• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

bumpkin

Yeah, it's pretty easy to farm his fights in your town after you figure it out. The lv 20 boss mechanic is easy as well with a magic class.

Just to clear things up:
When he uses Glutton, all attacks heal him. So by unleashing the BRAVE you overheal him to explosion. Don't go breaking out the WHM teams.
Ohhhhh. I thought it was the trick of how using healing items/spells on zombies, it deals damage.

So basically until he uses glutton, just keep defaulting and healing your party up?

nakedeyes

Banned
LOVING this game.. but only despite the fact it is on 3DS..

I know there is way more money there.. but I really personally wish this fucking game was on the VITA!

There is all sorts of great art but its hidden under a gross pixelated 300x200 screen ( or whatever it is )

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Ohhhhh. I thought it was the trick of how using healing items/spells on zombies, it deals damage.

So basically until he uses glutton, just keep defaulting and healing your party up?

Yup. You have a few turns to unleash the fury before he wipes you.

nikos

So I decided to grind outside of Ancheim because I'm doing other things and can't really focus on the story right now. Everyone is currently level 14, and job levels are 3-4. Will I somehow screw myself later by doing this, or is it ok?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So I decided to grind outside of Ancheim because I'm doing other things and can't really focus on the story right now. Everyone is currently level 14, and job levels are 3-4. Will I somehow screw myself later by doing this, or is it ok?

You can always change the encounter rate to 0 later if you feel that you're overleveled.

E92 M3

This game has so many similarities to Final Fantasy. Is it supposed to be some sort of homage? The GB looked pretty cool.

so I'm guessing you could have Slow World and Hasten World up at the same time? (not that you would do that intentionally, of course....)

Yeah, it's pretty easy to farm his fights in your town after you figure it out. The lv 20 boss mechanic is easy as well with a magic class.

Just to clear things up:
When he uses Glutton, all attacks heal him. So by unleashing the BRAVE you overheal him to explosion. Don't go breaking out the WHM teams.

I did that by accident lol

antibolo

Banned
This game has so many similarities to Final Fantasy. Is it supposed to be some sort of homage? The GB looked pretty cool.

It was supposed to be called Final Fantasy but they dropped it because they now have a policy where only shitty overdesigned games can be called Final Fantasy.

In their twisted view of reality they think that they're actually protecting the integrity of the Final Fantasy brand, rather than running it into the ground. That's so adorable of them.

Thanks! Is there any downside to leveling new/low level jobs at higher levels? Turning EXP off doesn't seem to net much more JP, unless I'm mistaken.

There's actually no change in JP gain if you turn of xp, you'd only do it if you don't want to over level. There's no real downside to leveling other jobs if you want (there's some pretty good low level passives that can be beneficial to all your party members). IMO I don't think being over leveled would do anything besides making bosses/grinding easier, tho doing it too much could make the game boring to ya.

nikos

There's actually no change in JP gain if you turn of xp, you'd only do it if you don't want to over level. There's no real downside to leveling other jobs if you want (there's some pretty good low level passives that can be beneficial to all your party members). IMO I don't think being over leveled would do anything besides making bosses/grinding easier, tho doing it too much could make the game boring to ya.

Sounds great, thanks for clearing that up!

The irony is that this game is better off without "Final Fantasy" in the title and honestly would be the best FF in years if it had the title.

however.. we get Lightning returns to carry that torch.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
The irony is that this game is better off without "Final Fantasy" in the title and honestly would be the best FF in years if it had the title.

however.. we get Lightning returns to carry that torch.

and if it was there would be a lighting character in there somewhere... if there's not one now

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anyone that has played far enough, is this game ripe for a "Fiesta" at some point? Love doing the FFV Fiesta now and again, but a new game to deliver a similar challenge would be great.

Just not sure if the game is balanced properly to support heavy constraints on jobs with bosses, dungeons, etc...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
100 JP per battle of chompers in the cave before flower town. Just AOE them before they run away. They are weak against thunder.
Fq5YvSw.gif

That's just before where I am in the game. I know what I'm doing tonight.

100 JP per battle of chompers in the cave before flower town. Just AOE them before they run away. They are weak against thunder.

Are those the same enemies you could grind down on the beach next to the Wind Temple in the demo? I was disappointed to see they had moved them in the full game, lol.

