• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Dragner

Chapter 4 spoilers
Killed the fire dragon. I was wondering what those obelisks were for, and once he mentioned key stones it seemed pretty obvious. Spiritmaster was pretty useful for that fight, as were ninjas. Really hope the vampire class ends up being useful.

Well...
The Vampire Class is kind of cool, has some good habilities and If you get the Genoma thing going (Blue magic) is strong. But at the end of the day he is just a mid tier class...but a fun class overall. Some day I'll replay this game without using the busted classes and I'll try out Vampire more deeply.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, teach me how to make the Ninja awesome.

I changed Edea into it as soon as I got the job, but now I already miss her as a Valkyrie with her 2-handed Spear dealing tons of damage or wiping mobs.

I'm dual wielding 2 Kunais

I guess I just need to level her up, because the initial skills are rather underwhelming

Velcro Fly

So maybe I'm overthinking the whole (Ch1)
Chairman Profiteur
fight but it feels to me like it's a sheer HP numbers thing.
You can easily get hit for 600 damage every other turn by him alone
. It makes sense to me to grind everyone up to level 4 monks for the 10% more HP that you can get. It may be cheap but 10% more HP is 60-70 in many cases. Plus I'm sure I'll level once or twice more. I know I'll probably make the fight really easy but preparing and thinking about the strategy seems way more fun than having a battle take forever!

So maybe I'm overthinking the whole (Ch1)
Chairman Profiteur
fight but it feels to me like it's a sheer HP numbers thing.
You can easily get hit for 600 damage every other turn by him alone
. It makes sense to me to grind everyone up to level 4 monks for the 10% more HP that you can get. It may be cheap but 10% more HP is 60-70 in many cases. Plus I'm sure I'll level once or twice more. I know I'll probably make the fight really easy but preparing and thinking about the strategy seems way more fun than having a battle take forever!

Black Mage's Damage Dispersion will help too.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
1) OMG Pirate Edea is soooo adorable I want to keep her like this forever.
2) Fire Temple boss wasn't very hard. I guess I was ready. That one big move was painful, KOed Edea, but I got her back and she used her 4 turns to finish him off, the only post-specials attacks I did.
3) Also got the 4rd summon, not so bad. Anyone have a frame of reference for how much these summons increase in damage and how many times you have to summon them to make it work? I don't want to start into investing that effort if it won't pay off very well *coughFFIX&Xcough*

Baliis

Finally finished at level 77 on normal. Enjoyed the ending and all, might go back and do a hard mode run though and play with more classes than pretty much just
ninja

vareon

FINALLY got my copy. Time to play.

wwSfczv.jpg

Velcro Fly

Success! The extra HP ensured that no one was killed in one turn which was really the thing I wanted to avoid. Agnes was able to keep up with healing just fine!

Now to figure out how to distribute my townies to build things up really nice while I sleep.

Baliis

Were you able to Utsusemi your way through the whole game?

My final party was:

Ninja/sword magic
red mage/spiritualism
Pirate/misc
Ninja/sword magic

mostly I used poison to trigger bp recovery to keep stillness up while I stored bp, then just went all out for a turn. Not the cheapest strategy, but it worked well enough for every fight pretty much

Dragner

I finished the game without using utsusemi, what a hardcore gamer I am.

I preferred to use Thief/valkyrie, Spiritmaster/Valkyrie (hermes shoes),Ninja/Valkyrie (just for the speed) x 2 what a hardcore gamer I am :). When this didnt work for whatever reason I used Spiritmaster Adaptation + Spam Dark Nebula for 100k + damage a turn. I love break da gaems

Astarte

Giving Ringabel
Vampire
with
Dark Knight
subclass has made him the most dangerous geist. Seriously, he absolutely destroys anything in his path, it's unreal.

duckroll

Still around the start of chapter 3 right now. Party is about lvl30. Edea's a two-handed Valkyrie, Tiz is two-handed Spell Fencer with some Monk buffs, Agnes is still training in Red Mage until I get a high enough B&W Magic level so I can switch to a Time Mage w/ B&W Magic, Ringabel is a Furry with thief skills and More Money.

I'm not really completely happy with Tiz and Agnes' builds right now, but I'm experimenting with stuff and working through it. Edea and Ringabel are doing exactly what I need though, so I think the combinations are pretty good.

The art in the game is sooooo good. The stuff I've seen in Chapter 3 so far is amazing. Gorgeous backgrounds. <3

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Still around the start of chapter 3 right now. Party is about lvl30. Edea's a two-handed Valkyrie, Tiz is two-handed Spell Fencer with some Monk buffs, Agnes is still training in Red Mage until I get a high enough B&W Magic level so I can switch to a Time Mage w/ B&W Magic, Ringabel is a Furry with thief skills and More Money.

I'm not really completely happy with Tiz and Agnes' builds right now, but I'm experimenting with stuff and working through it. Edea and Ringabel are doing exactly what I need though, so I think the combinations are pretty good.

The art in the game is sooooo good. The stuff I've seen in Chapter 3 so far is amazing. Gorgeous backgrounds. <3

Does time mage give you more mp?

EDIT " it does but it only give me 3mp more than my red mage

Currently using a red mage with mp 20% up

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

I really like the combo of Monk and Ranger for Tiz. I have Monk as primary and Ranger as ability. The high monk damage (nat. talent) combined with targeting or multiburst attack is just fantastic.

