• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
reached the first crystal.
airy sounds shady af. where did she come from anyway?

I picked up my CE from BestBuy and it looks like someone left it at the bottom of the ball pit in discovery zone. BestBuy customer service was ZERO help, actually that is a lie, they did offer to tape it up for me....

Not sure if I should give in or try complaining more to best buy/square/nintendo, anybody got any ideas?

Matteoj8

I picked up my CE from BestBuy and it looks like someone left it at the bottom of the ball pit in discovery zone. BestBuy customer service was ZERO help, actually that is a lie, they did offer to tape it up for me....

Not sure if I should give in or try complaining more to best buy/square/nintendo, anybody got any ideas?

LOL with the discovery zone reference

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm about 14 or 15 hours into the game now.

If Square allowed more games like this to be made, nobody would be complaining about them.

Okay, some people would still complain. But the point is that this captures so much of what made Square great during the PS1 era, and then puts its own spin on it. It is just fantastic.

Bsigg12

This game is good. Working my way through chapter 1 right now and really enjoying it. I've only been wiped once and it was against the
merchant guy and khint
because I didn't take the time to grind before continuing on. I really like being able to crank up the encounter rate to make grinding faster as well as getting the bonuses for first turn wins and unscathed. Can't wait to dig in more tomorrow.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Got a digital copy today, didn't want to leave the house and that cover is gross.

Awesome game. Hard mode, manual save. In Acheim the clockwork town now.Sort of know what I'm doing, except for all that streetpass stuff.

demidar

Friend Code list updated. If you want to get on, PM me. I'd rather not have to go through 8 pages finding friend codes :S (Please check the list first to confirm you're not on it)

Any way, I'm so glad the first subquest's final boss was a lot easier than I expected. The mobs in the dungeon were way more deadly than them. Status ailments are so good, especially sleep, don't neglect them. Once I get blind I'm gonna cast that on everyone.

chronosic

Loving this so far! I have a question though. What does the red number next to my job level mean? It seems to be allowing me access to some job abilities early, but what the heck is it from?

Exact same boat. Picked mine up today. The 'spine' side has a crease down the entire center and the bottom is torn to hell. Their level of help consisted of going and looking in the section to see if they had an extra copy (which I had already done). This apparently took them 15 minutes (I guess they were being thorough in that search?).

On a 'plus' side, the lady did supposedly check other 'local' stores to see if anyone had another copy, which they did not. She said to be sure to bring it back if anything inside is damaged and hopefully its just the box. I wasn't really sure how to respond to that. It's kind of shocking to me that a decent number of people still seem to place so little interest or care in the condition of the packaging of an item, especially a 'collectors' or 'limited' edition.

This EXACT same thing happened on xb1 launch night. Some poor guy was arguing with the customer service people because his day one edition box looked like some guy had gone all Ace Ventura delivery service on it. It eventually amounted to a 'thats all we have for you' situation after the guy suggested they switch it with someone else's box that had not been picked up yet.

So if you or anyone else have any ideas on possible course of action for this, I'd be happy to hear it. I really hate to be stuck with the horribly damaged box, but at the same time... I'll make do if I have to I guess :(

Loving this game atm, the encounter rate and ff ability makes grinding easy. Thief and Merchant class seem kinda dull though =/
Add my FC 4511-1753-7890, pm if you do!

Leezard

Sigh, fuck
Chaugnar
. Reminds me of hard-mode titan and getting past the first and second phase.
one possible strategy:
Steal Fulmen shards from the enemies near the wind crystal town. Combine 2 with the salve maker and you get at least 1500 damage that pierces his barrier.

Just beat one of the Chapter 2 subquest bosses. Took a while b/c of that damn summon, but pulled it off. Reading the thread I have Tiz as a Spell Fencer right now with no idea what to use as his secondary, but the Knight/Chivalry suggestion I'll try it out.

