• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Mrgrgr
b2nd_06_cs1w1_400x.jpg

Go to Hartschild. Go to Caldisla. Go to Hartschild. Go to Caldisla. Go to...

Damn this game gets bad with awful and pointless backtracking. Thanks for making me travel back and forth across the map to see short and boring scenes.

Dang, I just got to 700K myself.

Annoyingly I just started a
NG+
so I can't send it. However if you add me, I should be sending a 500K summon.

EDIT

Go to Hartschild. Go to Caldisla. Go to Hartschild. Go to Caldisla. Go to...

Damn this game gets bad with awful and pointless backtracking. Thanks for making me travel back and forth across the map to see short and boring scenes.

Ohhh, that was painful. Worse thing was you just did the Performer sub-scenario not long ago.

Busaiku

What's the max level for job? It is wise to max the jobs or perhaps if you want skill from a certain job?

Higher job levels gives you better stats.
It takes forever to level up early on, so besides a couple useful abilities, it's probably not best to juggle too many jobs.

bumpkin

Got my Friend Summon to 877,169 now.

I would go higher but I don't want to wait on Norende.
Holy crap!

How does one increase the power of the character they send, anyways?

And how do you edit the profile/info attached to it? Whenever I bring up the Streetpass menu, it says my info is updated and then closes. :(

Korosenai

So for Valkyrie, should I be going for a Spear/Shield combo? Or should I use the Knight Two-Handed support ability, use one spear, and go for as much damage as possible?

Holy crap!

And how do you edit the profile/info attached to it? Whenever I bring up the Streetpass menu, it says my info is updated and then closes. :(

You need to use Summon Friend -> Send in battle.

To get big numbers, you can find a weak enemy, buff up your party and then unleash your most powerful special move. You must be using Bravely Second too.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
So for Valkyrie, should I be going for a Spear/Shield combo? Or should I use the Knight Two-Handed support ability, use on spear, and go for as much damage as possible?

I have the 2 handed ability with the sword fencer subclass =3

Lexxism

Higher job levels gives you better stats.
It takes forever to level up early on, so besides a couple useful abilities, it's probably not best to juggle too many jobs.

Oh, I see. I need an advice. I currently have the jobs of thief, monk, white mage, black mage, knight. What job should I be using?

So for Valkyrie, should I be going for a Spear/Shield combo? Or should I use the Knight Two-Handed support ability, use one spear, and go for as much damage as possible?

I've never found an use for shields (except for healers); two-handed all the way!

Except for when you have a Knight with
dual shields
... so broken.

You need to use Summon Friend -> Send in battle.

To get big numbers, you can find a weak enemy, buff up your party and then unleash your most powerful special move. You must be using Bravely Second too.

Does it record just a single blow? or does it record a whole character's turn if you brave 4 times for it to stack the damage?

pikmin_trainer

Neo Member
Holy crap!

The Summon option in battle has a Send command, which will send the next attack you do to as your Friend Summon. If you use Bravely Second you can break the normal 9,999 damage limit and deal up to 999,999 damage.

You need the right set up to get 999,999 damage. It isn't too hard, but my Norende just doesn't have the special moves I need.

Busaiku

Oh, I see. I need an advice. I currently have the jobs of thief, monk, white mage, black mage, knight. What job should I be using?
I'm only on chapter 4, so others probably have a better grasp than me, but so far, it's really hard to say.
Thief and Monk are really good for autopiloting random encounters (even in chapter 4), Knight is better at dealing with bosses, White Mage is good for its skills, and Black Magic will be essential for a bunch of enemies in chapter 3 and 4.
I only generally have 1 dedicated magic user at a time, 2 strong physical attackers, and a hybrid support character (not White Mage though), some battles became problematic, but for the most part, I can get by on autobattle.

TheContact

so I was in yulyana (sp?) Woods (well the cave before it) and met the summoner of the water Vestal who proceeded to one shot my party. I didn't save for about 20 minutes before that. I knew I should have saved but I expected at least a challenging fight not a blowout

Does it record just a single blow? or does it record a whole character's turn if you brave 4 times for it to stack the damage?

Just one blow.

so I was in yulyana (sp?) Woods and met the summoner of the water Vestal who proceeded to one shot my party. I didn't save for about 20 minutes before that. I knew I should have saved but I expected at least a challenging fight not a blowout

Ouch that sucks. They should have made failure leave you with 1 HP or something.

pikmin_trainer

Neo Member
so I was in yulyana (sp?) Woods (well the cave before it) and met the summoner of the water Vestal who proceeded to one shot my party. I didn't save for about 20 minutes before that. I knew I should have saved but I expected at least a challenging fight not a blowout

The summon spells aren't really fights, you just have to survive the attack and you get the summon.