Can anyone give my hints to find (chapter 3 class)
Ninja_____
?

It opens up at some point during the main quest, I think.
After you've delivered Egil to the innkeeper in Caldisla, iirc

duckroll

Does time mage give you more mp?

EDIT " it does but it only give me 3mp more than my red mage

Currently using a red mage with mp 20% up

Well my character plan right now is to be able to create an Agnes who has access to as many core spells as possible in the game. Having B&W Magic on a Time Mage, or vice-versa, seems to be the best option. The Red Mage has the best costume though, and some really handy support skills, so we'll see.

I really like the combo of Monk and Ranger for Tiz. I have Monk as primary and Ranger as ability. The high monk damage (nat. talent) combined with targeting or multiburst attack is just fantastic.

Hmmmm... yes that's certainly something to consider. I hadn't really thought of that. Mostly because I shudder when I consider making another character a furry. Lol. >_<

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Who makes the best
Ninja
?

I switched Edea from
Valkyrie
, but I really liked her the way she was. Maybe Ringabel because of his speed?

Who makes the best
Ninja
?

I switched Edea from
Valkyrie
, but I really liked her the way she was. Maybe Ringabel because of his speed?

Ringabel, for the reason you mention. But the character differences are really that significant, only a few points in base stats.

demidar

It opens up at some point during the main quest, I think.
After you've delivered Egil to the innkeeper in Caldisla, iirc

Oh I'm doing that right now, thanks. I was just a bit confused after getting a job and then going to the job screen and seeing multiple gaps without an indication of where the next one is on the world map.

About 3 hrs in and "Mrgrgr" is my new favorite thing. Plot so far is whatever and Tiz and Agnes are lame but Ringabel and Edea are great.

Two quick early questions

1. Does every dungeon have a secret chest and are there any indicators where it is (outside of dowsing rod) or do I have to simply have to run against every wall to determine if there are invisible doors anywhere? Just remembered I could drop the encounter rate to 0 while I do it but still.

2. Is there a skill to open locked chests like in the villa?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
About 3 hrs in and "Mrgrgr" is my new favorite thing. Plot so far is whatever and Tiz and Agnes are lame but Ringabel and Edea are great.

Two quick early questions

1. Does every dungeon have a secret chest and are there any indicators where it is (outside of dowsing rod) or do I have to simply have to run against every wall to determine if there are invisible doors anywhere? Just remembered I could drop the encounter rate to 0 while I do it but still.

2. Is there a skill to open unlocked chests like in the villa?
1. Not all have a secret one; foresty locations definitely don't.

2. You get a key in Chapter 6 that unlocks the blue chests.

2San

Hmmmm... yes that's certainly something to consider. I hadn't really thought of that. Mostly because I shudder when I consider making another character a furry. Lol. >_<
That's why the appearance changing costumes are worth it, despite being expensive (from the norende village construction).

Syrus

Banned
I've almost opens all 1 level shops overnight with 24 villagers. Is that this easy? How long tilim done opening nornde?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
That's why the appearance changing costumes are worth it, despite being expensive (from the norende village construction).

200k pr outfit tho

Need an elixir mammon asap

Zing

Banned
Yes, starting with that many villagers is definitely cheating. I have been using only the villagers I get from "update data" and I reached 18 after just a few days, had every area reclaimed, a few shops almost maxed, and every shop at least level 3. I just streetpassed for the first time last night by going to downtown Toronto, and ended up with the max of 10 streetpasses. So now, I have 28 villagers, all working on buildings. At this rate, I will have everything maxed in two days.

Still can't afford most of the shop items and actually don't care to buy them anyway.

colinp

Banned
Yes, starting with that many villagers is definitely cheating. I have been using only the villagers I get from "update data" and I reached 18 after just a few days, had every area reclaimed, a few shops almost maxed, and every shop at least level 3. I just streetpassed for the first time last night by going to downtown Toronto, and ended up with the max of 10 streetpasses. So now, I have 28 villagers, all working on buildings. At this rate, I will have everything maxed in two days.

Still can't afford most of the shop items and actually don't care to buy them anyway.

No, once you get to level 8/9 it starts taking more time. You won have them max'd in two days I promise.

2San

Wait, what are those? I noticed I have two in my shop but what do they do...?
You basically have customes you can equip that doesn't change the stats, but it does change the appearance. You have a costume that makes you look like the freelancer class. The other ones are unique and character specific.
200k pr outfit tho

Need an elixir mammon asap
There are other ways to get money. I personally used the Merchant's Big pharma trick, since it demands zero effort on the player part. It feels a bit like cheating, but hey money is tight.

Or you can go for the easy grind as described here:
Money Farm (Eternia)
Undead farm

I never managed to get a elixir mammon, but was drowning in pg anyway.

Zing

Banned
I already have several at level 10. I assign four villagers to a level 10 and its level 11 in a 24 hours. So, maybe it will take me four days. Maybe less since I will get at least 12 more villagers in that time from "update data", and maybe even less as villagers get concentrated on tasks due to buildings maxing out.

2San

How long is the cooldown of special skills?
The build up depends on weapon type. With daggers you need to use items. With the staff you need use healing magic. Just go into the menu and go to special it's written somewhere there.

Top Bottom