• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Buy it in store that accepts unopened returns, play it, wait for delivery of 2nd copy, return that one.

Lightning returns
csi_yeah_skyline.jpg

Using a weaker weapon might help as well. The Angel bow is REALLY good. I only just got rid of it near the end of chapter 3. Might just use only weapons and stuff you can get from the vendors?

I was thinking about that. Would make for a bit fairer fights. But at the same time, they are in my inventory, so I feel compelled to use them, lol. Hmm. That does seem like the best option or if nothing else, stop using 2x Thief. :x I like Thief a lot because of how fast they are as well as better steal success. But I feel like I'm cheesing the game now, so I might stop. I would have switched a while ago, but I'm limited on my damage dealing jobs so far. I guess I could go back to Monk and see how that performs.

I think I'm going to have to turn off encounters for a while. I haven't finished chapter 2 yet and my team is sitting pretty at lvl 36. I'm steam rolling everything. It's a little absurd.

I've abused the Angel Bow way too much in my JP grinding.

Kadin

What happens when you send multiple specials via Summon in one battle? Does it choose the better and stronger of them to your friends? Also can one be accidentally replaced by a weaker one or will it always keep the strongest until a stronger is sent? Hope that makes sense.

I think I'm going to have to turn off encounters for a while. I haven't finished chapter 2 yet and my team is sitting pretty at lvl 36. I'm steam rolling everything. It's a little absurd.

I've abused the Angel Bow way too much in my JP grinding.
Just turn off EXP gain if you want to still get more JP.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
What happens when you send multiple specials via Summon in one battle? Does it choose the better and stronger of them to your friends? Also can one be accidentally replaced by a weaker one or will it always keep the strongest until a stronger is sent? Hope that makes sense.

Just turn off EXP gain if you want to still get more JP.

It only send if you click send. The game makes our obviously you are sending because of the yellow border around the commands and the animation after the move is complete.

Kadin

It only send if you click send. The game makes our obviously you are sending because of the yellow border around the commands and the animation after the move is complete.
But what if you send multiple during one battle? Basically I want to keep the strongest sent but not sure until I send it, if it's stronger than the previous one.

Gaz_RB

Don't forget that it doesn't just save your greatest attack when you send it. Your friends can use it only once until you send it again. I thought it was once every 24 hours but it is not.

Kadin

Don't forget that it doesn't just save your greatest attack when you send it. Your friends can use it only once until you send it again. I thought it was once every 24 hours but it is not.
Yeah this is another aspect I'm not too clear on. So say I have an attack that has 4500 power. Once a friend chooses to use it, do I have any indication of that and I need to send it again? Or just re-send again the next day?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Awww. That means I have to get another 5k+ move to send.

Gaz_RB

Yeah this is another aspect I'm not too clear on. So say I have an attack that has 4500 power. Once a friend chooses to use it, do I have any indication of that and I need to send it again? Or just re-send again the next day?
I usually just send one every few hours or so. I don't think there is any indication they've used it.

I usually just send one every few hours or so. I don't think there is any indication they've used it.

On the topic of sending skills, does anybody else go grind out trash mobs if they end up using their special and it does no damage to whatever you used it on/they resisted/defended against it? I always feel bad sending ~500 damage attacks when I mess up during a fight.

Kadin

On the topic of sending skills, does anybody else go grind out trash mobs if they end up using their special and it does no damage to whatever you used it on/they resisted/defended against it? I always feel bad sending ~500 damage attacks when I mess up during a fight.
Yeah I just did this. Used a special that I FORGOT to send that did like 2800 Power and then finally just resent it and it only did 980 Power. It was my own stupid fault for not focusing on the proper enemy... lol

Gaz_RB

Yup. Can't give my homies a weak attack!

And I have to have the strongest Streetpass attack on my campus or I'll feel bad about myself.

Kadin

One last question about sending and I'll stop bugging you guys with this. Does the information become immediately available to my friends after the fight ends when it says it updates the Streetpass or do I still have to save and do the 'Update Data'?

Gaz_RB

One last question about sending and I'll stop bugging you guys with this. Does the information become immediately available to my friends after the fight ends when it says it updates the Streetpass or do I still have to save and do the 'Update Data'?

