• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Protag

Banned
It is a chance based ability. If you read the tooltip it tells you that it will do a percentage of damage based on your maximum HP if it fails. You can level up Freelancer for a support ability that improves chance based abilities. I imagine that would work for this.

I imagine that its a passive skill then?

Lightning will save my soul.

someone, find a way to gif Victoria killing
Olivia
, and replace her with Lightning instead

edit: fuck the screen flashes during that scene doesn't it
fffffff

PS4 is now available again, so things saw some movements, but still

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_10

Bravely is still the best selling game. ...How.

how about giving rankings instead

Bravely Default-6th

FFXIII: LR
PS3-12th
360-73rd (wow it fell off fast)

You know, some/most of these sidequests are kind of...dark? Like
looking back, jeez, how many people have I murdered? Sure, they were evil and yada yada, but our heroes have quite the blood on their hands so far, lol.
I just did the (chapter 2 sidequest)
Valkyrie quest. Had a kind of sad/touching ending, I thought. Poor Edea... :(

Soul Beat

I got spoiled thanks to miiverse. So that's nice.

I wish there was a way to let people know what kind of spoilers you're about to look at before actually clicking on the damn thing.

Leezard

So uh...

I just got the Summoner job and was walking to the next quest and I saw an owl looking dude and accepted his quest....

And, I'm obliterated with only Agnes (Summoner) alive...I got the summon so cool? Was a huge shock lol.

Yeah, you gain summons a bit different than normal in this game.

Finished the Chapter 3 wild goose chase side quest to unlock the
Performer
job. The jumps between locations really don't bother me as much as how passive the whole sequence was. I like following the story but would have rather had something, anything to do along the way besides just listening.

Ooh, just got Asmodeus from an American player. Was kind of looking for that.

Haven't had Satan for ages... I want to study his attack pattern : (

looking back, jeez, how many people have I murdered? Sure, they were evil and yada yada, but our heroes have quite the blood on their hands so far, lol.

I love how the party simply gives no fucks about
killing their enemies, rather than letting them surrender or run away.
It's refreshing because so few games do this

actually, towards the end of the game it becomes rather stupid

Dang, you caught me before I totally edited my post.

I don't want to spend time farming JP again D:

you can hit the regular damage cap on a LLG by Othros :p

endgame spoilers:
lmao wasn't expecting Airy to turn into that.

which ending, the true ending or the normal ending?

Love Power can get you up to 150% Physical Attack if you use it twice, which is ace.

Hmm, I don't *think* that ability will cut it unless you really mess with the buffs and multipliers. An easy way is to use the best Special Moves from Norende; you just need one good multiplier.

Super easy way is
naked Pirate with Natural Talent and Knuckle Lore.
Ah so you can, nice. I had the ladies on that job until I obtained Ninja and I probably won't ever bother to go back unless it's to just create a super 9999999 attack real quick haha Well, I already have Ringabel maxed at
Pirate and he has Natural Talent so shouldn't be hard to get the last thing when I find a good grind spot
wtf

anyway, how far is everyone on this game right now

if in chapters 1-4, list the most recent boss you beat too

I'm glad you asked because I just bent over and completely reamed that (ch4 spoilers)
absurdly arrogant and annoying little bitch in your avatar and her douchey companion
last night :D Felt so good after
they ran their mouths all game about how powerful they are and I made sure to kill her first so he could cry about her loss before joining her
mwhahaha I stopped playing last night right where I'm supposed to fight the
Templar
but I started grinding right outside the dungeon a bit instead. I'm trying to ask where the best place to grind is in chapter 4 in the other thread but I swear no matter what chapter I ask this for it's always "Wait until you reach chapter".......I understand you get more JP later but it defeats the point of me powering up if I can't face roll everything all game long. I'm not looking to just be strong for the end game. So, if you guys know where I should grind in Chapter 4, please tell!

haha, I know. I actually felt kind of bad about (chapter 1 sidequest spoiler)
killing the Thief guy. I mean, his sob story about being abandoned by his parents (explaining why he became a thief basically) made me feel kind of bad about the outcome of that. Yeah, what he was doing was really bad, but put him in jail or something. He seemed really young, too.
:x

Ooh, just got Asmodeus from an American player. Was kind of looking for that.

Haven't had Satan for ages... I want to study his attack pattern : (
Oh that was my other question that didn't get answered, yesterday I received two Asmodeus', one from NA and the other from Japan, what are the differences? They seem to be the same level but is one harder than the other? Different drops? Different things to steal? It seems like the Japan Nemesis' will never expire because the expiration date is always already over when I get them hehe So I guess I have to kill them to get rid of them.

Me too! I brought this up to a friend just yesterday. I think it's namely appreciated if you've watched or read battle shounen.

Does anybody here have a merchant with dark cartel (level 11 merchant) or a Mammon nemesis in their village they're willing to share? If so would you be willing to add me as a friend? Friend code is 2723- 8950-2319. If you do add me let me know and I'll add you back. I'll love you forever.

So, um...