Fq5YvSw.gif

That's just before where I am in the game. I know what I'm doing tonight.

quick note, those guys tend to run away pretty quickly so best to kill them asap. And if you wanna save mana you can always use a melee class with a spell fencer secondary with thunder/thundara

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Are those the same enemies you could grind down on the beach next to the Wind Temple in the demo? I was disappointed to see they had moved them in the full game, lol.

Yes same mobs. They spawn in packs of 4 here. (east of flower town in the cave)
My preferred method is to have somebody go valkyrie and equip them with a speed boosting accessory, 2 handed from the knight class, and a good spear.

At the beginning of the fight brave once, and then use the sweeping AOE move twice. Click on auto battle, turn up encounter rate, and zone out for a bit. Your exp and JP will fly.

Yes same mobs. They spawn in packs of 4 here. (east of flower town in the cave)
My preferred method is to have somebody go valkyrie and equip them with a speed boosting accessory, 2 handed from the knight class, and a good spear.

At the beginning of the fight brave once, and then use the sweeping AOE move twice. Click on auto battle, turn up encounter rate, and zone out for a bit. Your exp and JP will fly.

Ah cool. Yeah, in the demo, I just had everyone sub Black Mage (and their main job was whatever I wanted to level up) and Thundara over and over until they all died. But your way is probably better/faster (since I had to go back to the Inn to rest every little bit).

I might turn off exp if I grind there for any length of time as I'm mainly doing it to get job levels up, not my actual character level. We'll see, though. xD Thanks for the tips!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Ah cool. Yeah, in the demo, I just had everyone sub Black Mage (and their main job was whatever I wanted to level up) and Thundara over and over until they all died. But your way is probably better/faster (since I had to go back to the Inn to rest every little bit).

I might turn off exp if I grind there for any length of time as I'm mainly doing it to get job levels up, not my actual character level. We'll see, though. xD Thanks for the tips!

There's most likely a better way. This was just the first place that I grinded and it went extremely fast and was in a convenient location.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah I'd do it just for JP and PG. I like opening up my options for how to play but don't want to go crazy OP.

Ricker

Add me to the MRGRGRGRGR camp.

Unacceptable.... :p

You can fight them whenever (once you 'Protect' and lock the encounter). They are overpowered for the level it states in the description so I would recommend being at least 1.5-2x the level requirement before attempting them, especially if you are playing on hard mode. I did a level 10 one last night with most of my characters around level 15 and got my ass handed to me a few times. I eventually downed it but it was pretty close. I probably could have abused items, friend summons, and specials to make it easier but I used up a bunch of stuff earlier in the day while experimenting.

For the victory, I got a Dexterity Bun which permanently increases the base Dexterity of any character. I will definitely be doing more of these in the future.

Thanks for this,I was about to try one at level 10 lol...I will wait then.

Salsa

I still haveng bought this cause im buying way too much stuff on my 3DS that im not playing

probably wont grab it till im done with SMTIV

ohlawd

k guys I'm on chapter 3. Gimme advice on how to sweep these monsters. I've maxed out the weapon shop but yeah uhhh these weapons are no good. At least I don't see why some of these are worth more than the Angel's Bow at 3.5k

cuz srsly all the mobs suddenly doubled their HP and they're going for like 6k HP or whatever. Such bullshit I don't wanna deal with this. I just make do triple braving and using Aquatic Slayer but it does shit damage when it doesn't crit - I'm talking in the 600s. Don't wanna use magic since I wanna conserve some MP.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
k guys I'm on chapter 3. Gimme advice on how to sweep these monsters. I've maxed out the weapon shop but yeah uhhh these weapons are no good. At least I don't see why some of these are worth more than the Angel's Bow at 3.5k

cuz srsly all the mobs suddenly doubled their HP and they're going for like 6k HP or whatever. Such bullshit I don't wanna deal with this. I just make do triple braving and using Aquatic Slayer but it does shit damage when it doesn't crit - I'm talking in the 600s. Don't wanna use magic since I wanna conserve some MP.

I just started act 3, so maybe that's why I'm not seeing the same issue (I still sweep them so far). I heard people have good luck using an
entertainer to buff the party

Isn't chapter 3 fire enemies anyway?

Busaiku

So anyone know where I can find
Ninja
?
I just managed to find
Pirate
, but I already beat
Swordmaster

Spoiled myself on the final boss while looking through GameFAQs...

Top Bottom