I love the free Mug from the Thief Knife; screw equipping stronger weapons until I need to lol

Still playing the demo to get the goodies. Realized the goodies aren't really worth it other than the glitch to get the villagers!

Anyway, really loving it. It's good to play the demo just to get a refresher course for the main game. I understand the battle system, job system, and the flow already.

Still wonder why the title is Bravely Default instead what the game obviously is. Unless it's a Prometheus thing going on here, if you know what I mean!

Baliis

Sigh, fuck
Chaugnar
. Reminds me of hard-mode titan and getting past the first and second phase.

I must be a bit overlevelled then, just killed him now and all I did was sword magic my three damage dealers, then quadruple attacked after his explosion thing and completely killed him right there. Having three specials didn't hurt though.

chualie

Just downloaded the game.

I'm enjoying the little things like speeding up the animations and changing the encounter rate.

Here my FC:
0748-3494-6348

PM me if you added me so I can add you back.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I feel like the cheapest bean sprouts in the market as I had give everyone access to
Utsusemi
to defeat a boss.

So are more villagers not added if you do the update data until you expand the town? I did it at midnight and I still have 4. It said "sending net friend requests" or w/e it's called and everything.

So are more villagers not added if you do the update data until you expand the town? I did it at midnight and I still have 4. It said "sending net friend requests" or w/e it's called and everything.

Nintendo's servers are weird on the timing of when it allows you to do your daily update. I've been able to do it around 10 AM EST.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ultimately I had to turn VA off. Mostly because of that goddamned Tiz with his most annoying voice of all time, but overall I feel the dialogue is too slow, making everyone sound overly deliberate and mopey. I probably feel this way because I live near Chicago, whereas if I lived more south it would be the natural pace. But there were still other things, like the delivery of lines sounding chopped up rather than a natural conversation, like a sitcom with laugh track removed, and Yuliyana sounding like a character from Veggietales also didn't help. I tried switching to Japanese but a completely different language than the one I'm reading was too trippy since it's so stylized. I think I'm better off just imagining the delivery by the text in not-annoying voices.

By the way, where does that Tiz voice come from? It's in every anime, cartoon and youth-aimed commercial in existence and yet I have never heard anyone who sounded like that in my entire life. It is not what youths sound like, it is just some put-on obnoxious persona.

Montresor

I'm not into JRPGs but my brother is. How do I buy this as a gift for someone? No retail release and it's only on the Eshop. But I want to buy BRAVELY DEFAULT, not an eshop points card... would make the gift seem nicer.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm not into JRPGs but my brother is. How do I buy this as a gift for someone? No retail release and it's only on the Eshop. But I want to buy BRAVELY DEFAULT, not an eshop points card... would make the gift seem nicer.
Steal his 3DS and download it then.

Lemstar

Complain on Best Buy's customer service forums. They're a lot more likely to be useful.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What on Earth did you think pages and pages of people talking about Amazon orders and Collector's Editions were talking about?

It's obvious this thread is made of people imagining things. It's a door to escape reality.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just started the game and I'm not terribly far. Last thing I got was the black mage job and I've just been grinding to level up some jobs right now.

Quick questions if anyone who is further is willing to answer:

- Any job types you recommend for certain characters? I've noticed that people say Tiz is basically a jack of all trades and a character you can try everything on and that with characters like say Ringabelle that you might want to focus on jobs that use speed and magic. But the game seems to basically balance out everything so any character can do whatever job you choose.

- Are you constantly switching jobs or later in the game have you found one/two jobs that fit your playstyle the best and you've kept that?

- Armor/weaponry. Is it better to keep rebuilding the village and buy armor/weaponry from them or does the inventory of the castle/first city keep expanding?

1) I kept leveling jobs for useful passives, but my team makeup was pretty much set halfway through the game.

2) It's worth rebuilding the village, but most of my gear is from towns/dungeons. You won't be at that first castle long.

Top Bottom