• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

ohlawd

I just started act 3, so maybe that's why I'm not seeing the same issue (I still sweep them so far). I heard people have good luck using an
entertainer to buff the party

Don't get me wrong. I'm not having trouble as I'm sweeping mobs easily too. I just want to make it even easier. Gotta climb up that easy scale.

Isn't chapter 3 fire enemies anyway?

yeah, on land. Don't wanna use magic tho so no Fira spam. Maybe Fire imbuing but I don't wanna make the effort.

Baliis

So anyone know where I can find
Ninja
?
I just managed to find
Pirate
, but I already beat
Swordmaster

Spoiled myself on the final boss while looking through GameFAQs...

Just keep going in the story until the next blue exclamation pops up, it'll happen soon if you already got those two.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So if you lose to a Nemesis, do they go away? Or do they still linger until either you beat them or they're replaced by a new one?

I'm pretty sure it still lingers around until you kill it. But I could be wrong. I just fight them when I'm bored.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I have yet to look through the CE art book. How spoiler-ific is it?
Wouldn't mind knowing this as well. Killer is Dead's artbook was actually cool enough to mention on the front page "Hey, you might wanna beat the game first before reading this since some designs might spoil some bosses & such". They should do that more often.

So anyone know where I can find Ninja?
I just managed to find Pirate, but I already beat Swordmaster.

Spoiled myself on the final boss while looking through GameFAQs...

You just spoiled some classes lol

k guys I'm on chapter 3. Gimme advice on how to sweep these monsters. I've maxed out the weapon shop but yeah uhhh these weapons are no good. At least I don't see why some of these are worth more than the Angel's Bow at 3.5k

cuz srsly all the mobs suddenly doubled their HP and they're going for like 6k HP or whatever. Such bullshit I don't wanna deal with this. I just make do triple braving and using Aquatic Slayer but it does shit damage when it doesn't crit - I'm talking in the 600s. Don't wanna use magic since I wanna conserve some MP.

Can't skimp on MP. Not sure how your village restoration is coming along, but if you have someone with a staff and MP healing level 5 on their level 1 super, you don't have to worry about it much.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
The sage
A fine woman you've become. Fine and plump and, ho ho, pleasantly jiggly.
She was fair but firm. Very Frim. She had taut curves fit to drive a man mad
tumblr_lrrfqpjkrZ1qafrh6.gif

Praise the sage

Don't get me wrong. I'm not having trouble as I'm sweeping mobs easily too. I just want to make it even easier. Gotta climb up that easy scale.

yeah, on land. Don't wanna use magic tho so no Fira spam. Maybe Fire imbuing but I don't wanna make the effort.
1. use Valkyries
2. stack agility
3. spam jump
4. profit

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Well, my game just froze.

"An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will restart now (Unsaved data may be lost.)"

Luckily I saved somewhat recently I guess.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The sage

Praise the sage

Yeah, dat sage :lol

Animekatt

I have yet to look through the CE art book. How spoiler-ific is it?

Wouldn't mind knowing this as well. Killer is Dead's artbook was actually cool enough to mention on the front page "Hey, you might wanna beat the game first before reading this since some designs might spoil some bosses & such". They should do that more often.

I just flipped through it... I'd say it has some major spoilers in which the order you receive the jobs, and which bosses contain them.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Crescent moon works great, plus a hunter with multiburst attack and mobs tend to wither away fast

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
The sage

Praise the sage

It was great because right when I met him and was just starting the convo with him I was like
"Hey you know what would be funny? If he was a lecherous and perverted old man." And no sooner had I thought that did I press A and his next piece of dialogue was super pervy.

Did you utilize rebuilding Norende for really good equipment, friend summoning, ABlink for better abilities, special moves, and SP? Their recommendations will go along with their tools of play.

That said, I beat Beelzebub at lvl10 without help of friends, ablink, or sp.

What level/Jobs did you use to beat it

ohlawd

use Crescent Moon instead :p

It's freaking weaksauce tho and I've been using it all this time. I can't use Multiburst lol no way am I training a Ranger all the way to 14.

I have the best equips available on my Valkyria Agnes, too. Crescent Moon is still too weak for my liking.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
It's freaking weaksauce tho and I've been using it all this time. I can't use Multiburst lol no way am I training a Ranger all the way to 14.

I have the best equips available on my Valkyria Agnes, too. Crescent Moon is still too weak for my liking.

Use the spear from the village rebuild and 2 handed from the knight job. You'll then see the light of 2k to each mob each hit.

Then the game would be boring and lose a ton of charm. =)

The rest of the game is charming and quite entertaining, disgusting ogling of under age girls just makes me uncomfortable. It honestly takes me out of the game every time those two talk, the writing of them is almost unbearable. Like maybe I could've stomached Ringabel on his own, but throwing in the Sage was just too much.

Gah, I forgot to put the tag (that's why I had the title)...

youshouldstartusingspoilertagsmore,noteveryoneisthatfarinthegameyet
:p

use the Knight's Two-Handed skill

What do you all think of the (mid ch. 2 job)
Summoner
job? It seems like the mp to damage ratio would be better with a black mage.

Even as early as chapter two, I feel like my assessment of "this unusual looking NPC is going to be a boss and I'm going to take their class, mega man style" is mostly correct whenever I see someone in a non-standard outfit. Granted, with them changing up the job outfits, I usually don't know what the classes are.

Took my 3DS to class today and ended up with 36 villagers up from my 14. Also some guy street passed me a level 99 nemesis. Shame the other street pass things on the 3DS max at 10 unless you look at them.

ohlawd

I have no idea why you think its weak then. I run 2 valkls and can still finish chapter 3 mobs in a single turn.

And before anyone asks, yes, my Agnes has her left hand empty so it's just her spear.

