• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Ken

Questions!

Do support abilities come active for free if I'm on the class they're from? Like is it redundant for a knight to spend support ability cost on knight support skills like Two-Hander?

Also, where do I go to buy the created shop items from Norende reconstruction?

P/M. Attack versus weapon proficiency. Which is of higher weight?

1337Sauce

So I see some people saying the bows are OP in this game (at least early on), so would it be wise to give my thief a bow, or dual wield two daggers?

Also similar question to what was asked and not answered on the last page, should my white/black mage be dual wielding staffs?

JLeack

Banned
So I see some people saying the bows are OP in this game (at least early on), so would it be wise to give my thief a bow, or dual wield two daggers?

Also similar question to what was asked and not answered on the last page, should my white/black mage be dual wielding staffs?

Honestly, in my limited experience daggers aren't very good unless you're a Ninja or find one that's far better than what's currently available in the shop.

The dagger special requires the use of FIVE ITEMS. Can you think of a time where your Thief used five items in a single battle? Maybe you have, and in that case maybe it's worth it. However, I have a dedicated healer and a support so the bow just ends up doing more damage in the long run.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

Depends, I think dual wield thief dagger and another if you want to focus on stealing, but if you're looking for damage go with the bow, especially Angel Bow(from Norende) which'll destroy everything.

Dual wielding staffs is good, but it sacrifices your defense/evasion compared to a staff & shield. If you'r mages are your front line offense then yeah might be good, if not and they're there for light offense and support I would stick to having a shield in off hand.

Questions!

Do support abilities come active for free if I'm on the class they're from? Like is it redundant for a knight to spend support ability cost on knight support skills like Two-Hander?

Also, where do I go to buy the created shop items from Norende reconstruction?

P/M. Attack versus weapon proficiency. Which is of higher weight?

1.) you got to equip them. The only passive skill you get for free is the proficiency.
2.) From the Adventurer/Save guy

JLeack

Banned
Two things in this game I think are objectively bad

1 - All the bonuses for winning in 1 rd / unscathed. Promotes the absolute most boring gameplay ever through grinding insanely easy enemies through auto-battle instead of fighting anything remotely challenging.

2 - All spells being locked to town progression. Just makes a lot of the mage classes really, really pointless until almost end-game. Meanwhile all the non spell buying classes are getting all their relevant abilities.

Well, in regards to one you really want to be owning enemies that are just inside your damage level. If you're just grinding garbage it'll take forever to earn anything.

Well, in regards to one you really want to be owning enemies that are just inside your damage level. If you're just grinding garbage it'll take forever to earn anything.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as Mugaaz at first, then I got a bit further and started running into enemies worth 2-5 JP each. One or two rounds of damage for 2-5x as much JP is better than no damage and +1 JP.

demidar

Unless the dagger one is different, it doesn't have to be in a single battle. None of the other ones need to be, that I've seen.

Hmm, I wonder if those equipment with spells in them also count for the dagger special. But I usually get so many damage items that I can toss them at enemies carefree, and they deal respectable damage each.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wtf is up with the suggested levels in the nemeses fights?

Went against the level 20 guy at 23, one fira later (on the first turn) and I had lost both ringabel and agnes, with the other two under 100 health each

That went poorly
Did you utilize rebuilding Norende for really good equipment, friend summoning, ABlink for better abilities, special moves, and SP? Their recommendations will go along with their tools of play.

That said, I beat Beelzebub at lvl10 without help of friends, ablink, or sp.

Kadin

I haven't been addicted to a game like this since... well a very long time. And it sucks because I don't have a lot of time to play it. But I think about it before I go to sleep and then think about it sometime after I wake up.

I think I have a problem.

Dice

I haven't been addicted to a game like this since... well a very long time. And it sucks because I don't have a lot of time to play it. But I think about it before I go to sleep and then think about it sometime after I wake up.

Last night I figured "may as well do this proper" and started grinding while listening to In Search of Sunrise 2.

Ken

1.) you got to equip them. The only passive skill you get for free is the proficiency.
2.) From the Adventurer/Save guy

Think I leveled up the special moves shop instead of the actual weapons shop lol, which explains why he had nothing to sell.

2 more questions:

Say knights get support ability to raise sword aptitude to S but sword aptitude is naturally S for the job. Any reason to take that ability as a knight?

How do I fast forward the in game time to night time?

Mugaaz

Not true, grinding the strongest garbage you can clear in 1 turn is better than anything that takes more than 1 turn once you start getting the ace/hero bonuses its absurd.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Think I leveled up the special moves shop instead of the actual weapons shop lol, which explains why he had nothing to sell.

2 more questions:

Say knights get support ability to raise sword aptitude to S but sword aptitude is naturally S for the job. Any reason to take that ability as a knight?

How do I fast forward the in game time to night time?

