• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

BP Recovery? Stillness? Arcanists? Salve-makers?

I like Vampires; they don't have super-awesome stats, but they're very versatile. I love spamming Firestorm from Chapter
and onwards.

Wow, I googled BP Recovery and that seems crazy! I am not really interested in gimmicky (and therefore less fun) team setups, although they are pretty cool. Instead I'd love to build a balanced party akin to an MMO group. My plan is:

Tiz - Magical Striker - Ninja/Spellfencer
Edea - Tank - Swordmaster/Knight
Ringabel - Physical Attacker - Pirate/Monk
Agnes - Healer - Spiritmaster/White Mage

I was just interested in some of the other, more out there, classes, such as the Vampire. For example, could I swap out Spellfencer on Tiz fo Vampire? Could I rebuild Ringabel as a Vampire main? Are there any other cool jobs/combos/tweaks people would like to suggest? This game is too awesomely filled with possibilities!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Boss in the (late ch 3 spoilers)
Fire Temple was fun. Energy Burst was nasty until I realized it was a physical attack.

Speaking of leaving 3DS in sleep mode... I had never really done that until this game. I've left my 3DS in sleep mode for like the past 4 days all night and all day (when I wasn't playing, of course). That's safe, right? I assume it is, and it's probably a dumb question, but just wanna make sure. :p

RangerBAD

Upgrade your gear at the
fox, at the tree house
, and make good use of default. Max default, then use Brave. Don't use Brave without getting a bunch of Defaults in first, otherwise
the dragon
will wreck you. If you have a knight, make sure he has white magic. A knight can take the hits easily and heal everyone up while they get ready to attack.

Well, I finally figured out to have one person who could take hits sub White Mage, use Cure on everyone every turn, Default with everyone until the
Dragon
uses Brave and hit him with a ton of Blizzards in the recovery turn. It wasn't completely smooth, but it worked.

Niraj

Speaking of leaving 3DS in sleep mode... I had never really done that until this game. I've left my 3DS in sleep mode for like the past 4 days all night and all day (when I wasn't playing, of course). That's safe, right? I assume it is, and it's probably a dumb question, but just wanna make sure. :p

As long as you keep it charged, there's no issue.

Gaz_RB

Oh yeah, I don't think I've ever closed out of a game or shut off the 3DS before I stopped playing something. No worries.

Fandangox

What does Ringabel mean at the beginning after
you go back to Caldisla after meeting Agnes and he says, "Good, you found each other." Was Tiz looking for Agnes?

He is just referring his journal, since it has written where he is supposed to go, and what people he will meet.

Also Chapter 2 Spoilers: Any strategies for beating
Red Mage Fiore DeRosa?

Baliis

For all the complaints about Digital River, my Lightning Returns CE came super well packed in a box, while Amazon sends Bravely Default in an envelope. Apparently I live in bizarro world.

Niraj

He is just referring his journal, since it has written where he is supposed to go, and what people he will meet.

Also Chapter 2 Spoilers: Any strategies for beating
Red Mage Fiore DeRosa?

If you have the
summoner
class, the level 2 ability will reduce lightning damage. That would probably help, and it isn't that hard to get.

Fandangox

Yeah they're from the village accessory shop . Expensive as hell too.

I haven't upgraded the accessory shop much, I think I will just do an alternate quest first, and come back to do this one later.

You don't necessarily need to beat the side-quests in the same chapter they appear on right? I mean are they always available once they are unlocked?

As long as you keep it charged, there's no issue.

Oh yeah, I don't think I've ever closed out of a game or shut off the 3DS before I stopped playing something. No worries.

Oh good to hear. I figured it would be safe, but just checkin', lol. It's actually very handy, and I'll probably start doing it more. No waiting for the game to load or anything like that since it's always on basically.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Chapter 2, 600+gp per fight

hVszpl0.gif

Fandangox

If you have the
summoner
class, the level 2 ability will reduce lightning damage. That would probably help, and it isn't that hard to get.

I do have it, hadn't used it yet. Sounds helpful for this battle. Will try to give it to 2 or 3 of my characters.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Edit: Beaten.

Anyways, the lack of variety in music is starting to get to me. They really focused on gameplay and graphics with this one.

Vamphuntr

What's the best way to make money in Chapter 5? I bought the growth egg and now I'm really broke and I want to buy the other expensive items T.T . Jobs mastering is a breeze with it though. With Unscathed Ace battles give between 450-999 JP. Battles are going smoothly too with Dual Wielding pirates with crescent moon.

I'm missing a job at this point, I have 23 out of 24. Is this normal?

What's the best way to make money in Chapter 5? I bought the growth egg and now I'm really broke and I want to buy the other expensive items T.T . Jobs mastering is a breeze with it though. With Unscathed Ace battles give between 450-999 JP. Battles are going smoothly too with Dual Wielding pirates with crescent moon.

I'm missing a job at this point, I have 23 out of 24. Is this normal?

Last job is in Chapter 6

Kadin

Well the stream was pretty much an advertising piece. Was cool to watch but if you missed it, you didn't miss much.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Honestly I have no idea how people are using monks. Whenever I look at them, they don't work the way as I thought.

? Monk has been making the game far more trivial than I expected. Just pure damage with a great healing ability as well. Invigorate->Super Strike(?)->Atk->Hidden Dragon was my go to combo for almost all fights in Ch. 1. Just no other class matched the sheer dmg if everything lands.

It's hard to take the dramatic scenes seriously when Tiz is dressed like a furry.

lol, I didn't know what you meant until now. Why does (Chapter 2 sidequest/job)
the Ranger job look like that? xD I know, hunting and all that, but even still. Kind of hilarious.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
lol, I didn't know what you meant until now. Why does (Chapter 2 sidequest/job)
the Ranger job look like that? xD I know, hunting and all that, but even still. Kind of hilarious.
Even better when it's Ringabel trying to charm the ladies.

Even better when it's Ringabel trying to charm the ladies.

haha xD

I currently have everyone as that job now (I generally level up a new job when I get it to at least 5), but I'm gonna have to switch it afterwards. I don't think I could take anything seriously with them in those outfits during cutscenes, lol.

Just got Time Mage and Spell Fencer. I'mma level up Spell Fencer but Time Mage seems like it doesn't get good till much later on and the way I grind has worked in my favor so far so debuffs aren't necessary right now. Hopefully something useful comes along by the time I reach level 9 with thief as that's when I plan to switch Tiz's class.

Also I know I'm not the only one who finds Ringabell's Special song the best song out of the game. Dat accordion.

Busaiku

Will I have until the end of chapter 4 to complete the sidequests?
I saw one show up, but
since I was so deep into the Central Command, and the Grandship wasn't available, I just went ahead and completed the Earth Temple.

Jindrael

Banned
Will I have until the end of chapter 4 to complete the sidequests?
I saw one show up, but
since I was so deep into the Central Command, and the Grandship wasn't available, I just went ahead and completed the Earth Temple.

You should be able to do the sidequest after the temple

Otheradam

Any of you guys want to friend me? Looking or a few more people to link with.

My code is 4828-4226-7251. Please pm me your code if you add me. Thanks.

Top Bottom