• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

MrBS

I'm really enjoying the social features of this game. Day three for me and up to 47 villagers at this stage. Nice. I've barely put any time into the game (only just got my full party) but I'm doing quite well with the village building. Send/receive feature is nice too. I'm hoping to put some real time into the game today.

It will be nice when MrsBS gets her copy and we can start to boost each other.

I'm really enjoying the social features of this game. Day three for me and up to 47 villagers at this stage. Nice. I've barely put any time into the game (only just got my full party) but I'm doing quite well with the village building. Send/receive feature is nice too. I'm hoping to put some real time into the game today.

I'm day 4 and only have 17 villagers :'(

Nobody street passes me.

Today I get one Nemesis, a Mammon...it's name is in Japanese and my mind is convinced that it must be the elixir variety, my heart skips. I swap both ladies to thief and equip one with thieves gloves and the steal attempts begin. Will it be Elixir or Ether? I brave x4 with each girl and successful steal in the first round! Which did I get?
:(

Ugh, I really just can't decide on what jobs to give people

Does anyone have any decent suggestions for some job combinations to work on? Other than the obvious white/black mage?

Is there any reason to start working on time mages or merchants?

Also, I'm just about to get Ranger I believe, so that's where I am storywise...

massoluk

Banned
Heh, the conversation in this game.

Agnes: "Is this a bow? OMG OMG"
Tiz: "Oh you never seen one?"
Agnes: "Nope. Can I try? Can I try?"

Problem: My Agnes been using bow for the last 10-15 levels.

Continuation from the summoner sidequest, the
Pirate quest made me realize that I killed the bitch who turned out to be the lover of the captain of the Ghost ship.

I'm actually enjoying the contrast in art style with the actual dark themes in this game. Reminds me of Nintendo games.

Today I get one Nemesis, a Mammon...it's name is in Japanese and my mind is convinced that it must be the elixir variety, my heart skips. I swap both ladies to thief and equip one with thieves gloves and the steal attempts begin. Will it be Elixir or Ether? I brave x4 with each girl and successful steal in the first round! Which did I get?
:(

At least you got a Mammon! :(

SE needs to quit sending me level 70 Nemesis...

Heh, the conversation in this game.

Agnes: "Is this a bow? OMG OMG"
Tiz: "Oh you never seen one?"
Agnes: "Nope. Can I try? Can I try?"

Problem: My Agnes been using bow for the last 10-15 levels.

lol, yeah same with mine. I was like "err, how were you doing 700+ during battles with no arrows then?!" :p I mean, I love the little skits, but sometimes they don't really jive with the gameplay all that much, lol.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

I am a little disappointed by my local streetpass fairings. I average around 7 or 8 a day yet I've only met around 5 or so that are actually playing the full game. Plenty have played the demo though.

At least you got a Mammon! :(

SE needs to quit sending me level 70 Nemesis...

lol, yeah same with mine. I was like "err, how were you doing 700+ during battles with no arrows then?!" :p I mean, I love the little skits, but sometimes they don't really jive with the gameplay all that much, lol.

I know that feel, my roommate has that one share so I've gotten two a day since he received it! I told him to stop sharing it, 5 of my 7 slots are taken up by that guy now haha At least they will disappear tomorrow except the Japanese one I'm guessing since it's way past it's expiration date. Not sure how that works but I guess I'll know for sure if he is still there after the NA ones disappear.

Jirotrom

with that said... can someone care to explain the point of the nemesis figures in the village and also how the specials work. Im confused on how lets say a dual wield special works and builds up if you are dual wielding a sword and a dagger. different weapon types?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I apologize if this has been asked already, but what are the blank portraits next to the characters in the menu screen?

you use ablink and link friends there to use the abilities they've leveled up but you haven't yet.

So, my character has lvl 9 jobs in almost everything, and if I were on your friend's list, then you could link me to one of your characters and use abilities across the jobs I've leveled even if you're still level 1 job level 1

Gotchaye

with that said... can someone care to explain the point of the nemesis figures in the village and also how the specials work. Im confused on how lets say a dual wield special works and builds up if you are dual wielding a sword and a dagger. different weapon types?

You can build stacks for both specials simultaneously. It can be a good way to fit in another spear, sword, or katana if you find your buffs are expiring during boss fights. They have to be two different kinds of weapons, though.

HawthorneKitty

Nemesis fights net you a range of benefits from EXP, JP, PG and even items and some other stuff. You can see how specials can be available to use by the specifics they require when editing them. If you wield two different weapon types, you can unleash 2 different Special trees.

Jirotrom

You can build stacks for both specials simultaneously. It can be a good way to fit in another spear, sword, or katana if you find your buffs are expiring during boss fights. They have to be two different kinds of weapons, though.

@ Hawthorne... many thanks!

Im seriously loving this game. so damn good

So.. question. I'm getting to the point where some of my jobs are level 9 now and the "tnl" is like 3500 jp... that is a massive jump, so... I take it I should ignore it for now and focus on other lower level jobs until I get to the point where I'm getting decent jp? Right now (just finishing up Chapter 2), I'm getting like 20-30 jp per fight generally.

Neverfade

Early Chapter 2:
"No, Olivia should be the one to do it." Are you fucking kidding me? The world is going to shit and you're worried that everyone in class gets a piece of bubblegum? Bitch, FUCK Olivia.
Infuriating.

HawthorneKitty

So in Ch5, anyone know any good grind spots?
Florem overworld [Day]
Get a Growth Egg
Equip everyone with the Anti-sleep accessory
Give everyone Two-Handed ability + Weapon of choice that is S ranked
Make everyone have access to Crescent Moon
Make everyone as fast as possible
Auto-Battle to win

I moved onto Eisenberg after I could outspeed those enemies since I didn't bother with the sleep accessory.

