• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

B.K.

Just got the
Ranger
job. It was a pretty easy fight after I set a Fire effect to the special moves and Spell Fencer + Fira + Stomp did about 1800 damage each turn.

Does the Thief have a better chance at stealing better items? Or do the enemies all have set items that you steal from no matter if you are Thief main or subjob? I mean, I'm sure the Thief has better odds of success with steal no matter what, but I just means in terms of the items themselves.

RDreamer

Wow, the
Dragon boss
was absolutely ridiculously easy. I had saved up 2 specials to unleash right away from the dungeon. One gave plus physical attack, and the other upped criticals by 400%. Then with the Angel Bow and those claws you get from the norende stuff, I beat him in like two turns... He only got one attack in I think.

macklelol

Chapter 2 -
Any tips on how to survive
Zuisudra's Sin
?

Like...what level should I be or what equipment is best.

Equip one of your party members with the Abate Water ability or water resist accessory, if you have one. You can get Abate Water from leveling a white mage. I think it's like level 6 or 7.

Vamphuntr

Just got the
Vampire
job. The whole dungeon was really long and painful. Had to cheese the boss with Utsutemi/Turn Tables and Rampart because he was doing way too much damage. First boss I encountered that I had to grind a while for JP to beat and had to cheese. 22/24 jobs acquired.

JP farming is pretty quick now that I have a strategy in place. I'm having fun with the game. Pretty much hooked on it when I have time.

Angelic Ward from white mage can also be useful, but i don't know what level that's from.

lvl 8 white mage. I also stacked MDef/classes accessories. First time I clicked on it I didnt realize it would wipe my entire party. I hadn't saved in about a 1/2 hour :/

I think I need help with this grinding addiction. I'm at lvl 30 and still at the prologue.... On the other hand my Norende village is turning out fine. Lol

georly

Am I doing something wrong? I just streetpassed 5 people that said they've been playing bravely default (4 actual game, 1 demo) all from USA via streetpass relay, but I didn't get a single bravely default streetpass. I was able to streetpass people yesterday (using my other 3ds downloading the demo), but none of them gave me a streetpass. What gives?

Busaiku

what about it didn't you expect, exactly?

anddidyouknowifyouexaminethebodiesorwhateverenoughtimesyoucanactuallysavethemfromdying?
Idon'tknowwhyI'mtypinglikethiseither

Wait seriously?!
I'm on Grandship, is it too late?
Also, that was sarcasm.

I think I need help with this grinding addiction. I'm at lvl 30 and still at the prologue.... On the other hand my Norende village is turning out fine. Lol

Or you could just turn the difficulty to easy and not grind at all. Same difference, except you're literally saving yourself hours of time wasted.

Holy shit. And I thought I was overleveled for where I was in the game, lol. I ended up turning off Exp for a bit and just recently turned it back on.

I'm grinding because it's fun, I'm level 40 and I'm still in chapter 2 haha. Maybe ZaWarudo feels the same? :p

Same, I love grinding too, just finishing up chapter 2 at lvl 38 with 101 abilities unlocked. Had to turn off xp gain while I grinded but it is so damn addicting lol. Each of my characters has at least 4-5 lvl 9 jobs already :) Moneywise, I'm 1/2 way to my first egg!

LProtag

I assume the massive increase in JP required for leveling up jobs at around level 10 is the game telling me to try out some new stuff?

What would you recommend I add to these characters? I'm in Chapter 2. Spoilers in case people are worried about what jobs there are, I guess.

Knight/Some Spell Fencer/Little bit of Monk
White Mage/Some Black Mage/Little bit of Time Mage
Black Mage/Good amount of Spell Fencer/Little bit of Knight
Thief/Little bit of Knight/Little bit of Monk

I'm at the point where I just got Summoner and Ranger

Or you could just turn the difficulty to easy and not grind at all. Same difference, except you're literally saving yourself hours of time wasted.

It doesn't take hours to grind in this game. With auto battle, turbo, and combat bonuses it can be done quickly and effortlessly. You can grind while barely even paying attention to the game. I imagine that's why so many are doing it.

what in the world
how do you not get bored from grinding on enemies that give out no XP/JP at that point?
Just love Grinding TBH :p

wut. The next like 15 hours are gonna be boring as hell as you roll over everything.
Great!
Okay but that's kinda boring lol Gotta go hard man!
I'm grinding because it's fun, I'm level 40 and I'm still in chapter 2 haha. Maybe ZaWarudo feels the same? :p
You know it! :D

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So how many people are playing on hard? You guys should try it! Especially the people who don't like the faceroll regular enemies. I think hard strikes the perfect difficulty curve if you don't grind. Enemies in the first screen of a dungeon are still one-shot, but as soon as you move onto the second/third screen and they mix in a bigger monster, it gets trickier. Finally, the last floor will usually have some enemy configurations that take 2-3 turns to deal with.

Bosses are an incredibly fun challenge as well. They definitely feel like bosses and I wouldn't have been able to beat a few without strategic special move chaining (no friend summons). Since it's so easy to toggle the difficulty, I urge you guys to try it out.

So how many people are playing on hard? You guys should try it! Especially the people who don't like the faceroll regular enemies. I think hard strikes the perfect difficulty curve if you don't grind. Enemies in the first screen of a dungeon are still one-shot, but as soon as you move onto the second/third screen and they mix in a bigger monster, it gets trickier. Finally, the last floor will usually have some enemy configurations that take 2-3 turns to deal with.

Bosses are an incredibly fun challenge as well. They definitely feel like bosses and I wouldn't have been able to beat a few without strategic special move chaining (no friend summons). Since it's so easy to toggle the difficulty, I urge you guys to try it out.
Already have since the start man! Hard is the way to go! With 100% encounter rate on *it feels soo good*

Must be a localization error-Japanese clearly says "effect does not stack"
Spanish localization also has the same error, it says it stack but it doesn't with that hability. Seems someone slipped with the english script, and all the other localisations were translated directly from the english one.

Dreavus

Is there any place where friend codes have been collected? I need to add some others who are playing this game! I need more than just a friend-bot!

I'm in the middle of chapter 1 at the moment.

rybrad

I agree with this, I feel like hard has been a great choice. I haven't done any grinding and the only real issue I had was the end boss of Chapter 2 (which was fucking nuts). I read a lot of posts beforehand about hard being overly hard but like most things difficulty related, it was overblown.

Top Bottom