Early Chapter 3
What in the hell is Zatz supposed to be? The D's Journal says that he's a man but he's clearly some kind of creature. The only thing I can tell for sure is he got his weave done at the same place Beyoncé goes to :/

Does anybody here have a merchant with dark cartel (level 11 merchant) or a Mammon nemesis in their village they're willing to share? If so would you be willing to add me as a friend? Friend code is 2723- 8950-2319. If you do add me let me know and I'll add you back. I'll love you forever.

From what I've heard, you can't share Nemesis via internet friends in the game. Or I mean, they have to be streetpassed to you, so either you wait for the daily update to get new ones, or you have to streetpass someone who can send you one. That's what I was told, anyways. I wish friends could send you certain Nemesis - I've been looking for the Mammon for a while now.

So, um...

imagesekk11.jpg

Ryne

Doing pretty badly with damage output, but I still am early into the game
(getting the rainbow thread)

Any jobs/quests I can do before
getting the thread?
I have the merchant and thief side quest jobs already

From what I've heard, you can't share Nemesis via internet friends in the game. Or I mean, they have to be streetpassed to you, so either you wait for the daily update to get new ones, or you have to streetpass someone who can send you one. That's what I was told, anyways. I wish friends could send you certain Nemesis - I've been looking for the Mammon for a while now.

If that's the case that's a shame. From the hundreds of students I walk by on a daily occurence, especially in the engineering area, I've only had like 2-3 actual street passers in the past 2-3 days I've had the 3DS with me with Bravely Default on. If that's the case I'll have to find somebody with the level 11 merchant who is willing to friend me.

Otheradam

Does the city continue to be built if you put the 3ds to sleep mode via the on/of button? Or only when you physical close the system with the game running?

I really should start watching the Simpsons again, I had no idea they changed the show's concept that much. And here I was thinking that Archer was the only show trying to shake things up.

But seriously, I hope that this gets explained later in the chapter and they don't just leave it hanging.

I was more shocked at the Chapter 2
summoner sidequest. Holy crap that was just plain cruel all around. I was expecting another semi-quirky miniboss squad like the first two chapters but every event with the Bloodrose just left me feeling really uncomfortable. One wonders why they didn't just storm Florem instead of... whatever it was their plan was.

I got spoiled thanks to miiverse. So that's nice.

I wish there was a way to let people know what kind of spoilers you're about to look at before actually clicking on the damn thing.

For some reason, Miiverse seems worse than usual

Does the city continue to be built if you put the 3ds to sleep mode via the on/of button? Or only when you physical close the system with the game running?

Yes, if you have workers on each task. Time sleep equals time in the real world

summoner sidequest. Holy crap that was just plain cruel all around. I was expecting another semi-quirky miniboss squad like the first two chapters but every event with the Bloodrose just left me feeling really uncomfortable. One wonders why they didn't just storm Florem instead of... whatever it was their plan was.

Oh yeah, that was definitely more shocking than what I was talking about. But (chapter 2)
we had nothing to do with those girls deaths - we tried to save them. So I didn't feel quite as bad about it (in terms of "what did I just do..?"), lol. If that makes any sense. :p

They weren't trying to destroy Florem, they were trying to destroy their culture and way of life. Everything the Eternians have been doing has been about destroying people's faith in the crystals for some reason that I'm sure gets explained later. It's really dark stuff though, especially for a SE game

macklelol

Beat the game and got the true ending.

I don't really have much to say, other than fuck doing that shit 5 times in a row. And I guess I'll be looking forward to the sequel.

Delio

So help? I'm kinda stuck on the
Red Mage
battle. Everytime i hit he gains BP and just cura's all the way back to full. I cant slience him so is it a matter of just outpacing him damage wise? Party is currently level 29 and i have two Spell Fencers, Black mage and a white mage.

So help? I'm kinda stuck on the
Red Mage
battle. Everytime i hit he gains BP and just cura's all the way back to full. I cant slience him so is it a matter of just outpacing him damage wise? Party is currently level 29 and i have two Spell Fencers, Black mage and a white mage.

You should be able to outdamage him if your damage dealers use the Two-Handed ability, and maybe spam Stomp or Qigong wave or something. And if his damage output is too strong, and you've unlocked the Summoner class, just level that up to level 2 to get Abate Lightning.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Oh yeah, that was definitely more shocking than what I was talking about. But (chapter 2)
we had nothing to do with those girls deaths - we tried to save them. So I didn't feel quite as bad about it (in terms of "what did I just do..?"), lol. If that makes any sense. :p
none of it would have happened... but on you marched... and for what

Yes spec ops quote

Delio

You should be able to outdamage him if your damage dealers use the Two-Handed ability, and maybe spam Stomp or Qigong wave or something. And if his damage output is too strong, and you've unlocked the Summoner class, just level that up to level 2 to get Abate Lightning.

Thanks a bunch. Followed your suggestions and was able to beat him this time.

Do you ever get spell scrolls from any source other than buying them from stores? Or should I always just buy out the whole shop whenever there is new stuff?

Top Bottom