How about for chapter 4? I'm currently grinding right before a boss battle in the story dungeon since there's a convenient means of free hp/mp recharge nearby. I'm sure there's somewhere with better JP though.

Teknoman

Wow friend summons seem to be overpowered early on. Wrecked the first boss in two hits with Xia and Prinny as summon attacks lol. I guess it'll even out later on?

Formless

So.. question. I'm getting to the point where some of my jobs are level 9 now and the "tnl" is like 3500 jp... that is a massive jump, so... I take it I should ignore it for now and focus on other lower level jobs until I get to the point where I'm getting decent jp? Right now (just finishing up Chapter 2), I'm getting like 20-30 jp per fight generally.

I switched it up. You can mix up the passive abilities from other jobs even if you dont really use their stuff in battle.

HawthorneKitty

How about for chapter 4? I'm currently grinding right before a boss battle in the story dungeon since there's a convenient means of free hp/mp recharge nearby. I'm sure there's somewhere with better JP though.
If you're in the dungeon with the free recharge, I think you are in the best place, especially since you can easily level up magic users.

Sora_N

I love the animation you get on the touchscreen when you get a pass.

I finished my exam so I can finally play a bit again. Is there an easy way to make money?

JLeack

Banned
I really like this game but its flaws are starting to become more noticeable as times goes on. I'm 24 hours into the experience, by the way.

1. Duct tape that mouth, Agnes - Good god. Every time she talks I hit the skip button. CRINGE.

2. Repetition.com - You go into a dungeon, navigate through cooridors, open a few optional treasure chests, see a guy in a red robe, fight a boss. Do that 30 times and you've completed the game.

3. Story? What story - Like, I don't even give a poodle's tail what's happened in the story thus far. Edea's banter and the sexy chicks are the only saving grace.

That said, I am captivated by the score and have enjoyed the combat. Overall I'd say it's in 8.5/10 territory, which is roughly what its Metacritic score is.

Back to skipping Agnes' mountains of annoying dialog.

If you're in the dungeon with the free recharge, I think you are in the best place, especially since you can easily level up magic users.

Oh ok, I thought perhaps the side quest dungeon nearby would be better but don't have access to it yet. I'm not even bothering with magic since they kill just as fast with weapons ha Funny you mention that though as I just put the ladies back on their old W and B mage jobs. Time to max those out. I wish the final B Mage skill was the W Mage's instead though..

unless you really like the class or want a later skill, I'd just switch to a later class.

I'm planning on getting thief to level 9 and stopping as that's when I get the skill I really want for my dagger users. Which I probably won't use until I get the ninja.

unless you really like the class or want a later skill, I'd just switch to a later class.

I'm planning on getting thief to level 9 and stopping as that's when I get the skill I really want for my dagger users. Which I probably won't use until I get the ninja.

I really want the Thief skill that lets you steal two things at once, but that's like level 11... It'd take way too long to unlock at where I am in the game currently, lol. So I might as well wait until I'm getting a decent amount of jp per battle.

Coldsnap

I don't know about this game. I really loved the demo. Bought it and finished the first chapter and I sort of hate it. The character models look terrible, the writing is bland, the way the story is presented through lots of dialogue with bad backgrounds, repetitive music, and pay to play elements in it... I'm just not sure. Dungeons are terrible, most environments are terrible too. As a matter of fact, I'm not going to play this game anymore.

Maybesew

I don't know about this game. I really loved the demo. Bought it and finished the first chapter and I sort of hate it. The character models look terrible, the writing is bland, the way the story is presented through lots of dialogue with bad backgrounds, repetitive music, and pay to play elements in it... I'm just not sure. Dungeons are terrible, most environments are terrible too. As a matter of fact, I'm not going to play this game anymore.

Sounds good.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

dc4Ufpq.png

I really want the Thief skill that lets you steal two things at once, but that's like level 11... It'd take way too long to unlock at where I am in the game currently, lol. So I might as well wait until I'm getting a decent amount of jp per battle.

I did the grind to get Ringabel that skill in chapter 3 at
Starkfort. Getting a group of 3 or more soldiers together can net you nice chunks of JP. With groups of 4 and the 10 round bonus I was getting close to 100 JP a turn

Did it call your mother fat too?

JLeack

Banned

I hear you brotha. The story is the worst I've experienced in an RPG in a while. Granted, I haven't really played an RPG in a while.

The models definitely are not favorable. It's hard to me envision what the characters would look like in real life.

But man, I can't believe you said the soundtrack is repetitive. The soundtrack is absolutely phenomenal IMO. It evokes emotion, and that's the best thing music can do.

I did the grind to get Ringabel that skill in chapter 3 at
Starkfort. Getting a group of 3 or more soldiers together can net you nice chunks of JP. With groups of 4 and the 10 round bonus I was getting close to 100 JP a turn

Hmm, I'm starting Chapter 3 now actually. I might see how it goes, but even with 100 JP a turn, that'd take quite a while (especially if there's another big jump after 3500 lol).

Hmm, I'm starting Chapter 3 now actually. I might see how it goes, but even with 100 JP a turn, that'd take quite a while (especially if there's another big jump after 3500 lol).

Haha yeah thats true, I'm just addicted to leveling Jobs and abusing the hell out of crescent moon, don't forget to buy a set of alarm earrings and equip them before you start a grind, it helps keep your combo going

Isaccard

Can I go back and play the demo, and still get bonus on a save file on the retail version already in progress or do I have to start over?

Top Bottom