I'm only using one and I wanna keep it that way. Shame, I thought she'd be able to clear mobs by herself.

Busaiku

Man, compared to chapter 2, chapter 3 was a lot lighter in tone so far.
Seriously, the side quests in chapter 2 were messed up.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
And before anyone asks, yes, my Agnes has her left hand empty so it's just her spear.

I'm only using one and I wanna keep it that way. Shame, I thought she'd be able to clear mobs by herself.

She has the lowest base attack stats. Keep her as a magic user. Make the Blondies be the phys DPS.

Seik

Banned
STILL NOT IN MY FUCKING MAILBOX!!!! =___=

That's it, I contacted Futureshop, what the flying fairy is happening?! It keeps happening lately with the game I'm the most hyped for. When 3D World came out I bought another copy to return the sealed one I got 2 days later, can't describe in words how I want to do this again, but that's just fucking hassle.

Welp, maybe tomorrow. :(

KarmaCow

Chapter 2 Sidequest spoilers

Holy crap the Summoner/Mephilia fight is ridiculous. I rinsed through the Ranger fight because it was a pretty easy pattern and nothing too outrageous and the other sister is throwing around 700dmg party wide attacks every 3 turns and 1k dmg crits on single targets. I think I spent most of the fight at around 100hp most of the time since I only had 850ish max health across 4 characters. I honestly I have no idea how it's possible without a good chunk of luck with blind hitting the summoned guards from the Air Splitter sword special and coming in stocked with Rejuvenation to deal with the party wide attacks. Is there something I'm missing like in the Orthus fight where you need to extinguish the flames because Girtabulu seems to do way too much damage and I couldn't find any earth resist gear.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Chapter 2 Sidequest spoilers

Holy crap the Summoner/Mephilia fight is ridiculous. I rinsed through the Ranger fight because it was a pretty easy pattern and nothing too outrageous and the other sister is throwing around 700dmg party wide attacks every 3 turns and 1k dmg crits on single targets. I think I spent most of the fight at around 100hp most of the time since I only had 850ish max health across 4 characters. I honestly I have no idea how it's possible without a good chunk of luck with blind hitting the summoned guards from the Air Splitter sword special and coming in stocked with Rejuvenation to deal with the party wide attacks. Is there something I'm missing like in the Orthus fight where you need to extinguish the flames because Girtabulu seems to do way too much damage and I couldn't find any earth resist gear.

Damage dispersion on the healers. Default until she blows the summon, blow the stocked bp. Don't go bp negative in this fight.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Sadly the Goddess won't be descending upon me for maybe until Friday so I have to play this game instead.

Mrgrgr.

As an european with already 70 hours in the game, characters in level 70 and in the middle of the fith chapter I still dont understand how characters with jobs that have really high numbers on the strength parameter, like
Knight
Paladin
or
Pirate
(this one being the worse of all), with weapons with S affinity and all that, do shitty damage while things like
Thief
with a bow (and thats not even S affinity, but A for them), can take up to 9999 easily, I dont know but they seem really overpowered when other characters would be better for those types of damage.

Also I don't understand how the majority of magic jobs usually do really shitty damage with magic based attacks (and Im talking of jobs level up to the max, using good habilities to max damage, with supposedly good gear, etc...), things like Thundara, Blizzaga... and high rate poison, sleep, fear, silence... attacks do nothing to bosses (as those would be the ones were using those attacks would be really helpful).

Im plowing through the game, but I would love to understand all this, because im sure Im doing something wrong.

I decided to turn off exp for now as I was getting a little bit too powerful. I'm not sure if it's due to my level or the fact that I upgraded my village so early and having access to the Angel Bow + Thief dominates things so quickly. Just killed the (Chapter 1)
Dragon in the Vestment Cave
and it was way too easy. Feels kind of wasteful to turn off exp while walking around dungeons/world, but at the same time, I just don't want to get tooo powerful. I wonder if turning the game on Hard would help.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
As an european with already 70 hours in the game, characters in level 70 and in the middle of the fith chapter I still dont understand how characters with jobs that have really high numbers on the strength parameter, like
Knight
Paladin
or
Pirate
(this one being the worse of all), with weapons with S affinity and all that, do shitty damage while things like
Thief
with a bow (and thats not even S affinity, but A for them), can take up to 9999 easily, I dont know but they seem really overpowered when other characters would be better for those types of damage.

Also I don't understand how the majority of magic jobs usually do really shitty damage with magic based attacks (and Im talking of jobs level up to the max, using good habilities to max damage, with supposedly good gear, etc...), things like Thundara, Blizzaga... and high rate poison, sleep, fear, silence... attacks do nothing to bosses (as those would be the ones were using those attacks would be really helpful).

Im plowing through the game, but I would love to understand all this, because im sure Im doing something wrong.

Those jobs have low Dex. Dex determines how many times you hit. Hitting many times usually does more damage than hitting less times.

Baliis

I decided to turn off exp for now as I was getting a little bit too powerful. I'm not sure if it's due to my level or the fact that I upgraded my village so early and having access to the Angel Bow + Thief dominates things so quickly. Just kill the (Chapter 1)
Dragon in the Vestment Cave
and it was way too easy. Feels kind of wasteful to turn off exp while walking around dungeons/world, but at the same time, I just don't want to get tooo powerful. I wonder if turning the game on Hard would help.

Using a weaker weapon might help as well. The Angel bow is REALLY good. I only just got rid of it near the end of chapter 3. Might just use only weapons and stuff you can get from the vendors?

Those jobs have low Dex. Dex determines how many times you hit. Hitting many times usually does more damage than hitting less times.

I thought it was that, but then i upped those characters with dexterity objects (so comparing them to the
thief
they were similar) and the difference in damage with or without was minimal because the number of hits didn't increase that much.

Top Bottom