I have bad news for you. Quoting myself from the Euro OT:

A BUG WARNING

This is if you want to add friends for Bravely Default. I wondered why no friends would register in the game. Turns out I had to delete my entire friends list because I kept getting error messages when trying to add friends to the game. After deleting everyone I added in this thread, I am slowly re-registering friends and it works.

I THINK that this bug is possible if someone on your friends list plays the game before you. I only have 35 more people to re-register (lol).

Game is getting kind of trolly with the "requirements". Norende bosses wipe the floor with you and now I just reached my first
summon monster sidequest
and was told I met the requirements only to get 1-shot again.

cm osi

Game is getting kind of trolly with the "requirements". Norende bosses wipe the floor with you and now I just reached my first
summon monster sidequest

to get
summons
you just have to survive to their first attack, so go full mdef

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
summon monster sidequest
I'm playing on hard. That first tentacle nemesis's recommended level? 10. Level where I stopped being one shot by the acid breath even after buffing and defaulting? 20.

I feel your pain, friend.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Got a question, With classes who show armor as being E, does that mean equipping it would be detrimental to their physical stats, or does that mean that equipping armor is still a good idea, they just won't benefit much from the defense? My thief and monk have been going naked besides their weapon and accessory, but when I went to optimum, the game automatically put armor on them, even though they're classified as E.

burgerdog

I still think there needs to be limitations.

My problem with Bravely Default is just about everything in the game encourages grinding. While you don't need to grind, you might as well because it is so easy to do.

Where the encounter rate comes into it, is you can set it to -100% at any time. This means the best thing to do is enter a dungeon, get rid of enemies, clear it out until you get all the chests and reach the final save point with no danger.
You can then turn it back on and...you guessed it, grind without danger until you are content.

What I would like to see is at least a limitation to stop you changing the encounter rate until you reach the end save. That way you are encouraged to do less grinding and things like traps, hidden passages and wrong turns are actually meaningful.

I disagree. Let players dictate how they want to play and enjoy their game. You could set those limitations on yourself if that's how you want to play.

cm osi

Got a question, With classes who show armor as being E, does that mean equipping it would be detrimental to their physical stats, or does that mean that equipping armor is still a good idea, they just won't benefit much from the defense? My thief and monk have been going naked besides their weapon and accessory, but when I went to optimum, the game automatically put armor on them, even though they're classified as E.

i think it means they get less defense

I believe the rank is just a multiplier to the base defense of the equipment. So don't go naked.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Thanks, that definitely clears up a misconception I had (for some reason?). They've toughed it out though ;D

KHlover

Banned
summon monster sidequest
The requirement is having the Summoner job. If you're underleveled...bad luck.

Leezard

summon monster sidequest

For that sidequest,
Go full magic defence and equip a "reduce elemental damage" of an appropriate elemental. Water, wind, or earth, you should have an accessory that reduces the appropriate one. As long as one person survives you receive the summon.

For that sidequest,
Go full magic defence and equip a "reduce elemental damage" of an appropriate elemental. Water, wind, or earth, you should have an accessory that reduces the appropriate one. As long as one person survives you receive the summon.

doesn't work for the last summon though
then again by the time you can get Susano-o you could just cheese it with Salve-Maker's Feel No Pain ability

JLeack

Banned
The guy who you fight to unlock Merchant is a jerk. He blew me up with his 300 damage coin throws.

Time to revisit that later after a little grinding sesh.

Vamphuntr

Game is pretty fun. I'm happy there's going to be a sequel. I'm just at the part after defeating
Praline and getting the performer job
. The attack I sent to my friend is doing 6500 damage and he kept texting me to resend it to him again since he's still in the beginning haha. Apparently you can break the damage limit and go over 9999 damage.

I'm happy the boss battles are now more challenging. The first two crystals were easy but now it's slowly starting to pick up difficulty wise.

Ha, actually not that bad only have 2 friends on my friends list. Weird though, neither have played the game. I will just delete them then start spamming people with requests in this thread ;-P

make sure to pm the ppl youve added so they can add you back. They stupid FC system doesn't work if only one person adds the other

o so question about the Spell Fencer class, when you buff a weapon with an element, is damage still based upon your actual physical damage or magic damage?

Gaz_RB

Everyone is remembering to keep sending attacks to your friends right? half my friends list still have 15 damage attacks sent haha. And also remember to update your data so you can get new attacks that people have resent!

Also don't forget to use ablink because it's awesome.

BoSox06DH

Really enjoying this game so far, can't wait until I unlock more jobs. Anyway my
FC is 3308-4551-9098 if we aren't ferns yet. Just PM me if you do, I'll add you at some point.

Gaz_RB

The guy who you fight to unlock Merchant is a jerk. He blew me up with his 300 damage coin throws.

Time to revisit that later after a little grinding sesh.

If you've got ablink you can get this black mage passive ability called damage dispersion. It helps to mitigate the damage to all party members. It's the only way i could beat him at about level 13. But yeah he's a dick. At least his friend goes away fairly quickly.

you should add me!

0705 2549 2806

anyone else who needs some more friends can add me as well. Just PM

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Yeah... the 20 Villagers Demo trick was a bad move. I am completely annihilating everything in my path without it being fun. Sigh. Oh well, the game is still awesome, regardless of the -10000 challenge at the moment. Almost done with Chapter 1 (I think). I guess I could try switching it to Hard. I already have it at -50% encounter rate to prevent myself from becoming god.

Having a lot more fun with the final version than I did with the demo.

My FC:

1375-7203-5837

Just send me a PM if you add.

Top Bottom