You don't have to "update data", they do. I believe your data is automatically uploaded after the battle, and in order for them to claim it, they have to Update Data. Not 100% sure, but I believe that's how it works.

So, ABLinks. Are the job levels we're getting through ABLink the highest levels that person has unlocked across ALL of their characters?

Or is it just the highest levels associated with the character they're sending out for attack summons?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just got mine from Amazon. Left side and bottom are messed up. Thanks Amazon packaging. The front and back are perfect for the most part. Think I'll just keep it.

So, ABLinks. Are the job levels we're getting through ABLink the highest levels that person has unlocked across ALL of their characters?

Or is it just the highest levels associated with the character they're sending out for attack summons?

I was under the assumption that its the highest level across all their characters, would make sense since some people on my friends list have absurd # of job skills unlocked for the amount of time played

Does anyone have any inkling of how/where the game pulls people over the network for you? Everyday when I do this I get either no Nemesis at all, or a single Beezlebub or whatever that lvl 10 guy is called. I want to see other Nemesis'! The very first time I did this I got a couple Belphegor's but never again. I can kill Beezle with a single character's turn, give me something stronger, game! Or an elixir dropping Mammon please! ;p

Does anyone have any inkling of how/where the game pulls people over the network for you? Everyday when I do this I get either no Nemesis at all, or a single Beezlebub or whatever that lvl 10 guy is called. I want to see other Nemesis'! The very first time I did this I got a couple Belphegor's but never again. I can kill Beezle with a single character's turn, give me something stronger, game! Or an elixir dropping Mammon please! ;p

I think people have to send them for you to receive them though I'm not sure where they originate from

I thought it was kind of neat that you can find a
kunai hidden in the house.
Not sure if it's there before or after this but it made me smile anyways.

you know, Kikyo doesn't really talk that fast given how her text appears
theyprobablyjustdiditfordramaticeffectofcourse

I think people have to send them for you to receive them though I'm not sure where they originate from
Yeah they do but I'm getting a crappy pool! I want to draw from somewhere else haha I'm hoping Square starts releasing some since at this rate it's the only way I'll get them :(

Doombear

Received my CE replacement from Amazon, after informing them the first one was shipped in a flimsy bubble mailer...

So they shipped this one in a flimsy bubble mailer and is even more beat up than the first one.

Me too... awesome. I don't even know what to suggest as a solution at this point. Crushed box > no box. So whatever. Thanks Amazon.

Rebel Leader

What do you do after you defeat the merchant? I tried to go back at night but nothing was there.

I believe that's for subquest 2
Availability: In Chapter 1, after restoring wind the back, go to Anchiem and see the speech with the King.

Yup. Can't give my homies a weak attack!

And I have to have the strongest Streetpass attack on my campus or I'll feel bad about myself.

Ha, I just used your 1000+ damage spell, thanks!

I still have no idea how to send mine or update mine for better power? It says I'm at a measly 100 power...how do I get it up there?

Gaz_RB

Ha, I just used your 1000+ damage spell, thanks!

I still have no idea how to send mine or update mine for better power? It says I'm at a measly 100 power...how do I get it up there?

No problem! I've been sending some healing ones too!

And you just gotta keep on leveling and learning new special attacks. Then go find a weaker enemy and pound him with it after selecting Send.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Me too... awesome. I don't even know what to suggest as a solution at this point. Crushed box > no box. So whatever. Thanks Amazon.

At least there is a chance you will get a good one, i bought at best buy and all they told me was tough shit. I can return it or keep it, they have no other copies so they told me to fuck off. Did Gamestop fuck their shipments up too? is the box really that much of a POS?

Rebel Leader

At least there is a chance you will get a good one, i bought at best buy and all they told me was tough shit. I can return it or keep it, they have no other copies so they told me to fuck off. Did Gamestop fuck their shipments up too? is the box really that much of a POS?

yes

Doombear

WAS a chance. This is the replacement mind you, with the CE now looking like it is out of stock for good other than $99 resellers. The original showed up on launch day crushed. Spoke to CS and he totally understood the value of a collector's edition package, said he would request a box shipment. That replacement showed up today, in worse condition than the first. Got a $15 partial refund, and mailing the worse one of them back.

Meanwhile there are people out there who haven't even seen their initial order ship. Sorry for them even more, as they have yet to even get to play this thing.

Top Bottom