• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
How do I unlock the chest in the Lontano Villa?
Chapter

You've got a ways to go.

P.S. The fight at the end of that...
He's a little bitch. Went down after half a turn of assaults. The Caldisian guard must have sucked ass.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
LOLOLOL man I'm all like damn the thief sucks... I died on the dragon thought I was high enough level.. 21.... I then buy 2 Angel's bows @_@ goddamn...
I thought thieves were pretty meh. Then I decided to try a good bow with the spell fencer sub-class. With just the default lv 1 class you get fire, ice, and lightning weapon. Too OP.

Frolow

Banned
Is it worth going through the demo for the unlocks? I won't be able to get this for a few months.

If you have to wait a few months you might as well. The unlocks aren't anything special but your population for the villages transfers over as well, which is pretty helpful in the early game.

Chapter

You've got a ways to go.

P.S. The fight at the end of that...
He's a little bitch. Went down after half a turn of assaults. The Caldisian guard must have sucked ass.

Oh jeez. I figured I just missed a key or something.

JLeack

Banned
Okay. The voice acting in this game isn't too bad. However, Agnes is annoying to listen to. Like, I cringe every time she opens her mouth.

Anyone else wish she would put some tape over her mouth?

ithorien

Okay. The voice acting in this game isn't too bad. However, Agnes is annoying to listen to. Like, I cringe every time she opens her mouth.

At first yea, but after 15 hours I'm used to it now.

Friend Code: 1735-9911-8184

PM me if you add me and I'll add you back as soon as I see it!

Edit: I've added everyone from page 37 to here.

duckroll

Nothing sucks more than the feeling when you realized that you wasted 1000 bucks on a new sword which isn't even as good as the new sword you stole from the previous boss fight but forgot to equip. FML. Good thing I have lots of money to waste.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
You're right. She has that soft tone like Tuna.

I just remember Vanille being annoying... In a different way.

tumblr_lh0qq23wsz1qzhvg4o1_500.gif

spiritfox

I'll put something in her mouth. Eheheh...

A sock, you dirty freaks.

Rebel Leader

Nothing sucks more than the feeling when you realized that you wasted 1000 bucks on a new sword which isn't even as good as the new sword you stole from the previous boss fight but forgot to equip. FML. Good thing I have lots of money to waste.

tumblr_n03n7dWpTa1qj5jqso1_500.gif

In which boss fight were you able to steal this awesome sword?

LuuKyK

At first, I didn't like the voices, but after like an hour of playing, I got used to them and kind of like them now. The only one I'm iffy about still is Agnes - she reminds me of Yuna from FFX for some reason.

I think you can technically miss some jobs if you don't do the sidequests as soon as they appear. But I also heard that you can do the quests later if you miss the first time, but.. I'd just do every sidequest when it pops personally (to be safe).

No. You can only delay the time you get it, not lose forever.

Good to hear. Thanks.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Ok I just beat the Knight at Lv12 on Hard... Felt just right. I was fighting sloppy and had to use afew Phoenix Downs, but got the win. I felt like I could have replayed it and done better, but the difficulty was Goldilocks on that fight.

Playing this game makes me really appreciate Eterian Odyssey IV. That game had the difficulty balance just right. You'd walk into a new area and feel like every random encounter was a fight to the death. Then you'd slowly progress to the point where you could auto battle kill things... Then you'd face the boss and that would feel so overmatched, then you'd beat him and feel like an unstoppable badass! Then go into a new area and start the whole cycle all over again.

I've only been playing this game for a about four hours in, but its starting to feel like random encounters will always be an all out brave, brave, brave, brave with evey character to win. And then bosses will require more thought.

Rebel Leader

I was looking up on braverly default and... I found about nemesis
Satan
As you hit him there is a chance of him gaining BP, the more BP he gains the higher combo he can dish out, if he is BP is built to 3, if will combo his blade move three times in a row leading to an instant game over. Satan can also cast wrath this will cause your party members to go berserk, so they will attack him and raise Satan's BP gauge.
tumblr_mmnhvve2XJ1rl43djo1_500.gif

dat feel when you try to acquire another summoning but fail and didnt realize that you haven't saved in a while :/

Pro tip

Make sure you stack as much magic defense as possible before trying to get a new summoning

georly

Ok, I just set up my street pass relay again for this game. Anyone wanna share bravely default stuff!? I need more villagers.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I love it when I come across an enemy hoard I don't like and am able to pillage them and run away without fail.

Grrr, job systems are so addicting! :p Even more so in this game because you can equip "two" jobs (a subjob of sorts) and there are really useful support abilities you can get. Honestly, I think it's one of my favorite job systems in a game I've played. I get so distracted leveling up jobs that I think I'm gonna get too overpowered/overleveled... I guess I can turn off exp while I grind jobs or maybe turn it on Hard, I dunno.

So I really want this game, but I'm afraid of if I'll like it or not. I did enjoy the demo, and thought the town was awesome. I'm hoping for a good number of sidequests and town exploration, as I love the atmosphere of the town in the demo, especially in 3D.

I really enjoyed games like Golden Sun (GBA), Valkyria Chronicles, Dark Cloud 2 (one of my favourite games in general), Fire Emblem...

I've only really been excited for Ni No Kuni this gen when it comes to JRPG games, but I got so fed up with the handholding that I quit it.

I'm a little scared that I may give up on this game, but I am so looking for a good JRPG.

Anyone on a similar boat and finding themselves loving the game?

Fandangox

So Chapter 1 Spoiler:
I was doing the Thief's sidequest, and when I got to the boss battle, the hired dude left before I could finish him off, its this supposed to be scripted, or did I miss out on something good?

So
I was doing the Thief's sidequest, and when I got to the boss battle, the hired dude left before I could finish him off, its this supposed to be scripted, or did I miss out on something good?

Scripted

Edit. GODDAMN YOU!

I was wondering about that as well since I just did it a few minutes ago. I even paused my game and went online to find out, lol. I didn't really come up with any concrete answers in my search, so I'm happy to hear that always happens. xD I thought maybe I didn't kill him fast enough and missed out on a job or loot, lol.

spiritfox

Btw that is a bad spoiler. No mention of what or where it is, or even if it's a story spoiler or not. Please at least mention which chapter it is. Thanks.

Top Bottom