• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

helium121

Banned
Got mine from Amazon and it was smashed. They can't replace it. Never ordering from Amazon again.

Same thing happened to me too. Not only did the overnight delivery I paid for not get the game to me on the release date when they said it would but the box is destroyed. Why they ship these in a bubble mailer is beyond me.
This is the third time Amazon has screwed up one of my orders. I'm done with them and paying for Prime.

eojoko

Loving this game!

I
just restored the water crystal
and I've been so noncommittal that my Tiz is still a freelancer.
He just hit job level 10 and now gets x1.2 JP!
Now I have to decide what to make of him. This game's battle system is so good! I think I've been more creative with the others in my party, but I just haven't decided what to do with Tiz.

So looking at the event viewer, certain sid quest events have an "A" next to them, does this imply there are different endings?
I did the Ranger and Summoner quests and killed both crazy sisters, is there a way to save the two young girls?

Mature

Having a hard time with the
Red Mage
asterisk side quest.

I'm at the point where you have you go to Florem at night and find DeRosa. I get the event where Tiz and Ringabel follow him around, which then ends with Ringabel coming out of the Inn saying he needs a lap to sleep on. I read online that you have to do this multiple times, but I've already done it five times with the same event. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Edit:
Figured it out, there was another NPC to interact with.

Same thing happened to me too. Not only did the overnight delivery I paid for not get the game to me on the release date when they said it would but the box is destroyed. Why they ship these in a bubble mailer is beyond me.
This is the third time Amazon has screwed up one of my orders. I'm done with them and paying for Prime.

You should contact them and at least try to get a partial discount. I just got off of chat with a rep, and they're going to try and see if they can get a new copy for me to exchange. (Is that even possible?!?) And if they don't I'll at least get some discount/reimbursement.

Yeah, I'll have to wait a week, but screw it, it'll give me more time to finish Pokemon anyways. >_>

helium121

Banned
You should contact them and at least try to get a partial discount. I just got off of chat with a rep, and they're going to try and see if they can get a new copy for me to exchange. (Is that even possible?!?) And if they don't I'll at least get some discount/reimbursement.

Yeah, I'll have to wait a week, but screw it, it'll give me more time to finish Pokemon anyways. >_>

I've been in contact with them 3 times since Friday. All they can do is issue me a refund.

StAidan

Got mine from Amazon and it was smashed. They can't replace it. Never ordering from Amazon again.

Yeah, I can't believe they thought a bubble mailer was good enough for this flimsy CE box. The spine is creased on mine and the upper edge is dented pretty good. Why do I feel like I came away from this experience somewhat lucky? This is just stupid.

I've been in contact with them 3 times since Friday. All they can do is issue me a refund.

Do you get to keep your copy, though? Honestly, that'd be an awesome option, but the rep I was talking to made it seem like I'd have to return my copy when getting the full refund. -_-

Yeah, I can't believe they thought a bubble mailer was good enough for this flimsy CE box. The spine is creased on mine and the upper edge is dented pretty good. Why do I feel like I came away from this experience somewhat lucky? This is just stupid.
Or any CE for that matter! It's a pretty embarrassing slip up on their part.

Sandfox

Amazon always does this and I always see people complain about it.

My box had some slight damage on the inside corners and Amazon is giving me 10 bucks back. Good enough for me.

CE for the price of the standard.

That said.

What a piss poor decision amazon. Literally 95% of the stuff I order could be shipped in an envelope and they put it in a box. Yet everytime I want something in a box it's in a damn envelope? Lolz

Exentryk

So is Thief/Ninja a good combo once you get Godspeed strike and use the ninja's double wielding without hindrance support? I'm thinking of eventually doing that.

Godspeed strike works off your Agility, not P ATK. Thief/Freelancer is a good combo, so you can use - Godspeed Strike - Mimic x3. Also, 'Shakedown' along with 'Rob Blind' is great.

Man lots of messed up CEs from Amazon in this thread. I must have gotten the only one that came in a box, and even then one of the corners was slightly dented.

Haven't unwrapped the music CD yet, but the art book and ar cards are very nice. Wish we had gotten that figurine though:(

Erekiddo

Slight OT, kinda.

I received my Limited Edition copy in the mail from Amazon, and it came completely smashed due to it being in an envelope.

I pinged Amazon customer support to inquire as to why Limited runs of games are put into envelopes rather than small boxes, and they said they'd refund the $49.99 and that I could keep it.

How the hell does this company stay in business? Above and beyond, always.

Just got Edea. Where does one go to do sidequests?

Also, D's Journal is like reading scans of lore in Metroid Prime. Love it. Love the little drawings in it too.