1. No, that is for other classes if you want to increase their sword aptitude.

2. Just stand in place out in the world map. It should take less than a minute to change.

suzu

Still haven't tried fighting any Nemeses after getting slaughtered by the octopus baby. Should give it another go now that I'm like 10 levels higher... lol

Kadin

Still haven't tried fighting any Nemeses after getting slaughtered by the octopus baby. Should give it another go now that I'm like 10 levels higher... lol
I walked through all Level 10's at 17 without much of a problem. I tried them at 10, that wasn't even funny.

Zing

Banned
The dagger special requires the use of FIVE ITEMS. Can you think of a time where your Thief used five items in a single battle? Maybe you have, and in that case maybe it's worth it.
You do know that some weapons can be used as items? I don't even have the thief job yet and I already found a dagger with an item ability.

Gaz_RB

Did you utilize rebuilding Norende for really good equipment, friend summoning, ABlink for better abilities, special moves, and SP? Their recommendations will go along with their tools of play.

That said, I beat Beelzebub at lvl10 without help of friends, ablink, or sp.

How? Man he just kills my whole party with that acid attack even while defaulting at level 10.

*bows*

bumpkin

How? Man he just kills my whole party with that acid attack even while defaulting at level 10.

*bows*
I haven't fought him yet myself, but I did a quick search out of curiosity...
Apparently the trick is to heal up fully and then just default while he's in gluttony, and when he's about to do the acid thing, unleash hell with a storm of brave.
Personally, I plan to drop the friend summon bomb on him. Those always seem to do a nice chunk of damage.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

*bows*

The strategy for killing this boss is to
default until he uses Glutton, then pump him full of more healing than he can handle. After a couple thousand he explodes and instakills himself.

If its any perspective, I haven't really grinded at all and I'm at about level 17-18 at the same spot.

Ah okay, so maybe I'm not super over leveled really (which is surprising because I have stopped often just to fight monsters). Then again, a lot of the enemies I fought were kind of weak but gave quick JP.

rybrad

Anyone have a good spot for grinding JP in early Chapter 3? I want to clear all of these Belphegor's out of my village but I have no casters and only one Spell Fencer.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
At 9? Geez where are you grinding for JP? I'm struggling to get past lvl 5.

I didn't grind for JP until the end of CH 2 when I got stuck on the chapter boss. I just went to the cave where you find chompers and AOEd them for a bit. 35 minutes of that overleveled me and now I regret doing it.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Anyone have a good spot for grinding JP in early Chapter 3? I want to clear all of these Belphegor's out of my village but I have no casters and only one Spell Fencer.

100 JP per battle of chompers in the cave before flower town. Just AOE them before they run away. They are weak against thunder.

Leeness

Same! I can't play at the moment but I'm thinking "how is my town doing...? I'm excited to make someone a red Mage tonight..."

I love dis game :')

Well, just got my copy after a small scare that it was misdelivered. The CE box was a bit squished, causing a crease along the spine and a dent on the front cover over Airy's face. Meh... At this point, I'm just relieved that I got my copy and it wasn't sent to someone else.

I'm guessing the crushing was because I got free shipping, so they default and give me the bubble mailer. Did anyone who ordered from Amazon with 2 day shipping get it in a box or a bubble mailer?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Reposting FC, PM if added:

2380-3758-9099

Well, just got my copy after a small scare that it was misdelivered. The CE box was a bit squished, causing a crease along the spine and a dent on the front cover over Airy's face. Meh... At this point, I'm just relieved that I got my copy and it wasn't sent to someone else.

I'm guessing the crushing was because I got free shipping, so they default and give me the bubble mailer. Did anyone who ordered from Amazon with 2 day shipping get it in a box or a bubble mailer?

All hope is lost!
et17cG7.jpg
vUlAJav.jpg

Fey

Banned
default until he uses Glutton, then pump him full of more healing than he can handle. After a couple thousand he explodes and instakills himself.

wat -_____-

I didn't beat him until ~lv 23 and even then I had somewhat of a hard time.

Wait... That's a thing? I don't know what boss you're talking about (I haven't even started!) But that sounds freaking awesome!

antibolo

Banned
Anybody else ordered a CE but hasn't got it yet?

Ordered mine from Future Shop and it's still in "In Progress" status. Right now I've got a feeling that they took too many orders but won't admit it, and my order will just stay permanently non-shipped until I cancel it...

Dice

*bows*
Good armor, good weapons from norende, specials
imbued with lightning from norende, completely decked out black mage with double lightning amp and damage diffusion
, everyone with white mage abilities, default before the acid hits. Still had to use two phoenix downs.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Goretrail

Weird. This is actually the 2nd time it's happened to me.

Happens to me several times a week. Never happened on my ds phat or lite, but happens regularly on my 3ds and 3ds xl. Annoying as shit, especially if you did not have a chance to save last time you closed it.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Yeah, it's pretty easy to farm his fights in your town after you figure it out. The lv 20 boss mechanic is easy as well with a magic class.

Just to clear things up:
When he uses Glutton, all attacks heal him. So by unleashing the BRAVE you overheal him to explosion. Don't go breaking out the WHM teams.

Top Bottom