Just one blow.

Ah, so much for my plan of how to get to 999,9999 then. I wonder how many attacks are capable of reaching it? I'd still think the one I plan on using, the final ability for
Pirate
should be able to achieve it. Oh, that reminds me, can you stack Love Power multiple times? I've only ever tried using it once but I know certain ablilties can stack, just not sure which ones.

Mik317

Game is pretty awesome. The graphics are pretty good (except the artifacting on the cutscense...wtf). The VO isn't perfect but the translation is fantastic so far. Hopefully the story goes places because this could be a great ride

I'm only on chapter 4, so others probably have a better grasp than me, but so far, it's really hard to say.
Thief and Monk are really good for autopiloting random encounters (even in chapter 4), Knight is better at dealing with bosses, White Mage is good for its skills, and Black Magic will be essential for a bunch of enemies in chapter 3 and 4.

Monk(Level 7) is doing a lot of damage for me currently. I'm on Chapter 1 and just running around the Woods leveling up

How many magic users are you guys using/building? Because I kind of just like the physical jobs way too much so I only have Agnes switching between white and black mage

Right now I'm looking something like:

Tiz: Free (4); Monk (8); just switched to Knight

Agnes: White (7 or 8); Black (3 or 4)

Ringabell: Monk (4 maybe); Thief (7 or 8)

Edea: Knight (8); just switched to the magic sword job

Should I be delving into Time mage at all? Or merchant?

Anyone have any suggestions for my paths with the characters?

Didn't someone say there was a good spot to level off those green frog type enemies in a cave? I found the cave (I think), but they don't seem to spawn all that often and when they do, there's usually only like 2 (sometimes at most 4). In the demo, there was a spawn of 6 on that beach to the south of the Wind Temple which gave crazy job points. But I can't seem to find a good spot in the full game really.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Didn't someone say there was a good spot to level off those green frog type enemies in a cave? I found the cave (I think), but they don't seem to spawn all that often and when they do, there's usually only like 2 (sometimes at most 4). In the demo, there was a spawn of 6 on that beach to the south of the Wind Temple which gave crazy job points. But I can't seem to find a good spot in the full game really.

how much jp?

----

Ringabell hears a mix bat- AND HE'S GONE

Ah, so much for my plan of how to get to 999,9999 then. I wonder how many attacks are capable of reaching it? I'd still think the one I plan on using, the final ability for
Pirate
should be able to achieve it. Oh, that reminds me, can you stack Love Power multiple times? I've only ever tried using it once but I know certain ablilties can stack, just not sure which ones.

Love Power can get you up to 150% Physical Attack if you use it twice, which is ace.

Hmm, I don't *think* that ability will cut it unless you really mess with the buffs and multipliers. An easy way is to use the best Special Moves from Norende; you just need one good multiplier.

Super easy way is
naked Pirate with Natural Talent and Knuckle Lore.

Hey what carries over? From what you're saying I take it weapons and job levels don't...?

Everything, I believe.

But I'm in the first few minutes of the game and don't have Special Moves to use : P

Please explain. How is this broken?

Take close to zero damage from physical bosses. Your offence will be crippled, but you can use Super Charge every two turns for next to max damage.

Or you can compound attack items.

How many magic users are you guys using/building? Because I kind of just like the physical jobs way too much so I only have Agnes switching between white and black mage

Right now I'm looking something like:

Tiz: Free (4); Monk (8); just switched to Knight

Agnes: White (7 or 8); Black (3 or 4)

Ringabell: Monk (4 maybe); Thief (7 or 8)

Edea: Knight (8); just switched to the magic sword job

Should I be delving into Time mage at all? Or merchant?

Anyone have any suggestions for my paths with the characters?

Agnes - White Mage and Edea - Black Mage. It's taking so long to level up the Job classes that I'm trying to stick to one and level it to high levels before switching. I'm finding this a big difference from the demo. Even Job Level 4 in the demo seems easy compared to the JPs you're getting in the real game.

Fandangox

Take close to zero damage from physical bosses. Your offence will be crippled, but you can use Super Charge every two turns for next to max damage.

Or you can compound attack items.

Sounds like it'd be good to have a knight with two shields learn supporting abilities such as from the Performer class, or the Time Mage class. So essentially a very good physical wall that can buff your party.

Top Bottom