Godspeed strike works off your Agility, not P ATK. Thief/Freelancer is a good combo, so you can use - Godspeed Strike - Mimic x3. Also, 'Shakedown' along with 'Rob Blind' is great.

I know, I was planning on using the falcon knives (?) or w/e the agility knives are plus continue to get agility equipment for Tiz. I've always been a fan of glass cannon characters so if I can really get dual falcon knives as a ninja with the godspeed strike I'll be happy. But seeing how those are the last reward of the special move store and how Ninja isn't unlocked till like 2 more chapters from where I'm currently in I have no rush. I'll probably continue to experiment until I get Ninja though but at least now I know my stopping point with thief.

KHlover

Banned
Slight OT, kinda.

I received my Limited Edition copy in the mail from Amazon, and it came completely smashed due to it being in an envelope.

I pinged Amazon customer support to inquire as to why Limited runs of games are put into envelopes rather than small boxes, and they said they'd refund the $49.99 and that I could keep it.

How the hell does this company stay in business? Above and beyond, always

By not pulling that kind of shit abroad, I imagine.

Everything I ordered from Amazon in Germany was:

Packaged very well and according to prize and size

Had free shipping

Was delivered earlier than estimated and in some cases even overnight (STANDARD shipping btw)

Pre-orders usually arrive 1-2 days before release (standard shipping)

Excellent customer service taking items back no questions asked and quickly does refunds.

10/10 would buy again.

oakenhild

Am I doing something wrong? I just streetpassed 5 people that said they've been playing bravely default (4 actual game, 1 demo) all from USA via streetpass relay, but I didn't get a single bravely default streetpass. I was able to streetpass people yesterday (using my other 3ds downloading the demo), but none of them gave me a streetpass. What gives?

I have this same issue. Anyone have any ideas?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Am I the only one annoyed that the two girls typically have 2 different armor designs then tiz and ringabell get stuck with the same get ups?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What a piss poor decision amazon. Literally 95% of the stuff I order could be shipped in an envelope and they put it in a box. Yet everytime I want something in a box it's in a damn envelope? Lolz
Just before I bought this game I got an SD card. It came in a box. A fucking tiny little SD card.

Amazon says the game got delivered, but I see no game :/. Mailman better not have fucked up.
Double check the tracking number yourself. Sometimes things get sent with need for you to be there, and if they stop by your place but need to attempt redelivery or pick up it will say it arrived on Amazon. If direct tracking says delivered, contact Amazon immediately to not appear shady.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So do Swordmasters get x3 damage bonus on katanas or something? Because this Mitsu-no-Kami has a fucking ridiculous price for the damage it does with no status effects.

Okay I think I had enough of the demo. It was fun. Time for the main game!

Also, the demo is how a demo should be done! Apart from the main game, gives you rewards, and gives you a taste of what the game is like at the same time!

Great job by Silicon Soft with the demo!

Kobiekun

Loving this game so far. This is the JRPG I've been waiting for.

If you're willing, please add me as a friend and send me a PM so I know to add you back. 1590-4683-5651

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
The way I did it was to have your same line up of classes, except my white mage had Angelic Ward equipped as her ability. Then what I did was have everyone default for the first two turns, then when they're health is low, have your WM cast heal all twice. Orthros' speed is fairly low, so you can usually get the cures in time. After that, have your WM default while everyone all out Braves with their stored up BP (black mage casts whatever is hits the weak point for each head, thief is unloading with angel bow, and knight, if you have it, is also going all out with an angel bow. but if you don't have two, it should be alright as long as you are unloading with the thief). Focus on one head at a time. Rinse and repeat. Once you take out one head, you're home free.

Defaulting and Braving correctly is very important. Basically you'll be defaulting almost every turn.

Also, try to have Damage Dispersion on your weaker black mage. I also equipped Iron Bangles on everyone and tried to get health and Magic Defense up as high as possible. Magic Defense is important.

TLDR: don't take this battle tit for tat. He will demolish you. Default most the time except for when you need to heal. Damage dispersion/angel ward is useful, as well as higher hp equips/abilites for the thief and knight. (This is coming from someone who spent all day today on Orthros and had a lot of difficulty at lvl 19)

Hope that helps! There might be a better way to do it :/

Got him! Thanks

I think I got lucky when I just unloaded on one of the heads early on, which caused him to counter and bite one person instead of doing a group attack. Stole an item from one of the heads and used it, which caused like 2.5K worth of damage. After one head was done, it was cake. Had no angelic ward, no blackmage damage split thing, no angel bows. LOL I feel kinda ghetto. Oh well :)

Top Bottom